Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims 4 forgotten hollow secret location

2...Next

Comments

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I have a hard time believing that they can actually track how many times players visit secret locations. If they can, it would be very disturbing: does that mean they can track which objects get the most use and which actions Sims perform the most? Even if they could, I would argue that such data would give a very skewed perspective on what players actually want or how they play.

They need to include secret lots in the game again. They have always been a part of the Sims franchise and they add a lot. Think how much happier simmers would have been had there been an unlockable dive lot or a secret mermaid grotto in Island Living. Apparently in Windenburg, the Bluffs and the Ruins were supposed to be secret or unlockable—I would have preferred it if they were. As for the unfinished secret spot in Midnight Hollow (or anywhere else in the game, if there are more), they ought still to use them in a future pack. Make them secret entrances to the Realm of magic world. It would make sense for vampires and mermaids to have their own special entrances to that world. Or they could be rendered unlockable.

Anyway secret lots in my view are great. Who cares if very few use them? They should just be there, in every pack, to show some love to the completionists and dedicated players who support the game. I love the Sixam lot in particular; in my game (with the help of the freebuild cheat) it has extra collectibles and a secret underground bunker, and I can often find a few aliens hanging out there. Only my mad scientist and my chief astronaut go there, but I am glad they can.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    I have a hard time believing that they can actually track how many times players visit secret locations. If they can, it would be very disturbing: does that mean they can track which objects get the most use and which actions Sims perform the most? Even if they could, I would argue that such data would give a very skewed perspective on what players actually want or how they play.

cBY88fU.png
    here's an old infographic ea released on some of the data collected:
    TS4_oneyear_infographic_Final_EN.jpg
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Alas, poor EA! My TS4 now lives on a PC not connected to the internet. >:) As for the behavior itself, I find it invasive, Orwellian, and too much like the federal govt. What other information, not simming related, are they collecting and who are they sharing it with. Certain now deceased famous (infamous) dictators would have loved this capability. Methinks they have over-stepped ethical boundaries. (Note, I didn't say lawful. In business what is legal and what is ethical are often quite different things and often opposites.)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Alas, poor EA! My TS4 now lives on a PC not connected to the internet. >:) As for the behavior itself, I find it invasive, Orwellian, and too much like the federal govt. What other information, not simming related, are they collecting and who are they sharing it with. Certain now deceased famous (infamous) dictators would have loved this capability. Methinks they have over-stepped ethical boundaries. (Note, I didn't say lawful. In business what is legal and what is ethical are often quite different things and often opposites.)

well it can be disabled so it's not really forced upon anyone.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited August 2019
    Did anyone found the open bat cave in the new debug catalog? The one we got in forgotten hollow map is closed and there's no way to open it, but there's 2 different versions in the catalog including a open one. It's like the white bat and the purple vampire tome, features they intended to use but got scrapped along the way. Why else would it be there... The open bat cave could be a secret lot that never made the cut to the game :(
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I love secret lots. Forgotten Hollow was going to have one but they scrapped it
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited August 2019
    mika wrote: »

I didn't know it was confirmed, bummer. They could've at least linked that cave to forgotten grotto, it would've been a nice fit.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    mika wrote: »

I didn't know it was confirmed, bummer. They could've at least linked that cave to forgotten grotto, it would've been a nice fit.

How disappointing! Perhaps funds/time were cut too short for it? Either way, at least they considered the possibility of a hidden world.