Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Beginnings - Building Newcrest *07-11-22*

Comments

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @LJFoxie wrote: »
    Ryan is a good dad! I get the feeling that he understands Tyler more than he thinks. I wonder if the principal is married? She seems nice. :wink::naughty: I do hope that the boys get to have a relationship with Sam, somehow I doubt Maribel will be bothered if she sees Tyler or not, but I could be wrong. Sometimes when a child, however sweet and loving, is a handful, certain people just don't have the patience or the selflessness to give them what they need. I just want Ryan to find some happiness, he really is in need of it after everything he's been through.
    Ryan is a good father even if he doesn’t think so. You’re right, he probably gets Tyler more than he realizes. The principal does seem nice. Good question is she married, now that Ryan is ...ahem...available. Lol.

We were supposed to hear from Maribel in this chapter, but it got too long, so we’ll hear from her this weekend and see how she and Sam are both dealing with the divorce. o:) You could be right, she’s not willing to make the sacrifices needed to manage Tyler. It’s obviously way more fun to parade around with her daughter.

I hope Ryan does eventually find his little piece of happiness. He just needs to go slower. He always jumps right in. Makes me wonder where Tyler gets some of that from! :#
  • CameronLineageCameronLineage Posts: 355 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »

Yep, and I already know which kid it’s gonna be! :joy:

:D
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Ryan is being a great Father right now! <3 He handled that perfectly. :) I really think that with his good parenting skills that Tyler will be just fine!
    Looking forward to seeing how Sam and her Mother are doing.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    😕 Sad chapter.
    What would be great is if Sam & Ty both wanted to live with their dad and just cut off contact with Bel, but I know that’s very unlikely.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.

Yep, and I already know which kid it’s gonna be! :joy:

:D

Tyler Murdick.... poor thing.
    @haswh wrote: »
    Ryan is being a great Father right now! <3 He handled that perfectly. :) I really think that with his good parenting skills that Tyler will be just fine!

Ryan did so well. I was so proud of him. <3 Tyler just needs some extra love and attention and he’ll likely be okay. Next chapter, I promise, we’ll see Maribel have a similar conversation with Samantha. And Ryan will meet with the Principal.

😕 Sad chapter.
    What would be great is if Sam & Ty both wanted to live with their dad and just cut off contact with Bel, but I know that’s very unlikely.

You’re right. I wish, but yes, highly unlikely.
    Sam and her mother have been joined at the hip for awhile now. And Ryan isn’t super involved in her extracurricular activities. He goes to dance recitals but not pageants. He stays home with Tyler who definitely doesn’t do well at those things. So,yes, her mom is going to be who she wants to stay with. Not that she wouldn’t miss her father.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member

Ryan did so well. I was so proud of him. <3 Tyler just needs some extra love and attention and he’ll likely be okay. Next chapter, I promise, we’ll see Maribel have a similar conversation with Samantha. And Ryan will meet with the Principal.

I will be looking forward to seeing Maribel have this conversation with her daughter. Whether Ragnar the Rotten will A. still be there when this happens and B. still be in his zebra print undies is also a question I look forward to seeing.
    @VanPelt81 wrote: »

I will be looking forward to seeing Maribel have this conversation with her daughter. Whether Ragnar the Rotten will A. still be there when this happens and B. still be in his zebra print undies is also a question I look forward to seeing.

You will get your wish and see RtR in his zebra undies and fully clothed! On Wednesday!
    Vuz1Kb5.png

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited December 2019
    Omg...I love Ty. He’s my fav so far. And I feel for what he’s going to go through in school. If he’s on meds and gets special help in school he should actually do better. He’s so beautiful he won’t have problems with girls later on. (And with his personality, he should be popular)

I wonder who his friends are? He needs them now that his parents are splitting. This breaks my heart for him! 😭
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited December 2019
    @pammiechick - Tyler has become one of my favorites. :love: And we’ll be focusing on his family for the next few chapters before we switch gears to Reagan’s family. Jack, Taylor’sSon, is one of his friends. I hope he has more soon. You’re right, he’s gonna need them. <3 But hopefully he’ll begin to do better in school and will feel better about himself.
    Post edited by AudreyFld on
    Maribel breaks the bad news to Samantha in Chapter 4.04 - Divorce and Math Part 2

Maribel comforts Sam

xCkTeLk.png
  • CameronLineageCameronLineage Posts: 355 Member
    Maribel breaks the bad news to Samantha in Chapter 4.04 - Divorce and Math Part 2

Maribel comforts Sam

xCkTeLk.png

Not the happiest chapter ever, but it could have been worse. Not too unexpected, knowing those two. The kids weren't really close, so it all could have been much worse, were the precursors different.

Just saying, if I personally had to pick between Ryan and Ragnar ... it would 100% not have been Ragnar. ;)
    edited December 2019
    @TheLegacyStory - No... it was a sad couple of chapters....hopefully things will begin to get better soon, once the nastiness of the divorce is behind them. Then Ryan can redefine his life and begin to move forward. :'( And yes, Ragnar vs Ryan. Ryan would win for me too... but Maribel is not satisfied with an ‘ordinary’ life. She wants to be in the limelight and rub elbows with the rich and famous, which Ryan is not.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I say this as a compliment, but man I can’t remember the last time a simlit character made me as angry as Maribel does :joy:

I’m still reeling!!!!!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Interesting chapter. I want to slap Bel...just because. Do you suppose one of the characters might do that sometime? 🤣
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Maribel did not handle that well with Samantha! :s She should have told her the truth instead of blaming Ryan! I sure hope that Samantha will adjust to all this, the move and the divorce are going to be hard for her, she is a teen after all!

