Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sunset Valley Story!

RexySimmerRexySimmer Posts: 171 Member
Hi Simmers!

I know Sunset Valley seems like a thing of the past now but really the options of what to do with it are never ending!
I loved this world especially Agnes Crumplebottom in her lovely modern house and spooky ghostly husband,
Use this thread however you think, for example:

1. How are the premades doing? Is Agnes Crumplebottom remarried? Are Mortimer and Bella Teens
2. What have you built recently? There are some great builders out their!
3. Anything else you think we should hear!

Thanks! Happy Simming!!
Post edited by RexySimmer on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @RexySimmer - I'm going to guess that you meant to post this on the TS4 section of the forum? This is TS3. We'd be happy to talk about Sunset Valley that way, though. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • RexySimmerRexySimmer Posts: 171 Member
    @igazor Whoops!

Instead of doing the sensible thing I changed the whole thread from Newcrest to Sunset Valley :) The Sims 3 needs some new attention!

Happy Simming!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    LOL I like what you did with this thread :)

I've actually just spent some time in the last months on and off making SV over. On some of the fishing lots where there are large lakes, I've added an all in one bathroom, disguised of course, so that my sims can go "camping" for a couple of days. They take their own sleeping bags, or tents.
    I made over a lot of the buildings, since SV seems a little bit dated, and with the added packs we got over the years, we have a lot of wall coverings and floorings, fencings and such that are a lot nicer than the basic vanilla ones that came with the original game.

I seem to build more than actually play in it :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I'd love to tell you how my Sunset is going but it would take forever, suffice it to say life is complicated for several of the townies. ;)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I am a lazy simmer and don't build or refurbish. I just want to get down to the business of raising big families in big houses that aren't decorated well because that would take time. I do, however, love Sunset Valley because I know it like the back of my hand right down to the locations of all the spawners. The most I do is add a couple of fun venues and an extra school or two.

As for the townies, they rarely make it into my saves. There are a couple of exceptions but they are heavily tweaked. I prefer to populate my own saves.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I've only really ever played in Sunset Valley apart from short holidays in other worlds. By the time I got StoryProgression the premades were long gone, and probably died childless. It's been 7 years I've been playing there so I wish I could remember what happened to everybody.

I want to slowly make over the town but it's such a huge project. I'm hugely impressed with those that have done because if it's done right it really makes the town more modern and realistic. I have done such things as added a resort along the beach and updated the community pool, as well as adding cafes, clubs and venues. In time I think having a small apartment block next to the park would be nice.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got two versions made from CAW with one actually being named Gibsons and the other is Sunset Valley2 which both look like great towns though none came populated.I might port a few of the SV premades in as residents of that town though they wouldn't keep the old storylines.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    T1Y5Ner.jpg
    How Morgana Wolff became a house maid

After Jamie fired her from the hospital, Thornton threatens to throw her out with no money, to start a new life. The thought of being forced to live in some back alley inside of a refrigerator box soddenly enters her mind, and Morgana begs Thornton to reconsider. But it'll come at a terrible price -

sG2LLGT.jpg
    "Can't we work things out?"
    lup7wPR.jpg
    Thornton gives Morgana the only options -
    VfczN1J.jpg
    "Do the house chores or leave!"
    5eB4C6F.jpg
    "Oh, Thornton! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!"
    E8YIKUh.jpg
    "NOO!! Don't hug me!"

Looks like Jamie is moving in! Guess that makes her your boss... again!

rKQBwQd.jpg
    -A face that says "Hi Morgana! Look What I GOT!"-
    txima8Y.jpg
    :(
    JOcegvL.jpg
    This is just the START of Morgana's misery!

To be continued...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    ... continuing...

BARMIGx.jpg
    While everyone's away at work, Morgana gets to work cleaning house.
    d0TwkWk.jpg
    "Awww c'mon! Someone did THAT on purpose!"
    oeB3NHF.jpg
    Thornton's a perfectionist, so make sure you get under the rim!
    R2psgox.jpg
    To try and make friends with Jamie, Morgana cooks up hot dogs - Jamie's favorite!
    s1SGfIf.jpg
    At least Jamie's happy now! Morgana needs to level up in cooking to make Lobster Thermador - Thornton's favorite.
    4dV7DvH.jpg
    Almost as fast as they came to eat, Thornton and Jamie leave. Someone must do the dishes. Guess who that lucky person is!
    Ed3teIx.jpg
    "Why didn't we buy a dishwasher, when they were on sale at Lowe's?"

