Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Garden Stuff Pack: Awesome CC Pack!

13...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > JinxedMathematics wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > JinxedMathematics wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > JinxedMathematics wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > JinxedMathematics wrote: »
    > > > >
    > > > > Hi everyone! I absolutely love this pack, but I have been having problems with the build & buy part of it recently. To start off, yes I do own all the dlc packs of the items I chose to use, and no none of my other (CAS) cc is causing the problem (I checked both already). However this is the first time I’m using build & buy cc, so I may just be overlooking something. Anyways, the build & buy cc is making my game not respond / freeze and finally crash in the loading screen. I can’t seem to figure out what is wrong. I already tried adding the build & buy cc in smaller batches to see if there is a particular file that is causing my problem, but so far I’ve come up with nothing. When I load the game without the build & buy cc the game loads like it normally would, if I then quit the game (after it has loaded without the build & buy cc) and then add the build & buy cc it also loads like it normally would. It even continues loading like it normally would when I restart my pc, which I think is weird, because when I completely shut my pc off for the day and turn it back on the following day it doesn’t respond / freezes and crashes again (and keeps crashing until I remove the build & buy cc). Does anyone know how to fix this? I would love to just be able to start up my game again without constantly having to remove, load the game without the build & buy cc, and then add the build & buy cc again.
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello @JinxedMathematics
    > > > > There were many build/buy mode and cas items broken by the recent patches.
    > > > >
    > > > > Sims 4 Studio tool has updated its program, and has batch fixes that includes fixing the cc items broken by the last patches
    > > > > (...) (register with the site first before trying to access the download page )
    > > > > It would be good to download the latest version and run the batch fix.
    > > > > After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu
    > > > > You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
    > > >
    > > > Hi! I did as you suggested (I also checked if any other things needed fixing). Only one build & buy item needed fixing, but my game still freezes in the loading screen (and crashes after that). Do you have any other suggestions?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello
    > > > Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    > > > (...)
    > > >
    > > > It sounds like though that the build/buy irems are causing issues in your game.
    > > > Try testing again by moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your cc back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to see if you can find the cause of the issue.
    > >
    > >
    > > Hi again. I did exactly as you suggested, sadly nothing came up. When I add the cc one by one (put one in, see of it works, take it out, remove the cache, put a new one in, etc. I even restarted my computer after each try) it loads just fine, no issues what so ever. Not even the build & buy part of the cc caused any issues when put in separately. But when I put all of the cc in the mods folder at the same time the game freezes again in the loading screen. It’s really confusing…
    > > If you have any other ideas of what this might be, I would love to hear it.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Don’t place back the old mods folder. Instead of that, place the cc from the old mods folder into the new mods folder.
    > > Then launch the game and see if the issues remain.
    >
    > Hi. I did what you suggested, and at first it seemed to have worked. But just to be sure I tried to restart my computer to see if the game would continue to fully load after a restart. Sadly it didn’t, the issues started up again after said restart. Do you know any other things I can try?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try removing all the cc from your mods folder.Then go to another cc site and download some new cc. Then, test to see if the issues occur with that new cc or not.

