Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Fantasy writing/modelling comp

Comments

• Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited October 2017
    Sure can, Hoping you'd join us, @Bugsie2016 Rogues are my favourite characters in RPG's.

• Options
    jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    One more question!
    Since this is application / first round is the body shot the only image? Or are we supposed to have another image with them in their past?
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Oh I contradicted myself didn't I Jillie? **Slaps head** :/

Your character's full body shot for the application and the 1st assignment on your history background please.

I will clarify this in the instructions. I will create a character wall from the picture part of this assignment as well. The writing accompanying the same picture is assignment 1. Hope that clarifies it for you. @jilliebee22 :)

• Options
    Yes that does, thanks :)
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited October 2017
    Preferred Name: Bugsie
    Character Class: Rogue
    Character Race: Human
    Name of Character: Markus Costello
    Body Shot of your character on your history background:
    mIbwEPa.png
    And a more close up picture as in that one it is hard to see him properly:
    EV0tn1B.png
    Backstory:
    Markus was born into one of the most historically rich families in the country. He was raised to inherit the large fortune and marry someone his parents picked for him. Unfortunately, his parents died mysteriously when he was a teen so he was unable to inherit the large fortune. Instead, it was given to his Uncle to 'look after' until Markus was old enough to inherit it. But after a failed assasination attempt on his life, Markus fled into the countryside. He met up with a man who taught him how to steal to survive. The man died a few months after and Markus moved across the county, avoiding the richer areas as he is well known to those people through his parents. He keeps in the shadows and avoids too much talking. He knows how to fish and hunt to survive because of his parents.

He steals both when he needs it and when he needs something to do. He can't return home as he suspects his Uncle of being behind both his parents deaths and the assasination attempt on himself.

Hopefully I got what you meant by the historical picture. :#
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Yes, looks great, @Bugsie2016 The write up and creation of his history background by you, (the story part) is part of the first assignment so will be attached to the full body shot when you are ready.

My goodness you've been quick off the mark. I hope everyone else sees that this is now open and can join, including some for judging :)
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    Holy smokes, you're quick!
    I'm not even half way done my picture >_< Lol
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I didn't expect such a quick response either, @jilliebee22 but of course the writing is still to come, the judges and the rest of the characters, also, so there's likely to be quite a bit of time until all that is finalised.

Do you know of any other keen writers that might be interested? I know that most of the tag list are modellers, not all like writing comps so is there such a tag list for writers as well? I've added the info of this in the writing section, but only got Bugsie's attention. The messages move so quickly in that section.

• Options
    Yes this is true! Uhm, not really anyone left that I know of. I used to see a lot of modelers also do roleplaying, but other than Mz, I don't really know many people that do both.
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    Actually I think I'll request that the contestants add a closer shot of your characters' faces as I can then choose which is the best shot for the character class wall. So @jilliebee22 I'll add that to the application part.

• Options
    Okies! Does it have to be a different image, or just a cropped close up.
    Because my picture is rather large at the moment >_<
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    either/or is fine, thanks, @jilliebee22 :)

• Options
    SocallucyfanSocallucyfan Posts: 1,170 Member
    This sounds really interesting. I am a bit tied up right now, and finding time to go in game is not as easy as it used to be. But I would be interesting in judging, if you would have me. I am not the most experienced judge, but these writing type of comps are right up my alley.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I thought they might be, @Socallucyfan Judge or contestant, I would love to have you for either. There is plenty of time, since the other characters have not been filled as yet, but only just opened it yesterday. If you know anyone, that may be interested in either judge or contestant, please let them know, thanks.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Preferred Name// Jillie
    Character Class // Sorcerer
    Character Race // Tiefling
    Name of Character// Imara Keren
    Body Shot of your character on your history background:

hIrGId.png
    | Larger Size |

Close Up
    5AxaTz.png

// Write-Up to follow...
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    I have a quick question:
    Do we post the write ups here or can we write them on our blogs or whatever and link them?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @jilliebee22 such a gorgeous shot, nice.

Write them up here under your full body history shot, @Bugsie2016 They will be posted on my blog or somewhere else for judging purposes so they are all together for the judges. Of course we don't want a novel, but will leave it up to you, to judge how short or long it should be.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Ok, will do. :) I have another question (I don't want to get any of this wrong):
    What traits are needed for each class? I can't quite figure it out for myself.
  • Options
    fabtiffsimfabtiffsim Posts: 1,008 Member
    Aw @Jendowoz0612 this sounds RIGHT UP MY ALLEY but I'm already in two and it's too much ahaha!! oh I'm sad to say I'm going to have to pass on this one right now! But you've put in some incredible work already, it looks amazing!!
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    I'll be lurking! Unless I can be Mr. T as a Night Elf Mohawk. (Remember those commercials? lol)
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @fabtiffsim, because it is more about writing, there will be 10-14 days between each round. So if you want I can reserve you, because Fashion time warp will only be going for about the next couple of weeks with the finalists, and that one will then be finished. Have a think if you may be able to fit it in. It probably won't start officially until all places are filled and I have at least one more judge. :)

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Ok, will do. :) I have another question (I don't want to get any of this wrong):
    What traits are needed for each class? I can't quite figure it out for myself.

If you read the traits, it tells you which traits suit the different classes. Being a rogue, then charisma, constitution and most importantly dexterity. But the traits just give you a guideline according to the type of character when you are role-playing as your character, they are not crucial and don't necessarily need to be part of it. For example if you come across a locked door in the adventure, then there is only two classes that are likely to be able to get it open,

1. Barbarian or fighter through pure brute strength and force.

2. A rogue because the dexterity gives you the ability to pick locks, pick pockets, disarm traps etc.

So if in the story, the group wanted to get through a locked door quietly, you as a rogue would be the one that could do it most effectively.

• Options
    I think I get it. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Vanadis wrote: »
    I'll be lurking! Unless I can be Mr. T as a Night Elf Mohawk. (Remember those commercials? lol)

@Vanadis LOL Vana, you could be a barbarian, that would almost be the same sort of character and yes I remember the commercials LOL :D:D

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I think I get it. :)

...and @Bugsie2016 part of your history may include your character as a shady sort that robbed the rich, for example, or they might be a fast talker and negotiator to get the best prices for things, or even a grave robber, the possibilities are endless for every character.