Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Beginnings - Building Newcrest *07-11-22*

Comments

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited January 2019
    Clearly defined heirs are so 2009-now I guess ;) It feels like a more natural way to tackle large families with lots of kids close together in age anyways.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Clearly defined heirs are so 2009-now I guess ;) It feels like a more natural way to tackle large families with lots of kids close together in age anyways.
    Yes. It’s gonna be a challenge for me. I’ve not really done this before. Ami didn’t really get much screen time. But....I’m excited to give it a shot and hopefully wont go off on too many tangents!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @AudreyFld I love that we’ll be seeing all three! I remember tackling that in Gen 4 and it was a challenge but also really fun to explore different storylines for the kids and figure out how they all intertwine!

By the way, I know I have gushed to you a million times already haha but I genuinely loved today’s chapter so much. :heart: I can tell I’m gonna love this gen, because the personalities of these kids are already so engaging and well-written!

Excited to see Taylor’s perspective too!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @AudreyFld I love that we’ll be seeing all three! I remember tackling that in Gen 4 and it was a challenge but also really fun to explore different storylines for the kids and figure out how they all intertwine!

By the way, I know I have gushed to you a million times already haha but I genuinely loved today’s chapter so much. :heart: I can tell I’m gonna love this gen, because the personalities of these kids are already so engaging and well-written!

Excited to see Taylor’s perspective too!

Thank you so much! <3 I’m blushing a little or a lot! I am excited too. This will be so much different from Cole’s gen. And I think a wild ride too. Lots of ups and downs. Three very different kids dealing with their new reality in very different ways.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    So the only who doesn't know that "Dad" is Taylor's real father is the little kid.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Reagan and all her dramatics typical of a teenager! Loved the 4th picture it said a lot about her, and how her teen years are going to go. Ryan and his potty mouth might just get him in real trouble one day. I really like how he takes care of his twin, hopefully he won't lead her down the wrong path. Something tells me she will now seek out Avery just to get some comfort about the whole situation. I'm sure that will backfire somehow! :#

Dannie made the wrong decision to wait to tell them but I know hindsight is 20/20. Cole will just keep on trying to patch this now broken family as usual. :(

I feel very bad for Taylor now to be the enemy when she is so happy and will now just be made to feel like an outsider just like Ryan and Reagan do. I really hope that Connie isn't affected from all of this. :o

You've always had me since I read the the very first story you wrote but now you got me wrapped around your finger just waiting to see what happens next!! Very well written!! <3

I agree with @CitizenErased14 and her comment on WP 100%! :)
  • Options
    @MadameLee wrote: »
    So the only who doesn't know that "Dad" is Taylor's real father is the little kid.
    Pretty much and she’ll never know they didn’t always know it.
  • Options
    @haswh wrote: »
    Reagan and all her dramatics typical of a teenager! Loved the 4th picture it said a lot about her, and how her teen years are going to go. Ryan and his potty mouth might just get him in real trouble one day. I really like how he takes care of his twin, hopefully he won't lead her down the wrong path. Something tells me she will now seek out Avery just to get some comfort about the whole situation. I'm sure that will backfire somehow! :#

Dannie made the wrong decision to wait to tell them but I know hindsight is 20/20. Cole will just keep on trying to patch this now broken family as usual. :(

I feel very bad for Taylor now to be the enemy when she is so happy and will now just be made to feel like an outsider just like Ryan and Reagan do. I really hope that Connie isn't affected from all of this. :o

You've always had me since I read the the very first story you wrote but now you got me wrapped around your finger just waiting to see what happens next!! Very well written!! <3

I agree with @CitizenErased14 and her comment on WP 100%! :)

Reagan the drama queen. It’s not fair is it? Her teen years will be interesting. I’m afraid Ryan might have more influence on her than he might have had otherwise. Him and his Ben potty mouth.

I’m sure they will probably seek out their mother. And one can only guess how she might try to use that to her advantage.

Cole certainly will try to fix things like he always does but he needs to calm down first.

Poor Taylor. She is the innocent in all of this drama. You are right, her feeling of belonging may be short lived. :'(:'(:'( . Hopefully Connie’s young enough to be shielded from it.

