Fresh off the press - the May 11 Laundry List! Click here to find out more!
April 30 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Sims 5 - Ideas, Hopes, Predictions (Megathread?)

Comments

  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    One thing i really want is some EP stuff from Sims 4 in the base game (restaurants, pets, apartments,yknow.)
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • just_a_personjust_a_person Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims 5
    1. you can get pregnant just by who whoing (like on accident, you can still try for baby)
    2. after a sim "shares big news" ( about being pregnant) said person can react positively or negatively
    3. more hair
    4. different heights
    5.more instruments, saxophone, trumpet, cello
    6. pets and season in base game
    7. that color designing thing from sims 3 for clothes and hair
    8. more ages, and age difference, for example make teen and young adult look at least kinda different, and something between teen and kid, possibly early teen/late teen
    9. more trait options, I miss the sims 3 traits, their were so many more possible traits, like hopeless romantic
    10. Genes, I know their are trait that can be passed down, but like when designing a sim, you can make them more fertile, ( more likely to have twins) and that can be passed down like in real life.
  • DriggerDrigger Posts: 157 Member
    @just_a_person For your 6. do you mean after toddler?
  • katkategal1katkategal1 Posts: 44 Member
    Yes, please more sim games! LOL LOL
  • katkategal1katkategal1 Posts: 44 Member
    Oops.. This is not off-topic... Sims stuff. Tsk tsk tsk. ;-;
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,156 Member
    Oops.. This is not off-topic... Sims stuff. Tsk tsk tsk. ;-;

    Any sims 5 posts ive had got reassigned to off topic so i suppose this is where it belongs
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

    FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

    Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • IISimsGirlIIIISimsGirlII Posts: 10 New Member
    I would also like a sims 5 skype!!! Like the sims skype each other!!! :)
  • millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    Maybe there could be 3 different heights to choose from: short, average and tall. So the devs don't have to make an animation for every part of the height slider.
    moss

  • juicyredjuicyred Posts: 160 Member
    This maybe dumb. But I've always wanted my sims to mow there own lawn. I think it would be cool if your teen sim can go through the neighborhood and mow sims lawn for money. I also wish you can give kids an allowance or let them use a piggy bank. Then they can save up and buy things. Maybe bring back the buyable games and some movies.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,156 Member
    juicyred wrote: »
    This maybe dumb. But I've always wanted my sims to mow there own lawn. I think it would be cool if your teen sim can go through the neighborhood and mow sims lawn for money. I also wish you can give kids an allowance or let them use a piggy bank. Then they can save up and buy things. Maybe bring back the buyable games and some movies.

    This does sound fun! In one of the sims 2 expansions there was a lemonade stand for kids. I think it also may have been in sims 3. Small things like that, including newspaper delivery, and car washing etc small jobs for kids and teens would be nice :)
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

    FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

    Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,703 Member
    I'd like to be able to set the era for your game.

    For example: The ability to set your world to a mid 1900's atheistic. Your sims wouldn't have mobile phones, they'd have a home phone. Computers would be boxy, the newspaper would be delivered, along with the milk. TVs would also be boxy, an you'd have to go to the grocery store to keep the pantry/fridge stocked.

    If you set your world to post 2000, your sims can have mobile phones, flat screens, slimline laptops and tablets are added to the game. You can cancel your newspaper, the milk is no longer delivered, but you can use your mobile phone or computer to order groceries.

    If you set your game to pre 1900's, you lose tv's, most (all?) phones, and all computers, but you still get the paper, and the grocery man, the butcher and the baker, each will push a cart past your house every 2-3 days, allowing you to buy more food, or you can visit the local market/highstreet. You also no longer have a modern stove, nor a fridge, nor a car (if they were in the game), no microwaves either.

    With a post 2000 setting, you'd still have access to all the items of the past, so granddad can still have a boxy tv, or a wallphone in the kitchen, or an archaic stove.

    I'm sure those who like generational play would like the ability to change eras over time. And there are plenty of people who like to use a historical setting, and there are plenty who would like a bit of more recent nostalgia.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to set the era for your game.

