Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dynamic Developers - Weekly Build Challenges

Comments

• JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    If anyone is wanting to submit their build this week, today is the last day to do so! A new theme will be posted tomorrow 8/5!
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Been lurking for a bit and this is a great idea! Wonderful entries too. I haven't had much time to build lately, but hopefully things will get less busy and I can join the next challenge. Thanks for the great challenges @JosieAnglin!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    edited August 2019
    EDIT: I thought I lost the lot when I left build mode to create Sunil but I dug through my saves and found the lot! Sighs of relief.

Origin ID:Wendyology
    Forum ID:Wendyology
    Gallery Name Of Build: Barn Loft
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9A8B3BC5B6FF11E98DCC1090911CB41A?Additional Notes: This converted barn with log beams is a perfect rustic getaway. Commissioned for Tova Sunil, a tech executive who is secretly an introvert who likes nature and good food. This is the perfect place for him to recharge his batteries.

r6UVA6B.png
    6y9aEeZ.png
    LDAqlPK.png
    Post edited by wendyology on
    edited August 2019
    Here's my digital troublemaker Tova.

Origin ID:Wendyology
    Forum ID:Wendyology
    Gallery Name Of Household:Sunil
    Gallery Link:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7C16D3DEB6F211E98D21898789D8E217?
    Traits/Aspiration: Loves outdoors, Foodie, Loner - Master Chef aspiration.
    Additional Notes: At first glance Tova seems like your typical tech bro, going to parties and raising venture capital. Secretly he longs for the great outdoors, a place where he can be alone, cook good meals and enjoy a more relaxed pace.

Rocking out
    Ycc5GtA.png

Checking out the sleeping loft
    kFZ4Vwj.png

The water may be green but it's still a refreshing spot to swim
    okKJE7I.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Barn Loft is a very lovely rustic cabin home! @wendyology :) Very nice barn exterior design. wooden texture, very nice roofing, and pretty flowers and plants on edges of pond and in the front garden area! Very nice nook area for Tovi to enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. He will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating outside at the picnic table in the sunshine, Very nice furnishing of the interior! The interiors and colours are very nice, warm and homely! The pictures on the walls add a special touch to the living area. Very nice bed loft! The floor rug is a nice touch.
    Your simversion of Tovi is very nice! It is a lovely photo of him enjoying playing the guitar in his lovely home :)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,092 Member
    Thank you very much @rosemow @JosieAnglin for your detailed reviews of my lot and Sim B)<3! You're both awesome B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

Very nice lot and Sim, @wendyology B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thank you very much, @lsnishi B)<3! I hope you can join this challenge B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

@wendyology

I love your barn style vacation home! It's very rustic and the pond is a really nice touch! Tova will love being able to come to his new vacation home through out the year. I love that you included activities for him to do such as painting, swimming, and playing the guitar! The loft design looks very nice. I love all the rustic looking artwork you used on the walls.

Your sim Tova looks very nice. I love his background you gave him! He will really enjoy being able to step away from his busy life of cooking to come relax in his new vacation home alone through out the year!

Great job!
    Thank you for participating, the new challenge will be up soon :)

I am sending you guys in for Maxis favs now!
    edited August 2019
    RZ5wT7Y.png

Michelle Jones and Billie Jones have come to you with an odd request - they would like a fruit themed room! Every time they step into this specific room in their home, they would love to be reminded of the smell and taste of a fruit of your choice!

You think about this odd request for a moment before agreeing and you ask which room in their home they would like renovated. They tell you to pick one, just make it as fruity as you can!

Your Objective:

- Build a fruit themed room for this odd and quirky couple.

Requirements:

- This build must be uploaded as a room, not a lot.
    - You must pick one fruit to base your room off of.
    - You may pick any room you'd like.

Additional Notes:
    - Please remember, no custom content is allowed in these builds.
    - Everyone will be nominated for the builds and sims they create for Maxis favs!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sim Entry Objective:

Please create both Michelle and Billie!

Ideas for creating them:

- They love fruit!
    - They are a bit odd and quirky!
    - They are a couple!

Be creative!

You have one week for this challenge.

Entries Close:

Sunday, August 11th at 6:00PM USA (CT)

The New Challenge Will Be Posted:

Monday, August 12th at 9:00AM USA (CT)

Remember to add #DD10 OR #DynamicDevelopers10 to your description on the gallery.