I’m so glad you have enjoyed my stories. <3<3<3 I have so much fun writing them! Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    This cracked me up.
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Yes. It’s gonna be a challenge for me. I’ve not really done this before. Ami didn’t really get much screen time. But....I’m excited to give it a shot and hopefully wont go off on too many tangents!
    Fingers crossed. Multiple plot lines make story more interesting. You will own it.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    @Maladi777 wrote: »
    This cracked me up.
    Yes. It’s gonna be a challenge for me. I’ve not really done this before. Ami didn’t really get much screen time. But....I’m excited to give it a shot and hopefully won’t go off on too many tangents!
    Fingers crossed. Multiple plot lines make story more interesting. You will own it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. <3 There will definitely be multiple plot lines for sure. >:)
  • Options
    LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member

@InfraGreen I think that is partly my fault. I think I have began to influence @AudreyFld a little too much with my interconnected webs and multiple simultaneous plot lines.
  • Options

@InfraGreen I think that is partly my fault. I think I have began to influence @AudreyFld a little too much with my interconnected webs and multiple simultaneous plot lines.

Thank you for your service! ;)

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options

Thank you for your service! ;)

:joy::joy::joy:
  • Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,280 Member

InfraGreen I think that is partly my fault. I think I have began to influence AudreyFld a little too much with my interconnected webs and multiple simultaneous plot lines.

I gotta admit, that makes me feel better. My legacy-ish SimLit (coming soon) suffers from eight Sims in both the first and second generations, then (planned) seven to eleven (or more) Sims in the third gen depending on how many kids two of the couples have. Once it starts getting unmanageable, I'll probably drop it down to five, one for each gen-one household.

Anyway, enough about me, you have a new chapter out and I love it! The poor kids... reality ensues I guess. Especially poor Reagan - hiding Taylor from her obviously made her think she was Cole's old shame as well, even after Dad attempted to explain. Also, I love (story-wise - I hate seeing him all hurt like this plummit) poor Ryan being a plumhat to hide his pain - you can guarantee I'll be taking notes. And so should his therapist... this whole family needs therapy... both apart and together if you ask me!
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    After reading the latest chapter, Reagan & Ryan need therapy the sooner the better. Otherwise Reagan could be sharing a jail cell with her biological mother and Ryan could be sharing a jail cell with "Big Bubba" whose rap sheet is to NSFW to list on this site.
  • Options

InfraGreen I think that is partly my fault. I think I have began to influence AudreyFld a little too much with my interconnected webs and multiple simultaneous plot lines.

I gotta admit, that makes me feel better. My legacy-ish SimLit (coming soon) suffers from eight Sims in both the first and second generations, then (planned) seven to eleven (or more) Sims in the third gen depending on how many kids two of the couples have. Once it starts getting unmanageable, I'll probably drop it down to five, one for each gen-one household.

Anyway, enough about me, you have a new chapter out and I love it! The poor kids... reality ensues I guess. Especially poor Reagan - hiding Taylor from her obviously made her think she was Cole's old shame as well, even after Dad attempted to explain. Also, I love (story-wise - I hate seeing him all hurt like this plummit) poor Ryan being a plumhat to hide his pain - you can guarantee I'll be taking notes. And so should his therapist... this whole family needs therapy... both apart and together if you ask me!

Oh my! I don’t see how you can do that! I’m freaking out with three, although I feel like their story needs to be told! And down the line when Will, Ami and Noah’s son, gets older I’ll add him too because he’s just too cute not to! Lol...I know, shallow!

I’m glad you enjoyed the chapter. <3 It was hard to write. I always want everyone happy! Lol... poor old Dad did try in his Clueless Cole ways. Gotta love him though. And he is hurting pretty bad cause his bandaids aren’t helping. Reagan is a mess and is now looking to her brother for guidance. Maybe not a wise choice because he’s hurting too and dealing with it how he always does - being a plum! The whole family needs therapy for sure but I don’t think Cole understands why. He wanted Ryan to talk to his parents about being half brother and sister. Yo missed the boat on thatvone Cole. That’s not why they are upset! He thinks his kids are just being unreasonable - which they are - but they are kids. They need help coming to terms with the bomb he dropped on them. Sooo....more drama to come....

