Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 babies are the best!

Comments

• ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I love the fact that we can breastfeed in Sims 4, so if I could just take that and combine it with how the Sims 2 babies were that would be amazing! We def need more babies interactions, it don't help that in Ts4 they are merely objects. :(
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, ... and leave out the other players- again. Wonderful. :(

Sorry... I let my bitterness show. Please, proceed with the Sims 4 love. :scream:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    TS2 did have the best babies. I used to love when Sims would sing babies to sleep in TS1 too.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Sims 2 babies were adorable!! <3o:) I loved being able to walk around with them, bathe them in the sink, and pass them to another person. I also loved the changing table! I do enjoy the Sims 4 Toddlers though since its so interactive but I dislike that there are no cribs, strollers, or changing tables in Sims 4. :#
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• TeoKnowsBestTeoKnowsBest Posts: 81 Member
    Yup, Sims 2 babies are the most "advanced", and even though I like Sims 4, I hate the Sims 4 babies. Too... boring.

Origin: TeoKnowsBest
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I preferred the interactions with the babies in Sims 2. it looked more realistic to me.
  • MythicBiscuitMythicBiscuit Posts: 32 Member
    I agree, the babies are the cutest, but I like the Sims 4 ones, too.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Indeed they are!!!
    I LOVE it when the parents tuck in their toddlers too.
  • Mango23Mango23 Posts: 19 Member
    Babies in The Sims 2 are great, and they definitely improved from The Sims 1. However, I do wish that you could select them, as you could do in The Sims 3, to see how their motives are doing.
  • spoopyspoopy Posts: 21 New Member
    definitely, i think sims 3 babies look straight up demonic + sims 4 babies r basically objects that do nothing ):
  • Francais411Francais411 Posts: 34 Member
    I loved the sims 2 babies, but it annoyed me so much that you couldn't control them to check on their needs, so I often just aged them up to toddler.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I loved the sims 2 babies, but it annoyed me so much that you couldn't control them to check on their needs, so I often just aged them up to toddler.

Is you study “parenting” you can check on them to see their needs. But basically I just make sure they are feed and cuddled a couple of times per day and change their diaper when needed.
  • Francais411Francais411 Posts: 34 Member
    > @Rhiannon58 said:
    > Francais411 wrote: »
    >
    > I loved the sims 2 babies, but it annoyed me so much that you couldn't control them to check on their needs, so I often just aged them up to toddler.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is you study “parenting” you can check on them to see their needs. But basically I just make sure they are feed and cuddled a couple of times per day and change their diaper when needed.

Ahh, I see.
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    Years ago, Squinge made a mod that makes the babies selectable and it still works great.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Yah they really are... Sims 4 babies are a joke and they look like a cheap doll you could purchase at Wal-Mart :D
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »

Is you study “parenting” you can check on them to see their needs. But basically I just make sure they are feed and cuddled a couple of times per day and change their diaper when needed.

Didn't realise you could check babies needs if you studied parenting, will have to try that. :)
    I think Sims 2 has the best of everything! I don't care about the graphics being out dated either. The Sims had more personality, more quirky moments and plenty of fun times. I played for the first time in years last week and laughed the whole time and really enjoyed myself. I played for almost 10 hours without realizing it! Now that is when I know I have an awesome game!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    After playing the Sims I still remember the first baby "born" to my sim when 2 came out. It actually made me all teary. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    I get super excited when a mom goes into labor. I grab my baby names list and get ready to pick a name. I’ve had twins once and that had me dancing in my seat. I love the cute close up of their faces so you can see their eyes.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I get super excited when a mom goes into labor. I grab my baby names list and get ready to pick a name. I’ve had twins once and that had me dancing in my seat. I love the cute close up of their faces so you can see their eyes.

You've only had twins ONCE!? I've got two sets in a neighborhood with approximately 25 playables in just the last nine months, and I play slow. XD
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]

You've only had twins ONCE!? I've got two sets in a neighborhood with approximately 25 playables in just the last nine months, and I play slow. XD

I should have said that I started with only six families in my own custome neighborhood. And I only play for a few hours MOST weekends.
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

I should have said that I started with only six families in my own custome neighborhood. And I only play for a few hours MOST weekends.

I'm doing a BACC, so I started with four families about this time last year. (I've gotten them through almost a sim year.) The second pregnancy in the neighborhood was twins. (I'm not as surprised about the family sim who just had twins, because she had the perk. :) )
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • slothoidslothoid Posts: 6 New Member
    I've never played Sims 2 but this is definitely making me consider installing a mod I saw the other day that (I'm assuming) replaces the normal TS3 babies with TS2 ones! :p
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    slothoid wrote: »
    I've never played Sims 2 but this is definitely making me consider installing a mod I saw the other day that (I'm assuming) replaces the normal TS3 babies with TS2 ones! :p

Whaaaaat!? That would be great! Even though I did love my TS3 babies, they we're always very yuck to look at.

TS2 babies are the best. And if mods make them even more adorable!