    For example: The ability to set your world to a mid 1900's atheistic. Your sims wouldn't have mobile phones, they'd have a home phone. Computers would be boxy, the newspaper would be delivered, along with the milk. TVs would also be boxy, an you'd have to go to the grocery store to keep the pantry/fridge stocked.

    If you set your world to post 2000, your sims can have mobile phones, flat screens, slimline laptops and tablets are added to the game. You can cancel your newspaper, the milk is no longer delivered, but you can use your mobile phone or computer to order groceries.

    If you set your game to pre 1900's, you lose tv's, most (all?) phones, and all computers, but you still get the paper, and the grocery man, the butcher and the baker, each will push a cart past your house every 2-3 days, allowing you to buy more food, or you can visit the local market/highstreet. You also no longer have a modern stove, nor a fridge, nor a car (if they were in the game), no microwaves either.

    With a post 2000 setting, you'd still have access to all the items of the past, so granddad can still have a boxy tv, or a wallphone in the kitchen, or an archaic stove.

    I'm sure those who like generational play would like the ability to change eras over time. And there are plenty of people who like to use a historical setting, and there are plenty who would like a bit of more recent nostalgia.

    Although this sounds amazing, I think this is really too difficult to make. It was kind of an issue for me though when I played Sims 3 Dragon Valley, all these modern cars passing by, while the world was supposed to be medieval.

    So maybe more something on the lines of what they did with the Supernaturals pack. You could chose if you wished to have witches, werewolves and vampires walking around. Now, I'd say make this an option where you can switch cars and cellphones on or off. Or even better a slider, none/a few/'normal'/very much.

    If there's an easier way of moving between worlds in this 'Sims 5' from our heads, then they could make a 1900s version of a town (gravel and dirt roads, a few luxurious cars), 1950s (billboards start appearing, roads getting better), 2000s (skyscrapers, cellphones, electronic billboards). So you can 'move' to a new era with your family whenever you want.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Quintina85Quintina85 Posts: 77 Member
    I would love a huge map which has different types of areas, urban, suburban, rural, woods, mountain, lakeside and coastal. All with residential and community lots. Some areas that are low income, middle income and high income.
    Cars in the base game, you can choose to drive to work, take a cab (you have to pay for it), ride a bike, carpool with a co-worker or family. You can drive kids to school, or they ride their bike, or parent, sitter or teen+ sibling can drop them off. Basic weather (does not have to be interactive) Snow which closes school, rain and sun. Need appropriate clothes or you get sick.
    All careers that NPC's can have your sim can have, maid, gardener, butler, social worker, cab driver etc. Jobs that you can follow your sim to work but don't have to and can still get promoted. Mayor, fireman, policeman, sanitation worker, criminal, ambulance worker, doctor/nurse etc. And more that can be less interactive librarian, teacher, judge, lawyer, etc.
    NPC's with personality, they can ask you on a date where they actually pay and plan things, not you. They can ask you to move in, get married, work for them etc.
    Return of story progression, neighbors can move in/out, get married/divorced, have kids/adopt, date/breakup. All that good stuff.
    Babies that are not objects and can be moved, passed around and interacted with. Toddlers, preteens, teens, young adult, adult, something in between and elder.
    Color-wheel so that everything can be customized to our liking.
    I have so many things on my sims 5 basegame, expansion pack ( more content interactions, twice a year), stuffpack (twice a year) and gamepack (twice a year) wish list you all would get bored reading it lol. I like the sime 4 but can never play it for more then 2-3 months before I get bored and stop for like a year. I hope sims 5 is more like sims 2&3 but waaay better.
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to set the era for your game.

    For example: The ability to set your world to a mid 1900's atheistic. Your sims wouldn't have mobile phones, they'd have a home phone. Computers would be boxy, the newspaper would be delivered, along with the milk. TVs would also be boxy, an you'd have to go to the grocery store to keep the pantry/fridge stocked.

    If you set your world to post 2000, your sims can have mobile phones, flat screens, slimline laptops and tablets are added to the game. You can cancel your newspaper, the milk is no longer delivered, but you can use your mobile phone or computer to order groceries.

    If you set your game to pre 1900's, you lose tv's, most (all?) phones, and all computers, but you still get the paper, and the grocery man, the butcher and the baker, each will push a cart past your house every 2-3 days, allowing you to buy more food, or you can visit the local market/highstreet. You also no longer have a modern stove, nor a fridge, nor a car (if they were in the game), no microwaves either.

    With a post 2000 setting, you'd still have access to all the items of the past, so granddad can still have a boxy tv, or a wallphone in the kitchen, or an archaic stove.

    I'm sure those who like generational play would like the ability to change eras over time. And there are plenty of people who like to use a historical setting, and there are plenty who would like a bit of more recent nostalgia.

    Maybe this could be a pack? It sounds so much fun!
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Dawn767Dawn767 Posts: 38 Member
    So I was thinking, maybe we can get the Sims 3 Ultimate Collection when Sims 5 comes out? But that would be A LOT of stuff if they did the online store too, so I will be happy with all "non store" packs and expansions. I recently got the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and I'm loving it.
  • juicyredjuicyred Posts: 160 Member
    I would also love the ability to create custom cloths in the game. You can get basic shirts (long sleeve, short sleeve etc.) and add patterns and stickers to it. The stickers could be like tattoos in sims 3. You can change there size and color. You can have shapes, logos, words, etc. you can also save a style or generate one if you don't want to make one. What do you think?
  • shelleypotbellyshelleypotbelly Posts: 27 New Member
    I would like to see a similar overall structure to Sims 2. A main open neighbourhood with additional open sub-hoods with destinations (like holidays) shared. Also the ability to travel to other neighbourhoods but not have them share as much as Sims 4.

    I would also like to see the emotion system develop and more in depth traits. The return of create a style is a must and maybe a a more modular furniture system like the sims 4 counters (especially for curtains).

    Having options to turn off seasons/weather, supernaturals and other features should be available as well.
    Including more features in the base game, like ghosts, basic weather, basic pets, gardening, service NPCs (nanny, babysitter, maid, burglar, police, firefighter, repo-man, delivery, exterminator, social worker).

    Add back some of the silliness (sad clown, social bunny).

    I love the between lot community spaces but would like to be able to edit them. The gallery system is also good but needs more filter options.

    More variety in sim appearance between age stages and individuals.

    Lastly, better expansion integration. Having a new hood that focuses solely on that expansion is annoying. By all means add neighbourhoods but make it easier to integrate those features back into others like with pre-built lots matching the style of other official hoods.
  • Dawn767Dawn767 Posts: 38 Member
    Add back some of the silliness (sad clown, social bunny)

    The Sims have gotten very serious is some ways. Sure I want the game to be realistic but not the the point of work being a daily grind, or being so busy on promotions that theres no time to go out. I haven't seen a Workaholic trait....
  • alvinfirdausalvinfirdaus Posts: 34 Member
    i'd like a sims base game with all of the expansion pack from ts 1 2 3 4, i know it's not possible haha
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,156 Member
    i'd like a sims base game with all of the expansion pack from ts 1 2 3 4, i know it's not possible haha

    lol we can only dream
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

    FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

    Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    I'd like:
    More aspirations and traits
    An expanded pet pack, maybe with cats, dogs, and either lizards or birds
    And I have an idea for a pack:
    Heroes and villains pack! Where you could choose a power (super strength, laser eye vision, etc), then choose an aspiration: superhero or super villain. Then as a villain you bring terror on the different cities and build powerful machines to destroy buildings! As a superhero, you can stop the villain and fight with ridiculous moves, or help repair destroyed builds. You can name your hero/villain and make secret lairs to scheme and plan! But you get a trophy for silver level and gold level city saving, or as a villain you get parts for machines every fight. (I hope this isn't too much :P)
    i like anime and stuff
  • LameonadeLameonade Posts: 87 Member
    [Disclaimer] I started playing The Sims with TS3, so my opinions will be based mostly off of that. I also own no EPs/SPs from TS4.

