Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The ballpit and Seasons

EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
A while ago people wondered why the devs would include the infamous ballpit in the SP despite it looking so artificial, instead of investing into a better looking object. When looking at the toddler animation, with the little ones throwing stuff into the air and keeling over, submerging partially, this reminds me of playing in heaps of fall leaves. It should be easy (for a programmer) to re-use this animation, perhaps tweak it only so slightly, for a seasons EP.

I'm not saying this is proof for Seasons to come, more like an indication that Seasons is considered as a possibility (yeah, vague and even more vague). Maybe the animation was chosen just in case Seasons will come eventually, to save some time should a Seasons EP come around. Or even just a Winter/Vacation GP.

edit: I should perhaps add that Seasons is the EP I'm least interested in. Winter Vacation on the other hand <3

Comments

• Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I mean I'm sure the animation could be recycled for throwing leaves. But I doubt that had anything to do with why they made the ball pit.