Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script Mods Not Working

Comments

• aafasonaafason Posts: 14 New Member
    Being that I didn't receive anymore help, on my problem. I had to find a way to fix it myself, and I've learned that running your Sims 4 on 32 bit causes crashes, and doesn't allow you to have script mods. So what I did, being my computer was in 32 bit mode, I reinstalled windows to 64 bit system. And I could now get script mods, and my game stopped crashing. So if you're having that problem you could either switch your game to 32 bit if you're 64 bit, or if your computer is in 32 bit, you could reinstall windows for 64 bit. That should maybe help if nothing else is working, because I know I searched everywhere for a fix including here and found little help. Anyways, happy simming :))
  • Maya1111Maya1111 Posts: 1 New Member
    hey
  • Alltoowell32Alltoowell32 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi, hopefully someone could help me since I have been trying to fix this issue for 4 days. I played my game on Monday just fine. I had script mods disabled and I decided I wanted to download Andrew's pose player so I turned it on. After I turned it on, my game now crashes. It will get to the screen that says Sims 4 and after about 30 seconds, it crashes. I have reinstalled my game and origin, repaired it, ran the MCD, updated S4S and ran batch fixes, and still nothing. I took my mods folder out and put it on my desktop and still nothing. I haven't downloaded anything except the pose player and teleporter so NO it is not a piece of Sims 3 or Sims 2 CC. I had never had this issue before when script mods were enabled. My virus protection is not the issue either.
  • BeastBeast Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi Im on a mac and I've got VLC so when i download It comes up with a picture of VLC I've tried uninstalling it but it dosent work
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Beast wrote: »
    Hi Im on a mac and I've got VLC so when i download It comes up with a picture of VLC I've tried uninstalling it but it dosent work

Hello
    It may be best to post about your issues on a thread in the Sims 4 Mac section of the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
    Simmers there will offer help
    Because you are a new menber, you are unable to start your own thread, but you can post on a thread that has already been started by another simmer.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    aafason wrote: »
    Being that I didn't receive anymore help, on my problem. I had to find a way to fix it myself, and I've learned that running your Sims 4 on 32 bit causes crashes, and doesn't allow you to have script mods. So what I did, being my computer was in 32 bit mode, I reinstalled windows to 64 bit system. And I could now get script mods, and my game stopped crashing. So if you're having that problem you could either switch your game to 32 bit if you're 64 bit, or if your computer is in 32 bit, you could reinstall windows for 64 bit. That should maybe help if nothing else is working, because I know I searched everywhere for a fix including here and found little help. Anyways, happy simming :))

Sims 4 is a 64 bit game now - so you have to run on 64 bit. You can no longer run in 32 bit. They up it right around the time Cats and Dogs came out. You also need at east 8 gigs of ram now - I run 16gigs of ram.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Hi, hopefully someone could help me since I have been trying to fix this issue for 4 days. I played my game on Monday just fine. I had script mods disabled and I decided I wanted to download Andrew's pose player so I turned it on. After I turned it on, my game now crashes. It will get to the screen that says Sims 4 and after about 30 seconds, it crashes. I have reinstalled my game and origin, repaired it, ran the MCD, updated S4S and ran batch fixes, and still nothing. I took my mods folder out and put it on my desktop and still nothing. I haven't downloaded anything except the pose player and teleporter so NO it is not a piece of Sims 3 or Sims 2 CC. I had never had this issue before when script mods were enabled. My virus protection is not the issue either.

You need to check the status of that mod as a lot of mods and CC were broken when they did all the recoding for Seasons and the patches. I know one of the pose players were on the list as broken - but not sure which ones. I don't use mods and CC in a developing game due to issues like yours. I know they have list at modthesims, Simvip, and Sims community to the status of various mods and some CC. Hopefully you can find your mod on one of the lists.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

You need to check the status of that mod as a lot of mods and CC were broken when they did all the recoding for Seasons and the patches. I know one of the pose players were on the list as broken - but not sure which ones. I don't use mods and CC in a developing game due to issues like yours. I know they have list at modthesims, Simvip, and Sims community to the status of various mods and some CC. Hopefully you can find your mod on one of the lists.

