Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are vampires really as obnoxious as people say?

Comments

• Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    I never have problems with them
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2017
    I've played saves with mainly vampires and some entirely without like my current one. Can't say I've ever been visited by one or bitten by one in this one. I'm not even sure I've seen any vampires around (some I thought might be some but not so obnoxiously so that I knew or cared any further if they were). So if you're interested in the pack, and haven't got any major issues now, I don't think you'll be bothered by them in saves where you don't want them :)
  • Options
    NotAHappyGamerNotAHappyGamer Posts: 1 New Member
    Yeah they're pretty obnoxious. The summary is, it's chance whether they'll invade you or not and with me it's as bad as every other day that I'll be invaded.

It's fun to be a vampire if that's your thing but if you're playing the sims normally they'll invade your house whenever they want day and can force your sims to pass out so you have to study vampires like last day exams and this-just-in that doesn't even work.

Oh by the way, unlike burglars in earlier games you cant do anything about vampires. No alarms or ways of calling for help, they're free to violate yours sims as they please with no repercussions. I even tried being a detective and just force arresting the assailant (thats what they are i hate them so much) but of course they would say no to getting arrested cause that's how detectives work.

You can litter your house with garlic items but that has a pretty big chance of not working I've just discovered. Why? Why is that a thing? I cant stab them with wood so why chance the only defences in the game?

Either way just keep your doors locked and be as asocial as possible if you're not planning to play with vampires but want it anyway.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Yeah they're pretty obnoxious. The summary is, it's chance whether they'll invade you or not and with me it's as bad as every other day that I'll be invaded.

It's fun to be a vampire if that's your thing but if you're playing the sims normally they'll invade your house whenever they want day and can force your sims to pass out so you have to study vampires like last day exams and this-just-in that doesn't even work.

Oh by the way, unlike burglars in earlier games you cant do anything about vampires. No alarms or ways of calling for help, they're free to violate yours sims as they please with no repercussions. I even tried being a detective and just force arresting the assailant (thats what they are i hate them so much) but of course they would say no to getting arrested cause that's how detectives work.

You can litter your house with garlic items but that has a pretty big chance of not working I've just discovered. Why? Why is that a thing? I cant stab them with wood so why chance the only defences in the game?

Either way just keep your doors locked and be as asocial as possible if you're not planning to play with vampires but want it anyway.

I know this is not what your actual post is about, but how awesome would it have been if we could pierce their hearts with a wooden stake a la Buffy? Probably too gory for many simmers but I would have welcomed such an addition with open arms :smiley:
  • Options
    VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    I haven't had any of these obnoxious incidents with vampires invading houses. They sometimes come visit at night with families who have friends/relations in the vampire world and/or who are raising young vampires. Most of them do not enter the house without permission. None have ever attacked any of my sims while NPCs. In fact, the only incidents I have had in my game with sim vampires attacking other sims without direction has been when they are in a very angry mood state. This has happened twice and in both cases the sim was one of my sims and they went and did it without direction against a close family member. In the case of the one vampire, he had a guilt fit afterwards and basically hid in his room for the next day because of it.

So I have no idea whether this is the lottery of the game, but I have about fifteen of my own vampires bred and there are at least ten or twelve NPC vampires lurking around and most of them you don't even know they are vampires unless you click on them to interact because they aren't doing anything obnoxious.

*shrug*

Maybe I'm just lucky...?
    I think it would've been awesome to have a Vampire Hunter career path specifically though with the pack and the ability to create some kind of Vampire Human War.
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    LiesSim wrote: »

I know this is not what your actual post is about, but how awesome would it have been if we could pierce their hearts with a wooden stake a la Buffy? Probably too gory for many simmers but I would have welcomed such an addition with open arms :smiley:

Honestly if that were possible I would buy the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of this pack and then recreate the entire Buffy series in my game. :joy:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I've never had any problem with vampires. Sure, Vlad will send an inappropriate text regarding my Sim's neck, but 9 times out of 10 he won't follow up on it. And yes, a Sim who looks like he wants to be on the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album will knock on the door, but that's about it.
    On the other hand: vampires are awesome and a whole lot of fun to play, there's a nifty new world with lots of places to explore, sweet build items, and Vampire Squid, to name just a few.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Of course after making the above post one of my less moral vampires did stage a breakin and did attack one of my elder sims. It might have been quite interesting, actually, as he was in a poor physical state at the time and it would have created an interesting and tragic arc with him having killed her and all that - but I still had use for him so I saved him. I actually welcomed it, though. It was a nice added twist to the story so I wouldn't mind if it happens again sometime. This particular vampire sim is born and bred in my game and has all the negative traits you can imagine, so it makes sense within the game canon that she would behave like that...
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2018
    [deleted]
    Post edited by Simpkin on
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    LiesSim wrote: »

But you can...with a mod...that I'm not allowed to discuss here :D
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited September 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »

This game works a lot like TS2 with 'triggers'. Letting in a vampire is a trigger for them to come back later to bite somebody. It's all in your control if you never let in those total strangers who just show up at night.

I think that's more anecdotal than anything. In most of my games, I've rarely had them try to break in and that's even when I was doing all the "triggers" to try to get break-ins to occur. There was one house in particular that they would often show up at night and knock on the door but they still only tried to break-in and bite one of my sims one time....the rest of the time they'd just want to take out the garbage and watch TV. Pretty much every other game save and every other house, they'd rarely get any vampires trying to break in. I had one of my sims go over to all of the houses of the vampires and talk to them all, invite them in if they knocked on the door, call them up and chat with them, invite them over, research vampire lore, talk about vampires to everyone and still nada...no break-ins or bite attempts. I think there's much more randomness involved than control.

