Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Tooth Stuff (Image Heavy!)

Comments

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Your render of the portable confectionary stand looks great! @keylimepiesims :) It would be a great part of the pack!
    W1NTER wrote: »
    I shouldn't read it before sleep. Now I want to eat. >:)
    Nice ideas.

Thank you both! <3
  • YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    I WANT THIS
    also now I'm craving candy :s
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I would buy this in a heartbeat! But we'd need a dentist career too, to cope with all the tooth decay our Sims would get... :D
  • PrivateProfilePrivateProfile Posts: 8 New Member
    Love the new stuff pack idea! I hope the outfits look trendy and modern. ;)
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited September 2017
    ts4_sweet_tooth_stuff_pack___render_2_fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dbnil5w.png

I love your Stall! I would want it to look just like that! Maybe with a pic of a chocolate at the top as well, to better match all the other stalls we have in game. I would LOVE for it to be portable and useable by our own sims (and wish that the CL ones would do the same)
    @Simalleyaile Wow your post put such a huge smile on my face, so many fantastic ideas and I hope you don't mind me including them in the OP with some links back to your post and the original thread too.

It's such a clever idea to have emotional buffs from eating the different kinds of candy, and it would be so awesome to have those chocolate/sugar sculptures, even if they end up not being craftable, to decorate the confectionery stores with.

So many awesome ideas, thank you for posting, and I'll be sure to add them all to the OP as well as read your original thread. :smile:

That would make me very sad. It's a reason why I prefer to get this in a game pack over a stuff pack. No offense to Graham and his team, but stuff packs by their very nature are limited when it comes to gameplay, and I'm really craving more things for my sims to DO, not just to eat and look at. It's why I want my sims to be able to craft sculptures out of sugar and chocolate - as a part of the Sugar/Confectionery Skill. Plus, it's a pretty trendy thing to do right now, and has never been done in the game before.

I don't really care about clothing and furniture to tie in with chocolate, but I would love to play a Sim whoseCareer is a Confectioner or a Chocolatier. Now that they've introduced these new "Work From Home Careers" I think they could make an awesome one, where our sim could either go to the Chocolate Factory to work, or stay home and Design Chocolates on the Easel, Craft Chocolate Sculptures, Make Chocolates, or Sell Chocolates with the portable Stall you've shown. Chocolates and Candy. There's the two different branches. (And they are actually really different in skill too. Chocolate is much easier to work with than sugar, and certainly less dangerous. You can give yourself some really nasty burns with sugar ... another buff! Sugar burn.)

Also, I'm not against a Bit Of Wacky in my game as long as it's to do with gameplay, not just decorational. That Secret Lot to Explore I mentioned could be a new small world a bit like Sylvan Glades, with Chocolate Waterfalls the sims could actually drink, edible flowers they could pick - that would make them either euphorically happy, or intensely ill. And while I doubt there's enough to make an actual Dentist Career, our sims could meet a zaney NPC character in the new Secret Lot who could not only help our sims increase the Confectionery Skill at a very high rate, could also unlock secret recipes, give our sims "special ingredients" to make fantastical candy with strange effects - like filling all their needs at once! (can only be made once the sim has MAXED the Skill!) He could also give us the Secret Recipe to No More Tooth Decay, or the Secret Never Get Fat Again Recipe. The Secret Lot could also grow the new harvestables that have been mentioned, including Sugar Cane, or a fantasy/made up Sugar Plant.
    Loanet wrote: »
    Sounds tasty.

With the Candy-cooking skill, it might be cool to relocate the candy-based recipies to the candy-cooking skill too.

I do think there should be a couple of genuinely silly candy-themed clothes and items, but not too many, and make them for your kids and toddlers, who would enjoy it. Certainly not the tasteless 'Sweet Treats' level of ridiculous plum. But we do have some weird plants, so how about a 'Candy Apple' treehouse?

If candy can't spoil, it needs a downer - which is that it makes you fat quicker.

(Also a new world - Candyland! JK)

Also, you could give your kids treats for being good, and taunt people by eating chocolate in front of them to be mean?

