Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I saw SimsVIP's photo of Brindleton Bay, wonder what those icons represent?

I saw a what looks like a ship's wheel, fish and I'm guessing the icon near the lighthouse means it will be like Von Haunt Estate:not allowed for editing. Also I saw a shell....does that imply a beach I wonder?

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Katzc wrote: »
    I saw a what looks like a ship's wheel, fish and I'm guessing the icon near the lighthouse means it will be like Von Haunt Estate:not allowed for editing. Also I saw a shell....does that imply a beach I wonder?
    I was curious about those things too.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I’m pretty sure it’s just neighborhood names. San Myshuno has them.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I think neighborhood names are something new they are doing. Not sure why.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Yeah as others have said I'm pretty sure they're just the 4 different neighbourhoods. The ones in San Mayshuno had unique qualities to them so maybe these ones do too? That would be a nice touch to make them distinct rather than just separate areas for no reason.
    I'm curious about that but in the middle. It's a big space with no lot but looks like it's a forest-y area. I wonder if they're attempting to make world's feel more open world with the addition of bigger spaces between lots where sims can go without loading screens....
    I can't wait until next week to learn more
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I think different neighborhoods too since CL had them as well. They don't mean too much as far as gameplay, just a design feature on maps. Who knows, maybe there will be events Sims will be invited to?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I like the neighborhood names! Makes it feel more like a place you are visiting somehow, like a destination guide in a city you visit for the first time! Or an amusement park :blush:
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like the neighborhood names! Makes it feel more like a place you are visiting somehow, like a destination guide in a city you visit for the first time! Or an amusement park :blush:

What are the names?
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

What are the names?

we don't know yet, I believe
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited October 2017
    @simgurugrant Can you give us the names of the neighborhoods now or are they some super secret until next week?

Based on the symbols, I'm going to guess

Fisherman's Wharf
    Pet Paradiso
    Shell Shores
    Captain Ahab's Island

Edit: One of these is Sable Square, I'm guessing the one with the Cat/Dog symbol. It looks like a square with all the brick walking paths.
    Post edited by Dannydanbo on
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Aren't they like those things we have in San myshuno?
    giphy_1.gif
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    It would be cool if neighbourhood icons were incorporated into the other worlds.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    DatLlama wrote: »
    It would be cool if neighbourhood icons were incorporated into the other worlds.

That would be lovely! It gives the world an extra level of detail and added backstory.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    DatLlama wrote: »

That would be lovely! It gives the world an extra level of detail and added backstory.

Plus the different neighborhoods already have internal names so it wouldn't be too hard to implement.