Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Magic" Expansion with Witches and Other Spellcasters

2...Next

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2018
    ZedFe wrote:
    Providing a challenge to a supernatural experience would make it feel more engaging to players. The supernatural world should not have to spill into the regular world to the extent that you need to disenable and re-enable the expansion pack every time you want to play another family, and the effects of a secretive supernatural world adds more depth and mystery to it. Every life state should be unique in both how it performs and how it does magic, and regular sims should have some magical abilities as well but in a way that is believable from a storytelling standpoint.

Right, But I feel like the Sims 2 nor Sims 3 style of Witches were not engaging to me.
    For me when I design My sorcerer, and How I will want to choose to play with Magic,
    He will not have another form. Actually My sorcerer is the Sim you see in my profile picture.
    His eyes may have a golden glow when he casts spells, and may adorn himself with a cloak, over his jeans and hoodie/Leather Jacket, But that's it. above all He's a really Good Sorcerer, By the age of 21 He's considered a Master. He was taught by his Mother and Grandparents. No way was he going to some corny Magic School.
    Again well versed in the Element of Fire, Light and Dark Magic, Enchanting, Potion and Curse Crafting, and Blood Magic. and He uses dark magic when he needs to which is common.

In the lore I've read and watched, Sorcerers do have innate ability to manipulate the world around them to their will, as if they are a force of Nature, that we deem as Magic, where as Humans do not {Unless you have the power Dormant inside you} and it's hereditary. A Sorcerer's only limit is the amount of Energy they unleash at a time. They're Supernatural, but not Immortal, although they can become Immortal if they wish.

Where a Witch's limit is exactly what the Sims have given you in the Past, Humans pretending to do magic, where all their power comes from the objects they acquire. It's a charade. They don't really have powers of their own right.

However I do believe Humans can do Some spells that really don't require the Arcane Knowledge and use objects that have magic built into it. Like Spell Books, Wands, Crystal balls, Cauldrons. Items that have already belonged to a Sorcerer.

But I'm not saying a Human can't become a sorcerer, If I designed it I would Make the Items I listed, except the Crystal Ball, Conduits of Sorcerers. If another Sim were to get their hands on, let's say your spell books, and they read enough into it, they could achieve a copy of the Sorcerer's Arcane Fingerprint. If you think about it, It's actually Identity Theft.

Good or Evil, All magic comes with a Price, and many have a Steep Price. How are you going to cast A Love Spell?
    It shouldn't be as simple as waving your hand, and boom they're in love.
    it's one of the basic Laws of Magic You can't truly make someone love you.
    and the Moment that Loves Spell Breaks, Those two sims will be at each others throats.

But I think Potions and Curses Should be more extreme.

Sleeping Curse. Like Hennessy You can take it straight to the head, If you want a chaser, the Apple, go ahead.
    Ingredients: Toad Stool, hemlock, Oak root.
    Permanent slumber, (If you rotate households, sim is still a sleep) sim with the highest Relationship can wake them up. (Includes family/Best Friend/not strictly romantic). A sim with no relationships is as good as dead.
    Side effects after woken: Nightmares/Insomnia.

Curse of Infertility:
    Ingredients: Rose, Tears of a Child/Toddler, Sleeping Curse
    Ruins the chances of a Sim ever conceiving a child.
    Side effects: Abdominal pain
    Cure? None that I can think of.

Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Magic should come in a GP like vampires did so you can pick and choose what you want.

exactly.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited January 2018
    Making Magic WAS MY All Time FAV Pack IN The ORIGINAL Sims......... & My Thoughts ON Magic Coming BACK IS: @SimGuruGraham With Laundry Day Description / TEXT Tonsssssssss OF Implications OF MAGIC IF You Read Them!!!!!! <3<3>:)>:)>:)<3<3<3:*:*:*:D:D And In His Stream He Made A Few Statements About The "TEXT" I May Be Totally OFF ......... SO I CAN WISH.......... Right??????????? :D:D:D
  • hannahdesney_hannahdesney_ Posts: 21 Member
    My favorite Sims 1 pack was Makin' Magic. And this definitely needs to be created like yesterday.
  • Gabriel081195Gabriel081195 Posts: 25 Member
    1. CREATION MAGIC
    Drink Generation
    Generate drinks.

Food Generation
    Generate food.