I'm still playing on this game. Will Morgana be able to afford to move out? Will Jamie and Thornton get married? So much left to go...

To be continued...
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Oh Agnes, my favorite topic right now. I'm doing a prequel on her from when she was a child. See my sig for the link. :)
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    My Agnes married Gage Briody! :-O

It's spring and once it's summer again (4 game-weeks), I'll take pictures of the families to show how everyone is. In my opinion, Jared Frio is the most curious since he got 3 kids and only one is from his marriage.
    @KaikoMikkusu

Maybe... she would have to build up a relationship first, which unfortunately isn't happening fast enough for her. It was a bad choice on her part. For now, she's stuck at the house (since Thornton and Jamie have the only cars).

I may see about sneaking getting her a part-time job at the bookstore, so she can still do her maid duties. It would also give her some freedom from the house (and Jamie and Thornton)! Just hope the Taxi will be fast enough to get her there on time. :wink:

I'll have to keep close tabs on her paychecks though (since all income goes into one big "pot"). She'll need about §17,000 to get her own place, or married and move in with someone (like you said). It'll be a long (unpleasant) road, but at least she has a roof over her head... for now.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    My Agnes married Gage Briody! :-O

It's spring and once it's summer again (4 game-weeks), I'll take pictures of the families to show how everyone is. In my opinion, Jared Frio is the most curious since he got 3 kids and only one is from his marriage.

But your best child was Agnes and Connor's spawn (the beloved Colby..pardon me while I post more pictures of his gorgeousness)...Did you really expect anything different from Jared. :smiley:

Colby...

35515869440_02bab19c32_b.jpg

35765352221_5aef0e16dd_b.jpg

I actually gave Gage a makeover awhile back and married him to Claire, they seemed very happy..

• AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I'm not as veteran at the sims like others, so I still find Sunset Valley adorable and this is where my main save is concentrating (technically it's not always the same save because it get curropted every once in a while, but every new save - the story is ongoing from the same point i've left).

My population is the premades + CAS + bin families.
    Some of the premades are edited, and some I don't play much or edit since they are only for beong in the background.
    My favourite and most playable premade housholds are - Bachelor, Bunch, Alto, Frio, Clavell, Kennedy. also I play now and then with Ursine, Rommies, Workind friends, Alvi.
    Agnes for example was never an active household in my game. I prefer households with strong familt story, or (in case they are roomates) with interesting social dynamics, or with an interesting career choises... somehow Agnes' story is not appealing enough for me.

You asked about marriage so I have some weddings coming by-
    One CAS sim is going to marry Connor Frio, Bella Bachelor (which in my game is a young adult, the ages are not synchronized) is going to marry her long time boyfriend which is a CAS sim.
    I plan on Marring Ethan Bunch and Holly Alto (both currently YA) in the near future.

Other population stories - Buster Clavell recently passed away (I control aging it's very rare that I age an elder to death), Bessie will probably "go in this way" soon too, and I'm considering moving Xander to Bridgport to start a legit life/career without crime. I consider moving Claire Ursine there too, and make Jared take responsabilty on their two daugthers. I think it could be interesting to see how he copes with it.

Regardinf the building, as I said my game crashes / get curropted every few sim weeks... I never can invest too much in rebuilding the city. So I just try new things every time. I like testing CC builds, and I download them based on the needs of the story.
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    Well, in my save I started off with Jamie and Thornton having an affair which produced a boy called Matthew. Morgana also caught them, and the marriage didn't last long after that. Fiona McIrish and Molly French also got together, Cyc0n3 Sw0rd and Zelda Mae got married and had... four kids, I think? While Victoria Andrews and Buster Clavell had an affair, making a girl called Renae. Jamie later got engaged to Connor Frio, and now they have a daughter called Andrea. I moved a bunch of SV sims to a user-created town by that point though, but I still have the save from Sunset Valley, so who knows... maybe the story will continue. ;)
  • SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    I love Sunset Valley. I always play Claire. Right now, in my game, she is married to Artie Page (a townie that I found, I think he's adorable) and they have two kids. Artie used to be in the criminal career track and left it to help out Claire, who was having legal problems with Jared and needed to make it look as if she's a responsible citizen. I have her in a challenge, so she is limited on what she can do. Anyway, Artie is missing his old life and has been doing jobs for Nick Alto. This is not going to end well.

