Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Pets?

Anyone know if there are going to be vampire pets? Or drinking plasma from dogs?

Comments

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Nothings been confirmed but I highly doubt they would add those in. Or make drinking plasma from pets a thing either. It’s one thing to drink from sims but vampires drinking from pets is a whole other battle.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There can be ghost pets.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Nothings been confirmed but I highly doubt they would add those in. Or make drinking plasma from pets a thing either. It’s one thing to drink from sims but vampires drinking from pets is a whole other battle.

Why?
    More graphical yes
    But less tragic result than make plasma packs from fishes or frog
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Currently, vampires can only drink from adults and teens...who are all the same height....so one animation. Leaving aside the fact that I don't think they'd have vampires drinking blood from puppies and kittens anyway, but I doubt they'd spend the time and money to do all those animations as you have multiple sizes of dogs and cats.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Well... there's ghost pets... Other than that... Pets associated with vampires are big black dogs and black cats (well the latter only really in Halloween decorations but anyway). And black horses, but we're not getting those.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member

You might be a big pet lover, just like I am, but keep in mind that vampires are sadist creatures that require blood to survive, if it doesn't bother them to drink from humans, it wouldn't bother them to drink from pets either.
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are going to be vampire pets? Or drinking plasma from dogs?

Like a Vampire dog (the chupacabra)? As interesting as a Simmed chupacabra might be, I seriously doubt it. Both the animation would be all wonky (pet stretching out to the height of the Sim), and the sight of a dog biting your Sim on the neck might be too disturbing for some Simmers (EA's rules, not mine). I don't see your chupacabra being added to the Sims... ever. Sorry.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Not going to happen.

Ghost dogs are possible because ghosts were patched in the base game. Since they are in the base game files ( like toddlers with the patch ), everyone has ghosts.

Vampires on the other hand is optional content and not everyone has the pack. The developers won't spend the time and money on a feature like that when not everyone will have access to use it.
    Yoko2112 wrote: »

You might be a big pet lover, just like I am, but keep in mind that vampires are sadist creatures that require blood to survive, if it doesn't bother them to drink from humans, it wouldn't bother them to drink from pets either.

"I might suck the life out of you or use my superhuman abilities to terrorize and kill innocent people but touching cats or dogs is too far dude"
    ( Not to mention that vampires can't directly kill Sims from drinking too much plasma )

But seriously, I never got behind this mindset that no harm can be done to animals in video games while it's ok for humans to be killed in some of the most gruesome ( and creative ) ways possible.
    It's both not reality and in most cases necessary for the player's survival in these games. I would never go trophy hunting or kill an animal just for the heck of it IRL and only ever attack or kill one if they attack me and I am in danger with no way to avoid a fight. I do squash the occasional mosquito but that's about it and most of the time just a reflex because of me feeling them on my skin.

However if I play a survival game and feel like I could use some extra meat or an MMO where a special item drops only from this one deer, yes I will probably harm or kill some virtual animals. I also love playing Pokémon and although Pokémon are already very different from real world animals in a lot of ways even if they weren't, I wouldn't start making animals fight each other IRL because I do it in the games.

I feel like it's really hard for people to distinguish between reality and the game in these situations and it's very frustrating.

Where's the "I agree so much oh my god" button when you need it? You and me have the same opinion on that topic, I don't think that everybody should start crying because they saw some virtual cats and dogs die.
    And just like I said, most vampires don't care how they do it or on who they do it, they just do it, they need blood to survive, and if they're thirsty for it, nothing can stop them to get a nearby cat or dog.

(WARNING: KIND OF DIFFERENT TOPIC, PLEASE SKIP IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED)
    Vampires are just like us, we kill chicken, pigs, etc etc to survive and not die by hunger, not everybody is vegetarian, not everybody is vegan, some of us are "carnivore" (only eat meat, i guess i couldn't find another word), like me for example, i almost never eat veggies or stuff like that.

But anyway, back to the topic.
    Imagine you were a vampire, you were lost in a forest, dying of thirst, there were NO sources whatsoever of plasma, no plasma trees, no plasma fruits, no plasma packs, and no other humans around to feast on, but suddenly you see a cat, or a dog. What do you do? Do you stand there dumbly, dying of thirst because "you didn't want to drink a few blood from a pet"? Or do you avoid your ultimate death by taking a bite out of the pet's blood? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

As of vampire dogs and cats, I like the idea, we've never had supernatural pets in sims besides unicorns, wolfs(not really magical nor supernatural) and spectral cats, which are not very supernatural, they're more "magical" and "mythical".
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    Okay, this is getting just a tad ridiculous. Vampires are not the only "sadistic" creatures populating the Sims. Some Simmers deliberately starve characters to death (not my thing but to each their own) to further story or get rid of an annoying NPC. My Vampires take no pleasure in having to subsist on plasma and will not drink from a Sim without permission. Ever. (Sort of the opposite of sadism, no?). In fact, with one exception, my Vampires had the curse forced on them in the first place and suffer terrible guilt and sadness as a result (guilty drinker and eternal sadness are two of many weaknesses a player must chose from as their Vampire levels in rank, for those who don't own the pack).

