Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Beginnings - Building Newcrest *07-11-22*

Comments

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    haswh wrote: »
    Nick my boy you sure are messed up but at least thinking of your girlfriend! Ben is just a plain womanizer not sure if Emma will go for it or not. I have a feeling he will make the rounds and get a not so good reputation in college.
    Great chapter and lots of hotties to look at! :)
    Thanks. Yes Ben is a self proclaimed womanizer even if doesn't think of it as a bad thing. Hopefully Nick will work it out with Val. We will see how he works it out with Val in the next chapter!
  • KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    edited October 2017
    I am so pumped for the third chapter
    Kelebek wrote: »

Hopefully it will come out today! Crossing my fingers.
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »

I'm crossing my fingers too! :) And my toes for good measure! :)

Haha same! I'm super excited!
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member

Cross your eyes too. Go all the way.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    @Skcaga6 I think that would hurt too much!
    @Skcaga6, @haswh & @Kelebek - Ya'll are cracking me up! Working on it now....trying hard. :#
    There will be a new chapter in the morning. :) 8:00 AM Central time. Sorry it is taking me so long. Thanks for being patient. :)
    Sneak peak....Isn't she beautiful!
    YUgfXcQ.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Man, Ben is making his rounds. Mr. Friends With Benefits, not a smooth move to tell the truth here. I took Ben for the lying to get in their pants type! And oh...Jojo makes the best Man of the Party characters doesn't she?

I'd love to see a woman who could rock Ben's world. Someone who he desires but she's hard to get and it frustrates him! Looking forward to more parties!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Man, Ben is making his rounds. Mr. Friends With Benefits, not a smooth move to tell the truth here. I took Ben for the lying to get in their pants type! And oh...Jojo makes the best Man of the Party characters doesn't she?

I'd love to see a woman who could rock Ben's world. Someone who he desires but she's hard to get and it frustrates him! Looking forward to more parties!!
    Ben is super afraid of commitment. And not smooth at all. He was honest with Emma, who knows why. That's not his normal operating procedure. Probably because he was worried about his friend and he was mad because he was whining about his girlfriend. And now that you mention it, there is a certain girl that will frustrate him. You will see a little of that in an hour when the next chapter posts!

And @xJojox's Austin was indeed the perfect party host!
    As promised....Chapter 3 - Stress Relief is posted.

mVjxNUO.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Hmm...well, I wonder what Naomi will think about this. And what is Ben thinking? He was worrying over messing up with Naomi and stammering over himself. And then Emma...a frustrating girl. Something Ben needs. He's so into himself. I doubt Emma will ever come around because she knows Ben too well. Unless their friendship can develop into something more and Emma can see a change in Ben. Doubtful!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Hmm...well, I wonder what Naomi will think about this. And what is Ben thinking? He was worrying over messing up with Naomi and stammering over himself. And then Emma...a frustrating girl. Something Ben needs. He's so into himself. I doubt Emma will ever come around because she knows Ben too well. Unless their friendship can develop into something more and Emma can see a change in Ben. Doubtful!

Ben would be much better off with Emma. She could ground him, but he has deep seated reasons that he is running from relationships. He thinks he knows what he wants and it isn't a romantic relationship. As soon as things get too intense, he runs.

You are right, Emma won't ever be with him if he doesn't change. The question is, can he change. If Naomi hadn't known him already, he would have left and not thought another thing about it. The fact that she knew him made him feel guilty. I wonder if he acted like he would call her because he didn't want her to tell Emma what an a$$ he was - as if she didn't already know. Or maybe it just made him feel better about himself.
    Ben, Ben, Ben your going down the wrong path. At this rate you will have to move after college and start over. I think you know what your doing isn't right but can you and will you change? I wonder...
    Ben, Ben, Ben your going down the wrong path. At this rate you will have to move after college and start over. I think you know what your doing isn't right but can you and will you change? I wonder...

The thing is I think Ben has convinced himself it is right the right path. For him anyway. We will see a few chapters down the road more about his reasoning behind why he keeps everyone at arms length romantically. He would do anything for his friends though. He never sets out to hurt anyone, I think that is maybe why he woke up Naomi before he left. He felt bad using her since she knew him. But why would that even matter? When you close yourself off, you make ridiculous choices.

Nick is his best friend and he would do anything for him. He lost his chance with Emma because of Nick and never held it against him. Nick needed him and he helped him.

The real question for Ben is will he ever see the need to change and if so, will he? Maybe Emma could have given him a reason to change....
    I think Ben is just emotionally vulnerable but he doesn't wanna admit that aloud. Afraid of commitment too probably.
    @Kelebek wrote: »
    I think Ben is just emotionally vulnerable but he doesn't wanna admit that aloud. Afraid of commitment too probably.

You are spot on. If you read Starting Over, you will understand him a little more. Part of it was mentioned at the beginning of his story. His home life was one big mess. To say the least. :/
    @AudreyFld I think you are right that maybe Emma would have but... Hopefully he will settle down one day. I would hate for him to turn out like his dad was before he got help. That would be sad. :'(
    @AudreyFld I think you are right that maybe Emma would have but... Hopefully he will settle down one day. I would hate for him to turn out like his dad was before he got help. That would be sad. :'(

Yes.
    He is terrified of exactly that. That is a lot of what drives him to behave the way he does which is so messed up. It is totally leading down the same path and he can't see it. During his pre-teen and teen years he should have seen a therapist,
    but nobody realized how bad he had internalized everything. He was quiet and kept to himself until the girls started noticing him and he noticed them back. And here we are.

Yes.
    He is terrified of exactly that. That is a lot of what drives him to behave the way he does which is so messed up. It is totally leading down the same path and he can't see it. During his pre-teen and teen years he should have seen a therapist,
    but nobody realized how bad he had internalized everything. He was quiet and kept to himself until the girls started noticing him and he noticed them back. And here we are.

I agree..
    He definitely should have seen a therapist! Maybe if he had he would be a different person. But then this makes for a better story!
    Right? >:)

Yes.

I agree..
    He definitely should have seen a therapist! Maybe if he had he would be a different person. But then this makes for a better story!
    Right? >:)

Right! >:)
  • CeeMiltonCeeMilton Posts: 94 Member
    Oh dear, I gotta feeling things are going to get worse before they get worse before they get better for Ben.
    CeeMilton wrote: »
    Oh dear, I gotta feeling things are going to get worse before they get worse before they get better for Ben.
    Oh my! :joy::joy: You summed it up nicely!