March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dynamic Developers - Weekly Build Challenges

Comments

• gemchiaragemchiara Posts: 97 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Florist’s Favourite is a lovely flower shop and apartment! @gemchiara :) Very nice exterior design, brick texture and pretty open shutter flower box windows! The corner entrance area is great! The indoors greenhouse is very nice! The sisters will enjoy growing plants there to make into flower arrangements. The flowers look great on display ready to be bought by sims.Very nice furnishing and layout of the living areas! Very nice colour of the walls and furnishings. They will enjoy relaxing on the sofa watching tv after working at the shop.
    > The sisters are very pretty! It is nice that they come from an Arab background :)

Thank you so so so so much!
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    @Valuzza90

The flower girls are beautiful! I love that you incorporated floral into their attire and made their hair color match their name! Their traits fit them perfectly! (The poses are beautiful as well!)

@leashahampton

Florist & Garden Store is beautiful! I love the grey brick walls with the accents of the black roof and black windows! The pops of white in the door and fence looks beautiful together! The front is nicely decorated with the pots sims can purchase for their plants and the garden statues! The interior is so pretty! I love the light shade of pink on the walls with the brown wood flooring! You have decorated all the shelving and counter tops beautifully with various types of flowers! I adore the succulents on the wall!

Thank you everyone for participating, I have submitted you all for Maxis Favs for builds (if you participated) and households (if you participated)!
    tXqfTCv.png

Olly Watt and Larissa Watt come to you with their 3 kids, Bradly, Maverick, and Jarred, for a small request. They would love for you to build them an off the grid room for their home! They tell you it can be any color scheme, any amount of money, and you can pick one from this list of rooms to turn into off the grid!

- Bathroom
    - Kitchen
    - Laundry Room

You start to think of some ideas before jumping in and designing!

Your Objective:

- Build an off the grid bathroom, kitchen, or laundry room.

Requirements:

- This build must be uploaded as a room, not a lot.
    - You can only pick one from the list of rooms.
    - You do not have to own Island Living to participate, just get creative!

Additional Notes:
    - Please remember, no custom content is allowed in these builds.
    - Everyone will be nominated for the builds and sims they create for Maxis favs!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sim Entry Objective:

Please create the Watt family!

Ideas for creating them:

- 2 adults, 3 children.
    - They are looking for an off the grid room for their home.
    - They most likely enjoy the outdoors.
    - The children can be any age (young adults and below)
    - The parents can be either adults or elders.

Be creative!

You have one week for this challenge.

Entries Close:

Sunday, September 1st at 6:00PM USA (CT)

The New Challenge Will Be Posted:

Monday, September 2nd at 9:00AM USA (CT)

Remember to add #DD13 OR #DynamicDevelopers13 to your description on the gallery.

Entry form:

-Information-
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Gallery Name Of Build:
    Gallery Link:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    Street View:
    Top View: (show the layout)
    Additional Images:

Sim Entry Form

-Information-
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Gallery Name Of Household:
    Gallery Link:
    Traits/Aspiration:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    1-3 Images of household

I can't wait to see all of the builds!
  • AgenaAgena Posts: 36 Member
    Nooooo! How can I choose only one of those rooms! They're my top 3 favorite rooms to design... (through there's one I especially love as an off the grid room, so... )
    Agena wrote: »
    Nooooo! How can I choose only one of those rooms! They're my top 3 favorite rooms to design... (through there's one I especially love as an off the grid room, so... )

:D I can't wait to see which one you choose!
    :D I can't wait to see which one you choose!

Oh, I won't really choose, I'll build a whole house and then enter my favorite of the three rooms eligible for the challenge XD
    After all, the Watts will need more than just a room to live.
    So excited for this challenge!!! Love love love building off the grid homes and built one that's entirely off-the-grid for a series I did (gallery name: Conservationist Hideaway). My off the grid rooms are generally for single sims so I'm excited to tackle one with a family in mind!
    -Information-
    Origin ID: gemchiara
    Forum ID: gemchiara
    Gallery Name Of Build: Off-the-Grid Cookin'
    Gallery Link: besides the fact I can't post link yet, I also have no idea how to find it!
    Additional Notes: Full kitchen with even a small indoor gardening area so your sims can have on-hand fresh vegetables and herbs to cook with. Built for the whole family.