As for pets with vampire powers, I don't see that happening. Ghosts are one thing, but the coding involved for Sim Vampires is complicated enough, and since pets have full autonomy, developing their powers and keeping them alive during the day would probably cause the game to implode.

And drinking plasma from a dog or cat? My mundane Sims go fishing and cook their catch, but they would not chop up Rex for their next cook out :* Besides in traditional Vampire lore (talking Bram Stoker here), Vampires take on the form of wolves. Other players might choose differently, but my Vampires would treat a dog as more than a mere pet.

Yes fish and frogs can be turned into plasma packs. Fish can also be eaten or turned into trophies. And what do you suppose happens to all those frogs that get donated to the science lab? I don't think they live happily ever after. But that is life. And that is what makes the Sims so wonderful. Every player gets to chose what kind of world they want their creations to live in.

Yes, it is "just a game," and that is why the blanket judgments like, vampires are all sadistic creatures, fails to take into account the different play styles and choices of other players. If you want a Sim world populated by evil vampires terrorizing the populace by night and eating kittens for breakfast, than ask the developers to give you the option. I wouldn't chose it, but I also wouldn't pass judgment on you for it. In fact I might find it funny (I have a very morbid sense of humor).

Oh, and if one of my Vampires was trapped in the woods with no access to plasma packs or fruit, he would build himself a coffin and enter a state of hibernation >:)
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Mellonuial wrote: »
    Oh, and if one of my Vampires was trapped in the woods with no access to plasma packs or fruit, he would build himself a coffin and enter a state of hibernation >:)

This...

Mylita

No friends requests, please.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Chupacabra are not vampire dogs they were merely considered that because they would attack Farmer's goats and sheep they are actually rabid wild dogs. The dog is merely a distorted story passed around.

However, Vampires usually had wolves as pets. Though since this a game you can do whatever you please.

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I was hoping that at least we would get glowing eyes and mangy furs. Maybe they're saving those things for if/when werewolves come out?

Now I'm just hoping the CC creators give us something in the meantime.
    #Team Occult
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    not that it's even remotely related to...wherever this thread has gone, now... but vampire vets can extract plasma packs from pets at the surgery table. so there's *some* interaction
    edited November 2017
    Just a little question, how could a vampire, weakened by his thirst, with no tools or experience in woodcarving build a coffin out of a sudden?
    It's pretty logical here, you have food right in front of you, but you choose to try to attempt to make a coffin for yourself, which would have the chance of 98% of failing, since again, no tools, no experience, thirsty, no help from anybody else, no long time until you die by thirst.
    Also, forgot to mention, it would ALSO take time for you to make the coffin, which will result in you dying by thirst in that time, since you see, sims do take a time to build, craft or paint things, so.
    Even though I HATE killing animals, like everyone does, I keep in mind that this is just a game, and nobody gets harmed (except very sensitive people, lol) while that is happeing.
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Just a little question, how could a vampire, weakened by his thirst, with no tools or experience in woodcarving build a coffin out of a sudden?
    It's pretty logical here, you have food right in front of you, but you choose to try to attempt to make a coffin for yourself, which would have the chance of 98% of failing, since again, no tools, no experience, thirsty, no help from anybody else, no long time until you die by thirst.
    Also, forgot to mention, it would ALSO take time for you to make the coffin, which will result in you dying by thirst in that time, since you see, sims do take a time to build, craft or paint things, so.
    Even though I HATE killing animals, like everyone does, I keep in mind that this is just a game, and nobody gets harmed (except very sensitive people, lol) while that is happeing.

I suppose the vampire could bury itself in a shallow grave instead. :D
    #Team Occult
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    No vampire cats or dogs, and you can't drink plasma from them directly, but you can extract plasma packs from them using the surgery machine. The animal doesn't even get an unhappy moodlet.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    No vampire cats or dogs, and you can't drink plasma from them directly, but you can extract plasma packs from them using the surgery machine. The animal doesn't even get an unhappy moodlet.

Really?
    If Vampires GP is installed, surgery machine has this option?
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I thought the title of this thread meant "pets for vampires", in which case I'd say GHOST PETS, THEY DON'T DIE ANYMORE, but heck, I might as well stay on topic too.

I have literally never heard of cats and dogs being actual vampires. Sure would be awesome if they could at least have glowy eyes though, especially the cats. Maybe it's saved for the werewolf pack? Who knows.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    LiELF wrote: »

I suppose the vampire could bury itself in a shallow grave instead. :D

That could be an option, but it digs up (pun) the zombie concept too much. :D
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited November 2017
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »

Really?
    If Vampires GP is installed, surgery machine has this option?

Only if your vet is a vampire. But yes, it's there. First time I saw that, I burst out laughing because it was so unexpected.

Edit: Hold on, I'll get a screenie. I had quit playing that save because of vampire bugs, but it's definitely there.

Another edit: It still makes me laugh.

VXNUIJx.png
    Post edited by Felicity on