Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about apartments

ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
My question is when making custom apartments, what is the maximum number you can have without problems. I know that you can have 4 different ones for up to 4 playable families however am I aloud to create 5 or 6 units and just have the extra units townies only?

Comments

• SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    Well, there's plenty of apartments in the game with more than four apartments, so I wouldn't see why not. And townies will automatically move into them once you start a game.
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    Thank you @SuicidalSpiders

I'm just wondering what would the maximum amount is.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Hi ya 4 is the limit for playables. The limit for apartments that townies can move into as far as we know is limitless. People have pushed the limits just to see what is possible. Someone had over 50 apartments and they all filled with sims (though it took a few sim days) Just remember the more sims on a lot, the more chance of lag (though if you have a good pc this minimizes that risk considerably)
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Most laptops I'd say never have more than 6-8 apartments or you'll get lag.

... However, I've totally built lots that had the equivalent of six or more units, and then simply made those non-apartments by throwing a different door on them. If you don't want to loose sims in them you can also block them off with an invisible fence. (Don't do this to apartments which have the correct door, or you'll have problems.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]