> @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > >
    > > > > Hi everyone! I absolutely love this pack, but I have been having problems with the build & buy part of it recently. To start off, yes I do own all the dlc packs of the items I chose to use, and no none of my other (CAS) cc is causing the problem (I checked both already). However this is the first time I’m using build & buy cc, so I may just be overlooking something. Anyways, the build & buy cc is making my game not respond / freeze and finally crash in the loading screen. I can’t seem to figure out what is wrong. I already tried adding the build & buy cc in smaller batches to see if there is a particular file that is causing my problem, but so far I’ve come up with nothing. When I load the game without the build & buy cc the game loads like it normally would, if I then quit the game (after it has loaded without the build & buy cc) and then add the build & buy cc it also loads like it normally would. It even continues loading like it normally would when I restart my pc, which I think is weird, because when I completely shut my pc off for the day and turn it back on the following day it doesn’t respond / freezes and crashes again (and keeps crashing until I remove the build & buy cc). Does anyone know how to fix this? I would love to just be able to start up my game again without constantly having to remove, load the game without the build & buy cc, and then add the build & buy cc again.
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello @JinxedMathematics
    > > > > There were many build/buy mode and cas items broken by the recent patches.
    > > > >
    > > > > Sims 4 Studio tool has updated its program, and has batch fixes that includes fixing the cc items broken by the last patches
    > > > > (...) (register with the site first before trying to access the download page )
    > > > > It would be good to download the latest version and run the batch fix.
    > > > > After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu
    > > > > You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
    > > >
    > > > Hi! I did as you suggested (I also checked if any other things needed fixing). Only one build & buy item needed fixing, but my game still freezes in the loading screen (and crashes after that). Do you have any other suggestions?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello
    > > > Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    > > > (...)
    > > >
    > > > It sounds like though that the build/buy irems are causing issues in your game.
    > > > Try testing again by moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your cc back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to see if you can find the cause of the issue.
    > >
    > >
    > > Hi again. I did exactly as you suggested, sadly nothing came up. When I add the cc one by one (put one in, see of it works, take it out, remove the cache, put a new one in, etc. I even restarted my computer after each try) it loads just fine, no issues what so ever. Not even the build & buy part of the cc caused any issues when put in separately. But when I put all of the cc in the mods folder at the same time the game freezes again in the loading screen. It’s really confusing…
    > > If you have any other ideas of what this might be, I would love to hear it.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Don’t place back the old mods folder. Instead of that, place the cc from the old mods folder into the new mods folder.
    > > Then launch the game and see if the issues remain.
    >
    > Hi. I did what you suggested, and at first it seemed to have worked. But just to be sure I tried to restart my computer to see if the game would continue to fully load after a restart. Sadly it didn’t, the issues started up again after said restart. Do you know any other things I can try?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try removing all the cc from your mods folder.Then go to another cc site and download some new cc. Then, test to see if the issues occur with that new cc or not.

Hi again. I downloaded some new build & buy cc (even a cc pack from the same creator of the cottage garden stuff pack) and so far the issues have not returned (not even after a restart of my computer). I don’t know if that’s because I now have less build & buy cc in my mods folder than before, does that make a difference? Anyways, does this mean that I cannot use the cottage garden stuff pack or is there something else going on?

It may be best to test putting some of the Cottage garden stuff pack back into your mods folder. Then start the game and see if you can load it. If you can load it, add some more of the items from the pack, and test again. Keep testing to see which items you can add without issues occuring. There may be some items that are conflicting with others, They shouldn’t be doing this as they are all in the one pack , but there may just be an issue of it occurring in your game.

