Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are we able to pose our dogs & cats?

I use posing for my story telling, but has anyone had clarification on this from Guru's??? I'm super worried right now considering the fact they're not controllable, I completely forgot...... about posing :\\\

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2017
    If there are pose players for sims, there's no reason there won't be for pets too.

Likely the only difference will be that it's not a self-interaction. Other options include tying the command to the sim owners, or an object that can be placed in the world.

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited October 2017
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    If there are pose players for sims, there's no reason their won't be for pets too.

Likely the only difference will be that it's not a self-interaction. Other options include tying the command to the sim owners, or an object that can be placed in the world.

Ohh okay, I tested that out and realized that's right.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2017
    But if it's tied to an object it could go something like this instead:
    1. Buy pose object > Place in world (something simple like a ball that works for cats and dogs)
    2. Click pose object > Pet to pose: [Pet Name] > Pose prop?: Yes > Prop: Pet bed > Pose: On back, legs up, eyes open
    3. Pet walks/teles to prop and poses
    4. Take screens
    5. Release pet from pose and continue play

I don't mod, but I think pose players in earlier sim games sometimes used objects as a UI, the way PCs can be used to access the UI with MCCC.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I use posing for my story telling, but has anyone had clarification on this from Guru's??? I'm super worried right now considering the fact they're not controllable, I completely forgot...... about posing :\\\

Only in Create Pet I believe.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    The teleport sim object can summon unplayable sims I believe so it can probably summon pets if it's updated and then you can have a sim selected click on the pet and use pose player to pose the pet if you get some cc poses for pets.

So I'm pretty sure it's possible but we won't know until it comes out.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr