Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

romance gp

Comments

• Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member
    edited August 2018
    This could be a good idea, but I'm not sure how EA and Maxis will pull it off if they do decide to...
    I mean. I usually prefer my sims to be single. Often because they are Vampires or Aliens and intimate relationships wouldn't realistically work so well with immortals and extraterrestrials. Especially if that significant other happens to be the same occult.
    Plus, I don't understand why reclusive sims would be real big time heart breakers.
    You got to have the heart before you can break it.
    And very very few people believe in "Love at First Sight". Plus, those that do are far less likely to fall for a recluse.
    But yeah. I know. This is The Sims. Which is why I'm a little concerned about what I've stated in my first sentence.
    My sims can't go one day without their phone blowing up from some "acquaintance" that they have meet (more like simply looked at) at some point.
    The new interactions would be great. The new content, the complex/fleshed out weddings and relationships, and how others would think of your relationship with this one sim, but I believe Maxis and EA will have to fix the AI before implementing that.

Not unless you're perfectly okay with having that random sim send you flowers and a puppy, but you have only meet and spent a singly second with them, but they happened to have been flirty during that time.

Wait! This could be good for another idea! Stalkers! Your sims getting random gifts and calls from sims they barely know? Happen to notice that one sim visiting your lot way too often? Well now your sims can file a Restraining Order!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Sim_Man17 wrote: »
    This could be a good idea, but I'm not sure how EA and Maxis will pull it off if they do decide to...
    I mean. I usually prefer my sims to be single. Often because they are Vampires or Aliens and intimate relationships wouldn't realistically work so well with immortals and extraterrestrials. Especially if that significant other happens to be the same occult.
    Plus, I don't understand why reclusive sims would be real big time heart breakers.
    And very very few people believe in "Love at First Sight". Plus, those that do are far less likely to fall for a recluse.
    But yeah. I know. This is The Sims. Which is why I'm a little concerned about what I've stated in my first sentence.
    My sims can't go one day without their phone blowing up from some "acquaintance" that they have meet (more like simply looked at) at some point.
    The new interactions would be great. The new content, the complex/fleshed out weddings and relationships, and how others would think of your relationship with this one sim, but I believe Maxis and EA will have to fix the AI before implementing that.

Not unless you're perfectly okay with having that random sim send you flowers and a puppy, but you have only meet and spent a singly second with them, but they happened to have been flirty during that time.

Wait! This could be good for another idea! Stalkers! Your sims getting random gifts and calls from sims they barely know? Happen to notice that one sim visiting your lot way too often? Well now your sims can file a Restraining Order!

well I'm sure things would need to be work on for it to work but thats the point of the pack romance would likely need to be updated
    just like gardening was
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    we need kissing on the neck for adults not just teens
    I would also like walking while holding hands and bottles of nectar they can have at home
    I also wish they could be afraid of there true love possible passing away like in sims 2
  • Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member

well I'm sure things would need to be work on for it to work but thats the point of the pack romance would likely need to be updated
    just like gardening was
    I would also like walking while holding hands and bottles of nectar they can have at home

Well. Hopefully they do a fine job in updating/fixing relationships as a whole. The idea is good and would implement a lot of new ways for sims to romantically interact as well as implement a little realism. Since some people do tend to judge you as an individual for being intimate as well as just friends with a specific individual.

Nectar Making would be nice. I remember posting something about reintroducing the Nectar Making skill as well as introducing Knitting and Candle Making.

Plus, since I believe in an equilibrium/balance in relationship interactions, I believe there should be new interactions for negative relationships.
    You know. Getting kicked out of the household, have your now despised significant other throw your clothes at you as well as break your possessions. Plus, your sims can judge others positively or negatively depending on who they're with or who they've befriended.
    Plus, introduce "Love-Hate" relationships.

You know. "He's a Demon, he's the Devil, but he's a doll."
    edited August 2018

just like gardening was

Well. Hopefully they do a fine job in updating/fixing relationships as a whole. The idea is good and would implement a lot of new ways for sims to romantically interact as well as implement a little realism. Since some people do tend to judge you as an individual for being intimate as well as just friends with a specific individual.

Nectar Making would be nice. I remember posting something about reintroducing the Nectar Making skill as well as introducing Knitting and Candle Making.

Plus, since I believe in an equilibrium/balance in relationship interactions, I believe there should be new interactions for negative relationships.
    You know. Getting kicked out of the household, have your now despised significant other throw your clothes at you as well as break your possessions. Plus, your sims can judge others positively or negatively depending on who they're with or who they've befriended.
    Plus, introduce "Love-Hate" relationships.

You know. "He's a Demon, he's the Devil, but he's a doll."

