Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 babies are the best!

ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
Anyone else think so too?

Comments

• Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I agree! best babies in the series.
  • Options
    I love all of the Sims games but the Sims 3 babies looked like burritos lol, and the Sims 4 babies are objects.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Yes I agree, Sims 2 definitely had the best babies. I love bathing them and letting them play on the play mat. :blush:
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Don’t remember them
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yes- They're great. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Don’t remember them

Well you should they're the coolest ever XD
  • Options
    BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Sims 2 babies are definitely the best. The alien babies are adorable. <3
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    They are clearly the best ever!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I do kinda wish I could wrap them up since they might get cold but then they would look like TS3 burritos. I didn't know you could bath babies? How could I have missed that?
  • Options
    I do kinda wish I could wrap them up since they might get cold but then they would look like TS3 burritos. I didn't know you could bath babies? How could I have missed that?

I don't mind swaddling them, I just wish it wasn't permanent like in ts3, and yup you can bathe the babies in the sink. <3
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I love the babies, but I also sort of wish they were a quicker life stage. Compared to the toddlers, they take far too long - children born three days apart barely get to be toddlers together, and realistically they should be 9 months to a year apart in age...
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    I agree... i loved that you so clearly could see what eye colour they got... they were like a person right from birth.
    Do wish we could've given them blankets or something.
    HV83B28.png
  • Options

You can put clothing on them....with a mod. :D Or there is just a default outfit also. They just replace the diaper with a outfit, but you can't change the clothes, you can only have one outfit for all babies. With the mod you can have all kinds of outfits! Yes you can bathe them, just click on a sink. :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I like them! I didn't get the play mat or the swing when it was out but even though I have the UC I like the babies!
  • Options
    On this family I started recently the patriarch and matriarch both died of old age, they had two sons, one son married a wife and has a daughter right now, the other son married a husband and they adopted a baby.
  • Options
    I like them! I didn't get the play mat or the swing when it was out but even though I have the UC I like the babies!

You can still get them now. I can't link though, they consider that naughty. :D Shouldn't be hard to find, several places have them.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »

You can still get them now. I can't link though, they consider that naughty. :D Shouldn't be hard to find, several places have them.

I had found them, but when I downloaded it, it almost gave my husband's pc a virus (even though it looked legit) so I didn't keep it in game.
  • Options
    I need to look into the swing and playpad thingy.
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »

I had found them, but when I downloaded it, it almost gave my husband's pc a virus (even though it looked legit) so I didn't keep it in game.

Wow. Wonder where that was. I can tell you I have seen these things on about 5 different sites. So if you know which site you used before just avoid that one.
  • Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I've been saying this all along. I love Sims 2 babies. They're adorable. I just wish you could do more with them and the toddlers. Toddlers can't even interact with one another, but I hear they finally get an interaction in Apartment Life.
  • Options
    I've been saying this all along. I love Sims 2 babies. They're adorable. I just wish you could do more with them and the toddlers. Toddlers can't even interact with one another, but I hear they finally get an interaction in Apartment Life.

They'll interact with each other - chat- while playing with the toy box and doll house. It's base game- iirc. :)
  • Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I mean you can't click directly on another toddler and make them talk, play, hug.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    In my game they can hug each other ... but i have the UC so it must be the interaction from Apartment you are talking about.

Anyway, i love sims 2 baby, even if i prefer sims 4 toddler. At least, in 2 when you have a baby you can see their hair color and eyes color. I just whist that we had a rocking chair like in 3, it was soo cute (and also that the toddler sage last longer ) .
  • Options
    And they interact with the table ... can't remember what it's called right now. Toddlers and children can both use it- skilling and building relationships. :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited October 2017
    Yes, I agree. While I enjoy the numerous interactions we have with the 'little more than a burrito' baby in Sims4, the fact that the child is flat out stuck in bed is a real drawback. I find myself more anxious to age them up to toddler. At least, I'm no longer neglecting the wee one, as I shamefully did in Sims3. Those babies were flat out boring. I only tended to their needs. I was never like that in Sims2. :/

Now, if they would only give us the Sims2 baby combined with the Sims4 toddlers, can you imagine what Sims5 could be? Of course, we'd have to have Parenthood included. Those of us who enjoy family play would be simply over the moon.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/