• Options
    @VanPelt81 wrote: »
    After reading the latest chapter, Reagan & Ryan need therapy the sooner the better. Otherwise Reagan could be sharing a jail cell with her biological mother and Ryan could be sharing a jail cell with "Big Bubba" whose rap sheet is to NSFW to list on this site.
    They do need therapy, but guess who’s not going to get it? Probably. Reagan could wind up with Mommy Dearest and Ryan with Big Bubba! That would be really bad! Now I’m curious about “Big Bubba”. Why is he called big and why is his rap sheet NSFW. :scream:
  • Options
    GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    Oh you know I just spent the last few days in full out binge read mode and I'm all caught up woop woop! Sooo GOOD! Definitely happy to see Connie shipping permenently with their darling little namesake :wink: Lots of drama starting already with the twins so I have a feeling our ship will be encountering gale force winds in the foreseeable future lol :heart:
    Please join my 💜 Quick Creativity Challenge 💜 forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    @GLovely1 wrote: »
    Oh you know I just spent the last few days in full out binge read mode and I'm all caught up woop woop! Sooo GOOD! Definitely happy to see Connie shipping permenently with their darling little namesake :wink: Lots of drama starting already with the twins so I have a feeling our ship will be encountering gale force winds in the foreseeable future lol :heart:

Welll - I knew someone was out there binging! :joy: Congratulations for making it through! I am glad you enjoyed it! And Connie! Yes...she’s so cute...

Tons of drama on the horizon for the twins. Starting off this gen with a bang. :scream:

And keep an eye peeled for Darnell.....he will be making an appearance very soon! As will @CitizenErased14’s Rosa and @pammiechick’s Camden... @InfraGreen’s Enid and @Munterbacon’s Archer will come shortly after.... but that is only the beginning!

I recieved 30 wonderful Casting Call submissions and most of them will likely make it in at some point. Thanks everyone for your contributions! <3
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Ohhh! I'm very excited to see all those casting call sims (although my favorite is @candycottonchu 's Evan **swoon**--have a feeling this boi might make the gene pool in the Murdock tree. :love: )

Archer is the "bad boy" no doubt Ryan's bff. :naughty:

Looking forward to what you're cooking up! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Ohhh! I'm very excited to see all those casting call sims (although my favorite is @candycottonchu 's Evan **swoon**--have a feeling this boi might make the gene pool in the Murdock tree. :love: )

Archer is the "bad boy" no doubt Ryan's bff. :naughty:

Looking forward to what you're cooking up! <3

Archer will be a 'bad boy' but not necessarily Ryan's bff. :joy:

Evan! What can I say - he is simply awesome and you may be onto something! <3 But I'll never tell! >:)
  • Options
    Waiting for casting call attendees is the best part...obviously I love my Enid and wonder what you'll do with her traits, but the real spectacle is how long it'll take you to resist the urge to breed with @candycottonchu's boy. ;)

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Waiting for casting call attendees is the best part...obviously I love my Enid and wonder what you'll do with her traits, but the real spectacle is how long it'll take you to resist the urge to breed with @candycottonchu's boy. ;)
    LOL! She outdid herself with Evan! :love: No nooboos for awhile sooo....
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited January 2019
    They do need therapy, but guess who’s not going to get it? Probably. Reagan could wind up with Mommy Dearest and Ryan with Big Bubba! That would be really bad! Now I’m curious about “Big Bubba”. Why is he called big and why is his rap sheet NSFW. :scream:

Big Bubba is a large man & his rap sheet rivals that of notorious serial killers.

I'm looking forward to see how my casting call submissions are implemented into the story, though I don't expect them to be anywhere near as legendary as the sim I submitted for Cole's generation.
  • Options
    VanPelt81 wrote: »

Big Bubba is a large man & his rap sheet rivals that of notorious serial killers.

I'm looking forward to see how my casting call submissions are implemented into the story, though I don't expect them to be anywhere near as legendary as the sim I submitted for Cole's generation.

Yikes - a serial killers is indeed spooky! >:) Poor Ryan. Nothing could rival the mountain man! :D:D:D