I like your ideas new negative interactions are a great idea there are already love hate relationships but you have to go out o your way to make it happen because its so hard to keep a bad relationships with any sim in the game they should make it easier @Sim_Man17
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    it would be cool if are sims could buy rings when they ask sims to marry them and it would also be cool if we could pick the ring
    teen sims should have a whim to give promise rings
    goosing should return
    heart bed needs to come back as well as love letters and I also want more wedding dresses and wedding veils and hats please
    and more wedding cakes and I want there to be anniversaries
    anyway I really want to see what they could do with romance in game sims 2 had an attraction system sims 3 had an attraction system
    sims 4 needs an attraction system
  • AryaKhaleesiAryaKhaleesi Posts: 204 Member
    I would love to have a romance gamepack. All of everyone's ideas are so good.
    giphy.gif
    "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm another person in the room." -Rhoda Morgenstern
  • Cinders27Cinders27 Posts: 34 Member
    I would love a Romance GP to add some actual depth to relationships because they’re really flat and superficial at the moment, you can get sims to marry 5 mins after they met... everyone is attracted to everybody... makes it all seem hollow with no challenge! If not a GP then I hope they’ll at least put the attraction system back in a patch like they have before...
    Karon wrote: »
    I would enjoy if they added the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Matchmaker also, it helped a lot when i just wanted the perfect love for my sim in sims 2. And, Mrs. Crumplebottom, please!

I want that to @karon
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    A romantic pack would enhance Love Day activities in Seasons. Also maybe we'll get some bridal veils in this weeks Patch Thursday. New things are being added in CAS.
    A romantic pack would enhance Love Day activities in Seasons. Also maybe we'll get some bridal veils in this weeks Patch Thursday. New things are being added in CAS.

hope so but I doubt its veils I wish it was though @catloverplayer
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Romance interactions are my fave in Sims games, especially if they're cute. Couples are a huge part of my gameplay and I feel like there's not a lot of interactions between couples in TS4.

Cuddling while sleeping was removed and I wish it'd be added back, along with more things (like the neck kisses but for adults) and couple photo selfies as well as more kissing animations.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    And all of this is null and void until EA puts proper loyalty/faithful traits for Sims. They can have all the romance in the world, cute interactions, be soul mates, etc, but all it takes is for one stupid flirty towny to come around and say something and screw it all up...also that horrible enchanting introduction that my Sims always seem to try and get away with every now and then and they're NOT flirty. I don't even understand why it's an issue. I mean they were ok in putting in flirty "player" interactions, but they can't have loyalty??? The soul mate aspiration gives a burden sharing perk...what good is that even? Like I said, it's all great to want more interactions because trust me I'm dying for them myself and that includes handholding, snuggling in bed, slow dancing, etc, but it all is for naught if Sims can't be loyal to their partners. I know it's no fault of theirs, it's lazy programming, but ugh just the same.
    And all of this is null and void until EA puts proper loyalty/faithful traits for Sims. They can have all the romance in the world, cute interactions, be soul mates, etc, but all it takes is for one stupid flirty towny to come around and say something and screw it all up...also that horrible enchanting introduction that my Sims always seem to try and get away with every now and then and they're NOT flirty. I don't even understand why it's an issue.

Okay yes, this needs to be fixed as well. My sim randomly decided to do the enchanting introduction to Lilith Vatore despite already having a boyfriend with the "soulmates" status, and now she's stuck in my romance tab forever even though I asked to just be friends and their relationship bars have 0 green or pink.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited August 2018
    My wishlist:
    • Turn-ons and Turn-offs. Gender, hair colour, traits, body types (let's go with broad strokes here: "muscular", "petite", "average", "more to love"), careers, household funds, single parents (for Sims who don't like Sims with kids, and Sims who do), older Sims, younger Sims (ie an Adult who likes Young Adults, or a Young Adult who likes Adults), pet owners, business owners, high-level skills (ie Sims who like men with high Handiness, or Sims who like guitarists), etc etc I could go on.
    • Turn-ons would add a small bonus to romantic interactions, turn-offs would subtract from them. The more turn-ons you have, the faster your relationship builds. The more turn-offs, the harder it is. This could result in scenarios where a Sim is madly in love with another Sim, but that other Sim only wants to be friends, if Sim A's turn-ons all match Sim B, but all of Sim B's turn-offs match Sim A.
    • The return of Miss Crumplebottom, to throw a spanner in the works. I literally just had a Sim max out the romance bar with a Sim she met not five minutes earlier. We need someone to come in and spoil the mood.
    • Childhood crushes for kids! Not necessarily a full-fledged romance system, but kids should be able to develop crushes. Potentially as a one-sided relationship. Your romance bar could be maxed out, but the other Sim barely even registers you as anything more than a friend.
    • More formalwear! Wedding dresses, tuxedoes, and awful bridesmaid dresses.
    • Expand the wedding system. Bring back bachelor/bachelorette parties (dancers included), and add some more roles to fill at wedding events. Best Man, Bridesmaid, Father of the Bride, Flower Girl... and so on.
    • If we're adding parties, I'd love to see an actual Prom added for Teen Sims, and a Junior Prom for kids.
    • Online dating! I think this is a must if we add turn-ons, because otherwise you might never find a Sim you click with. I'm picturing something like Tinder, where you see a Sim's portrait and a few of their traits, and you can swipe left or right. If your turn-ons match with theirs, they message you!
    • And just for fun, let's throw in a few bots into the Tinder app, too. Sims that seem too good to be true... because they are, and Sims that are clearly fake- maybe you don't see their traits, only a really fake-sounding bio.
    wJbomAo.png
    Shinzen wrote: »
    And all of this is null and void until EA puts proper loyalty/faithful traits for Sims. They can have all the romance in the world, cute interactions, be soul mates, etc, but all it takes is for one stupid flirty towny to come around and say something and screw it all up...also that horrible enchanting introduction that my Sims always seem to try and get away with every now and then and they're NOT flirty. I don't even understand why it's an issue.

