Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dynamic Developers - Weekly Build Challenges

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    The layout and furnishing of Beach Bano is very nice! @Paigeotto :) The wall colour looks very nice. Very nice armchairs sitting nook! The yellow colour of the chairs and the shell themed shape of the chairs looks very nice! The patterned floor rug adds a very nice look to the nook area, and the wall picture captures the sea theme well. The lighthouse is a nice touch on the table.Very nice bath tub alcove! The beach umbrella and beach towel are great touches there! The corner of bamboo plant is very restful. Sims will like wearing the hanging bath robe after bathing. The beach and sea themed pictures are nice touches on the sink counter and side walls.
    It is a very nice coastal bathroom ! :)
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    @Paigeotto thanks for entering in this week's challenge!

Seems like you enjoyed this one :D
    I want to thank everyone for entering into this competition!

Here are your results for Challenge 3 - The Fairy House:

EXPERIENCED:

@coolsim9999999 with Fairy’s Abode

Notes:
    You always impress me the the shapes of your rooms/houses. They’re always creative and unique. I love that you made the exterior of the home pink and that there are multiple doors to the outside. The ruins in the front of the house look really great. I love the roof design. The back of the house looks really nice, I like that you created a garden area there. The entire house and gardens light up nicely at night. The patio area in the back with the table and chairs looks really nice. The pink fountain is a really nice touch and I adore the pink tree behind the pretty bench area. The candles on the rock side tables makes the area look very romantic. The bird house is such a cute little detail. Interior wise, you did a really great job of having the color scheme flow really nicely. I love that you didn’t include any modern technology, except the stove/fridge of course but even then you went for the more traditional ones. Everything is so nicely decorated! I love the bunnies in the kitchen. The living room is probably my favorite part of your build. It looks so cozy and pretty. The statue of the girl looks really nicely placed, I love the two different colored walls, the log wall decor looks really nice, and the way you did the flooring under the fireplace is so creative. All the fish in the kitchen is really cute. Her master bathroom is huge! I love all the plants you put throughout the home and I like the wall fountain in the bathroom. The curtains around the bed are beautiful. Overall, great job!

Criticism:
    There’s only one thing I have for ya! The front of the house has a lot of windows and you added the balconies and above the doors you added decor which all looks really nice. The sides and the back of the house are really plain except for the lights. I’m not sure if you did that for a reason, but I think keeping it cohesive around the entire exterior of the home would have looked really pretty.

@xraygrl2004 with Fairy Cottage

Notes:
    Your cottage is adorable. You’ve put so much detail into the exterior of the home, it’s beautiful. I love all the different exterior wall colors/textures you chose. They all work together and look great. The wood is a really unique touch for the roof parts, but again it works really well. The hedging around the home is beautiful, I love that you used different colored hedging instead of using all the same flower colors. The flower lights that were put with the hedging are perfect for this theme! The two types of trees look beautiful and go really nicely with the theme this week. Your use of the terrain tool to make a pathway to the patio area is very nice. The fountain out front is a really nice touch to fill in that space and putting plants around it was a great idea. I love that the side patio area wraps around to the back, it looks really nice. I adore the fountain area in the back, it looks clean and decorated beautifully. The lavender bushes are a perfect touch and go well with the trees. I like that you created a border around it with the benches. The planter boxes below the windows are really pretty. You used a few different window styles and they all flow together nicely. You did a really good job with the color scheme that was given. Every room is beautifully decorated and looks old fashioned. I absolutely love that the upstairs bedroom is a loft. The shape of the cottage is beautiful. Overall, great job!

Criticism:
    You have a few spots that are more bare than other areas. For example, the closet on the main floor with the dresser, all that is in that room is the dresser with the plant on top. Maybe adding in a mirror and a chair to fill in that space to make it look as nicely designed as the rest of your rooms. The side patio area you created is beautiful but then you left the back empty. Maybe taking the planter box off of that corner window and placing a bench with a side table and adding decor on top would make it feel less empty. Also, under your side patio, I would have added columns under the corners so it looks like the roof is supported there.