I think the downside to Candy and Chocolate never spoiling could be that eating one is the equivalent to eating a piece of fruit - they barely have any effect on a sim's hunger. Then, if a sim eats too many, they start to get a HEAP of bad side effects (which the Sweet tooth trait sim is immune to). Sugar Rush: where the sim is super energized and cannot sleep for 8 hours, Toothache, which has bee mentioned, Stomach Ache, making the sim Very Uncomfortable, and even Throwing Up - need more things in the game to make sims to do this. >:) And definitely gets you fat quicker!

Candyland could be a real thing in Sims 4 with it's Secret Lots! We just need to think up fun ideas for why we'd send our sims there. How 'bout we finally get an actual RAINBOW in the game, and every time a sim visits, there's a pot of gold at the end of it. Sometimes it's only $100, but sometimes it's $10, 000! Flirting with the Zaney Character we meet there could give us an immediate Promotion in the Confectionery Career. He says, "Oooh, I like you soooo much, hang on" gets out his Hot Pink Phone to arrange a promotion with our boss. Also, the crazy Candy Themed Clothes could be something He/She wears, and if you be-friend him/her, you'll unlock his outfit in CAS for your sim to wear. Maybe he comes with an AWESWOME HAT! And if you woohoo with him/her in the Chocolate Waterfall, your sim becomes just like him/her - the outfit, maxed out the skill, knows all the secret recipes and has the ability to give sims in the Confectionery Career a promotion.
    @Simalleyaile The thing is, we could just keep thinking of more an more ideas that would be perfectly suited to a confectionery themed pack, and we'd probably end up with an expansion sized pack! I liked the idea of this particular theme being a stuff pack because it can reuse a lot of base game elements (animations, recoloured objects/outfits, more gameplay added to base game objects), it doesn't need a lot of new gameplay objects, and like others have said, there are other themes that would be better suited for a GP and we really don't know how many or how few GP's we have left.

I totally agree that the confectionery career should be like the semi-active City Living careers, because there'd be so many tasks to complete from home like you mentioned.

Again, I think a new world is asking too much of a SP, as much as I'd love one. Although.. maybe they could do something with Sylvan Glade (which is base game and already sort of candy themed?) and there you could find the new harvestables and meet the NPC. Speaking of, are we talking about maybe a Willy Wonka-esque character here? Because I'd totally be down for that!

You have so many great ideas though, and I'll add them all to the OP. :smile:
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Absolutely inlove with it ! :3
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

edited September 2017
    Some ideas for how to incorporate Sylvan Glade into the pack:

So Sylvan Glade is a very underused world imo, it's base game so it's available to all players, yet there's not really a reason to go there.
    I think it would be awesome if they could give Sylvan Glade some love with this pack, the new harvestables could spawn there (ginger root/liquorice root, maybe a cocoa tree) as well as the return of the magical Jelly Bean bush from TS3 Supernatural. That would be such a nice throwback!
    jellybean_1.jpg?itok=woZtGYk-

This would also be the perfect location to introduce a new Willy Wonka-esque NPC who guards the jelly bean bush, and he offers you a challenge to eat a jelly bean without dying, if you complete it he rewards you with unique recipes.
    Post edited by keylimepiesims on
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited October 2017
    Yes, my ideas are too big for a stuff pack. Just me getting carried away about chocolate! :D (just ate some in RL, and think I'm on a sugar high now!) Still, its better to have too many ideas than not enough in the brainstorming stage, and it's always fun to be creative with fellow simmers. :) Especially such creative ones like yourself. :)

New skill that unlocks recipes that manipulate moods and sims' needs, new harvestables, new edible/interactive secret lot the size of Sylvan Glades (which already has fairies - I'm hoping we'll one day discover Fae there) , New NPC character, new career, new chocolate/sugar crafting activity need the depth of a Hobbies Game or Expansion pack. More in depth gameplay ideas are in my thread here: Gameplay Ideas for Chocolate and Candy

