Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet Tooth Stuff (Image Heavy!)

Comments

• SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Yes! This is exactly what I've wanted way back when we first got the baking skill in GTW. I made a thread about it back in 2015! Still, I have hope that it gets picked up for the game eventually.

I'll post some of the ideas here, but there was a fun discussion about gameplay suggestions throughout the thread: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/843017/gameplay-ideas-for-chocolate-and-candy/p1

I've really enjoyed the new BAKERY skill and all the new food, and started thinking about how we could make more food with a different skill. I'd love for my sims to be able to make Chocolates and Candies - and then of course eat them, and sell them.

It could all come under a CONFECTIONERY SKILL, and work similar to how the bakery skill works.

As you advance through the levels, new recipes would become available, and we could use all the fruits that we harvest in game for different flavours.

The higher levels could give us some kind of gameplay benefits from eating the candy.
    Mints: Confidence
    Chocolate Coated Strawberries: Flirty
    Chocolate Coated Coffee Beans: Instant Energy!
    Honeycomb: Instant Fun!
    Bliss Bombs: Playful

Also, a benefit to our candy that other foods don't have: They NEVER spoil! So we can have them in our inventories for as long as we like.

If we use rare ingredients with advanced skill, we could get benefits like doing homework or career daily tasks instantly - or at least super quick!

jT3wRGg.png
    8bOmTIv.png
    DOmK8m7.png

Edit: Added these ideas:
    • Sweet tooth trait
    • Confectionery and Chocolatier CAREER in Culinary Branch
    • Chocolate and Sugar Sculpting - edible art works
    • Chocolate Factory for KIDS
    • Food Busking - Portable Cotton Candy Machine
    • Functional Jam and Spread Jars - kids can make sandwiches!
    • Group Cocoa - made on stove/grill
    • Gift Giving brought back
    • New Category on Easel for Sweet Tooth Sims
    ... also

Jams! - sims could make jams on the stove (or even the grill in a pot) with the fruits in the game. Jam is pretty easy to make, so it should appear in either level 1 or 2 of the confectionery skill. We could make things like Lemon Butter, and Chocolate Spread.
    JWKu21D.png

When we click on the jar, we could have options like: 'Eat from Jar' where the sims could spoon it straight into their mouths, and 'Spread on Bread' where the sims can make a quick sandwich. This should be available to KIDS as well.

Those sims with the sweet tooth trait could be immune to any negative buffs associated with eating too much sweet stuff.

Those with the sweet tooth trait ALWAYS has the option to "Give a sim a sweet treat!'

Sweet Tooth sims could also unlock a new category on the Painting Easel, where they can paint artworks inspired by Chocolate and Candy. We can then sell them in our Chocolate and Candy Shops, are just use them as decorations around our Cafes, Bakeries and at home.
    m70Qnbr.jpg[/quote]
    ... also, I would love some more CAREER options for my sweet toothed sims!

How 'bout, adding a Confectioner's Career to the culinary branch. So we'd have 3 options after level 5 - mixologist, chef and *new* Confectioner.

As a confectioner, they would have to advance in the confectionery skill, and creativity skill, and eventually become a MASTER of Confection, with the highest salary of all 3 branches in the culinary career.

A new interactive object could be unlocked: The Sculpting Stand, used for chocolate and sugar sculpting.

PojTkv7.png

A part of their daily tasks, could be to Make Sculptures
    • This sculptures could then be used as edible centrepieces for parties. Sims could 'grab a bite' to eat them, and enthuse about candy.
    • The sculptures could also be sold to the 'local Candy Store' to make simoleans - or be sold in a retail store if we have GTW installed.
    • The sculptures could start out fairly simple, and become very complex, as the sim advances through the skill.

Chocolate Sculptures
    l2Ghwoy.png

Sugar Sculptures
    vThirIh.png

... I would like to be able to make hot cocoa on a stove or grill

That way, we could make hot chocolate while we go camping at Granite Falls, or picnicing in any of the parks and public areas. Group serving of 8!