@cmbaker16 with Cherry Blossom Cottage

Notes:
    Using the hedging fence was a beautiful choice. I love the archway at the front of the home. I love that you created a stone pathway to the front of the home with the terrain tool, that is really creative. The trees look very beautiful and I love what you did with the flower bushes. That design is really unique and creative. Adding the stump chairs was a really cute idea and makes it look like it was really designed for a fairy. The miscellaneous wildflowers randomly around the yard makes it feel very organic and authentic. The fountain in the middle of the yard is probably my favorite part of the build. I adore the terrain under it, I love the rose petals for this challenge, and I love that it’s pink which helps tie everything together. The exterior of the cottage is adorable. I love the front doors you chose and you mix and matched a few different windows that all flow really nicely together. The curved roofs look great with the fireplace attached to the side of the home. The kitchen is tiny and cute, I love the floor choice in there. Her bedroom is really special. I love the fairy pictures on the walls, good choice. That mirror looks great, and I love that you added in a shoe rack for her. The flower rug looks really cute there. The bathroom is nicely decorated. The living room is very nicely decorated. I love the branches lamp, it goes perfectly with the theme. The log chair is perfect in the living room. The cherry blossom painting above the fireplace is a really nice touch. I love that you didn’t use any modern technology in your build. Overall, great job!

Criticism:
    The living room of the cottage is a bit empty. Adding a few more chairs and a coffee table with decor on top in there would have filled it up nicely. Also, I would have added some plants or candles on the mantle of the fireplace to make it feel more homey. Since you have paintings on the walls in the living room I think it would be too much to add another next to the door to the bedroom, but instead of leaving it empty adding a wall mirror, a wall plant, or even a larger wall light breaks it up nicely and doesn’t leave the space looking empty. As for the front yard, you still have a lot of room to play. I think what you did with the yard is beautiful, I just wish there was more. You have a large empty space to the left of the cottage you could turn into a nice patio area with string lights, statues, benches, plants, etc. Perhaps adding more bushes to the right side of the cottage around the fireplace would fill in that area as well. At night the front yard is really dark since there are no lights, perhaps adding in lanterns around the bushes and seats would really make the space feel whimsical.

@carolynrosser with Cherry Tree Fairy Cottage

Notes:
    I absolutely adore the exterior of your home. I think it looks more like a fairy castle than a cottage! I love the hedge fencing and the archway into the yard. That mailbox is nicely placed and looks great with this home. I like that you used the terrain tool for the patio area to the left of the home. All the plants are so colorful and flow nicely together. The statues all around the yard are beautiful and really help it feel like a garden for a fairy. I love that you added plenty of seating around the yard and the chess table is such a nice touch. The bird bath, bird feeder, and birdhouse are all such great additions to the gardens. I love the large fountain in the middle of the yard on the right side. I absolutely adore the rose lattices for the back fencing of the lot, great choice. The roof toppers look really nice. I really like the shape of the home and the layout you created. The living room is beautifully decorated with the trees and the wall color/design. The kitchen is really cute and fun. Her bedroom is so pretty. I love the vines on the walls and the wall fountain. The white curtains with the plant boxes above the windows looks very pretty and natural. The flower arch above the bed is such a beautiful design choice. The bunny and pig statues in the room are very cute and fun. The vanity is a great addition to the room. The bathroom is stunning. The windows with the curtains and vines looks so pretty. I love that you put the tub more in the middle of the room instead of up against the windows or a wall. Great flooring choice as well. Overall, great job!

