Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with just one household?

Or do you switch between multiple families?

I used to play with every family in the neighborhood in sims 2

but then in sims 3 I stuck to just one family.

I've been managing the world a lot lately and its made me think about how much i used to enjoy switching between families and wanted to see what others were experiencing.

Comments

• Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Same for me. In Sims 2 I'd switch between families, though even there I would have a favorite. But now in TS4 I haven't (seriously) played any other household after I got attached to the first one. :#
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    mandyyportomandyyporto Posts: 181 Member
    Oh no, I play with multiple families. I do gameplays and challenges, so that makes things fun while playing lol
    oau8f7.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I have various saves. I stick to one household in Random Legacy and ISBI games, but rotate in several others.
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I've been playing since Sims 1 first came out and always I was a single player household. Now I've switched to rotational play recently and I love it so much.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    It depends. I only really switch between households when they're a part of the same family, like when my Sims' kids move out.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I play with 12 Households, don't ask how I manage because not even I know :joy:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    95% of the time I'm playing the same household, I'd say.

I've tried starting up new ones and playing them, but whenever I find my main guy walking around town I always wish I were playing him instead... so I've just accepted that that is the way I like to play.

I think I'm going to put real effort into making and playing another sim who I'll be able to stick with, but no guarantees :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I never have one household
    I can play one for awhile, but eventually i'll play another one at some point, and so on
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I have had the same save/world since the game's debut in 2014! I play about 9 households and am constantly bouncing around creating stories from all my simmies who are very intertwined now in the family tree! Every now and then I go to the gallery to add new blood for my sims to be able to hook up with! It's my own Days of Our Lives I tell you!!!
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I've played one family per save since I started simming back when Sims 1 came out. Never played rotationally with Sims 2 or Sims 3. Now in sims 4 I have some saves that are just for rotational, but for the most part, I'm a one sim family player.
  • Options
    kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    I used to play multiples in TS2 too, but after TS3 I've stuck to being a one household player. I'll help extended family outside my household though.
  • Options
    mmickel95mmickel95 Posts: 30 Member
    I play with multiple families, but I have one that's my favorite
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    In 4 I just play one per save.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    edited October 2017
    I move around and I have a lot of different families I’ve created and get them to a certain stage and move to another family. Because I have aging off except for active family it helps to get them aged to about the same levels so the next generation is all ready to marry off and settle down. Right now I have tons of tots and kids, but some families have teens so I’m slowly but surely getting there with all of them.
    Post edited by Marktn on
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I play 17 households. Whenever I try to play just one household I get bored, and I also like playing the different neighborhoods.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    95% of the time I'm playing the same household, I'd say.

I've tried starting up new ones and playing them, but whenever I find my main guy walking around town I always wish I were playing him instead... so I've just accepted that that is the way I like to play.

I think I'm going to put real effort into making and playing another sim who I'll be able to stick with, but no guarantees :D

Same here. I'd like to try rotational sometime, but I just can't get away from generational play. I'd get too attached to one family and won't want to leave them.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2017
    In Sims 3 I did try to rotate but for that I ha to lean heavily on mods, especially the big one (can't for the life of me remember its name but it was huge and did a lot of things, and fixed alot of things as well) that gave us more control over the whole neighbourhood and such. But I never did rotate more than 2-3 and that usually within the same family as the progeny moved out.

In this game. It's much easier and more fun to rotate. And I feel that I don't get much anxiety as I did when I was playing Sims 3. I don't over control my Sims and let them do a lot on autonomy (unless they need to skill up or don't meet their needs) BUT I do need to have control over the surrounding world and for example, uncontrolled babymakers gave me not so good feels.

But this game so much easier and relaxing, although there are a lot I miss from Sims 3 like in gossip, a spouse could find about infidelity from someone else. But in this game, for instance, I have no need for mods (yet) except the no cull mod.