2. BODY MAGIC
    Hair Color Manipulation
    Change the hair color.

Eye Color Manipulation
    Change eye colors

Skin Color Manipulation
    Modify the color of skin

3. EMOTIONAL MAGIC
    Emotion Inducement
    Induce emotions.

MAGICAL ENERGY MANIPULATION
    Transmutation
    Alter the forms/structure of beings/objects.

4. PSIONIC MAGIC
    Skill Erasure
    Remove the skills/talents of another.

Analyze personality - Allows Witch to discover other Sims ' traits before meeting them.

5. SPACE-TIME MAGIC
    Time Freeze
    Freeze time.

Tele-Transportation
    Teleport from one location to another.

6. NATURE MAGIC
    Plant Growth
    Accelerate plant growth.

7. CREATION MAGIC
    Furniture Creation
    Create furniture.

8. TECHNOMAGIC
    Object Restoration
    Repair objects.

Magical Upgrade: Upgrades any object; this doesn't contribute toward Handiness skill, however. The duration of casting is dependent on spellcasting hidden skill level.

9. NECROMANCY
    Resurrect Sim
    Resurrects a dead Sim or Pet from an urn or tombstone on the lot.

Soul Summoning
    Summon souls from beyond the grave.

Soul Banishment
    Banish souls from a specific place.

Zombification
    Convert others into zombies.

10. ELEMENTAL MAGIC
    Pyrokinesis
    Manipulate fire.

Cryokinesis
    Manipulate cold and ice.

Electrokinesis
    Manipulate electricity.

11. MEDICAL MAGIC
    Curing
    Remove various conditions.

Disease Inducement
    Induce disease/sickness.

12. LUCK MAGIC
    Luck Bestowal
    Make people lucky.

Jinx
    Make other people unlucky.

Curse Inducement
    Lay a curse on anyone or anything.

Blessing Inducement
    Induce blessings.

Curse Removal
    Remove curses/effects of curses

Cleanliness Inducement
    Induce cleanliness on anything or anyone.
    Dirtiness Inducement
    Induce a state of dirtiness on anything or anyone

Guys, I m sorry for my English. More is that I want to give ideas to the witches of The Sims 4. If I have witches, I think it's cool to have several types of spells and spells. I was browsing the Superpower Wiki and picked up from there various powers that EA should add to the witches. The first spells are spells of creating food and drink. Over time witches would get stronger spells of manipulating electricity, fire, and ice.
    remembering that these powers are from the Superpower Wiki
  • Gabriel081195Gabriel081195 Posts: 25 Member
    Look at these personal powers I got from the Superpower Wiki that a page of superpowers. And it's those powers I want for witches. Spells create food, drinks, spells to change hair color. Spells to evoke and create any kind of object of purchase mode. Fertility magic. Healing spells and causing illness. Elemental spells, fire magic, ice magic. Charms to banish ghosts. Spells to evoke ghosts. Sorry for my English I wanted to give my ideas.

Hair Color Manipulation
    Change the hair color.
    Capabilities
    The user with this power can change hair color, either of oneself and others.

Eye Color Manipulation
    Capabilities
    The user is able to change eye color, varying from realistic colors (i.e. blue, green, brown) to fantastic colors (i.e. red or yellow).

Skin Color Manipulation
    Modify the color of skin
    Capabilities
    The user can control and alter the color (including natural and completely unnatural ones), pigmentation, brightness, shade, saturation, intensity, tone and etc. of the skin of oneself and others either permanently or temporarily.

Food Generation
    Generate food.
    Capabilities
    The user can generate any kind of food, including meat, vegetables, dairy, drinks, candy or any other possible consumable substance, whether by drawing them from already existing sources, or by manifesting them anywhere they want. They can create the food as either raw ingredients or fully prepared and presented meal.

Drink Generation
    Generate drinks.
    Capabilities
    User is able to generate any drink (milk, alcohols, soda, etc.)

Object Repairing
    Repair objects.
    Capabilities
    The user can repair broken objects.

Love Inducement
    Induce love into others.
    Capabilities
    The user can induce love into others, including the love for the user or love for another person. Effects will vary depending on the user's mental strength: Those subjected to this ability may develop a strong infatuation for somebody but will remain in control of themselves, or they may feel so much love for somebody that they have an intense desire to make them happy, becoming completely submissive to them. The effect is usually instant, but in some cases it may slowly take effect the more the victim meets the user/another.