    In the next Sims title, I would like to see:

    - A return of the Create A Style tool. I deeply miss being able to make surfaces either glossy or matte. Everything in TS4 looks like either wood or plastic.
    - A return of vehicles to travel places. I actually do miss making a garage in my house to store my cars/bikes.
    - A set of larger, less separated maps to play on. In TS4, I almost feel caged inside my own local neighborhood; I've been making my sims more antisocial just to avoid having to sit through loading times. It'd be fine if there were a set of different biomes (i.e. City, Desert, Farmland, etc.) and just have loading times in between those.
    - A return of Edit Town. I want to place, move, and delete lots as well as add to/remove from the scenery.
    - The table mounted flat screen televisions in TS4. In TS3, I was tired of placing the same flat screen television because I didn't have a wall to mount it on.
    - The ability to add custom music, video, and pictures. It would be nice to be able to listen to my own music while watching a video I made on the television and having pictures of, say, my cats hanging up in my house.
    - Extremely minor, but the ability to have a different style phone. Maybe I would like to give my daughter a flip phone when she's young, and then upgrade it to a smartphone with more privileges and features when she's older.
    - Wishes instead of Whims. While I do like the idea of Whims, I like Wishes more. Wishes, to me, seem more substantial while remaining just as spontaneous as Whims, meaning they can occur whenever.
    - A world creator tool. Not really something for everybody, but I miss the Create A World Tool - Beta from the TS3 era.
    - Fireplaces! With real, customizable chimneys!
    Congratulations! You have successfully read this signature! Here is your cookie.

    lameonade.one (I need to update this) | Owner of 16 smartphones | Enrolled at Washtenaw Community College studying Graphic Design
  • ToulouseGooseToulouseGoose Posts: 75 Member
    Prediction: It will be a fully mobile game, complete with microtransactions, tons of DLC, extreme DRM, and more stupid bro amd hipster culture, and other bull ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that the Sims developers seem determined to shove down our throats.
  • ToulouseGooseToulouseGoose Posts: 75 Member
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️, "stupid" is now a bad word? I thought this game was rated Teen, developers? Why is the forum built for 7 year olds that shouldn't even be playing this game?
  • MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    Quintina85 wrote: »
    I would love a huge map which has different types of areas, urban, suburban, rural, woods, mountain, lakeside and coastal. All with residential and community lots. Some areas that are low income, middle income and high income.
    Cars in the base game, you can choose to drive to work, take a cab (you have to pay for it), ride a bike, carpool with a co-worker or family. You can drive kids to school, or they ride their bike, or parent, sitter or teen+ sibling can drop them off. Basic weather (does not have to be interactive) Snow which closes school, rain and sun. Need appropriate clothes or you get sick.
    All careers that NPC's can have your sim can have, maid, gardener, butler, social worker, cab driver etc. Jobs that you can follow your sim to work but don't have to and can still get promoted. Mayor, fireman, policeman, sanitation worker, criminal, ambulance worker, doctor/nurse etc. And more that can be less interactive librarian, teacher, judge, lawyer, etc.
    NPC's with personality, they can ask you on a date where they actually pay and plan things, not you. They can ask you to move in, get married, work for them etc.
    Return of story progression, neighbors can move in/out, get married/divorced, have kids/adopt, date/breakup. All that good stuff.
    Babies that are not objects and can be moved, passed around and interacted with. Toddlers, preteens, teens, young adult, adult, something in between and elder.
    Color-wheel so that everything can be customized to our liking.
    I have so many things on my sims 5 basegame, expansion pack ( more content interactions, twice a year), stuffpack (twice a year) and gamepack (twice a year) wish list you all would get bored reading it lol. I like the sime 4 but can never play it for more then 2-3 months before I get bored and stop for like a year. I hope sims 5 is more like sims 2&3 but waaay better.

    Okay this sounds like perfection.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top