Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you send your sims on dates?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Karlia wrote: »
    Thanks for all your suggestions, guys! I should download a bowling alley but I don't really like having non-EA lots in my game :smiley:

If you go to your library and tick Maxis, it will show all of the lots that have been created for the associated packs you have. The bowling ally is one of them.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    Typical I sent them to a restaurant or to a park. Now that I have the Spas in my game I may have some dates there. I should take them bowling.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    My favorites besides restaurants are spa, park, museum and movie theater (café or bar lot with a cinema room). But it depends on the sims' personalities. I've had nerdy sims take their date to an arcade or the library, athletic sims to the gym. The downside with the gym and spa though is that if a yoga class starts, your date might very well go and be stuck there for a while.
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I usually send my sims to a park. There's a park in Windenburg I like because it's next to those pink tress and makes for GORGEOUS pictures and a romantic place to propose. Sometimes I will mix it up and send them to a restaurant or even to a karaoke bar.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I do various things for Sim dates, whether it be going to a fancy restaurant, small diner, going bowling, seeing a movie, or even just staying home and having a peaceful dinner together.
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Generally restaurants, and sometimes bars. I have the super romantic fancy restaurant that I built and I'll use that most often. I don't often send my sims on dates, but I've found that the romantic restaurant lends to the most interesting situations. Such as when Bjorn asks your sim on a date and flirts like crazy the whole time until your sim goes in for a first kiss and he refuses because he's married. That jerk.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    I made a restaurant with lots of flirty pictures(painted by sims previously) lots of reds in the décor, its quite romantic
    I don't remember the exact name its French "la amour" I think.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Wherever my sim gets invited to haha. It's usually restaurants haha
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited September 2017
    For me it's usually a park when it's night, so there's lights and it's nice to grill for dinner. Sometimes I'll be boring and invite them at the current lot for a pizza delivery or a homemade dish.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I sometimes send my Sims to restaurants if my Sim receives a date invite. But if my Sim is requesting a date, I send them to a nightclub. There's a great 30 x 30 lot in San Myshuno in the Spice District that I use as a Nightclub. I like to send them dancing. & there's fishing behind that lot, so I take them there. & in the Spice District I like that basketball court area & sometimes have them play basketball. I use my dates to skill up lol. I've also taken my Sims dates to the Spa. & Retail shops (to pretend shop) & cafes.
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    edited September 2017
    The romantic bar on top of a tower, in San Myshuno
    or a park, sometimes in a club but not if i want something actually romantic, because club arent the most romantic place :D

Any place that i find my sims going in a lot for romantic relationship, i add a woohoo bush or those furniture you can woohoo in (also to change clothes, forgot the name) just incase :D
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2017
    well My favorite places that I've built myself

there's the Golden Boar: My version of the House of Blues
    open from 4pm-3am
    it's a 5 Star Restaurant. Home of Entertainment, Comedians, Musicians, and Ecdysiasts gather here.
    screen_shot_2017_07_28_at_10_20_26_am_by_mphattyboi-dbhz2jb.png

The Cheesecake Factory I made into a 4 Star Restaurant.
    open 8am-10pm
    screen_shot_2017_09_19_at_5_54_48_pm_by_mphattyboi-dbny0ug.png

The Celtic Tavern (Irish Pub by night, Full-time Inn, Café by Morning)
    open 6am-12pm, and 5pm-2am
    screen_shot_2017_09_19_at_6_20_41_pm_by_mphattyboi-dbny0u9.png

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I think most of my proposal/dates happened in the park in willow creek. The weddings, too. I just really love doing romantic things under cherry blossom, I guess.. One time I went so far to put a double bed there but my sims were kinda shy about woohooing in public lol so the bed kinda got adopted by some homeless sims.

I think one date happened at a restaurant. It wasn't actually a date, as in the social event, but I'd count it as a date bc two people in love going out together, I'm classing it as a date. I was actually doing it to test the length it takes to eat a three course meal... I deleted my data on it but let me tell ya booooy it was a lot of hours. We came in the daylight at like 8 and when we left it was dark. I think it was like 8am to 11pm or so...

I tried again and I added this 'random people don't talk to you mod' but um I don't think it worked people just would not sit down and they just blocked the view of my sims bc there was this massive blob of people standing right in front of my sims as they all talked and it was just a sea of voices like - ha! we may not be able to talk to you random people to ruin your date but we sure can talk to each other! And I think some people ended up randomly talking to us anyway so yeah that mod didn't work.. Plus *nobody* would leave bc I guess they would not leave unless they ate something but I think the Landgraabs got served burgers and just completely ignored it and got up to start chatting and then never sat back down so people were just... Um..Guyyss...Who is this burger? Don't mind if I do...