Fertility Magic
    Use fertility magic.
    Capabilities
    The user is able use a form of magic that allows them to cast spells dealing with Fertility and Reproduction. They can make land, living beings and plants fertile, allowing them to reproduce or grow, or make them infertile, making them unable to reproduce or grow.

Day Inducement
    Induce day/daytime.
    Capabilities
    The user is able to induce day/daytime on any area they are in, even during night, despite which part of the Earth is facing the sun.

Night Inducement
    Induce night/nighttime.
    Capabilities
    The user is able to induce night/nighttime in an area, regardless of which side of the Earth is facing the sun.

Luck Bestowal
    Make people lucky.
    Capabilities
    The user is technically a living luck charm. They are able to make other people beings luckier, whether the user themselves or other people. The effects are either increased luck in gambling, avoid being hit by a car, or falling from the rooftops into a trampoline

Jinx
    Make other people unlucky.
    Capabilities
    User is a living bad luck charm, causing other people to have accidents, misfortune or other bad luck.

Plant Growth
    Accelerate plant growth.
    Capabilities
    The user can influence and accelerate the growth of plants causing flowers and other plants to bloom instantaneously, causing them to mature with supernatural speed, grow to unusual size, and produce in abundance. The user can cause plants to grow from seeds to mature plants in moments, cause them to flower and produce fruits, seeds, etc. outside season, cause a cut plant to grow roots and other similar feats.

Emotion Magic
    Use emotion magic.
    Capabilities
    The user is capable of magic based in some kind of emotion, including its augmentation, elimination, and other manipulations.

Time Stopping
    Freeze time.
    Capabilities
    User can stop time while being unaffected themselves, or may also allow others to be unaffected. If the user moves before this ability ceases, it would appear to everyone that the user teleported.

Magiportation
    Teleport using magic/magical energy.
    Capabilities
    The user can teleport via magic/magical energy, either utilizing transportation spells or transforming into magical energy and appearing in a new location.

Body Immobilization
    Freeze people in space in their position.
    Capabilities
    The user can cause people freeze within their current state in space. The person/people may have their motor and cognitive functions being frozen as well, so have no idea that it happened as it just goes by and skips over the time they were frozen in time according to their perception of things.

Transmutation
    Alter the forms/structure of beings/objects.
    Capabilities
    The user can transform, alter or transmute matter, energy, elements, objects, beings (animals, aliens, mythical beings, etc.), etc into anything else, either completely or partially, permanently or temporarily.

Furniture Creation
    Capabilities
    The user is able to create furniture including tables, beds, bookcases, chairs desks, stands, etc. This can be decorate a whole room or just create something to sit on or put objects on when needed.

Animation
    Manipulate inanimate objects.
    Capabilities
    User can create, shape and manipulate any sort of inanimate objects, products/finished goods, ie. physical objects that have been manufactured from either natural or artificial materials, including anything from nano-technology, to tools, weapons, vehicles and up to architecture.

Curing
    Remove various conditions.
    Capabilities
    The user can remove various conditions from themselves or others, returning to the original, unmodified state and/or gain a pure condition free from all outside conditions. This is a variation of healing that restores their normal condition by removing any form of illness, diseases, mutation, obtained powers or skills or behavioral shifts which are caused by spells, hypnosis and mind control.

Disease Inducement
    Induce disease/sickness.
    Capabilities
    User can induce any disease/sickness in others. The exact length of the effect depends on both the users skill and power and the targets current state.

Ice Magic
    Use ice magic.
    Capabilities
    The user is able to perform a legendary form of magic that allows the user to cast magical spells and feats through ice. In cold regions or the cold season, the user is capable of utilizing unlimited magical powers unless removed from the cold region or the cold season as passed. Most people who use this power is called an ice wizard/witch.

Fire Magic
    Use fire magic.
    Capabilities
    The user is able to perform a legendary form of magic that allows the user to cast magical spells and feats through fire.

Electricity Magic
    Use electricity magic.
    Capabilities
    The user is able perform a legendary form of magic that allows the user to cast magical spells feats through electricity, thunder and lightning.

