Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All I want for Christmas is...

2...Next

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2017
    jimjam1009 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    a werewolves GP o:)

my number 1 wish in this game

my number 1 is Sorcerers, but right now I can see a werewolves GP being the easiest to create.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    Guys, why would seasons come in individual game packs?...

That would be way too expensive. Game packs are $20. If each season came in its own game pack, the full experience would cost $80. That's literally twice the amount that a full expansion pack costs. Nobody, except for a handful of people, would be willing to pay that much.

I know that EA likes to milk its customers and whatnot, but that would be shooting themselves in the foot big time.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yelleb wrote: »

That would be way too expensive. Game packs are $20. If each season came in its own game pack, the full experience would cost $80. That's literally twice the amount that a full expansion pack costs. Nobody, except for a handful of people, would be willing to pay that much.

I know that EA likes to milk its customers and whatnot, but that would be shooting themselves in the foot big time.

Yeah. Plus, Seasons wouldn't function properly as separate packs. I could see MAYBE, adding activities in separate Stuff Packs, but Seasons can't be split up and expect that to run properly together like actual seasons do
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

That's like saying nobody would pay that much for a single $20 supernatural life state when we got them as expansion features in the past. But they will people bought Vampires those same people will buy Witches(survey option) and what ever else supernatural comes out after that and not think twice about how much extra they really are paying.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2017
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

That's like saying nobody would pay that much for a single $20 supernatural life state when we got them as expansion features in the past. But they will people bought Vampires those same people will buy Witches(survey option) and what ever else supernatural comes out after that and not think twice about how much extra they really are paying.
    If individual season gamepacks provide the sort of improved experience that the Vampire pack gave us then yes I would gladly shell out $80US for four sesonal gamepacks.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    People will pay it because the wait between EPs is so long and they are desperate for content. It wouldn't surprise me if seasons come in a game pack(s) but I hope that's not the case.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    All I want for Christmas is a Mistletoe Gameplay Object in the Holiday Content Update.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Considering the nature and programming requirements of Seasons I would be VERY surprised if they came in multiple packs.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Weather was something different to Seasons.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    I hate waiting too but I think I'm with the camp that would rather it be an EP. For me, toddlers were so worth the wait. They're so much deeper and more expansive than previous versions. I don't want them to rush seasons just like I didn't want them to rush cats & dogs. I agree with many, I wish we could get to a stage in this series where these sorts of things could come in a base game so the expansions could all be new content, etc. But if we have to wait, at least they've given me enough with toddlers to trust that all of the other things we have to wait for will be worth the wait in the end. Sometimes being patient is super hard though!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    I still say they can do a season per...well, season. Put FALL out now as a free download. If they put all that toddler stuff out and toddlers out as a free download, they can do seasons by season free download.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
    There is no way we will get Seasons for free. EA are a business and giving us full fledged seasons would not be in their interests. There's a world of difference between toddlers and Seasons. Had toddlers been chargeable there would have been an uproar and quite rightly considering it was a missing life stage we got for free in previous games. We have never had Seasons free in previous games.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @MidnightAura It concerns me how a lot of ideas are being scaled down into smaller Game Packs. I see the logic in them but they will never be the same as an actual EP!

I agree. What's more frightening though is that some people are happy for things to be reduced to game packs. I like game packs but they are not a patch on a full expansion but sadly game packs have been better than many of the expansions for the game.

Yes! I fully support Game Packs and would happily bump them up to 3 a year. Expansions are huge and costly, too big to fail. They have something sweet and something deviant, a little bit for everyone in the hope that everyone will buy them. Game Packs are smaller and dare to go out on a limb, we would never have gotten truly scary vampires in an expansion. Or at least that is what I believe. Expansions gives us supernaturals like aliens and then I would much prefer the vampires getting their own Game Pack.

So I take a completely different view on this. Bring on the Game Packs and make them deep and focused on one theme.

To me your statement sounds a bit like "I think the Game Packs have been better products but I don't want them to make more of them, lets do more expansions which have been less satisfying to me".

So yeah, Game Packs have been really good, this year especially. Please make more stuff that I like.
    @MidnightAura It concerns me how a lot of ideas are being scaled down into smaller Game Packs. I see the logic in them but they will never be the same as an actual EP!

I agree. What's more frightening though is that some people are happy for things to be reduced to game packs. I like game packs but they are not a patch on a full expansion but sadly game packs have been better than many of the expansions for the game.

Yes! I fully support Game Packs and would happily bump them up to 3 a year. Expansions are huge and costly, too big to fail. They have something sweet and something deviant, a little bit for everyone in the hope that everyone will buy them. Game Packs are smaller and dare to go out on a limb, we would never have gotten truly scary vampires in an expansion. Or at least that is what I believe. Expansions gives us supernaturals like aliens and then I would much prefer the vampires getting their own Game Pack.