• JinxedMathematicsJinxedMathematics Posts: 6 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > >
    > > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > > JinxedMathematics wrote: »
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Hi everyone! I absolutely love this pack, but I have been having problems with the build & buy part of it recently. To start off, yes I do own all the dlc packs of the items I chose to use, and no none of my other (CAS) cc is causing the problem (I checked both already). However this is the first time I’m using build & buy cc, so I may just be overlooking something. Anyways, the build & buy cc is making my game not respond / freeze and finally crash in the loading screen. I can’t seem to figure out what is wrong. I already tried adding the build & buy cc in smaller batches to see if there is a particular file that is causing my problem, but so far I’ve come up with nothing. When I load the game without the build & buy cc the game loads like it normally would, if I then quit the game (after it has loaded without the build & buy cc) and then add the build & buy cc it also loads like it normally would. It even continues loading like it normally would when I restart my pc, which I think is weird, because when I completely shut my pc off for the day and turn it back on the following day it doesn’t respond / freezes and crashes again (and keeps crashing until I remove the build & buy cc). Does anyone know how to fix this? I would love to just be able to start up my game again without constantly having to remove, load the game without the build & buy cc, and then add the build & buy cc again.
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Hello @JinxedMathematics
    > > > > > There were many build/buy mode and cas items broken by the recent patches.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Sims 4 Studio tool has updated its program, and has batch fixes that includes fixing the cc items broken by the last patches
    > > > > > (...) (register with the site first before trying to access the download page )
    > > > > > It would be good to download the latest version and run the batch fix.
    > > > > > After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu
    > > > > > You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
    > > > >
    > > > > Hi! I did as you suggested (I also checked if any other things needed fixing). Only one build & buy item needed fixing, but my game still freezes in the loading screen (and crashes after that). Do you have any other suggestions?
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello
    > > > > Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    > > > > (...)
    > > > >
    > > > > It sounds like though that the build/buy irems are causing issues in your game.
    > > > > Try testing again by moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your cc back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to see if you can find the cause of the issue.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hi again. I did exactly as you suggested, sadly nothing came up. When I add the cc one by one (put one in, see of it works, take it out, remove the cache, put a new one in, etc. I even restarted my computer after each try) it loads just fine, no issues what so ever. Not even the build & buy part of the cc caused any issues when put in separately. But when I put all of the cc in the mods folder at the same time the game freezes again in the loading screen. It’s really confusing…
    > > > If you have any other ideas of what this might be, I would love to hear it.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello
    > > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Don’t place back the old mods folder. Instead of that, place the cc from the old mods folder into the new mods folder.
    > > > Then launch the game and see if the issues remain.
    > >
    > > Hi. I did what you suggested, and at first it seemed to have worked. But just to be sure I tried to restart my computer to see if the game would continue to fully load after a restart. Sadly it didn’t, the issues started up again after said restart. Do you know any other things I can try?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try removing all the cc from your mods folder.Then go to another cc site and download some new cc. Then, test to see if the issues occur with that new cc or not.
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > >
    > > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Hi everyone! I absolutely love this pack, but I have been having problems with the build & buy part of it recently. To start off, yes I do own all the dlc packs of the items I chose to use, and no none of my other (CAS) cc is causing the problem (I checked both already). However this is the first time I’m using build & buy cc, so I may just be overlooking something. Anyways, the build & buy cc is making my game not respond / freeze and finally crash in the loading screen. I can’t seem to figure out what is wrong. I already tried adding the build & buy cc in smaller batches to see if there is a particular file that is causing my problem, but so far I’ve come up with nothing. When I load the game without the build & buy cc the game loads like it normally would, if I then quit the game (after it has loaded without the build & buy cc) and then add the build & buy cc it also loads like it normally would. It even continues loading like it normally would when I restart my pc, which I think is weird, because when I completely shut my pc off for the day and turn it back on the following day it doesn’t respond / freezes and crashes again (and keeps crashing until I remove the build & buy cc). Does anyone know how to fix this? I would love to just be able to start up my game again without constantly having to remove, load the game without the build & buy cc, and then add the build & buy cc again.
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > > There were many build/buy mode and cas items broken by the recent patches.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > Sims 4 Studio tool has updated its program, and has batch fixes that includes fixing the cc items broken by the last patches
    > > > > > (...) (register with the site first before trying to access the download page )
    > > > > > It would be good to download the latest version and run the batch fix.
    > > > > > After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu
    > > > > > You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
    > > > >
    > > > > Hi! I did as you suggested (I also checked if any other things needed fixing). Only one build & buy item needed fixing, but my game still freezes in the loading screen (and crashes after that). Do you have any other suggestions?
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello
    > > > > (...)
    > > > >
    > > > > It sounds like though that the build/buy irems are causing issues in your game.
    > > > > Try testing again by moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your cc back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to see if you can find the cause of the issue.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hi again. I did exactly as you suggested, sadly nothing came up. When I add the cc one by one (put one in, see of it works, take it out, remove the cache, put a new one in, etc. I even restarted my computer after each try) it loads just fine, no issues what so ever. Not even the build & buy part of the cc caused any issues when put in separately. But when I put all of the cc in the mods folder at the same time the game freezes again in the loading screen. It’s really confusing…
    > > > If you have any other ideas of what this might be, I would love to hear it.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello
    > > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. Don’t place back the old mods folder. Instead of that, place the cc from the old mods folder into the new mods folder.
    > >
    > > Hi. I did what you suggested, and at first it seemed to have worked. But just to be sure I tried to restart my computer to see if the game would continue to fully load after a restart. Sadly it didn’t, the issues started up again after said restart. Do you know any other things I can try?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try removing all the cc from your mods folder.Then go to another cc site and download some new cc. Then, test to see if the issues occur with that new cc or not.
    >
    > Hi again. I downloaded some new build & buy cc (even a cc pack from the same creator of the cottage garden stuff pack) and so far the issues have not returned (not even after a restart of my computer). I don’t know if that’s because I now have less build & buy cc in my mods folder than before, does that make a difference? Anyways, does this mean that I cannot use the cottage garden stuff pack or is there something else going on?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It may be best to test putting some of the Cottage garden stuff pack back into your mods folder. Then start the game and see if you can load it. If you can load it, add some more of the items from the pack, and test again. Keep testing to see which items you can add without issues occuring. There may be some items that are conflicting with others, They shouldn’t be doing this as they are all in the one pack , but there may just be an issue of it occurring in your game.