Animal Transmutation
    Capabilities
    Users can turn others into any animal they desire, effects can be permanent or temporary depending on what level of power the user is. The user can reverse the effect if they so choose to.

Zombification
    Convert others into zombies.
    Capabilities
    The user can convert/turn others (usually dead, sometimes living) into zombies (walking corpses) either by scientific or magical means.

Soul Banishment
    Banish souls from a specific place.
    Capabilities
    User can banish souls and spirits from specific place to either certain place/area they choose or into the area the target is most connected.

Soul Summoning
    Capabilities
    The user can summon spirits from beyond the grave in order to commune or serve the user.

I also want to be able to bless and curse the Sims. It would also be nice if each Sim had a spell based on his dash.
    Sims Neats can cast a spell to clear the whole lot, restoring it to the state it was before it got dirty.
    Sims Slob can cast a spell to make the whole site dirty and rotten.

Cleanliness Inducement
    Induce cleanliness on anything or anyone.
    Capabilities
    The user is capable of cleaning up any dirty or messy situation. Any substance is cleaned up such as oil, garbage, and mud can be cleaned up in an instant and the user can even induce the same state to another. To simplify the user's ability allows them to vanish, purify and clean anything that is dirty.

Dirtiness Inducement
    Induce a state of dirtiness on anything or anyone
    Capabilities
    The user is capable dirtying up anything and create giant messes as well by using mud, foods, garbage and various stenches as well. The user can also induce the same state to others as well.

Curse Inducement
    Lay a curse on anyone or anything.
    Capabilities
    User can place a curse on whatever they wish (people, places, objects, etc.). The exact effects can be nearly anything the user desires, ranging from minor annoyances to tortuously extended death.

Among the most common effects are misfortune/bad luck, various sicknesses, infertility, physical defects/ugliness, etc. when affecting people, breaking or working wrong or causing problems when used on objects and tendency to draw various disasters for places. Traditional magical curses include transforming the victim fully or partially into an animal/monster that fits the offense, blood-lust, insanity, unstoppable rages, unhealing wounds, misshapen/inhuman offspring, and a whole host of other effects.

Blessing Inducement
    Induce blessings.
    Capabilities
    The user can bless anything including people, places, objects etc. and produce positive effects. This can include bringing good luck to people, or something as little as Emotion Augmentation as long as it is the happy emotions.

What this power does is entirely up to the user as long as it isn't malevolent in nature, like giving people bad luck or causing deaths. The most traditional effects are granting long life, fertility, health, success and wealth or suppressing negative emotions and memories. Most blessing deal with negating/removing misfortune or other negative effects.

These powers are also from the Superpower Wiki
  • WittlemouseeWittlemousee Posts: 58 Member
    still want this
    c22.jpg
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Since I've been seeing some new life being breathed into requests for Witches and Magic, I'm giving this thread a little revival.

I would love to see more people share their ideas for a Magic expansion.
    #Team Occult
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited November 2018
    Anyone can become a witch/wizard or can born as a witch or created in CAS.

I'd also like to have a magic school with their own courses to learn magical techniques: elemental, astrology, divination, alchemy, Wicca, black/forbidden magic, wandless magic, druidism, exorcism, incantation, invocation, mysticism, cartomancy paganism, shamanism, runic divination, transfiguration, astral projection, magic circle, chaos magic, white magic, demonology, familiar spirit, occultism etc. Sims can choose one or more subjects to study. Can also become new careers.

To keep it simple, witch sims can follow 3 main paths: good, bad and neutral.

Ranks: Initiate, adept, mage, master, apprentice

Objects: grimoires, ouija, tarot, crystal ball, amulets, brooms, wands, cloak of invisibility, magical weapons, magical carpet, magical ring, talismans, voodoo dolls etc.

San have the possibility to have familiars which means I hope they include supernatural creatures but they can also bond with cats/dogs. Depending on their relationship and traits, if their familiar die, the sims can die too.

Basically, gameplay is paramount to me and for that, I need to have control and A LOT of options.
    Anyone can become a witch/wizard or can born as a witch or created in CAS.

I'd also like to have a magic school with their own courses to learn magical techniques: elemental, astrology, divination, alchemy, Wicca, black/forbidden magic, wandless magic, druidism, exorcism, incantation, invocation, mysticism, cartomancy paganism, shamanism, runic divination, transfiguration, astral projection, magic circle, chaos magic, white magic, demonology, familiar spirit, occultism etc. Sims can choose one or more subjects to study. Can also become new careers.