Ryan is doing all the right things for his son! pats on the back Good job! I think the principal handled that very well and I do know of teachers and principals who would do the same given the circumstances. My husband being one of them!

I think that Ryan and Tyler will be fine. :) It's Samantha I'm worried about! :/ Maribel on the other hand can go fly a kite! >:)
  • LJFoxieLJFoxie Posts: 929 Member
    Aaaarrgggghhhh Maribel you nasty woman! Ryan deserve so much better! I hope that Sam learns the truth but Ryan is such a good man he probably won't tell her what a snake and a cheat her mother really is! It's great that Tyler is going to get the guidance he needs, he's sweet just like his dad! :wink:
    pa5RIHV.jpg

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I feel so badly for this family! Divorces are never easy! :'(
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I say this as a compliment, but man I can’t remember the last time a simlit character made me as angry as Maribel does :joy:

I’m still reeling!!!!!

She had a great guy like Ryan and gave it all up. Yes, she made me angry too, especially trying to turn Samantha against her father. :'(

Interesting chapter. I want to slap Bel...just because. Do you suppose one of the characters might do that sometime? 🤣

Ohhh .... that would be deliciously fun! >:) Maybe it will happen one day! Mwhahahaha

Maribel did not handle that well with Samantha! :s She should have told her the truth instead of blaming Ryan! I sure hope that Samantha will adjust to all this, the move and the divorce are going to be hard for her, she is a teen after all!

Ryan is doing all the right things for his son! pats on the back Good job! I think the principal handled that very well and I do know of teachers and principals who would do the same given the circumstances. My husband being one of them!

I think that Ryan and Tyler will be fine. :) It's Samantha I'm worried about! :/ Maribel on the other hand can go fly a kite! >:)

No way Maribel was telling Sam the truth! She’s now trying to distance her from Ryan as much as possible. Samantha is a child in a woman’s body. She’s been exposed and will be exposed to things others her age haven’t been.

Ryan is trying. And I love that the principal is taking an interest in Tyler. He’s a sweet boy, just extra busy. And I had no idea your hubs was a teacher. ❤️ I respect teachers so much. They have a tough job with not enough pay!

I think you’re right. With the help and attention Tyler needs at school and Ryan there for him, I think he’ll be fine. Samantha on the other hand will likely grow up way too fast. Sigh

@LJFoxie wrote: »
    Aaaarrgggghhhh Maribel you nasty woman! Ryan deserve so much better! I hope that Sam learns the truth but Ryan is such a good man he probably won't tell her what a snake and a cheat her mother really is! It's great that Tyler is going to get the guidance he needs, he's sweet just like his dad! :wink:

Maribel is nasty. I’m glad Ryan is getting away from her. Sam might someday learn the truth. Not sure how it will come out, but it could. And you’re right, I doubt it would be Ryan.

And I’m glad the principal took an interest in Tyler. He does need a little guidance and attention. He may be a bit too much like his dad as he gets older though And I remember Ryan had no filter either growing up. He still doesn’t sometimes. But they both have their heart in the right place. <3
    I feel so badly for this family! Divorces are never easy! :'(

So true. It hurts badly. Hopefully it was a blessing in disguise. At least for some of them.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Way to mess up your kid Maribel by making her beilive the divorce was all on her. Now Sam is going to go full Macaulay Culkin or Lindsey Lohan when she is an adult has-been instead of a child star.
    @VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Way to mess up your kid Maribel by making her beilive the divorce was all on her. Now Sam is going to go full Macaulay Culkin or Lindsey Lohan when she is an adult has-been instead of a child star.

Let’s hope not! o:) Maybe Ryan can convince her otherwise! Maybe?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    @AudreyFld @VanPelt81 's comment reminds me the money Sam gets from the commercials and now the Strangerville TV show.. is it being given to Marbiel and is Marbiel using it on herself? Since if she is Sam when she's older (or even now if she could get out of Marbiel's clutches) she could sue Marbiel for keeping her wages(?) from her? Since its from Coogan's law Jackie Coogan was the first 'child actor' to sue his parents for 'stealing' his wages(?)
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee wrote: »
    @AudreyFld @VanPelt81 's comment reminds me the money Sam gets from the commercials and now the Strangerville TV show.. is it being given to Marbiel and is Marbiel using it on herself? Since if she is Sam when she's older (or even now if she could get out of Marbiel's clutches) she could sue Marbiel for keeping her wages(?) from her? Since its from Coogan's law Jackie Coogan was the first 'child actor' to sue his parents for 'stealing' his wages(?)

Interesting you mention that because it comes up in the next chapter tomorrow morning. Sadly, she will be able to access her money.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    @MadameLee wrote: »

Interesting you mention that because it comes up in the next chapter tomorrow morning. Sadly, she will be able to access her money.

I only remembered about former child stars suing their parents because of @VanPelt81 post about the Home Alone actor 'acting out'.
    6adMCGP.gif
    Chapter 4.05 - Never Get Divorced - Ryan’s divorce is finalized ..

Ryan and Bel argue over the terms of the divorce

NYA6g44.png