Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We still need separate foundations!

13...Next

Comments

• sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    I am all for more build options since that is the way I play the sims 4. If I want simulation I go for the sims 2. However, I am rediscovering so many ways to build in the sims 2 I am finding myself building less in 4 now.
    I love to build beach houses on slopes with their own docks and all and would PAY to have a pack that bring it all to the sims 4.
    As it is now, the sims 4 has less build options than even freeplay and that is just sad so I agree with this 100%!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I can agree with that. I'd like green houses and shed on ground level seeing all of either I ever had in real life were on ground level - but I like my sims houses with a foundation and nice porch. So I do hope that changes as it's aggravating.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Hope this thread gets someones attention! Help us make build mode better by letting us choose where we want foundations.
    Also, more stair case options. Please?
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hope this thread gets someones attention! Help us make build mode better by letting us choose where we want foundations.
    Also, more stair case options. Please?

They have already said they are working on stair options. There was a poll for them a month ago also - but there is a lot of work that goes into stair - animation, programming and such that takes engineers etc as each kind is different - but they have some in the plans for the future as well as a ton of other build mode stuff.

On a good note we got free sliding doors today. They are nice - just saw them in the live stream.

I have not heard anything on foundations though - We can hope though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    This is all we need!!
    wMFEab9.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I totally agree with this. I wonder if they can come out with some kind of tool where you determine a foundation height, and then you click on the building that you wish to apply the foundation height to.

I see you guys have brought up the idea of new stairs. I would like to see an L shaped staircase and a U shaped staircase. That would make my house designs much better.

Although on a positive note, today's update looks pretty good.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Yes!! I really miss having different levels of buildings on the same property. Don't get me wrong, I love playing TS4 but the building part of the game feels like it's been a bit neglected when it comes to the foundations and stairs part.