Okay yes, this needs to be fixed as well. My sim randomly decided to do the enchanting introduction to Lilith Vatore despite already having a boyfriend with the "soulmates" status, and now she's stuck in my romance tab forever even though I asked to just be friends and their relationship bars have 0 green or pink.

Ugh that's truly annoying. For me I usually just restart the game when one of my dorks do that enchanting thing. I save often so I usually lose only like an hour of game time, if that. Enchanting should be reserved for single Sims, not dating ones and not married...or at least there should be a "player" and "faithful" option.

By the way @Shinzen your Sim is wicked cool!!! Have you tried to get rid of that romance thing by doing mean interactions? Not sure if that'll help?
    Ugh that's truly annoying. For me I usually just restart the game when one of my dorks do that enchanting thing. I save often so I usually lose only like an hour of game time, if that. Enchanting should be reserved for single Sims, not dating ones and not married...or at least there should be a "player" and "faithful" option.

By the way @Shinzen your Sim is wicked cool!!! Have you tried to get rid of that romance thing by doing mean interactions? Not sure if that'll help?

Ooooh, I'll be sure to try some mean interactions! I'll try anything at this point, haha. And thank you, @TravisBlackfox for your kind words. c:

I'd honestly adore a faithful option, even if it were just a trait, that locked sims from flirting at all once they have a boyfriend/girlfriend or above, because even marriage doesn't seem to stop the sims from being super flirty with everyone, so needless to say I highly agree with you :D
    What got on my nerves is I sent my two Sims to Brindleton Bay so the one could teach his fox some tricks in the dog park. While he was at it, the one fella in the married couple that came with the back started to chat with him and had his dog. In the mean time, my Sims husband went to that Sim's husband and did that enchanting nonsense then the conversation got heated really fast. I was like ok really? Y'all are both in front of your husbands and you do that carp???? And for the record my Sim wasn't flirty, just waltzed up to him and started that. Soooooo stupid. Needless to say they teach the dog tricks at home now or on one of their many private lots I made for them pfft
    edited August 2018
    What got on my nerves is I sent my two Sims to Brindleton Bay so the one could teach his fox some tricks in the dog park. While he was at it, the one fella in the married couple that came with the back started to chat with him and had his dog. In the mean time, my Sims husband went to that Sim's husband and did that enchanting nonsense then the conversation got heated really fast. I was like ok really? Y'all are both in front of your husbands and you do that carp???? And for the record my Sim wasn't flirty, just waltzed up to him and started that. Soooooo stupid. Needless to say they teach the dog tricks at home now or on one of their many private lots I made for them pfft

I do think stuff like that should remain for those who like drama that they don't have to force in there game however I do think a faithful trait would be a great idea for those who don't want that a faithful aspiration would be great and a faithful reward where they don't flirt with other sims would be great they would have to add some marriage interactions like look at photo album together cook dinner for your partner
    and then for the aspiration they'd have to do the new interactions as well as woohoo with no one else for a week flirt with no one else for three days slow dance together and of course woohoo together after all that you get the trait what do you guys think @TravisBlackfox @Shinzen
    oh and also they would turn down all flirting from other sims and become angry when they do so
    because how dare they even think they'd do something like that to there beloved
    The flirting is messed up too. The gardener of all people came to the house and one of my boys went to answer the door. I keep it locked to all household so the guy couldn't come in, but he and my Sim were talking through the door. The gardener said something flirty and my Sim got all upset, biting his fist and looking upset. His husband heard and actually ran from the kitchen to the front door. I was expecting a big fight between he and the gardener, but no. He screamed at his poor husband who had nothing to do with any of it. Ugh. I'm so glad I reset things because that's bologna.