Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars!

estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
Did anyone else saw the cars in the vet stream?

Maybe in future expansions?

here's the stream forward to 57:31:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zukoPV6KGfQ
Post edited by estella_dee on

Comments

• GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    I didn’t but cars seem an inevitability. With hope they are introduced in a free patch as we already have cars as general scenery. It would be nice to have them back in this latest generation of sims, I do miss the mini vans
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    What do you mean cars in the vet stream? Like cars driving down the road? We already have those, just not ones we can use.
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    I didn’t but cars seem an inevitability. With hope they are introduced in a free patch as we already have cars as general scenery. It would be nice to have them back in this latest generation of sims, I do miss the mini vans

As far as I can remember, I saw the car displays as one of the sim guru's sim was leaving the vet clinic (the one where he took his dog to someone else's clinic). Cars aren't really my thing. But they do look nice and makes sense too, I miss building houses and lots with a garage.
    Rae357 wrote: »
    What do you mean cars in the vet stream? Like cars driving down the road? We already have those, just not ones we can use.

No, no. Not the cars driving... They were parked. I don't think they were the toys in game. Maybe new toys, but well... I just thought, most premade lots in the sims don't have cars in them. So maybe they will add them soon? Maybe?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They blew up some toy cars (note they all looked alike except for color) sitting in what might be a parking lot. I, personally, I don't think it means anything. But, since we are destined to crank up the good old hype train, I'll say it might, might, mean that there might be a parking square for our toy cars.
  • ValxoValxo Posts: 56 Member
    Someone posted an image of the cars on another post. Its in the expansion pack discussion called "CATS & DOGS SIMGURU/MAXIS-SOURCED INFO", on page 23.
  • ValxoValxo Posts: 56 Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > They blew up some toy cars (note they all looked alike except for color) sitting in what might be a parking lot. I, personally, I don't think it means anything. But, since we are destined to crank up the good old hype train, I'll say it might, might, mean that there might be a parking square for our toy cars.

Actually the cars look totally different from the existing toy cars. So either they made new toy cars and blew them up, or they are giving us real cars.
    edited October 2017
    Valxo wrote: »
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > They blew up some toy cars (note they all looked alike except for color) sitting in what might be a parking lot. I, personally, I don't think it means anything. But, since we are destined to crank up the good old hype train, I'll say it might, might, mean that there might be a parking square for our toy cars.

Actually the cars look totally different from the existing toy cars. So either they made new toy cars and blew them up, or they are giving us real cars.

Yeah, I double checked, they do look different so it's, as you say, it's either we're getting cars soon or those are just new toys. Not to hype anyone, but I am leaning towards we're getting real cars soon, because I have not seen any world with car decors or them blowing up the cars. That and the fact that the cars that ARE driving around BB looked the same on those that were parked. Of course, there is a possibility that those things are just there for display and not some clue for what's to come. >.<'
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited October 2017
    well they do make things the community screams for, so i wouldn't doubt it. (toddlers, pools) etc.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What ever it is, everyone ask during the L.S. for them to explain what it means.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member

No, no. Not the cars driving... They were parked. I don't think they were the toys in game. Maybe new toys, but well... I just thought, most premade lots in the sims don't have cars in them. So maybe they will add them soon? Maybe?

I looked at the image someone mentioned above and those are ones already in game. I actually saw one driving in the city the other day.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited October 2017

Lots of cars with what looks like parking spaces around them. Someone brung this to my attention on twitter today.

Maybe this is a subtle hint of what the next Gamepack will be. Cars were mentioned in a survey along with a new mechanic career.

Lots of cars with what looks like parking spaces around them. Someone brung this to my attention on twitter today.

Maybe this is a subtle hint of what the next Gamepack will be. Cars were mentioned in a survey along with a new mechanic career.

This I am excited. It would be cool to have this new career introduced to the game. :D
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    I hope we get cars eventually... even though I will have to redesign every single house I've built to make room for driveways. :D
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member

Also remember a couple of months ago, one of the sim gurus asked the community what sort of gameplay/features we’d like to have with cars. Here’s hoping.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    taydev wrote: »

Also remember a couple of months ago, one of the sim gurus asked the community what sort of gameplay/features we’d like to have with cars. Here’s hoping.

Yes I remember.
  • SirahFinSirahFin Posts: 20 Member
    Those parked cars look like TS3 ones. If you look at the pictures of them it looks like two Bwan Speedsters and two Big Lemons. I think Bwans even had orange presets.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

As far as I can remember, I saw the car displays as one of the sim guru's sim was leaving the vet clinic (the one where he took his dog to someone else's clinic). Cars aren't really my thing. But they do look nice and makes sense too, I miss building houses and lots with a garage.

I miss the garage as well, cars was in CL as well.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Some of the visuals in Sims 4 are just illusions to give an false sense of life in Sims.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • YvinatorEliteYvinatorElite Posts: 97 Member
    Can someone explain to me how they see cars working in The Sims 4? I keep seeing everyone asking about cars, but to me it seems like cars would't fit in The Sims 4 world wit hso many lots not being attached to a road. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have cars in the game, but I wouldn't miss them if we never got them. Honestly curious to hear what you guys think! :)
  • TonTon Posts: 9 New Member
    Would be nice to have cars in Sims 4 since we have had cars in the previous Sims like Sims 2 and even 3. It just makes the game so much more life like and like Sims 2 they would actually open the doors to get in the car and the car would pull out of the driveways. Lets hope they can bring this back to the Sims 4.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, they look like parked cars. They might be part of the world's backdrop, but as far as I'm concerned, this is the first time a world has ever included parked cars. Oftentimes it's just BG cars driving along the nonfunctional roads. So I hope this means we'll get them soon, maybe next year. I don't care if they're useless since our sims can walk anywhere; I want them for the immersion. And we already have garage doors in the game, so why not? :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't want cars in the game. I feel like it would mess up my historical saves.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    The first time I've ever had any interest in cars for Sims 4 was a minor peak of curiosity at a mechanic career. I wouldn't mind that, seems interesting.

That said, I have zero to negative interest in cars. I can't see them as being of any use in Sims 4. Sometimes sims will run a long way if you click the button to send them home, but you can just as easily use the travel option in the phone to just go right home.

But, I actively dislike (read: hate) cars in general. Public transit all the way for me, and I'm happy to have my sims not use cars.

It might be an interesting feature to round out the world and it'd be neat to have a sim be a mechanic, but I'm very good without.
    a63ftuN.png
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, they look like parked cars. They might be part of the world's backdrop, but as far as I'm concerned, this is the first time a world has ever included parked cars. Oftentimes it's just BG cars driving along the nonfunctional roads. So I hope this means we'll get them soon, maybe next year. I don't care if they're useless since our sims can walk anywhere; I want them for the immersion. And we already have garage doors in the game, so why not? :D

If you look around the Spice District in San Myshuno, you'll see loads of parked cars and vans. I don't think this is even vaguely a hint at cars. :persevere:

If they were new models of cars, and not just the standard base game cars that can be found in any of the worlds, then maybe that could be considered a hint!