Entry form:

-Information-
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Gallery Name Of Build:
    Gallery Link:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    Street View:
    Top View: (show the layout)
    Additional Images:

Sim Entry Form

-Information-
    Origin ID:
    Forum ID:
    Gallery Name Of Household:
    Gallery Link:
    Traits/Aspiration:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    1-3 Images of household

I can't wait to see all of the builds!
    Post edited by JosieAnglin on
    Thank you for the feedback @JosieAnglin @rosemow and @coolsim9999999 the cabin was an interesting and challenging build! I already have a crazy idea in my head for next week.
    wendyology wrote: »
    Thank you for the feedback @JosieAnglin @rosemow and @coolsim9999999 the cabin was an interesting and challenging build! I already have a crazy idea in my head for next week.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!
    Thank you very much for the nominations, @JosieAnglin B)<3!

I'm looking forward to the new challenge that went up B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited August 2019
    Finished a room for the fruit challenge. :) Made a bedroom with an apple theme.

Challenge No. 10
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Forum ID: lsnishi
    Gallery Name of the Build: Apple Of My Eye
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9B10032ABA6311E98BAB898789D8E217
    Additional Notes: Credit and thanks to @rosemow, @Babewire and @Juwels64 for the wonderful apple art.
    Pics:
    MrtRhKG.png
    jt9bUwh.png
    CMR1vjy.png
    tbN4PkC.png
    EN9CWC3.png

I had to correct the challenge hashtag (thanks @coolsim9999999 for letting me know) and reupload. I have corrected the entry form for the reupload.
    Post edited by lsnishi on
    PDWxp40.jpg
    Apple of My Eye is a lovely apple themed bedroom! @lsnishi :) Very creatively designed apple tree and apple rugs! The apple themed wallart, and apple picture and pretty flowers on the drawers looks great! Very nice computer and study desk nook! Very nice colour scheme of room. Nice corner music nook to enjoy playing the guitar.
    It is a lovely fruit themed room! Thankyou very much for using my art! :)
    Thank you @rosemow! Your art inspired the room. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
    edited August 2019
    Awesome apple bedroom @lsnishi! I really love the "apple tree" rug and all the details B)<3!

My room and sims will be in by tomorrow, I think :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thank you @coolsim9999999, can't wait to see your room!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Entry form:
    Dynamic Developers 10
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Forum ID: AlJay
    Gallery Name Of Build: A slice of Watermelon
    Additional Notes:
    I stumbled upon this challenge and it looked like a lot of fun
    I decided to make a patio that is watermelon themed and the new update gives us red picture frames (hooray) so I threw some of those in there for fun :)
    Pictures:
    htHD67a.png
    uBJDI8a.png
    Additional images
    husPX1b.png
    DXBGzY2.png
    qpGLMsE.png
    A Slice of Watermelon is a great fruit themed patio! @AlJay :) The patio design in the shape of a slide of watermelon is great! The green hedging and white edging of the patio to reflect the outside of a watermelon looks great! Very nice red watermelon colour scheme of the room! The black counters to reflect the seeds looks great! Very pretty string of red lanterns! Your watermelon wallart and red frames is great!
    It is a lovely watermelon patio! :)
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Thank you @rosemow 🙂
    You're welcome, @lsnishi, and thanks for your nice comment about my upcoming room :)!

Thanks @lsnishi ! My room will be up tonight :)!

Awesome watermelon room @AlJay --- and it even has "seeds B)<3!"
    4kkjdXo.png

edited August 2019
    Entry Form:
    -Information-
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Forum ID: coolsim9999999
    Gallery Name of Build: Growfruit Bedroom Bliss
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/14296FC2BAEC11E9899532E030399C08?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Additional Notes:
    1. The couple will be getting a cat very soon, so there's as pet bed and a cat play area in their bedroom.
    Back Story:
    Michelle and Billie Jones share a love of grow fruit that goes way above and beyond. This couple wanted a designer to furnish their bedroom to be shaped like grow fruit, with the fruit and signs of it all around the room!
    -Images-
    IkqOxL1.png
    Top View: (show the layout)
    bFxnF5d.png
    Street View:
    Additional Images:
    5az31eE.png
    L0kW9uz.png
    RXZolrl.png
    1yh7u7P.png
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

edited August 2019
    Sim Entry Form
    -Information-
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Forum ID: coolsim9999999
    Gallery Name Of Household: Grow fruit
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BA6EACBABAEF11E9869732E030399C08?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Traits/Aspiration:
    Michelle: Vegetarian, Erratic, Foodie/Master Chef
    Billie: Glutton, Erratic, Vegetarian /Master Mixologist
    Additional Notes:
    Back Story:
    Michelle and Billie dress in the fruit’s colors in every outfit, and Michelle wolfs down their beloved fruit even though it's very difficult with her braces!
    -Images-
    3 Images of household
    cvWDEYf.png
    9gYn2qo.png
    DF1Qnr7.png
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file