Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Kennel Club *Official Thread*

Comments

• elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    samemie wrote: »
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    simsluvr90 wrote: »
    I thought they added family trees in an update?

I think it's a bit uncertain right now whether or not we'll be able to even click on the pet's icons and therefore if they'll have a family tree in game, but they might so we'll see.
    I definitely hope there will be family trees for the furry babies! ;0; I might still wind up using that app because it's just so darn easy! But idk if they'll update it to have the pet traits listed or not lol.

Having watched some of the gameplay videos from yesterday, it looks like we can't click on our pet's portraits :( It's possible there's a family tree elsewhere but I wouldn't count on it sadly.
    Yeah, I was kinda sad we couldn't even click on their portraits. :( So I'm with ya -- I doubt there will be family trees. Not for the moment anyway.
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • mphgirlmphgirl Posts: 62 Member
    @simsluvr90 Perhaps we should move to proboards so we can monetary plugin so it makes selling and buying puppies and dogs a whole lot easier. I will even help you if you decide to do this, as I have a couple of ideas that could help the SKC community and I have also toyed around with proboards so I have a little experience.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

I think it's a bit uncertain right now whether or not we'll be able to even click on the pet's icons and therefore if they'll have a family tree in game, but they might so we'll see.
    I definitely hope there will be family trees for the furry babies! ;0; I might still wind up using that app because it's just so darn easy! But idk if they'll update it to have the pet traits listed or not lol.

Having watched some of the gameplay videos from yesterday, it looks like we can't click on our pet's portraits :( It's possible there's a family tree elsewhere but I wouldn't count on it sadly.
    Yeah, I was kinda sad we couldn't even click on their portraits. :( So I'm with ya -- I doubt there will be family trees. Not for the moment anyway.

It could be linked to the sims family tree. I hope so
  • BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    Reserved my kennel name now! I'm preeeetty sure i'll be breeding Akitas (Japanese and American). Can't wait... :D
    HV83B28.png
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

They said on the stream today that there's no pet family trees I'm afraid :(
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

They said on the stream today that there's no pet family trees I'm afraid :(

T_T well guess my sims are gonna be busy making tons of pet portraits
  • WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    This sounds very exciting. I would love to be a part of it all in any way that I can lol. So I guess I will run over to the site and sign up and go from there.
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I'd love to join you guys as well but I'm sort of worried how shows will work since we can't control the dogs. Any insight on that? I already have a kennel page up but I've decided on another name and might pick another hoster - do any of you know a good one? I don't know what dogs I want to breed yet but I know that I prefer dogs that have a lot of coat color options and I prefer to breed both large and small dogs that come from the same breed group/area so I might decide on Shiba Inu/Akita Inu... Or Aussies and Shelties. I don't know yet, I'll choose once the game is out.

If you need any help graphics-wise I could offer it! Stuff like a logo or banner is definitely within my capabilities. Same goes for any people who need a kennel logo, I might be able to help out.

I never was part of the SKC world before but I had a somewhat successful stable on equus-sims so I know at least a little bit how things work from that.
    @Karlia join the Akita cult. >:) i might breed Shibas too.
    HV83B28.png
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Karlia wrote: »
    I'd love to join you guys as well but I'm sort of worried how shows will work since we can't control the dogs. Any insight on that? I already have a kennel page up but I've decided on another name and might pick another hoster - do any of you know a good one? I don't know what dogs I want to breed yet but I know that I prefer dogs that have a lot of coat color options and I prefer to breed both large and small dogs that come from the same breed group/area so I might decide on Shiba Inu/Akita Inu... Or Aussies and Shelties. I don't know yet, I'll choose once the game is out.

If you need any help graphics-wise I could offer it! Stuff like a logo or banner is definitely within my capabilities. Same goes for any people who need a kennel logo, I might be able to help out.

I never was part of the SKC world before but I had a somewhat successful stable on equus-sims so I know at least a little bit how things work from that.

Sims 4 Posing mod, but otherwise you can walk them on a leash and take photos. Have them do actual tricks and take photos, pose them realistically and take photos. It's quite possible.

Sims 4 Posing mod, but otherwise, you can walk them on a leash and take photos. Have them do actual tricks and take photos, pose them realistically and take photos. It's quite possible.

I forgot about the pose player, but for that people have to create poses first :smiley: And I don't know how it will work since we can't click on the dogs. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that the community will find a way, I just want to know that way too :lol: I'm gonna start working on a new Kennel I think, I used to have one ready but I'm not quite happy about it anymore.

@Bambooram To be honest, I don't know for sure yet what kinds of dogs I will breed, those were just examples. It's gonna be very much dependant on which dogs I find cutest once I have the game.
  • WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    @Karlia you sound like me lol. I have no idea what breed I want to do either. I really adore Basenji's for small dogs. But then for large breeds there's a few that I like. I love coat varieties so I will probably go with something that gives me variety. Guess I will just have to wait and see what exactly the game offers me lol
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

@WinterKhirin At least you're registered and have a Kennel name already, I haven't even gotten that far. Though that's mostly because I want to register with the Sim's name (cause that's what I'm used to) and what kind of Sim I make depends on the dogs I'm gonna breed.
    Has anyone already started building their Kennel?
    @Karlia tbh i'm not sure either. I'm pretty certain it'll be Akita/Shiba, but i want to play around with TS4 before i make up my mind. I hope you find a good breed!