Criticism:
    I think the yard needed a little bit more lighting. At night it’s a bit dark in corners. I think adding either the flower lights or lanterns/candles around the foliage would really compliment your design and create a really nice romantic and whimsical garden. I would have used the terrain tool to make a pathway from the archway to the front door, and a pathway to the right side of the home where you have seating in front of the statue. Inside the house, the hallway on the second floor is empty. Perhaps adding a few plants, a chair, or some paintings on the walls would fill in that area nicely. I think the vanity area is great in the bedroom, but the wall is a little plain. Maybe adding in shelves above the vanity and placing things like the nail polish set or makeup on the shelves would really make that area stand out. The back fenced in patio is really cute, but perhaps adding in string lights, a bench, plants, and maybe a rug under the patio set would make the space feel more homey.

@Paigeotto with Cherry Tree Child

Notes:
    I think the yard is very pretty and well designed. The pond you created goes perfect with this theme. The rocks and plants look great and they are very nicely placed around the pond. The stone slabs with the lights look really cute with the yard. The bench under the tree is so pretty and I love the lamp you put with it. Everything lights up beautifully at night! The pants and hedges around the exterior of your home is done so nicely. I like the look of the two layers of bushes, it’s unique and clean. The exterior of your home is beautiful as well. The three different colors of brick all flow really nicely together and paired with the dark blue wall color looks stunning. I really like the flooring you chose for the exterior as well. The dark grey slabs look nice with the rest of the home. Great choice for the color scheme. The fencing around the wrap-around porch looks really pretty. I love the thick white trim around the different levels of the house. The roofing is very well done. I love the different shapes and sizes. The wooden flooring looks great inside the home and I love that you brought the brick inside the home. Everything inside the house is nicely decorated. The bedroom is fun and cute, perfect for a fairy. The different types of curtains throughout the home looks really nice, I like that you didn’t stick to just one style. Overall, great job!

Criticism:
    The main floor and the second floor look like two different styles. The bottom feels more rustic while the second floor feels more childish and light. I think keeping the house cohesive and only picking one design choice would have made the house feel more complete. There’s a few walls here and there that look empty. For example, in the kitchen next to the fridge. Adding shelving, wall plants, wall lights, or even a picture would help fill in that area. The white wall next to the green cozy chairs are empty as well. Perhaps adding windows there like you did with the second floor would help make it not look as plain. You have a lot of room on the front porch area to play with. I like the benches and the pots for gardening, I just wish there was more there. Perhaps fountains, plants, or statues would make the space feel more whimsical and light while filling in the space as well.

WINNER:
    dieODb1.jpg

1ST RUNNER UP:
    8Xy0XmJ.jpg

2ND RUNNER UP:
    S36uvCM.jpg

ADVANCED:

@kilra0 with Daydream

Notes:
    *Moved you to the advanced level*
    This fairy home is stunning. There’s so much creativity and design here. The walkway to the home is beautiful, I love the curved pathway with the fencing around it. All of the trees are beautifully placed and I love that you did different sized trees. The landscaping is beautiful. All of the different plants look so pretty together. I love that you added in stones to break it up and add dimension. The mixture of lanterns and the stand up garden lights are adorable. The lanterns give it a very romantic whimsical atmosphere. The ballerina statue in the front is a beautiful touch. I love that you were extra creative and made a pond along the side of the home. It’s very well decorated with the foliage and rocks. I love that you changed the water color to be the rose petals, it fits your home so nicely. All of the statues in the back of the home are very well placed and truly makes it feel like it is a home for a fairy. The patio area is decorated nicely with the overgrown fountain and the overgrown wishing well. The string lights are perfect. I love the mixture of the panel wall and the stone for the exterior walls, they go really nicely together. I adore the roofing, I can tell you had fun creating the shape of the home and playing with the different roof sizes and shapes. It turned out really special. Going with a full white and pink home helps with everything flowing together. You’ve brought the playfulness and whimsical elements into the home. The layout of the home is odd but I really like it. The flooring in the kitchen and bathroom is really adorable. The gazebo area on the second floor is really cute, the benches fit in there perfectly and the guitars are nice touches. The balcony is beautifully decorated as well. I love that you used the same fencing up there as the walkway to the home. Overall, great job!

