Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2019 should be the year of University

2018 is for Seasons y'all
Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

Comments

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I love your signature and pfp omg!!!!!!!!
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member

Ooohhh you a fan? :D

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member

Ooohhh you a fan? :D

Already know!
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Loooooong wait
    21mbz47.jpg
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Seasons really needs to come next year! And hopefully next year we have 2 expansions, It's not impossible as they did it before in 2015!
    Seasons really needs to come next year! And hopefully next year we have 2 expansions, It's not impossible as they did it before in 2015!

Truth.
    I'm kind of lowkey hoping Seasons is released on April or something and University on November/December

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I doubt Seasons in April. I think it must be more wise to throw Seasons in November & University in April.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member

I'm really hoping for seasons to be the next expansion after Cats and Dogs as well. Seasons would add a whole new level of atmosphere to gameplay, and atmosphere is so important and exciting! I love winter!!!
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited October 2017

True, but the expansions came out at opposites ends of the year, it still takes a year to develop an EP so if we were to get 2 expansions in one year again, then we wouldn't have an expansion the preceding year e.g there's no way we could have an expansion November 2017, and then another expansion 4 months later in March 2018 followed by a third expansion in November 2018.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    To be honest, I would prefer seasons, however I am fine with either pack, because I love hem both (at least have in previous sims games).
    edited October 2017
    I’m thinking university could be a GP... but that might be too hopeful.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • ValxoValxo Posts: 56 Member
    It would be awesome if we got seasons in the spring and university in the fall!
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I really want Seasons first then University, I can't see waiting until 2019 though...
  • Vee_SamVee_Sam Posts: 54 Member
    I always wanted a university game pack until I got to university :(
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I've got the unpopular opinion but i want it to be uni then seasons
    tenor.gif
    giphy_1.gif
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I've got the unpopular opinion but i want it to be uni then seasons
    tenor.gif

I also want this to happen, but I think seasons needs to happen first.

rjssim wrote: »

I'm really hoping for seasons to be the next expansion after Cats and Dogs as well. Seasons would add a whole new level of atmosphere to gameplay, and atmosphere is so important and exciting! I love winter!!!

I never really got the chance to experience all seasons other than summer and rainy days and a dry climate, so seasons is a nice addition for my "wanting-to-experience-snow-and-autumn" :joy:

Orchid13 wrote: »
    Loooooong wait

Urgh indeed

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    2019 should be the year of TS5 unless you want to still cling onto a seriously dated looking game that is still missing base game features :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited October 2017
    This 1 ep a year setup really blows :neutral:
    edited October 2017

Maybe seasons, uni or superstars can turn into a GP. They have sort of done that with Vampires. I can’t think of any other ways for developers to almost add all the content from previous games otherwise.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Maybe seasons, uni or superstars can turn into a GP. They have sort of done that with Vampires. I can’t think of any other ways for developers to almost add all the content from previous games otherwise.

I dont know if seasons could be a gamepack? Would be cool if one of the bigger themes comes in a gp.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017
    What exactly is the point of TS4 Sims going to college? they do everything over the internet in this game and I can't really think of any careers that would require a degree they can't get on their handy dandy pc and so don't need an actual university building/world. If you think about it I don't know of many more careers since they are already doctors, (other than lawyer etc) police chief, astronauts, game designers, etc. Those careers seem like they might have needed a degree..but what do I know. Maybe game design doesn't these days, but it might help to get some sort of educaton about it before you start to design games, then again look at apps(and their creators),...maybe not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • applehartapplehart Posts: 83 Member
    Well, university often adds a boost so that they are several levels ahead when they begin. Also, maybe like ts2, they might have other benefits, like an extra "whim" slot. I'm sure they could think of other careers. They need an education career, for one. They could do law and architecture.
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member

True, but the expansions came out at opposites ends of the year, it still takes a year to develop an EP so if we were to get 2 expansions in one year again, then we wouldn't have an expansion the preceding year e.g there's no way we could have an expansion November 2017, and then another expansion 4 months later in March 2018 followed by a third expansion in November 2018.

I don't know. They've probably been working on Seasons forever so there is a small chance we could see it sooner than a year. I feel like they don't always follow their own rules. EXAMPLE: Toddlers aren't coming. We can't show free objects before they're released (new roofs).

I know it's doubtful but don't give up ALL hope just yet.