So I take a completely different view on this. Bring on the Game Packs and make them deep and focused on one theme.

To me your statement sounds a bit like "I think the Game Packs have been better products but I don't want them to make more of them, lets do more expansions which have been less satisfying to me".

So yeah, Game Packs have been really good, this year especially. Please make more stuff that I like.

What I mean is I like the game packs I do - but I don't think they are suitable for seasons. Game packs like you say tend to be focused around one theme. Seasons I feel are too big for a game pack. Well seasons done right anyway. Unless seasons are divided into game packs and I think that would be a cash grab. I would have more game packs over stuff packs.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

What I mean is I like the game packs I do - but I don't think they are suitable for seasons. Game packs like you say tend to be focused around one theme. Seasons I feel are too big for a game pack. Well seasons done right anyway. Unless seasons are divided into game packs and I think that would be a cash grab. I would have more game packs over stuff packs.

Ha ha :) I agree with you on the more game packs over stuff packs but I will take what I can get.

Hmm... it depends on how they plan it. Is it a big Seasons-Expansion with winter and all of that and then perhaps a GP with "Storms and horrible weather"? For me Seasons will be a game changer so if they believe the best result would come from GP:s then I would be happy with that. The survey had a GP with Summer + Winter, that would leave one GP for Spring+Fall. It would up to one years and leave the Expansion for a different theme. A expansion for Seasons would not be wrong, not at all. The club-system from GT was amazing and transformed my game. I am just open to the idea of seasons being presented in the GP-format.

The only thing I would actually prefer to get in Game Packs are supernaturals. Expansions and Basegame so far are aliens and ghosts. Now I <3 Sims 4, it opened up a new world for me and I played through a large part of it with my lovable ghost-sim. I still really like my ghosts but I envy the Sims 3-players who have old ghosts from past played sims haunting their sims and actually being scary. Not only making the TV jump up and down or breaking stuff. I can be wrong but my belief is that expansions and base game will only permit rather bland supernaturals, so as not to scare off the people who does not want them. That is a vaild playstyle of course but I feel like it really doesn't make anyone happy. The players who would rather not have them ingame have to deal with supernaturals walking about and those like me who really wish to have them end up getting a milder version. Or I sure wouldn't say no to being able to "Summon a meteor to fall at their targeted location" with my Sims 4 alien. I know that there were much more to the Sims 3 ghosts than the Sims 4 version and I guess that the same applies for aliens.

Ha ha :) I agree with you on the more game packs over stuff packs but I will take what I can get.

Hmm... it depends on how they plan it. Is it a big Seasons-Expansion with winter and all of that and then perhaps a GP with "Storms and horrible weather"? For me Seasons will be a game changer so if they believe the best result would come from GP:s then I would be happy with that. The survey had a GP with Summer + Winter, that would leave one GP for Spring+Fall. It would up to one years and leave the Expansion for a different theme. A expansion for Seasons would not be wrong, not at all. The club-system from GT was amazing and transformed my game. I am just open to the idea of seasons being presented in the GP-format.

The only thing I would actually prefer to get in Game Packs are supernaturals. Expansions and Basegame so far are aliens and ghosts. Now I <3 Sims 4, it opened up a new world for me and I played through a large part of it with my lovable ghost-sim. I still really like my ghosts but I envy the Sims 3-players who have old ghosts from past played sims haunting their sims and actually being scary. Not only making the TV jump up and down or breaking stuff. I can be wrong but my belief is that expansions and base game will only permit rather bland supernaturals, so as not to scare off the people who does not want them. That is a vaild playstyle of course but I feel like it really doesn't make anyone happy. The players who would rather not have them ingame have to deal with supernaturals walking about and those like me who really wish to have them end up getting a milder version. Or I sure wouldn't say no to being able to "Summon a meteor to fall at their targeted location" with my Sims 4 alien. I know that there were much more to the Sims 3 ghosts than the Sims 4 version and I guess that the same applies for aliens.

I agree about super naturals. I didn't on release but I admit that vampires are very well done. I don't really get ghosts in the sims 4, like you say they aren't scary, they are just very pale sims. I wish they were a bit more like the sims 3 and even 2. They could scare people to death. Ditto aliens! Plus like you say for those that don't want supernaturals they can opt out. I bought vampires for the decor mainly lol

Maybe two game pack for seasons could work, wouldn't be my first choice but it's a better option than one per season. I guess time will tell what happens!
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I would like this too! I really hope seasons is the next expansion pack i cant wait another 2 years for it!

Same. I wish we had it before Cat and dogs.