Criticism:
    Everything is so detailed and creative and decorated beautifully, but the area with the fountain under the balcony, looks kind of empty compared to the rest of the home. I like that you added a wind chime there, but perhaps seating, lights, or plants in that area would have filled it in more and made it feel less empty.

@zathyra with Fae Abode

Notes:
    Your build is beautiful. It looks perfect for a fairy. The trees go perfectly with the theme, and the pond you created is very well done. Making the floor of the pond pebbles makes it look realistic. The stone around it looks great and I love the lily pads in the water. The plants, flowers, and rocks all around the home is absolutely stunning. I love how colorful it is and how well it all flows together. The front gate is really cute and looks great with the hedge fencing. Adorable gazebo, I like that you added plants, seating, and a lantern on the table. It looks very whimsical and pretty. The bench area next to the pond looks great and I like that you added the tree lights and the watering can plant. Your use of the terrain tool is really pretty and the pathways are really nice without being over the top. The back patio area is so cute with the gardening supplies and pots to garden with. The plant boxes under the windows looks really nice and goes perfect with the exterior of the home. The chimney and the fairy statue on the roof makes your build look unique and well put together. The interior of your home is just as nicely decorated as the exterior. There isn’t a spot missed. The entryway of the home is nicely decorated with the rug and dresser. The clutter in every room is nicely placed and isn’t overwhelming. I like how you separated the flooring between the kitchen and the rest of the home. Her bedroom is beautifully designed. I adore the curtains, it makes the space feel very classy and light. Overall, great job!

Criticism:
    At night it’s a little dark around the two trees in the yard. Perhaps lanterns around the trees mixed with stones and foliage would keep the feel of the whimsical garden, but adding plenty of lighting as well. The tree in the beck to the left of the lot looks nice but it looks like the right side of the yard has more decorations that the left side. Perhaps adding a seating area like the one near the pond would help that area look as nicely decorated as the rest of the lot.

@pennypolendina with cherries

Notes:
    This house is adorable. The fencing you chose and how you placed it is so pretty and creative. I love that you didn’t do it around the entire lot. The landscaping is gorgeous. The wishing well is such a beautiful touch for the garden. I like all the different types of flowers and shrubs you’ve used, plus adding in the rocks really helps break it all up nicely. The flower arches are so pretty and I love that you connected bushes to them to make a pathway. The tree area in the back corner is beautifully decorated. The lanterns look so pretty and go so well with the theme. The tea set on the table is a really great touch. The garden area in the back of the house is so cute and nicely decorated. I love that you added the watering cans and different potted plants around that area, it makes it feel more lived in. Your use of the terrain tool is so nice. All of the pathways look realistic and there’s just the right amount of them. I adore the look of the exterior of the house you created. The wall choice/color looks great with the stone for the fireplace and the white trim. All the different sized roofs and all the shapes go really well together and look really nice. The vines, planter boxes, and statues all over the exterior of the home makes it look really woodsy and cozy. The shape of the house is designed really well and laid out nicely. I really love the clutter on the shelves in the entry way above the green chairs. The clutter in the kitchen is really cute and placed perfectly. I like all the shelves you put into the kitchen, it makes it really unique and special. I absolutely adore the living room area with the fireplace. Those curtains look so pretty in that room and I love how you arranged the seats in the space. All of the plant life upstairs looks great and the office area looks nicely decorated. The master bedroom is so whimsical. The butterflies and flowers really make the room feel like it was made for a fairy. Overall, great job!

Criticism:
    The wall of stone fencing that is next to the flower arches, I feel like that space should be open since it looks strange to have a pathway leading to a stone wall. Or, perhaps you could have made that area into a nice seating area with some pillow seats, lanterns, and potted plants while keeping the fence how it is.

