Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Repairing Get To Work with mods?

GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
Hi people,

does anyone know good hacks or mods to make Get To Work more enjoyable? Specifically, these are my problems:

1) I built a retail store to sell one of my sims' handmade art, complete with a flat for her to live in on the upper floor. Then I discovered that unlike in TS2, you can't actually open a business on a home lot and had to move her to an empty lot across the street to give her an "official" home where she doesn't actually stay most of the time, but that's so silly! Mod, please?

2) That same sim is never actually there when I visit the shop as someone else, instead there's a complete stranger behind the counter who doesn't even work there. Mod, please?

3) When I buy an item from the store (again, as someone other than the shop owner), it's not restocked in-between loading screens, I have to play as the owner and restock it myself before I visit the shop again as a customer. Mod, please?

4) Aspiration reward potions cannot be sold for money. They can be put up for sale by the shop owner, and other sims can "buy" them, but they don't cost anything, and it doesn't make a difference if they were bought with aspiration points or taken from the debug catalogue. Mod, please?

5) Another sim of mine is a writer who uses the display shelf from GTW to, well, display her published works in her office. But when she has nothing else to do, she always puts the books away, and the only way to stop that would be to put the shelves behind walls. Mod, please?

Yes, I'm specifically asking for mods because I'm pretty sure there is no easy in-game solution to most of these problems. If there is, I'll gladly take that too. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Post edited by GrumpyGlowfish on

Comments

• ivyclariceivyclarice Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this is an old topic, but my wife and I would love any feedback anyone has on this subject. The medical career is especially brutal, and the NPC control in general is awful, but especially so for that career.