Hi once more. I removed all the build & buy cc which I didn’t really need. I now have a little less than half of the 108 build & buy items left in my mods folder, this seems to be working for me. The game now loads like it normally would, and the issues haven’t returned so far (not even after a restart of my computer). I really hope it stays this way. Anyways, big thanks for your help and time! I really appreciate it!!
    Hope you have a nice day / evening / night!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > >
    > > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello
    > > > > (...)
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > >
    > > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello
    > > > > (...)
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    > Hi again. I downloaded some new build & buy cc (even a cc pack from the same creator of the cottage garden stuff pack) and so far the issues have not returned (not even after a restart of my computer). I don’t know if that’s because I now have less build & buy cc in my mods folder than before, does that make a difference? Anyways, does this mean that I cannot use the cottage garden stuff pack or is there something else going on?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It may be best to test putting some of the Cottage garden stuff pack back into your mods folder. Then start the game and see if you can load it. If you can load it, add some more of the items from the pack, and test again. Keep testing to see which items you can add without issues occuring. There may be some items that are conflicting with others, They shouldn’t be doing this as they are all in the one pack , but there may just be an issue of it occurring in your game.

Hi once more. I removed all the build & buy cc which I didn’t really need. I now have a little less than half of the 108 build & buy items left in my mods folder, this seems to be working for me. The game now loads like it normally would, and the issues haven’t returned so far (not even after a restart of my computer). I really hope it stays this way. Anyways, big thanks for your help and time! I really appreciate it!!
    Hope you have a nice day / evening / night!

You’re welcome :) Happy simming!
  • Abel_laAbel_la Posts: 2 New Member
    Macs seem to have it a bit more difficult
  • maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    I clicked download and nothing happened... ?
    285JXDb.jpg
  • glitterberry16glitterberry16 Posts: 28 New Member
    great pack, thanks!
    If it helps anyone i downloaded and saved the file to my mods folder, then clicked it and selected 7zip and 'extract here' from the high lighted list. I unrared it and dumped it all in my mods folder, then I just went back and deleted the rar file since I always clean up and remove any stray files.
  • glitterberry16glitterberry16 Posts: 28 New Member
    also if you ever have trouble downloading try it in a different browser, like I have a hard time using chrome (my default browser) for some of my CC and have to download in firefox on some sites
  • realsimshadyrealsimshady Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this is an old thread, but the creator's main page on tumblr says they are inactive now so I hope it's ok to ask this here. Just sort of hoping someone else has this pack and maybe knows what is happening.

I downloaded the whole pack from tumblr, extracted and put in the mods folder. Everything works and shows up in the game except one item - the hanging garden bench. It shows up under outdoor seating but when I buy and place it the whole thing disappears. It charges me for it, but it doesn't stay. There's nothing in that spot, it's not invisible and you can't select anything from the spot it's been put in, it's just not there. Like I said, everything else from the pack works fine. On the download page it says this item requires base game only, so it shouldn't be that I lack the mesh. I checked my mods folder and the file is there with everything else in the pack, obviously it's there or it wouldn't show up under buy options.

Has anyone else had this problem?
  • jillianrharrisjillianrharris Posts: 2 New Member
    I just had a heck of a time finding *something* that was giving me an error when trying to open a restaurant... Turned out it was the small shabby table in this set.

I'm not sure if it was a problem before the patch or not, and I realize PTS is inactive now, but just FYI. That table will glitch your restaurant, not sure if it works elsewhere or if other tables from the set will give you a problem... But throwing it out there.

And if whoever who made it wanted to fix it... I'd appreciate it! ♥