@oXseashellXo with Cherry Fairy

Notes:
    Your house looks like a fairy castle, it’s stunning. I love that the fairy garden is in the front of the home rather than creating it in the back yard. The terrain choice for the pathway looks really great and you used it really well without overdoing it. The stone benches, statues, fountains, and pillars are all placed nicely and go really well with this week’s theme. I love your landscaping. You did such a great job with combining so many different plants, textures, and colors while keeping everything cohesive and neat. The rounded stone fencing on the front patio area looks really nice and creative. The bunny statue is a really cute addition and detail to that area. I love the mixture of the stone and shingles on the exterior of the home. The windows are all great and are placed very nicely. The roofs are nicely designed and perfect for the theme. The shape of your home is unique and creative. On the first floor, I love that you used multiple different wall textures and colors and still managed to make it flow beautifully. The stone in the kitchen looks really nice and I love the cute items placed on top of the cabinets, that’s so creative. The office nook is well designed and laid out nicely. I adore the vanity section on the second floor. The rose petals on the floor under the chair makes the room seem very playful and romantic. I love the master bathroom’s shelving with the bath towels under it, very nice detail. The fireplace looks awesome in the bedroom, especially with the stone behind it. Overall, great job!

Criticism:
    Since you added a fireplace on the second floor, I think adding a chimney on the roof above where you placed the fireplace would really enhance your build. Not only does it make it more realistic, but it also adds charm to your home. I think everything is beautifully decorated, but I think some rooms got more attention that others with detail and decor. For example, the vanity room, everything is placed nicely but perhaps adding more to the walls would make it feel more cozy. Possibly shelving, a large wall lamp, or even a picture. Same for the first floor’s bathroom and the nook where the corner bench is to the right of the bathroom.

WINNER:
    VGo8AOs.jpg

1ST RUNNER UP:
    v4Rho78.jpg

2ND RUNNER UP:
    Uk7aXSV.jpg
    Congratulations to the winners!

EXPERIENCED:

Winner: @carolynrosser
    1st runner up: @coolsim9999999
    2nd runner up: @Paigeotto

ADVANCED:

Winner: @zathyra
    1st runner up: @oXseashellXo
    2nd runner up: @kilra0
    Congratulations on winning the Experienced Level ! @carolynrosser :) Congratulations on placing! @coolsim9999999 and @Paigeotto
    Congratulations on winning the Advanced Level ! @zathyra :) Congratulations on placing! @oXseashellXo and @kilra0
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    Congrats @carolynrosser & @zathyra and also on placing @coolsim9999999, @Paigeotto & @oXseashellXo

Thank you @JosieAnglin for the feedback!
  • liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    Seems like a fun new challenge, i will start tonight! :)
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    edited November 2017
    Challenge Number:3
    Origin ID:Kilra0
    Entry Level:advanced?
    Gallery Name Of Build:Bath Tropical Hut
    Gallery Link: here
    Would You Like Criticism: yes
    Additional Notes: I tried to keep it as tiny as possible because of the lot sizes