Can't post pics yet, sorry!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hello @gemchiara :) If you make one more post you will become a full member and will be able to post pictures :)
    This is a link to your gallery page on the website version of the gallery. You will find your builds there. You just need to copy and paste the address link in your post
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gemchiara&max=50&maxis=false
    Off the Grid is a lovely furnished kitchen that suits the theme very well! @gemchiara :) Very nice natural wooden texture of the counters, dining table and chairs. The fruit crates, overhanging pots and pans, and fruit bowl on the table are nice touches.Very nice and sunny windows garden nook! The wall and ceiling candles are very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking and dining there :)
    -Information-
    Origin ID: gemchiara
    Forum ID: gemchiara
    Gallery Name Of Household: Outdoorsy Lifestyle
    Gallery Link: can't post
    Traits/Aspiration: Father Olly is an Outdoor Enthusiast. His jealous personality makes him a proud family man as well as loving the outdoors and food almost too much! His wife Larissa spends every minute possible outside! She's a perfectionist and family-oriented as well as a daring Collector and Curator. Oldest child and only daughter Bradley wants to explore the jungles of Selvadora and is a hopeless romantic who loves the outdoors. Maverick is rambunctious and incredibly smart and toddler Jarred is independent and loves wandering around!
    Thank you so much @rosemow ! How do I find the links?!? I'm so confused haha
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    @gemchiara If you go to the Sims 4 Web Gallery HERE You will see Trending and Browse tabs. Click Browse. Then, on the drop down, where it initally says 'Search Item by Name', choose EAID and put in your EAID and 'Search' and you will see your Gallery. Click on the item you want to link and it will open in a pop-up. Then click the address bar and copy that address and post that link and everyone will be able to go directly to that build.
    gemchiara wrote: »
    Thank you so much @rosemow ! How do I find the links?!? I'm so confused haha

Hello @gemchiara :)
    I have posted the link to your studio on the website version of the Gallery in this link post
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17218361/#Comment_17218361
    You will find your builds there. You just need to copy and paste the address links of the creations into your post
    -Information-
    Origin ID: Paillette87
    Forum ID: Agena
    Gallery Name Of Build: The Watts' Kitchen
    Gallery Link: HERE
    Additional Notes: art by @rosemow

-Images-
    Street View: /
    Top View: Jhhpjts.png
    Additional Images:
    p3KRUNq.png
    kw9PFNS.png
    Kdg3SUb.png
    edited August 2019
    -Information-
    Origin ID:
    Paillette87
    Forum ID: Agena
    Gallery Name Of Household: The Watts
    Gallery Link: HERE
    Traits/Aspiration:
    Olly: Outdoor Enthusiast - Loves outdoors, creative, romantic
    Larissa: Super Parent - Loves outdoors, vegetarian, good
    Maverick: Nerd Brain - Gloomy, genius
    Jarred: Musical Genius - Hot-headed, music lover
    Bradly: Social Butterfly - Goofball
    Adhara: Territorial, frisky, affectionate
    Additional Notes: Background: Jarred was happy in Del Sol Valley. He had his friends, his band, and nature was just a vague notion he heard of once or twice on the TV. Until his parents decided that living in the country in an old house with barely any comfort would be a good idea. How can he become a world-famous musician now? At least his little brother still idolizes him and is as vocal as he is about their new way of life.

I added a cat to the household because they seem like a family who would always at least one pet (also I never play with pets; why do I even have this pack?). And since I didn't know which name to give to the little furball, I gave her my own cat's name.

-Images-
    00.jpg
    NPJMOd5.png
    pre4X1E.png
    The Watts Kitchen is a very lovely, warm,and rustic kitchen! @Agena :) The design, natural wooden and stone wall textures, and the wooden and cane furnishings are very nice! The plants shelves and planter box look very nice on the wall and the sunflowers are a nice sunny touch on the table. The teapots are a homely touch on the wall shelf, and it is nice the old style stove is there for Sims to enjoy cooking meals on. The candles are calming in the room. Thankyou very much for using my art! :)
    Very nice simversions of the family members :) It is nice that they have a cat also, and special that you named Adhara after your own real life cat <3
    Thanks a lot, @rosemow for your very nice review. And thank you for creating those amazing paintings and letting us use them! <3
    Taoron wrote: »
    @gemchiara If you go to the Sims 4 Web Gallery HERE You will see Trending and Browse tabs. Click Browse. Then, on the drop down, where it initally says 'Search Item by Name', choose EAID and put in your EAID and 'Search' and you will see your Gallery. Click on the item you want to link and it will open in a pop-up. Then click the address bar and copy that address and post that link and everyone will be able to go directly to that build.

So weird! Have tried a couple times but it never works!!! Will try again now that I can actually post links and images :)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,016 Member
    edited August 2019
    Thank you so much for your very detailed and awesome review of my flower shop build and Sims @JosieAnglin B)<3! I'm happy you like them so much B)<3!

Thanks for nominating all of us for Maxis Faves <3!

Great builds, everyone B)!

Nice kitchen @Agena B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thanks again for nominating us on the last challenge! Can't wait to see all of your creations on this new challenge!!!
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,016 Member
    edited August 2019
    This off the grid challenge was so awesome @JosieAnglin B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top