• Options
    I usually invite the vampires in and I don't get breakins. I did have the one I mentioned above, but I have seen stalking vampires doing what my vampire above did and didn't realise they were potentially going to break in. My sim interacted with them and so they didn't end up breaking in or doing any damage...o.O so maybe interacting with them actually puts them off?
  • Options
    LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    > @Vraie said:
    > I usually invite the vampires in and I don't get breakins. I did have the one I mentioned above, but I have seen stalking vampires doing what my vampire above did and didn't realise they were potentially going to break in. My sim interacted with them and so they didn't end up breaking in or doing any damage...o.O so maybe interacting with them actually puts them off?

That may be right. I was inviting a couple of them in and letting them feel the baby while a sim was pregnant. Basically treating them like any other sim. I haven't had any break ins.
  • Options
    @LordOfTendons I may be completely off with this but the people who have had the most problems with breakins seem to be people who most want to avoid the vampires. I didn't know that the breakins and attacks and such were meant to happen until I read about them here, but on reflection I realised that in my game the vampires and the humans interact with each other a lot. I have a vampire dynasty and they are interbreeding but there are also human sims raising vampire children and human and vampire children growing up together, so there's no real separation. I wondered whether because those sims are generally friendly with the vampires, the vampires don't want to go attack them.

The reason that this makes sense to me is that the vampire who did attack a family in my game was a vampire who has the evil trait and also other unpleasant behaviour traits like bad manners, etc. But she did no attacking while she was living in the main vampire house and was interacting regularly with other sims. I then moved her back in with her mother and her (human) sister and since then haven't played her house. Her relationship with her son has deteriorated and she has not had any real interaction with anyone in the game following this.

I saw her stalking once before but a sim went and talked to her and she stopped stalking. The actual attack, the sims were all asleep so that didn't happen. I wonder whether she became more hostile to humans because her social relationships had deteriorated. Which makes me really convinced that the more you avoid the vampires, the more they are likely to strike...
  • Options
    @Vraie I also have mods, which might have something to do with it, but AFAIK everyone is running on free will with no restrictions.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    No. I see them once and a while roaming around town, but they are never a nuisance in my game.

Same for me. For me they were there in the background, but as long as you don't look up info on vampires, they basically leave you alone. It wasn't until I had one of my sims turned into a vampire, that they started being around more.

Either way, they can't autonomously turn other sims into vampires, so your game never gets overrun with them. At most you might end up with one breaking into your home and feeding on your sim. But that's happened like once in my entire game since vampires came out.
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    No. I see them once and a while roaming around town, but they are never a nuisance in my game.

Either way, they can't autonomously turn other sims into vampires, so your game never gets overrun with them. At most you might end up with one breaking into your home and feeding on your sim. But that's happened like once in my entire game since vampires came out.

I think it's more of a problem when the breeding values get stuck and human sims start producing all vampire children :/
  • Options
    fifilacotafifilacota Posts: 47 Member
    I love vampires! I've never had a vampire break in or feed on my sims. I don't understand why people have such a problem with them. You can always put out garlic to keep them away.
    2lub093.png
  • Options
    SmilinSimsSmilinSims Posts: 560 Member
    I own it -- but have BARELY used it. I really want to make a vamp family soon. Its a unique pack, I'm definitely looking forward to playing around more with it.
    Do you want to WIN the new Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack??? To WIN you MUST be subscribed to my YOUTUBE channel Watch contest video for rules!

acrehk.jpg

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    They aren't bothersome in my game usually might get a text from Vlad now and then.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    I don't even get messages from Vlad any more. And it isn't as if I have ever played him or done anything with him at all except vaguely interact with him when he visits. He used to call my teens when they aged from child to talk to them but he now never does. I'm quite sad about it actually. I have my own Grand Master, but obviously there are gameplay elements with Vlad that for some reason I no longer have :/
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I mean, break-ins are pretty rare, as far as I can tell. Them being townies is hardly something I notice, but then, I'm not a stickler about special types of saves. If you're super stickler about immersion, then yeah, it might annoy you.

Fun as heck though and there's really nothing else like it in TS4, in terms of gameplay. Powers/Weaknesses and all that.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    I finally had a break in, and I had my sim talk to the vampire, and nothing happened. It's a vampire I made, he's insane and his family just moved out, so maybe he has some stress going on in his life and he needed to break into a house. You would think kleptos would do the break ins. Vampy just came in to use the computer. He didn't bite the regular sim or steal anything. They have a positive relationship now.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited September 2017

Vampire lore will allow your sim to make garlic braids to hang in your sim's bedroom. When you do that even Vlad who has garlic immunity can't drink from your sim. He can daze your sim but not drink. I do this with all my human sims.

ETA. I don't have mods or CC in my game. Vampire lore skill can be learned quickly to where your sim can buy garlic seeds. Then buy a lot of garlic seeds, which are actually garlic to make the garlic braids. You don't half to wait for garlic to grow that way.
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I've decided I'm gonna install the pack after all! Gonna buy in a few mins. :blush: Thanks everyone for the input!
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png