We have a master list on our forums too, see page 1 of the thread:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch/p1
  • Alltoowell32Alltoowell32 Posts: 10 New Member
    [quote="Writin_Reg;c-16593573"][quote="Alltoowell32;c-16588289"]Hi, hopefully someone could help me since I have been trying to fix this issue for 4 days. I played my game on Monday just fine. I had script mods disabled and I decided I wanted to download Andrew's pose player so I turned it on. After I turned it on, my game now crashes. It will get to the screen that says Sims 4 and after about 30 seconds, it crashes. I have reinstalled my game and origin, repaired it, ran the MCD, updated S4S and ran batch fixes, and still nothing. I took my mods folder out and put it on my desktop and still nothing. I haven't downloaded anything except the pose player and teleporter so NO it is not a piece of Sims 3 or Sims 2 CC. I had never had this issue before when script mods were enabled. My virus protection is not the issue either.[/quote]

You need to check the status of that mod as a lot of mods and CC were broken when they did all the recoding for Seasons and the patches. I know one of the pose players were on the list as broken - but not sure which ones. I don't use mods and CC in a developing game due to issues like yours. I know they have list at modthesims, Simvip, and Sims community to the status of various mods and some CC. Hopefully you can find your mod on one of the lists.[/quote]

I have the updated version of Pose player. It says only icons were missing. I yesterday I went from 27,000 pieces of CC to 2,000 and I’m still unable to run my game of script mods is turned on. I’ve never had this issue before now. I’ve literally tried every fix. Recently after it crashed it says the application ts4_x64 or something failed and Ned’s to terminate. I did everything google said to fix that too
    @Alltoowell32 this may be a long shot but, is your game set up for 64bit mode? In "My Game Library" in Origin, right click on the game and choose "Game Properties", then "Advanced Launch Options". Under "When Launching this Game" it should say "The Sims 4 64 bit". It could be that you are in 32-bit mode.
  • ashlynjadeeashlynjadee Posts: 1 New Member
    I downloaded sims 4 career mods and put them into my mods folder and they’re coming up on the game but in the custom content group. I have script mods and CC enabled but the script mods won’t work in game.
    I downloaded sims 4 career mods and put them into my mods folder and they’re coming up on the game but in the custom content group. I have script mods and CC enabled but the script mods won’t work in game.

Hello @ashlynjadee
    Try checking on the site where you downloaded the mods from, what is the installation instructions. If the file is zipped, you would need to unzip the folder.
    With script mods, they can’t be more than one folder level down in your mods folder. You need to place the script mods either directly into the mods folder, or only in one level/folder in the mods folder.

For example, with the MCCC mod you can have
    Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods-MCCC
    But you can’t have Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods- Script mods- MCCC
  • angrypigangrypig Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi i have a problem that every time i put in a script mod and it shows an error message saying failed to load the game error code 3 any help please? I know i can fix the error by just removing the script mods but i really wanted them in the game.
    angrypig wrote: »
    Hi i have a problem that every time i put in a script mod and it shows an error message saying failed to load the game error code 3 any help please? I know i can fix the error by just removing the script mods but i really wanted them in the game.

Double check that the mod is up to date. Many Mods were broken with the June patch and have since been updated, some multiple times. Go back to the site where you downloaded the script Mod and if it has been updated, delete the old Mod completely before downloading the new one.
  • AriadnelAriadnel Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > angrypig wrote: »
    >
    > Hi i have a problem that every time i put in a script mod and it shows an error message saying failed to load the game error code 3 any help please? I know i can fix the error by just removing the script mods but i really wanted them in the game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Double check that the mod is up to date. Many Mods were broken with the June patch and have since been updated, some multiple times. Go back to the site where you downloaded the script Mod and if it has been updated, delete the old Mod completely before downloading the new one.

Hi, same problem here but with up to date mods '🐸🐸🐸🐸, Basemental Drugs, Road to Fame and MC Commander). Tried to play in 32bit and 64bit, to rename my folder in english from Les Sims 4 to The Sims 4, still no luck. Has anyone got an idea ?
    edited July 2018
    Ariadnel wrote: »
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > angrypig wrote: »
    >
    > Hi i have a problem that every time i put in a script mod and it shows an error message saying failed to load the game error code 3 any help please? I know i can fix the error by just removing the script mods but i really wanted them in the game.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Double check that the mod is up to date. Many Mods were broken with the June patch and have since been updated, some multiple times. Go back to the site where you downloaded the script Mod and if it has been updated, delete the old Mod completely before downloading the new one.

Hi, same problem here but with up to date mods '🐸🐸🐸🐸, Basemental Drugs, Road to Fame and MC Commander). Tried to play in 32bit and 64bit, to rename my folder in english from Les Sims 4 to The Sims 4, still no luck. Has anyone got an idea ?