As for everyone else in town, the Goths have split and Jared is on his third wife. Connor seems to be settling well in bachelorhood. Seeing as how things are between Claire and Artie, I may have her reconnect with Connor. They were friends for a while in my game.
    @KaikoMikkusu I must admit that Susan Wainright is cute. However, she didn't have more kids in this neighborhood.

@Charlottesmom Colby I <3 In this gameplay, since Connor was with Becky, Agnes couldn't make up her mind and ended up with Gage.

--- x --- x ---

After one game-year, this is what's going on in my Sunset Valley.

37860545851_721681255d_c.jpgScreenshot-111 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

This is the McIntyre family. Ethan almost dated Agnes, but I decided to give Jamie a chance. So far, she's been behaving well and their kids Dillon and Connor look great!

24007735128_3ba76f4319_c.jpgScreenshot-112 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

Connor Frio married Becky Black (@Charlottesmom simself) and they had two children, Calvin and Colby (the II).

24007729658_40fee385b3_c.jpgScreenshot-113 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

Gobias Koffi also married a sim from a friend, Precious Forsythe, and they had a girl named Julia (which is Precious's granddaughter's name in @texansky's gameplay).

37811866366_f897db15bf_c.jpgScreenshot-114 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

Zelda Mae decided to marry Styles McGraw and they had two boys.

37829105022_b49cd5b795_c.jpgScreenshot-115 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

Holly Alto became Mrs. Langerak when she married Parker. They might have another child.

37811807146_68b6ce0182_c.jpgScreenshot-128 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

Kaylynn Langerak is still single and looks after her parents.

37150656174_ff486b31f5_c.jpgScreenshot-116 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

Martyn Keaton didn't divorce from Justine and they're having their second child now.

37829098632_27781d6ca8_c.jpgScreenshot-117 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

The Wolffs had one child and their modern home became a gym center. Their son Liam is Dillon's best friend.

37829094152_ba194095f5_c.jpgScreenshot-118 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

Agnes and Gage Briody's marriage is on the rocks. I believe she got tired of his pudding face.

37860490611_07f5719053_c.jpgScreenshot-119 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

Hank and Pauline have never gotten married but they had a son.

37860476571_1302ee8c98_c.jpgScreenshot-121 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

On the other hand, Jared Frio found love with Kim Kent. They had a child, Jasper, but he's not the only one Jared has.

24007690568_1193aa3332_c.jpgScreenshot-120 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

Claire Ursine is raising her daughter, Violet.

37811839776_d25364207e_c.jpgScreenshot-122 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

Madison VanWatson is Jared's best friend and Eliott's mother. As you can see, Jared didn't stop after Jasper. I wonder how his relationship with Kim is. Tori and Monica decided to be single and help Madison with her baby.

37811836406_4c4b0e0fbd_c.jpgScreenshot-123 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

Next to them, Tamara Donner had the same problem with Xander. Sunny and Blair help her raise her kid.

37860445521_a57859c6c7_c.jpgScreenshot-126 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

Another interesting family is the Sekemotos. Leighton and Molly got together and raised their two kids. They also had another girl.

37811813916_eab85bd5a2_c.jpgScreenshot-127 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

The Bachelors are expecting a new baby. Michael married to Bebe and they're living in his parents' house.

24007647228_27ed2219f1_c.jpgScreenshot-129 by Mark Smith, no Flickr

SP made Bella and Mortimer get together. Both Gunther and Cornelia are dead, but the couple had their first heir, Cassandra. Will there be Alexander or Alexandra in the future?

--- x --- x ---

I hope you guys enjoyed and if you want me to come back after another game-year, let me know. Once it's spring again, I'll move my family to Riverview.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited October 2017
    Kim Kent's a cutie. :)@thuggishsplicer. Did some research. Found "The House that Grant Built" and downloaded it. Hey, any extra content's great. :D

My Sunset Valley stories involving pre-mades revolve around River McIrish and my Simself.

Screenshot-18.jpg

Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @KaikoMikkusu I often play like this. I micro-manage the whole town and like to see their lives thrive.

@Nikkei_Simmer Because of your updates, I decided to have River with Milton Tong, an oriental pre-made, but they haven't gotten married! River is an adult and I think she'll have her children alone. LOL