And the waitress kept dropping our food. Repetitively. Multiple times in a row. And then people couldn't get out bc of the fence around the water surrounding the building, so I had to remove the gate and make them change from their fancy eating clothes into swimming trunks to get out the restaurant. And then in the next restaurant, we couldn't get out bc of the people surrounding our booth.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    The bush. Or if I get really lucky, the romance festival, then the bush. I need a mod to trigger a romance festival. It's the only one I like.
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I think most of my proposal/dates happened in the park in willow creek. The weddings, too. I just really love doing romantic things under cherry blossom, I guess.. One time I went so far to put a double bed there but my sims were kinda shy about woohooing in public lol so the bed kinda got adopted by some homeless sims.

I think one date happened at a restaurant. It wasn't actually a date, as in the social event, but I'd count it as a date bc two people in love going out together, I'm classing it as a date. I was actually doing it to test the length it takes to eat a three course meal... I deleted my data on it but let me tell ya booooy it was a lot of hours. We came in the daylight at like 8 and when we left it was dark. I think it was like 8am to 11pm or so...

I tried again and I added this 'random people don't talk to you mod' but um I don't think it worked people just would not sit down and they just blocked the view of my sims bc there was this massive blob of people standing right in front of my sims as they all talked and it was just a sea of voices like - ha! we may not be able to talk to you random people to ruin your date but we sure can talk to each other! And I think some people ended up randomly talking to us anyway so yeah that mod didn't work.. Plus *nobody* would leave bc I guess they would not leave unless they ate something but I think the Landgraabs got served burgers and just completely ignored it and got up to start chatting and then never sat back down so people were just... Um..Guyyss...Who is this burger? Don't mind if I do...

And the waitress kept dropping our food. Repetitively. Multiple times in a row. And then people couldn't get out bc of the fence around the water surrounding the building, so I had to remove the gate and make them change from their fancy eating clothes into swimming trunks to get out the restaurant. And then in the next restaurant, we couldn't get out bc of the people surrounding our booth.

Well at least that sounds like a date to remember! I wish that mod worked though, it's ridiculous how many people just randomly stand up and start talking to my sims, who are flirting at the time and of course get an awkward conversation moodlet.
  • Options
    iGotNoiPadiGotNoiPad Posts: 12 New Member
    I usually just send them to a restaurant as it provides the romantic moodlet when on a date anyway. If the Romance Festival is on, I would also just sent them there.
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Its probably boring, but I send my sims to their home lot for dates. It really bugs me that random sims will interrupt your date while out and about then your sims get embarrassed or uncomfortable moodlets because they are being romantic in front of others so I have been known to set the stage with romance lamps and set up dinner and let them have a candle light dinner at home where they can be private.

I like to set up 'moonlight' dinners on the patio and decorate with the lamps and flowers and stuff. It makes for beautiful pictures and the outdoor scene always appealed to me.

Great idea! I've never done that either but it could be beautiful! You could hire a caterer to cook so your sims can have a few drinks and relax together before dinner! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    @Karlia I could be wrong, but it seems less like a hook up and more like their catching up their good ol' porcelain buddy on how their date is going. Either way, it is one of the silliest thing one can witness in the game (and once is quite enough). :)
    I like the views in CL, but it is certainly not for everyone. But Chez Llama that came with Dine Out is also a nice restaurant. I do like to customize the places a bit though and add the woohoo bush somewhere on the lot for dates that go extremely well.

Good idea using the woohoo bush! I once added a "hotel room" with spa to the top floor of a pub to move a relationship along! Lol!
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    Be careful with the woohoo bush though as it has a high priority in the sims' autonomy. I placed a few on my shelter lot for decorative purposes and all the sims wanted to do is to go and "fertilize" it :lol:
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited September 2017
    I usually send them bowling or to the park. I have made the park more fun by adding things from various packs like the water slide and the fountain. One park i put in a message table and some gym equipment but i dont send my dates to that one i do send them to the bowling movie night which i house in an area. I sometimes send them to a restaurant.
    Once i played with teens and had that slide thing. I made the boy get really skilled at it then have him bring a date there in this case it was a girl. She was not very good at the slide but the guy would go 9ver and encourage her not by my design he just did. He also was very attentive showing her the tricks he could do. It all seemed very enduring. I lost that save when my computer caught fire would have loved to see how they ended up. Most of it was without my intervention. It just played out well
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Don't forget the Lounges or the bar. Also, sometimes I send them out dancing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/