Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will someone fix the detective profession already?

It's been broken for ages.

Crime scenes without evidence, clues that don't 100% match the generated guilty sims, and broken animations.

Look at this:

InIQ8Q2.png

cLeIKlC.png

The "issue citation" animation has been broken since the second patch after the release of GTW.

The jail doors are also a pain to deal with, sometimes the prisoners teleport outside them when my sim interacts with them and most of the time they go to the wrong place to open the wrong door.

RV2oFe5.png

UTEj5Po.png

It's really sad at this point.
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2018
    [deleted]
    Post edited by Simpkin on
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited September 2017
    my sim always opens the door like that too, its like they stand at the next door to open the door before it? You also have a weird issue where if you tell your sim to ask multiple sims if they seen the one your looking for, it just asks the first one over and cancels the others and you need to make sure your not talking to any sim before asking if they seen the one your looking for, also finding the sim your looking for is awful, so many times i tried to find them but either they leave the lot before i get to them or they simply are not there.

Ultimately had my sim quit this job as it is too buggy to enjoy.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2017
    The only explanation I can think of is that this isn't a simple bug, but ultimately a 'hole' that wasn't filled in for the career. It needs the EP guys to fill it in with code, not just the patchers.

Every so often we see something tweaked for Get To Work, but it's never part of the career itself.

Nonetheless it sure would be nice if we at least knew why it isn't being done.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I get that arm animation glitch in different locations from time to time. Never seen it at the police station.
    But the "suspect doesn't match the clues" thing is annoying. Lilith can't advance until she interrogates a suspect.
    She actually arrested the right person the other day (even though almost none of the clues matched). Problem is, he was a ghost. So she can't interrogate him. Even when he shows up as a civilian.
    I even tried the Wishing Well. She got a positive on promotion, but she still has to interrogate someone to advance.
    Otherwise, I'm having fun with a vampire in that career, so I'll stick with it.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited September 2017
    The detective career is the only one I've never tried, and now I can't even do that because it's freakin' broken. It's been like what, a year? This is ridiculous.

I'm honestly so angry because of yesterday's patch that introduced little to no bug fixes. TS4's list of bugs is steadily growing to reach the numbers of TS3's one, if it hasn't already. Pretty sure Detective Career is another Isla Paradiso. They'll just gonna go on and pretend it never existed.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I get the arm glitch all the time at the police station, questioning about the suspect and then there is the dreaded crime scene. It's always telling me to get the 5th clue but there is generally 2-3 it happens at every crime scene so I don't follow my copper to work anymore because of those bugs.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I definitely second this! I can't enjoy playing as a detective because the clues never match anyone! Its a shame really as it is my favourite of the active careers :/ considering the price of the expansion, something should be done to address this issue already
  • Options
    LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    In the detective profession I will go to a site and no clues will be there or actions will cancel when they shouldn't.
    I really cant believe they haven't fixed any of this stuff.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I wouldn't hold my breath for a fix. Its been how long, we just got a patch the other day too.
    We bought the pack already, they have our money, what do they care if we can use all parts of the EP?
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It's been broken for ages.

Crime scenes without evidence, clues that don't 100% match the generated guilty sims, and broken animations.

Look at this:

InIQ8Q2.png

cLeIKlC.png

The "issue citation" animation has been broken since the second patch after the release of GTW.

The jail doors are also a pain to deal with, sometimes the prisoners teleport outside them when my sim interacts with them and most of the time they go to the wrong place to open the wrong door.

RV2oFe5.png

UTEj5Po.png

It's really sad at this point.

Don't hold your breath, I would love for it to be fixed too, but looking at EA/Maxis's track record on fixing problems.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    The lack of clues, contradictory clues, and the clues not matching the perp were really annoying at first. But I'm having so much fun with all the other interactions that I decided to try outwitting the system.
    Lilith issues an APB, goes to the site, and interviews the first 3 or 4 Sims who show up. Then I Save the game, come back, and start arresting people. If it's the wrong person, I Exit and come back (or just keep arresting till I get the right person).
    Lat night Lilith went to a crime scene in an apartment, and there were almost too many clues. I swear, she picked up 8 evidence and took 8 crime scene photos.
    Have you done the "Search For Clues" action? Click on a room and "Search For Clues." Your Sim goes in, and colored lights radiate out and sometimes a clue appears. The higher up they are the better chance of finding something.

