March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing issues

ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
The game has becom very unstable on my iPad Air 2 since the last update one or two weeks ago. I got an answer from the Firemonkeys support that told me to close all other apps while I am playing and maybe even reinstall the game. But the problem still is there.

The answer also told me to uninstall other apps to free up space on my device. But I still have about 20 gb free out of the 128 gb on my device and I think that 20 gb free should be much more than needed for this game :)

I was also told that the problem could be caused by assets which weren't downloaded correctly (which was the reason why a reinstall of the game maybe could help). But I don't think so because the problem isn't there all the time. Sometimes it is gone for one or two days. But then it returns. This indicates to me that the problem maybe can have something to do with an overloaded game server instead?

What happens is that the game starts crashing under the startup. Sometimes the problem is solved after just restarting the game one or two times. But sometimes this isn't enough. Then after about 5 attempts to start the game up it suddenly works. But after that many attempts the game usually resets itself in the sense that all tasks are dropped by my sims and all the sims who were sent to work are suddenly back home. They are still wearing the their clothes for work though and they can't usually be sent back to work because "they have already worked today" even though they haven't. (I have 34 sims in the game.)

I don't believe that the problem is at my iPad Air 2 at all because I play many other big games that don't have any problems at all and also as mentioned the problem isn't there all the time. So I believe that the problem is on the game server. Does anybody else have the same problem (and especially on iOS devices)?

Comments

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    It happens to me as well, but it isn't every day. I play on three different devices, a Kindle Fire, an iPad Mini and an android tablet. It tends to happen more frequently on my android tablet, although it does happen occasionally on all three. I saw on Twitter a couple weeks ago that they released an update that they thought would fix the crashing on android, and honestly I can't remember if I've had any crashing since then. It never was a constant problem, but it was getting annoying. I think most of my crashes happened while I was watching ads.

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    For me it mostly happens under the startup such that I can't get into the game at all. But it also happened a couple of times when I was watching adds. I read somewhere that it should happen mostly when we visit a neighbor's town. But I haven't experienced that.

I have played the game a couple of years and I earlier played it on my Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet too. But the game never crashed until a month ago. So it seems to me that the most recent updates is the reason why it now crashes om my iPad all the time. I think I will stop playing this game at all until the problem is fixed because I play other games too and they never crash.

I won't start playing it again on my android tablet because I lost all my Google+ friends when they stopped the support of this feature and I don't have any Facebook friends to visit because I usually avoid them for all my gaming.
  • ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    The game has becom very unstable on my iPad Air 2 since the last update one or two weeks ago. I got an answer from the Firemonkeys support that told me to close all other apps while I am playing and maybe even reinstall the game. But the problem still is there.

The answer also told me to uninstall other apps to free up space on my device. But I still have about 20 gb free out of the 128 gb on my device and I think that 20 gb free should be much more than needed for this game :)

I was also told that the problem could be caused by assets which weren't downloaded correctly (which was the reason why a reinstall of the game maybe could help). But I don't think so because the problem isn't there all the time. Sometimes it is gone for one or two days. But then it returns. This indicates to me that the problem maybe can have something to do with an overloaded game server instead?

What happens is that the game starts crashing under the startup. Sometimes the problem is solved after just restarting the game one or two times. But sometimes this isn't enough. Then after about 5 attempts to start the game up it suddenly works. But after that many attempts the game usually resets itself in the sense that all tasks are dropped by my sims and all the sims who were sent to work are suddenly back home. They are still wearing the their clothes for work though and they can't usually be sent back to work because "they have already worked today" even though they haven't. (I have 34 sims in the game.)

I don't believe that the problem is at my iPad Air 2 at all because I play many other big games that don't have any problems at all and also as mentioned the problem isn't there all the time. So I believe that the problem is on the game server. Does anybody else have the same problem (and especially on iOS devices)?

Same Here @Erpe I still use the iPhone 6 plus, and I went all the way to level 27 before my game crashed....I can't even get in the game at all, it loads then it shuts off....Mostly all the websites that tell you how to fix it is telling you to do pretty much the same thing...and I did everything. but I did notice when I deleted the game then downloaded it again it played when I started a new game, but when I loaded into my level 27 saved game it shut down again and I couldn't get back in the game no matter how many time l clicked to open it and closed it and reopened...restarting my phone didn't work and I couldn't find nothing on the search engine or YouTube with anyone with solutions...I just paid off my iPhone 6 yesterday so I figured what if I upgrade to the iPhone x then the game might work on a new system...then I read a review on the iPhone x and found they might be releasing the iPhone 11 by the end of the year for a cheaper price...but all my other apps work fine on my iPhone 6, I'm gone miss it but I'm gone have to say goodbye to the sims mobile..I'm just glad I didn't sink no cash into the game that would have been hard, so it's easy for me to walk away from the game...but if an update make it work again I'm all for it...I'm just sad they made this a strictly mobile game without having it available to play on Facebook since you can save the game to your Facebook account, at least that way I could have ditched the mobile and played on my desktop/laptop....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

Same Here @Erpe I still use the iPhone 6 plus, and I went all the way to level 27 before my game crashed....I can't even get in the game at all, it loads then it shuts off....Mostly all the websites that tell you how to fix it is telling you to do pretty much the same thing...and I did everything. but I did notice when I deleted the game then downloaded it again it played when I started a new game, but when I loaded into my level 27 saved game it shut down again and I couldn't get back in the game no matter how many time l clicked to open it and closed it and reopened...restarting my phone didn't work and I couldn't find nothing on the search engine or YouTube with anyone with solutions...I just paid off my iPhone 6 yesterday so I figured what if I upgrade to the iPhone x then the game might work on a new system...then I read a review on the iPhone x and found they might be releasing the iPhone 11 by the end of the year for a cheaper price...but all my other apps work fine on my iPhone 6, I'm gone miss it but I'm gone have to say goodbye to the sims mobile..I'm just glad I didn't sink no cash into the game that would have been hard, so it's easy for me to walk away from the game...but if an update make it work again I'm all for it...I'm just sad they made this a strictly mobile game without having it available to play on Facebook since you can save the game to your Facebook account, at least that way I could have ditched the mobile and played on my desktop/laptop....
    You need to contact the support. See https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-FreePlay/INFORMATION-The-Sims-FreePlay-Support/td-p/1877383
  • EquineHuntEquineHunt Posts: 1 New Member
    The same thing has been happening to me on both my iPad Mini and my iPhone 6S+. It usually happens when I try to switch b/w Sims or when I try to go back to FreePlay after having hit the device’s home button (i.e. not actually closing out of FreePlay). It happens on both devices just as frequently. And it happens whether or not FreePlay is the only app open. EA/Origin, please help!