Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Small Worlds?

wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
Is it just me or are the worlds too small to fit all of the venues? Does more space become unlocked? I am getting quite confused with how this is supposed to be played when my Sims want to visit venues that I have no room for in my 4 lot town.

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2017
    The worlds are indeed very small. However, you are not constrained to one neighborhood. You can visit any world -- except for the one that came with Outdoor Retreat -- at any time. Go to the main map. (Click on the second icon on the upper right.) From there, you can visit any lot within the world that your Sims are already living in. On the upper left click the icon and it will take you to a menu for all the worlds. Pick one.

If you have the base game only, you will only have a choice between Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest (which came in a free update).

Otherwise, I feel you completely. There have been several additional land masses added to the game and they are all tiny.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    I wish it was more open world too, the loading screens are terrible :s
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @wecantpickaname Are you trying to fit all venues in one world? I have just one library in my saves - it's in Windenburg. Sims who need a library go there. Sounds like you might need to something similar.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    There are multiple worlds all linked together and you can jump freely from each and edit each lot to your heart's content.
  • wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited October 2017
    Ah I see, Alan, luthienrising, Josie and Cynna.
    I really do like the The Sims 4. So far, this is the only thing that takes some getting used to.
    I kinda like the Sims 3 more in having free reign over the number of lots and venues in a world.
    Thanks for your advice.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    edited October 2017
    I recently turned Newcrest into the place wherein all such venues; library, museum, gym, lounge, spa, public pool, and about three restaurants (from diner to bar & grill, to fine dining) can be found. I placed houses in Willow Creek where such places used to be. I've been more busy playing the game, so I haven't yet deleted these venues from Desert Springs. I plan on leaving Windenburg pretty much alone, except for adding a house or two.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    I recently turned Newcrest into the place wherein all such venues; library, museum, gym, lounge, spa, public pool, and about three restaurants (from diner to bar & grill, to fine dining) can be found. I placed houses in Willow Creek where such places used to be. I've been more busy playing the game, so I haven't yet deleted these venues from Desert Springs. I plan on leaving Windenburg pretty much alone, except for adding a house or two.

I do something similar as well. I make Newcrest the "nightlife" area and put nightclubs, bars and fancy restaurants in that area.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I agree with the OP, the worlds are tiny. One of the many good things in TS2 is that wherever there is open land in a neighborhood you can place either a building of some sort or an empty lot to build on as you please without needing to sacrifice any existing lots. Any of them is therefore capable of having the full range of facilities. Having only 4 or 5 vacant lots is absurd, especially when the vacant land mass will generally take 3 times as many, if not more, depending on the neighborhood.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    They are tiny. I’m running out of space and I own everything the sims 4 has released
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited October 2017
    I prefer to use the smaller worlds for residential.