So far it's working pretty well. She's going to make Sergeant tonight.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    The detective career is the only one I've never tried, and now I can't even do that because it's freakin' broken. It's been like what, a year? This is ridiculous.

I'm honestly so angry because of yesterday's patch that introduced little to no bug fixes. TS4's list of bugs is steadily growing to reach the numbers of TS3's one, if it hasn't already. Pretty sure Detective Career is another Isla Paradiso. They'll just gonna go on and pretend it never existed.

But you got a new pair of pants that's exactly like an existing pair except it has ZIPPERS on it.

You should be really grateful and give the Sims team your credit card number.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    "The Be Prepared Security Gate can now be placed on tall, small, and in all between fence sizes."

Really...haha that's the patch note for GTW. I hope they fix it, it's broken for so long.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    The lack of clues, contradictory clues, and the clues not matching the perp were really annoying at first. But I'm having so much fun with all the other interactions that I decided to try outwitting the system.
    Lilith issues an APB, goes to the site, and interviews the first 3 or 4 Sims who show up. Then I Save the game, come back, and start arresting people. If it's the wrong person, I Exit and come back (or just keep arresting till I get the right person).
    Lat night Lilith went to a crime scene in an apartment, and there were almost too many clues. I swear, she picked up 8 evidence and took 8 crime scene photos.
    Have you done the "Search For Clues" action? Click on a room and "Search For Clues." Your Sim goes in, and colored lights radiate out and sometimes a clue appears. The higher up they are the better chance of finding something.

So far it's working pretty well. She's going to make Sergeant tonight.

Oh I totally forgot about that option! *Face palms* @TheLibrarySim Thanks for the reminder.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    GTW seems to have a lot of things broken, from alien faces to the cereers themselves. Disappointing. :(
  • Options
    Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    I've definitely encountered the weird "use the force" door glitch and the no clues at the crime scene thing (but only early in the career). But those are the only two issues I've encountered, and the career has otherwise given me the right suspects, clues at the crime scene (once I get to a certain level in the game), and works properly. Weird.

Maybe it's because I play the Mac version? Or is it something else?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Mycatjake1 wrote: »
    I've definitely encountered the weird "use the force" door glitch and the no clues at the crime scene thing (but only early in the career). But those are the only two issues I've encountered, and the career has otherwise given me the right suspects, clues at the crime scene (once I get to a certain level in the game), and works properly. Weird.

Maybe it's because I play the Mac version? Or is it something else?

I dunno. I've gotten those weird arm animations in other places. I've never had the "use the force" door problem
    The Scientist career has always been glitch free.
    So I don't know if it's a Mac/PC thing.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Completely agree as this has been broken now since March and has been been reported several times as ive seen it. This is exactly what happened with the sims 3 and ambitions, the careers broke and the devs never bothered to fix them.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    agustd wrote: »

But you got a new pair of pants that's exactly like an existing pair except it has ZIPPERS on it.

You should be really grateful and give the Sims team your credit card number.

Can you post a comparison picture? I’m not sure which pair of pants you’re talking about that supposedly look exactly like the new ones, but without zippers?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm wondering if the girl who got the citation was wearing a different outfit if she would bend her arm out of shape like that? I see a lot of stuff like that in TS2 when it's bad custom content clothes. But I'm sure they will say it's pathing or something and never could be their clothes meshes....
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    The craziest thing happened last night. Lilith got about 5 clues, called in an APB, and when she appeared the perp was standing right in front of her! He matched all the clues, she arrested him, and after going Crazy Cop on him, he confessed.
    Not a single glitch, fake clue, missing suspect or anything. It was fantastic.
    I'm wondering if maybe it has something to do with her rank? She was just about to make Sergeant. Maybe the glitch lessens as Sims advance in this career?
    Gurus, did you secretly fix this? If so, THANK YOU!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Once, a character was talking to a male of mine and the "You have been caught as an alien. Embarassed!" message came up. My Sim isn't an alien.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe you should move this to the proper section so the proper devs (the ones who do the fixing) will see this post. It might do more good there than in the general, overall EP section, yes?
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    this doesn't happen on my game
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I thought I arrested the right person - well not according to the clues, but that person just kept saying I was arresting the wrong person. The person who allowed me to arrest them is the police chief. I can search her, fingerprint her and mug shot her, but can't put her in the jail or interrogate her. Now I am stuck with this case. Can you give the case to someone else?
    EA ID burnished_dragon