Anyway, didn't mean to put a damper on your Stuff Pack idea, or even for you to include any of my ideas (that are more suited in a bigger pack)in your opening post. I'll still try and keep my own posts open, in hope that a developer may read them. I have a post on the Aussie forum too I wrote before we had Cool Kitchen or Spa Day. http://forums.thesims.com/en_AU/discussion/768184/lollies-chocolates-and-perfume (originally thinking about SUGAR, and how it could be used in both confectionery and body care products.) In that thread, I even went so far as growing the sugar cane and cacao tree, then refining them with a new refinery object, then using them in recipes ... as you can see I really like in-depth gameplay and have entirely too much spare time on my hands!
    Post edited by Simalleyaile on
  • SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    I like this, I'd buy a stuff pack like this just for the confectionary stand alone!
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    You forgot the tube at the end that siphons all candy directly into my mouth.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    death by tooth decay >:)

Maybe we could get a Dentist profession and really torture our sims.
  • Emerald_SimmerEmerald_Simmer Posts: 37 Member
    This looks really fun (and delicious)! I really like the idea of the candy/sweets giving a buff. I'm not sure how I feel about the nut allergy thing. There is something about it that I'm not sure I like but I can't really articulate. I love the fashion ideas. Both the Paris and Lolita styles feel really fitting and I think some of each would be fun.
    New render! Inspiration for it comes from the group activities in Parenthood, like creating the school projects. I thought it would be great if the whole family could join in on creating various confectionery, like candy apples!

ts4_sweet_tooth_stuff_pack___render_3_fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dbnugig.png
    @Yoko2112 Ah I love those outfits, they're so smart but they look so comfy! Some of those hairstyles would really work with the pack as well, short smart and wavy!
    Thank you for posting, I really love those candy striped overalls. :love:
    This looks really fun (and delicious)! I really like the idea of the candy/sweets giving a buff. I'm not sure how I feel about the nut allergy thing. There is something about it that I'm not sure I like but I can't really articulate. I love the fashion ideas. Both the Paris and Lolita styles feel really fitting and I think some of each would be fun.

Maybe the nut allergy is a little too close to real life issues, especially if it can result in death. I might take that bit out, looking at it now I think you're right, somethings wrong there.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    I am blaming you when I gain 5 pounds tonight! :D

Yeah, I just dropped a jeans size. B)

As long as we don't get another giant item like the cupcake machine, I think I could go for this. Especially if we can get the ability to give gifts as part of the pre-pack patch, and also sell them like you can sell items from the cupcake machine.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I also think it would be cute if we had a little interactive cookie jar, which you could fill with store - bought cookies, or your own. And, then, you could steal from the cookie jar :wink:
    01-hand-in-cookie-jar-e1282322757149.jpg?w=800
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited September 2017
    I have a sweet tooth irl & would love to play this pack!

I don't have any ideas to contribute but I'm definitely keeping tabs on this thread :relaxed:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    i'm craving honeycomb now. it's my favourite sweet thing ever.
    moss

• vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    I love this idea! <3<3
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    New render! Inspiration for it comes from the group activities in Parenthood, like creating the school projects. I thought it would be great if the whole family could join in on creating various confectionery, like candy apples!

ts4_sweet_tooth_stuff_pack___render_3_fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dbnugig.png

I like this render. If the stuff pack were like this, I'd buy it. I just don't want another Katie Perry bubble gum crap pack. I would rather have a sweet tooth pack for family activities than for a shop.
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    edited September 2017
    Would you include my Candy Factory into your stuff idea, please? It looks like this...

mr__freeman_s_candy_factory_by_freeman_enterprises_by_the_1_great_fan-dau2wfd.png

Yeah I might make a candy factory render later on, there are a few others I'd like to do first though.

Oh thank you! This factory will make candies like Jelly Beans, Gummy bears, chocolate wafer bars, and so on. Oh yeah, we could also make snack cakes.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I really like your idea !

If it doesn't fit into a SP, I think this theme could be explored in a romantic pack too (with a florist, a Paris-inspired neighborhhod, content around dating and gifts like flowers, chocolates and candies) or a season pack (Christmas market, Easter chocolate, Halloween candies, there're sweet things to eat with all the holidays :D)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top