3qGFI9E.png[/quote]

PORTABLE COTTON CANDY MACHINE

WF7sUZk.png

Sims could buy this object to put in their inventory, and then take to any community lot, or use in any of the public spaces. Food Busking! Make simoleans, while they also advance in the confectionery skill.

ooh, I just want to add something else to the idea of SUGAR:

How 'bout a soda maker, so that sims can make sodas to drink. We can have two options:

Natural juice from FRUITS we harvest, eg, if we have cherries, we can make cherry soda - gives a 'natural sweetness of fruit' buff, happy.
    Syrups that don't require Fruits (so those who don't like gardening can still use it). This would give a 'sugar rush' buff, VERY playful.

lYVGo6D.png

Other ideas that came up in the thread were for dentists, a new secret lot to explore.

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I love it.

But I think besides the skill and new animations for it, we should get a stand (like the lemonade stand) for kids-older to sell things in the street or community lot. :)

We should probably be able to have cocoa plants to harvest and use in the recipes.

Yes I absolutely think the inclusion of a stall (maybe similar to the CL food stalls) to sell our Sims goodies would be crucial, especially for those who don't own GTW but still want to run a little confectioners!

family-in-front-of-a-stall-selling-chocolate-at-the-frankfurt-german-CC1K8X.jpg
    market-stall-selling-traditional-fudge-BG5BX8.jpg
    LaMamaSims wrote: »
    I love this idea! I agree with one of the commenters on the idea of adding Lolita dresses or even a Lolita pack with purses, hair bows, dresses, gloves, shoes, face masks, socks, wall pictures/decor, etc. Like what's on this page... http://kawaiiclothing.storenvy.com/
    Otoyo wrote: »
    I really liked your suggestion of more Parisian fashion (though the Lolita style is very cute as well). I imagine having dates going to the candy store, or families bringing children. I really like it.

I don't see why they couldn't do both styles in one pack, they're both pretty fitting of the theme and it would be nice to have a couple of casual everyday Parisian outfits as well as some Lolita dresses for maybe parties or even employee uniforms?
    the cotton candy machine is a great idea too. also the candied ginger! makes me think it'd be cool if you could "candy" some of the stuff you can grow in-game. because I love to google pics here's some more outfit ideas with more of a lean to the Parisian aspect.
    2.-sweater-with-skirt-and-high-socks.jpg
    eec0c654be84403f2a9d808ff9bb4b27--parisian-fashion-parisian-style.jpg
    HiP-Paris-Blog-Carin-Olsson-Paris-Fashion-Week-2.jpg
    3a873ec7246cf94704b622af2276879e.jpg
    paris_fashion_week_street_style_men_crystal_nicodemus_olive_trench.jpg
    and a storefront for good measure. sure there's a lot of better examples but I'm off to run an errand!
    910f664fa12011cb0c29510a4701352a.jpg

Oooh I like the idea of candying harvestables, it wouldn't be too animation-heavy and it could be done on the basegame stoves, or even the cupcake machine I suppose.

Those Parisian outfits are so perfect as well, keep 'em coming because they are such gorgeous pictures! :love:

And we definitely need more storefront decor, lots of cute hand written signs and menu boards!
    edited September 2017
    @Simalleyaile Wow your post put such a huge smile on my face, so many fantastic ideas and I hope you don't mind me including them in the OP with some links back to your post and the original thread too.

It's such a clever idea to have emotional buffs from eating the different kinds of candy, and it would be so awesome to have those chocolate/sugar sculptures, even if they end up not being craftable, to decorate the confectionery stores with.

So many awesome ideas, thank you for posting, and I'll be sure to add them all to the OP as well as read your original thread. :smile:
  • ElfinCynElfinCyn Posts: 4 New Member
    I adore this idea, because making candies for friends is one of my favorite hobbies. I'd love for my sims to be able to do it.
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    The only problem is my self-sim would have to have both the nut allergy and the sweet tooth trait in order to be truly realistic, lol.
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    The only problem is my self-sim would have to have both the nut allergy and the sweet tooth trait in order to be truly realistic, lol.