Hello @Ariadnel
    When you remove the mods/cc does that stop the error message appearing?
    If it does, try testing the mods /Cc one by one to see which is causing the issue.

If the error Message still appears without mods/cc in the game, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Hi I'm so sorry I took so long to answer, I didn't get a notification that I got one. So yeah, I posted the full details of my problem on another thread in this forum, and here are the details of my problem, but first, know this :

+ All my mods are up to date
    + My Sims 4 game is up to date (1.45.62.1020)
    + The problem is encountered with any script mod (MCC, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Basemental Drugs...)
    + The issue with code 3 error seems to have disappeared since last time but I don't know why/how

Description of the issue step by step :

- On lauching the game, everything seems normal. I begin a new save with a new household, my wicked accessories appears etc so the script is recognized.
    - When I hit the check mark to proceed, I have to chose a season.
    - When I chose a season, I have to chose a parcel to make my sim live. The family funds are 0$ so it can't move anywhere, and the picture on the down left is gone/greyed (a blue/grey square)
    - On clicking on any parcel, I'm back to chose a season or to the CAS to make a new family... It loops

I tried this :

- Mods desactivated : create a family and place it somewhere. Everyting ok this far.
    - I save, activate the mods, restart the game
    - Mods activated : I want to chose my family precedently created, but I'm back to chose a season/to make a sim in the CAS

The things I tried with the game, the mods and EA folder themselves :

- Restart the game
    - Restart the computer
    - Clear game cache in ProgramsData
    - Repair game in Origin
    - Check all mods are up to date
    - Test mods 1 by 1, with and without the "Script Mods Activated" option
    - Test the game without mods (everything works fine)
    - Uninstall game, reinstall it
    - Rename my Electronic Arts folder with "-old" so the game can create a fresh folder
    - Test listed options above in this fresh folder

Also I has OneDrive installed at first, I uninstalled it and retried everything listed above.

I run on Windows 10, my graphic card and all my drivers are up to date, for what it's worth...

If someone has ANY idea how to fix this, I'd be sooo grateful !!!

Thank you very much
    @Ariadnel I've pm'd you.
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > @Ariadnel I've pm'd you.

The website says I don't have any message in my inbox...
    Ariadnel wrote: »
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > @Ariadnel I've pm'd you.

The website says I don't have any message in my inbox...

You do now.
  • atrexzzatrexzz Posts: 4 New Member
    My Script mods are not working but my custom content is (Hair, Clothes, Skin Details, etc) i have everything enabled and it even tells me that they are there but i just don't know how to fix it :'(
    > @atrexzz said:
    > My Script mods are not working but my custom content is (Hair, Clothes, Skin Details, etc) i have everything enabled and it even tells me that they are there but i just don't know how to fix it :'(

btw i am on a mac if that makes a difference
    atrexzz wrote: »
    > @atrexzz said:
    > My Script mods are not working but my custom content is (Hair, Clothes, Skin Details, etc) i have everything enabled and it even tells me that they are there but i just don't know how to fix it :'(

btw i am on a mac if that makes a difference

Hello @atrexzz
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try going back to the download sites and checking that the script mods are uptodate. There has been many mods that were broken by recent patches, and have been updated.

If the issues remain, it may help to post about your issue on a thread in the Mac Section of the forums .
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
    > @rosemow said:
    > atrexzz wrote: »
    >
    > > @atrexzz said:
    > > My Script mods are not working but my custom content is (Hair, Clothes, Skin Details, etc) i have everything enabled and it even tells me that they are there but i just don't know how to fix it :'(
    >
    > btw i am on a mac if that makes a difference
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @atrexzz
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try going back to the download sites and checking that the script mods are uptodate. There has been many mods that were broken by recent patches, and have been updated.
    >
    > If the issues remain, it may help to post about your issue on a thread in the Mac Section of the forums .

Thank you i will try and see how it works!
    atrexzz wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > atrexzz wrote: »
    >
    > > @atrexzz said:
    > > My Script mods are not working but my custom content is (Hair, Clothes, Skin Details, etc) i have everything enabled and it even tells me that they are there but i just don't know how to fix it :'(
    >
    > btw i am on a mac if that makes a difference
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @atrexzz
    > I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try going back to the download sites and checking that the script mods are uptodate. There has been many mods that were broken by recent patches, and have been updated.
    >
    > If the issues remain, it may help to post about your issue on a thread in the Mac Section of the forums .

Thank you i will try and see how it works!

You’re welcome :)