tumblr_oztfp12THh1w3ih4xo1_1280.png
    tumblr_oztfp12THh1w3ih4xo2_1280.png
    tumblr_oztfp12THh1w3ih4xo3_1280.png
    tumblr_oztfp12THh1w3ih4xo4_1280.png
    The furnishing of Bath Tropical Hut looks very nice! @kilra0 :) Very nice layout of the build! The shower nook area looks great! The fishing net, ship wheel and ship are great touches on the wall, and the butterflies look very pretty on the edges of the port hole shaped window! The coloured flower floor prints are nice touches on the floor.The strings of lights and the tropical flowers on the walls and in vases on the floor look so very pretty and nice! Very nice open windows bath tub nook! Sims will enjoy bathing there with sunshine coming in onto them. The flower petals are a nice touch on the ground there, The sink nook is very nice. The flower wall mirror, flowers and wall tiling looks vey nice.
    It is a very tropically nice bathroom! :)
    @kilra0 thanks for submitting in this week's challenge!
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    Challenge Number: 4
    Origin ID: Xraygrl2004
    Entry Level: Experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Warm Coastal Bath
    Gallery Link: h.ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C25835D4CF9411E7815E05A57EEC9667
    Would You Like Criticism: yes please
    [IMG]h.ttp://i66.tinypic.com/2zh13fb.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]h.ttp://i63.tinypic.com/6j1qpf.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]h.ttp://i64.tinypic.com/34fd1qx.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]h.ttp://i67.tinypic.com/2k4p47.jpg[/IMG]
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • PaigeottoPaigeotto Posts: 127 Member
    Thanks everyone! And that you @JosieAnglin ! I know a lot of it is bare.. I was very disappointed I wasn’t able to do more. Last day of the challenge and my laptop started over heating and the sims was just super unplayable at that point so I just entered what I had. I appreciate your feedback!! Hopefully I’ll be able to find more time for future challenges!!
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • PaigeottoPaigeotto Posts: 127 Member
    Thank you, @rosemow for your feedback! Glad you enjoyed my build!
    1f4bGKv.jpg
    edited November 2017
    Challenge Number: 4
    Origin ID: Xraygrl2004
    Entry Level: Experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Warm Coastal Bath
    Gallery Link: h.ttps://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C25835D4CF9411E7815E05A57EEC9667
    Would You Like Criticism: yes please
    2zh13fb.jpg
    6j1qpf.jpg
    34fd1qx.jpg
    2k4p47.jpg

Thanks for entering in this weeks challenge!
  • carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Wow, thanks so much, @JosieAnglin! I'm so excited! :smile: And thank you for the congratulations, @rosemow and @kilra0!

Congratulations to @zathyra, and to @coolsim9999999, @Paigeotto, @oXseashellXo and @kilra0!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    Thank you for posting my pics @JosieAnglin! I should be able to post my own soon!
    Rke3QSo.jpg
    Warm Coastal Bath is a very nice bathroom! @xraygrl2004 :) The colour scheme of the room looks very nice. The yellow circular, patterned and semi circle floor rugs are nice touches in the room. Very nice sink nook! It looks great how the counters have been placed there! The beauty products, tissues, tissues and toiletries are nice home touches on the counter, and the medicine wall cabinet looks great there . The butterflies picture is pretty for Sims to see when using the sink. Very nice bath tub nook corner! The sun wall decor item and the ship on the shelf looks great! The golden birds is a nice touch on the shower wall. The port hole style windows are a great coastal touch.
    Sims will enjoy showering and bathing in this very nice bathroom :)
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited November 2017
    congrats! tumblr_inline_mrj6vcCDG31qz4rgp.gif@carolynrosser @coolsim9999999 @Paigeotto @zathyra @oXseashellXo @kilra0
    eta; and thank you @JosieAnglin for the comments and criticism. :)
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    Congrats @carolynrosser @coolsim9999999 @Paigeotto @zathyra @kilra0 !!

Everyone’s builds were gorgeous!

And thank you for your comments and suggestions @JosieAnglin I’m glad you liked my build :smile:
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,100 Member
    Thanks everyone for your very nice comments about my placing in the experienced level B)! Congratulations to everyone who won or placed. I'm not going to be around tomorrow because of Thanksgiving B)!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it o:)! I'm going to bed now, so that I can watch the parade when it starts at 9 a.m. ...lol :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

Thanks everyone for your very nice comments about my placing in the experienced level B)! Congratulations to everyone who won or placed. I'm not going to be around tomorrow because of Thanksgiving B)!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it o:)! I'm going to bed now, so that I can watch the parade when it starts at 9 a.m. ...lol :D!

Hello @coolsim9999999 :) Happy Thanksgiving to you also !
    I hope that you enjoy watching the parade tomorrow :) Good night !
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,100 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top