And i think i'm gonna start building the kennel today to pass time before the EP comes out.
    HV83B28.png
    I think I'm going to wait for the new items to come out and then build a bright and happy Kennel in Brindleton Bay. I might even decide to only breed small dogs (I wish there were medium dogs) but in a way, I would like to be able to enter as many shows as possible. All dogs can do obedience, not all can do Agility and even less can do other group-specific sports, so that's something I'm thinking about at the moment.
    So I started building my kennel without really having any idea how a kennel should look... but I was thinking a house, place for the dogs, a yard for them to train and play in + an office.
    Non-resized pictures below for the curious people. Not at all done yet.. having a lot of fun building it!
    O0qg5bk.jpg
    e5gJcdh.jpg
    4k8MYza.jpg
    8QjTI4h.jpg
    HV83B28.png
    @Bambooram That is gorgeous!~ I'm sure your pooches are going to love living there. :)

I'm also gonna wait for the pack and the patch before I start building any structures for my pups. Only five days left! ;0;
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
    @Bambooram That is gorgeous!~ I'm sure your pooches are going to love living there. :)

I'm also gonna wait for the pack and the patch before I start building any structures for my pups. Only five days left! ;0;

Thank you LemDoodle!
    Five days.... I know it's gonna go by fast, but I feel like today is taking forever. I just want to get my hands on that game right now!
    I wish they could release Create a Pet early. :D
    HV83B28.png
    @Bambooram Your kennel is awesome, it looks so rustic and cozy! I especially like the pond, it's really romantic and fits the house perfectly.

Mine is probably going to include a main house with the living quarters, office and a conservatory for the puppies, an annex with four kennels with room for a maximum of two dogs each, a separate building that can double as both indoor agility training room and show ring (If I can fit it on the lot and make it look good, that is) as well as a pool outside. I think I'm gonna build in the same style that most houses in Brindleton Bay have. I want to have a small area with a nice background for pictures as well, maybe I'll create a round dog pen for that so I can lock the door to prevent them from running all over the place when I want to take pictures of them. I want to start building already but it doesn't make much sense without the new stuff from the pack.

I'm thinking about a Kennel name, I think I want something with "White" in the name, like "White River Kennel", but again, not sure on that either. It all depends on the breeds :lol:
    @Bambooram Your kennel is awesome, it looks so rustic and cozy! I especially like the pond, it's really romantic and fits the house perfectly.

Awww thank you! I wanted to make the house + kennel match the Windenburg style.

I love hearing everyones plans. I'm so excited hahaha.

Also... what are you guys planning to do regarding the 8-sim limit? In TS3 i used mods... but i hear you can't edit sims in TS4 if you have more than 8 sims in your household. Are you just gonna keep it below 8? Or?
    HV83B28.png
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I'm probably going to download the "full house" mod which increases the household limit. If it doesn't work with pets, I'm gonna try the "Try for Baby in Larger Households" mod. And if that doesn't work either... i guess I'm doomed, since i want to start off with 6 corgi cardigans and that already will take up all of the slots :(
    Personally I'll be sticking with the household limit if I can help it! But before it's all over with I might end up using the Full House Mod as well, although @Koteyka I do think you're right that we can't edit the household if we use that mod. Not sure about the other one, though! :0

I'm liking y'all's plans so far! And I definitely can't wait to see what your kennels/setups wind up looking like. And of course I can't wait to see your puppies! *0* I might die from cuteness!!

Also @Karlia I saw you said that you do graphics and banners and stuff? Well I can't wait to see the stuff you'll put out, and any pages you might design! I'm a graphic artist myself, so designing the pages and whatnot is probably going to be one of my favorite parts of this whole thing!~
    @LemDoodle I'm not claiming to be particularly good at that stuff as I do not have a professional background and most of the time lack inspiration and creativity but sometimes I have sudden bursts of ideas that turn out somewhat okay. I mean, I can do it if no one else can but if I don't need to it's all the better for me. It was just an offer to help out a little as I can't do breed registries or host shows.

I think I'm gonna settle on White River Kennel(s) if the lot near the River in Brindleton Bay is either a 40 x 30 or 40 x 40. Can I somehow reserve the "WRK" prefix? I don't have a sim yet and I really want to use my sim's name to register. And does it make a difference whether it's Kennel or Kennels? I know one is plural but do people just choose one or is it influenced by the amount of actual buildings on the lot or something like that?

Sorry for the many questions, I'm just very excited.
    And does it make a difference whether it's Kennel or Kennels? I know one is plural but do people just choose one or is it influenced by the amount of actual buildings on the lot or something like that?

Sorry for the many questions, I'm just very excited.

This is what i found when searching kennel vs kennels and that's what i based my own decision on and chose "kennels" because i thought of it as a collection of building. :D but i think both is correct?
    "A kennel is a structure or shelter for dogs or cats. Used in the plural, the kennels, the term means any building, collection of buildings or a property in which dogs or cats are housed, maintained, and (though not in all cases) bred."
    HV83B28.png