Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Posting, Saving, Sharing Stories

Where do y'all share your stories? I've been running a story for about a month now and posting them in a Facebook group. I was sharing them to a friend today and he suggested that I shared them on some comic strip or blog or something so others could follow. I'm looking for suggestions to do such.

TIA

Comments

• Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I personally use WordPress, though I've seen other sites such as Weebly.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Wordpress is the most popular place where people share their stories around here, though there ARE other options too! :)

If you check out the Quick Guide to Simlit stickied at the top of this subforum, you'll find a section talking about the various sites people use to share their stories :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    edited October 2017
    What about blogging adult rated stories? I've never blogged before so I don't know if such content will result in me being banned or something?
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Saunta2: hello and welcome! Most of my content is adult-oriented so I feel like I can give a good anecdote.

So here's an interesting thing: the forum mods really don't care about the Stories and Legacies boards. At all. They don't really care about simlit in general. A lot of us link to content that is vulgar, violent, sexual, and so on with no consequences. I even lead some pretty raunchy discussions in my own thread.

Let me put the lack of moderation into perspective: I've gotten warned a few times on the forums. None of them were for rules I constantly break on this board by linking to and discussing adult content. In fact, more than one of them was for very mild stuff I posted in the TS3 General Discussion board. They care about a legacy title more than the Stories and Legacies board for their active title.

None of the popular blogging platforms for simlit ban adult content either.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @InfraGreen is right! Haha one of the only up sides of no one caring about simlit is that we can get away with a lot around here ;)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    OK. I was going to start a blog to do it and not on here, but I wasn't sure if the blog would have any restrictions. My story is already a couple chapters long so I will have to do a bit of work to get the blog started and up to date.

I have at least two stories I will be running.
  • Options
    I decided to try Weebly because of what I read about Wordpress running out of space for pics. I am soooooooo confused by Weebly
  • Options
    AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    I decided to try Weebly because of what I read about Wordpress running out of space for pics. I am soooooooo confused by Weebly

I just checked it out too after seeing this, and oh man... Same...