But I have to say that after adding the City living and Get Together expansion along with Dine out and Bowling packs (I splurged a bit because it was my birthday this week), things have gotten a bit complicated and giving me a trouble in choosing. OHMYGODSOMANYNEWINTERESTINGHOUSEHOLDS!!!!

My potential households to add to my rotational play has expanded expanensionally and I feel a bit lost. I want to play them all, especially in the city and at least 2 in Windenburg :lol:

BUT right now I am still limiting myself with my normal 5 household; 2 made by me, the Goths, the Zest and the Pancakes.

I stay in each household a week and longer if there is a certain things I want to finish first. I have aging off except in the household I currently play so rotating evenly is important. At some point I will turn the aging on worldwide so I wont end up with eternal townies and service npcs. Or start with mass murder. Either way, anyway.

Regarding the new households. I think I let my current rotational households get to know the inhabitants of the new neighbourhoods first to get the feel of them before deciding anything. But I will probably limit myself to maybe 7-8 household in rotation. And I thinking about dropping and marking the Pancakes as unplayed household altogether as I have gotten them the son I wanted for them which leaves room for another household. I may even drop one of my own created player household and let them fend for themselves.

But I estimate 7-8 household in rotation is enough for me.
  • Options
    mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    I play 17 households. Whenever I try to play just one household I get bored, and I also like playing the different neighborhoods.

Yasss... 17! i'm inspired...

• Options
    mayraymayray Posts: 1,426 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    In Sims 3 I did try to rotate but for that I ha to lean heavily on mods, especially the big one (can't for the life of me remember its name but it was huge and did a lot of things, and fixed alot of things as well) that gave us more control over the whole neighbourhood and such. But I never did rotate more than 2-3 and that usually within the same family as the progeny moved out.

In this game. It's much easier and more fun to rotate. And I feel that I don't get much anxiety as I did when I was playing Sims 3. I don't over control my Sims and let them do a lot on autonomy (unless they need to skill up or don't meet their needs) BUT I do need to have control over the surrounding world and for example, uncontrolled babymakers gave me not so good feels.

But this game so much easier and relaxing, although there are a lot I miss from Sims 3 like in gossip, a spouse could find about infidelity from someone else. But in this game, for instance, I have no need for mods (yet) except the no cull mod.
    e.

I could have quoted your whole post because it all felt like how i could see myself enjoying this game but this sentence about how "relaxing" this newest version of the sims is, resonated. I'm starting to feel the ability to not micromanage everything but maybe i need to mess with the aging of other sims . not having ageing on but current house hold sounds like the way to go.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    yes and i never switch i stick to the same household in my game.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    edited October 2017
    Only one household, however, every now and then I will decorate my neighbor's homes :). I'm kind of a decorating fanatic
    Post edited by Haimona on
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I have 4 households at the moment. Soon I will have 5.
    2 of them are my main households, with them I play more often.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    DarkwingzDarkwingz Posts: 83 Member
    Once I have a TS4 Build up, I usually follow up with a new family to inhabit that house.
    I just haven't gotten to a free version for my latest free build, or one made with my current packs.
    My favorites would have to be my happy family of vampires, who I should probably make sure are still not stupid enough to be burned to death...and age up their cranky little toddler. Eventually.
    You can search for my builds with EA Account ID: MASTERDARKWINGZ
    No longer taking build requests/questions, sorry.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    If auto aging is on (which it usually is when I play) I stick with one family. Not one household necessarily but one family. If children move out but their parents stay I play two households until the parents die.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I play with at least 30 households, in just one save. Aging is off, so I don’t need to worry about anyone dying on me or anything.

Back when I first started playing TS4, I’d begin plenty of saves where I’d only play with one single household and never rotate, but it grew boring, so I decided to change things up with my “main” save (which has been ongoing for almost a couple of years now).

Since I started rotating, things have gotten a lot more fun and interesting. A lot of one single family and all of its branches have taken over my worlds, but I still have quite a few unrelated households and families that reside within them that I play as well.