Oh dear, that's going to take up valuable trait slots! I'm also wondering if they'd have to mark food with 'contains nuts', kind of like the food marked vegetarian.
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    Love the clothing choices!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2017
    Sounds tasty.

With the Candy-cooking skill, it might be cool to relocate the candy-based recipies to the candy-cooking skill too.

I do think there should be a couple of genuinely silly candy-themed clothes and items, but not too many, and make them for your kids and toddlers, who would enjoy it. Certainly not the tasteless 'Sweet Treats' level of ridiculous crap. But we do have some weird plants, so how about a 'Candy Apple' treehouse?

If candy can't spoil, it needs a downer - which is that it makes you fat quicker.

(Also a new world - Candyland! JK)

Also, you could give your kids treats for being good, and taunt people by eating chocolate in front of them to be mean?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    Sounds tasty.

With the Candy-cooking skill, it might be cool to relocate the candy-based recipies to the candy-cooking skill too.

I do think there should be a couple of genuinely silly candy-themed clothes and items, but not too many, and make them for your kids and toddlers, who would enjoy it. Certainly not the tasteless 'Sweet Treats' level of ridiculous plum. But we do have some weird plants, so how about a 'Candy Apple' treehouse?

If candy can't spoil, it needs a downer - which is that it makes you fat quicker.

(Also a new world - Candyland! JK)

Also, you could give your kids treats for being good, and taunt people by eating chocolate in front of them to be mean?

Hmm that might be tricky, aren't most of the sweet recipes already tied to the baking skill? Unless you mean like the basic cakes and cupcakes, in which case I think they're probably fine left under the cooking skill. Confectionery is really only about chocolate truffles and candies, and there'd be plenty of new recipes to add under the new skill.

I agree with you on the outfits, I don't think this pack should be too CAS heavy, it needs to focus more on the Build/Buy and the new recipes/gameplay. Even though it's a stuff pack, gameplay should be it's key element!

Building on what you said about candy making your Sims fat, how awesome would it be to incorporate those new teeth we got in the CAS update?

Imagine this: Your Sim has eaten waaay too many sweet things and they get a new moodlet 'Toothache', they can get rid of the moodlet easily by brushing their teeth, but if left untreated they begin to get tooth decay and their teeth change into the shattered broken variant.
    Then to reverse this, they can dial up the dentist on their phone and walk off the lot to get braces fitted, which would last for a few days and then their teeth would be back to normal!
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Great, now I want to eat something sweet an I have nothing... :/

I really like the idea though ;)
    Great, now I want to eat something sweet an I have nothing... :/

I really like the idea though ;)

I really should put a hunger warning in the title.. :joy:
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    @keylimepiesims Yes, you do! :tongue:
    New Sweet Tooth SP render! My idea of how the confectionery stand could look, it would be a portable object that can fit in your Sims inventory and once set up, allows your Sim to sell their confectionery goods!

ts4_sweet_tooth_stuff_pack___render_2_fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dbnil5w.png
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Very nice idea.
    Now I'm hungry thanks. Lol
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Tagging @SimGuruGraham now that there's a little more to look at! :blush::heart:
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Not enough Katy Perry candy trees. >:(
    wJbomAo.png
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    some cute indoor/outdoor seating would be great for this pack too. that render is amazing!
    6riwm5.png
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    Would you include my Candy Factory into your stuff idea, please? It looks like this...

mr__freeman_s_candy_factory_by_freeman_enterprises_by_the_1_great_fan-dau2wfd.png
  • W1NTERW1NTER Posts: 5 New Member
    I shouldn't read it before sleep. Now I want to eat. >:)
    Nice ideas.
    some cute indoor/outdoor seating would be great for this pack too. that render is amazing!

@littlemissgogo Thank you! Do you have any examples of seating you think would fit? Feel free to post some pics. :)
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Not enough Katy Perry candy trees. >:(

Haha, you won't get any of that in here. :persevere:
    Would you include my Candy Factory into your stuff idea, please? It looks like this...

mr__freeman_s_candy_factory_by_freeman_enterprises_by_the_1_great_fan-dau2wfd.png

Yeah I might make a candy factory render later on, there are a few others I'd like to do first though.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top