To keep it simple, witch sims can follow 3 main paths: good, bad and neutral.

Ranks: Initiate, adept, mage, master, apprentice

Objects: grimoires, ouija, tarot, crystal ball, amulets, brooms, wands, cloak of invisibility, magical weapons, magical carpet, magical ring, talismans, voodoo dolls etc.

San have the possibility to have familiars which means I hope they include supernatural creatures but they can also bond with cats/dogs. Depending on their relationship and traits, if their familiar die, the sims can die too.

Basically, gameplay is paramount to me and for that, I need to have control and A LOT of options.

I agree, having a lot of options would be ideal. That's pretty much why I want them to expand beyond Witches and have a variety of spellcasters to choose from, as well as types of magic. I do like the idea of a magical school for young aspiring magic users. I imagine they'd have to come out with a school pack first so they could incorporate a specialty like that.

I also really want the "magically imbued" to be able to duel against Vampires.
    #Team Occult
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited November 2018
    LiELF wrote: »

I agree, having a lot of options would be ideal. That's pretty much why I want them to expand beyond Witches and have a variety of spellcasters to choose from, as well as types of magic. I do like the idea of a magical school for young aspiring magic users. I imagine they'd have to come out with a school pack first so they could incorporate a specialty like that.

I also really want the "magically imbued" to be able to duel against Vampires.
    Yeah, definitively need to have that Education EP first before they could include it in the game. I do like the idea of magical duels which also means new deaths: "magical deaths" (potions/spells that backfire, sims kill another with dark magic) etc.
    Also a setting to choose who can become a magical being and also to disable magic for those who do not want those in their game.

• Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member
    I'm always a big fan of Magic and everything that involves the arcane. So I approve of this idea! Plus, since we got skeletons and we could have zombies get a return, how about we add necromancy to the witches? Witches can summon/reanimate skeletons and/or zombies to do their chores.
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Sim_Man17 wrote: »
    I'm always a big fan of Magic and everything that involves the arcane. So I approve of this idea! Plus, since we got skeletons and we could have zombies get a return, how about we add necromancy to the witches? Witches can summon/reanimate skeletons and/or zombies to do their chores.

Oooh necromancy could be a branch within the possible perk system! But an advanced one
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    And something important in witchcraft, crystals having specific uses! You can make charms from them and when your sim carries them in their inventory, depending on the crystal your relationship with other Sims become better, or nobody will bother you, ot your work preformence increases a bit more, etc
    Sim_Man17 wrote: »

Necromancy is something I really, really want. I'd love to be able to make a Voodoo Mambo who can raise the dead and create zombie minions and turn people into skeletons and summon or banish ghosts. It would also be a great way for players to control the life and death of their Sims. It would also help if we could have actual graveyards.
    #Team Occult
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    And something important in witchcraft, crystals having specific uses! You can make charms from them and when your sim carries them in their inventory, depending on the crystal your relationship with other Sims become better, or nobody will bother you, ot your work preformence increases a bit more, etc

Definitely! Witches could actually mine for their own crystals and turn them into magical implements for spell influence. Great idea!
    #Team Occult
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    My number 1 wish would be for the return of witches, which I'm sure we'll get at some point since it's a popular request, but I'd love to see a version of miagic town too; I loved all the items in the TS1 magic town, especially the item where you tried raising the dead and calling up a storm, and the duelling platform. :smiley:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Witches are the top occult in the entire Sims franchise, they should receive a EP treatment instead of a GP like vampires or be a simple side feature like in SUpernatural/Apartment Life.
    I would like to see the little dragon pets back in the game, and i love all of your ideas. Maybe a Hogwarts themed feature as well for the kids/teens. I would love to see different branches of magic in the game, as well as a partnership with Warner Bros to add some clothing and some objects liek they did with Star Wars. Not asking for a recreation of Hogwarts, just small side stuff... Would be impossible for them to have such a big partnership. haha
  • evesdayevesday Posts: 10 New Member
    Everyone here is so creative with their spell ideas! I'm a simple simmer, just give me a divination skill for tea and cards and I'm good! Plus crystal healing could add points to the wellness skill.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top