Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This makes no sense!

My two favorite fences are the cheapest wood fence and the hedge, and I absolutely love to use the matching hedge gate. I wanted to use those to fence in a lot to prevent animals from running around on the busy Newcrest streets. Once I was done I realized something, despite being in the gate section the hedge gate is actually an arch. I was disappointed at first and couldn't find a good alternative when I decided to test whether or not the arch can be locked. And it totally can! And it keeps sims out! They can't go through it, they stop in front of it, stomp their feet and throw a fit. It makes no sense! It's an arch, in reality you could just walk through it and there's nothing holding the sims back. What, do they just magically know that they're not supposed to go through there? It makes no sense! Not complaining though, at least now I can stick with my choice :joy:

Gate-01.png

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Some The Sims logic can always cheer me up. :D:D:D
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Maybe it's an enchantment. :D
    #Team Occult
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I was over the moon when I discovered this, especially since the door lock mod I was using stopped working!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    It's an invisible shield put in place using alien technology. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I kind of wish it weren't possible because it doesn't make any sense.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    This means a witches game pack is on its way!
    (Well a girl can dream! The arch is magical after all :wink: )
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I guess the confusing charm from Harry Potter?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    It's not actually locked, it's just private property and everyone instinctively knows they shouldn't cross through it.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    You ought to know that the hedge arch in question is infested with sim-eating spiders, this is why sims have the sense not to walk beneath it. If you get one of those drop down the back of your neck you will soon be sorry.
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    You ought to know that the hedge arch in question is infested with sim-eating spiders, this is why sims have the sense not to walk beneath it. If you get one of those drop down the back of your neck you will soon be sorry.

But how come they walk under it just fine if it's not locked?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2017
    Once upon a time, I received a raggedy, torn up screen door with The Now & Then Century Manor from TS3 store. I was quite surprised to learn that it could not be locked, but I appreciated the realism because the door was literally hanging off the hinges. I ended up using it on a dilapidated house that my sim was using to run a daycare. But when I wanted to lock the door to keep the toddlers inside, I began to wonder if the realism was worth it. In this case, I'd have to say that convenience is the clear winner. Just imagine that there's a 'no entry' sign on the arch.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    maybe Sims can't see glass XD
  • WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    edited September 2017
    Karlia wrote: »
    My two favorite fences are the cheapest wood fence and the hedge, and I absolutely love to use the matching hedge gate. I wanted to use those to fence in a lot to prevent animals from running around on the busy Newcrest streets. Once I was done I realized something, despite being in the gate section the hedge gate is actually an arch. I was disappointed at first and couldn't find a good alternative when I decided to test whether or not the arch can be locked. And it totally can! And it keeps sims out! They can't go through it, they stop in front of it, stomp their feet and throw a fit. It makes no sense! It's an arch, in reality you could just walk through it and there's nothing holding the sims back. What, do they just magically know that they're not supposed to go through there? It makes no sense! Not complaining though, at least now I can stick with my choice :joy:

Gate-01.png

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?! :lol::lol: :LOL