The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Voting the Title of Eco- Stuff pack

Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
The sims community posted the link of us deciding the title of the community made stuff pack. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed because it's basically a laundry pack and doesn't really have anything to do with Eco besides the hand washing and clothes line. It's okay though because that's what the community wanted! I really wished everyone voted for the romantic stuff pack or the danger pack!!

http://simscommunity.info/2017/09/06/the-sims-4-eco-living-vote-for-a-title/

Comments

• tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    Even though the stuff pack started with one theme and ended with another, it was a still a learning experience for the community. The processes that go into making packs for the game, right down to changing the direction of the content. Its been pretty fun to watch.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Wow the choices are plum! It's pretty much only 2 options
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I lost interest in the pack a long time ago. When I saw laundry in the eco living description on the survey, I knew all we were getting was a laundry pack. At that time too, many people on the forums were requesting laundry.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Surely given it's essentially a laundry pack the best name is laundry stuff? I wish something else had won too but what can you do?
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I voted for Laundry stuff, just because it sounds so silly. I know fun is subjective but it still boggles my mind how some people find doing laundry to be a meaningful gameplay experience. :D
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Surely given it's essentially a laundry pack the best name is laundry stuff? I wish something else had won too but what can you do?

I just picked Laundry Day Stuff. Might as well call a spade a spade. It barely has anything to do with eco living at this point.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I just picked Laundry Day Stuff. Might as well call a spade a spade. It barely has anything to do with eco living at this point.

Yeah I went with laundry stuff or was it laundry day? I can't remember the titles. Rustic living would be nice if it was more rounded but like you I thought let's call it what it is!
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    It really did end up quite a different theme than it started with...

While The Sims team do tend to pick the most basic names ever (Vampires, Toddler Stuff, Cats & Dogs) as to not misguide the customers, 'Laundry Stuff' doesn't sound too compelling...

On a side note. I hope the wicker furniture made it in. :grimace:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Yep, might as well just call it laundry stuff since we all know that's what this pack was always about. Give me danger stuff any day.
  • MilkiMilki Posts: 51 Member
    Honestly, laundry stuff doesn't really seem like a SP tbh. I don't feel like blowing $20 on a washing machine and a clothes line or two. EA should just make a Sims 4 Store and whatever they wanted to put into an empty SP they can put on the store like they did on TS3
    37014449452_29a2394fc8.jpg

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I voted Laundry Stuff, because that's what it is. Maybe one day we'll get an actual Eco-living pack.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yep, might as well just call it laundry stuff since we all know that's what this pack was always about. Give me danger stuff any day.

Would love to see this too! It was my first choice when voting began.
  • marigold91marigold91 Posts: 81 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

agree completely, that's what I went for too.

Still a little disappointed it's no longer really an Eco pack, but hey hopefully one day in the future?
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    I don't think it was ever going to be an eco living pack
    C0gfE.gif
  • EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    Laundry Stuff is the most fitting, me thinks. Most objects and things are laundry related. It isn't quite rustic.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Full fart. Definitely
    Oh hamburgers!
  • dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    Who thought of the "rustic" names lol this is a laundry pack! Calling it Rustic Living would basically be false advertisement!
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I voted Rustic Home Stuff, I've never been sold on the laundry theme and I don't want the entire pack to be full of laundry items.
  • dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    edited September 2017
    I voted Rustic Home Stuff, I've never been sold on the laundry theme and I don't want the entire pack to be full of laundry items.

All the objects and CAS items have already been chosen though...
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited September 2017
    dancenow13 wrote: »

All the objects and CAS items have already been chosen though...

Oh, well I don't care then. The last two votes are totally inconsequential, the only thing that matters to me as a player is the content - I don't care about the title or icon.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I went with "Laundry Day Stuff," 'cause it sounded friendlier and more fun than just Laundry Stuff.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited September 2017
    Wow really, they just had to put the Laundry in there for a Title ? , Why not just come out and say it EA & Maxis that you Are making a Laundry Stuff Pack instead of a dang Eco Friendly stuff pack ?, it is just lame to Me , this is no Eco Friendly stuff pack, it is a sham in My opinion, and a insult to the Eco friendly People out there who are True and Dedicated to it, I am ashamed of this so called Stuff Pack, it should not even be called a Eco friendly Stuff pack, cause it is Not one period, shame on you all, in My opinion, :(
    I am sorry but that is how I feel bout this pack, not even sure I will buy it now.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    I chose Rustic home stuff because if I buy it, it will be for the rustic look objects and clothing, NOT for the laundry gameplay items.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I chose Rustic home stuff because if I buy it, it will be for the rustic look objects and clothing, NOT for the laundry gameplay items.
    It's kinda like how Movie Hangout Stuff has all this bohemian furniture and clothes (which I really like) but it's only named after the movie screen...

Cause calling it 'Laundry Stuff' really just ignores the rest of it's items...
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    It's funny because "Laundry Stuff" sounds, to me, like Yeah we dunno what to name this thing so here you go, whatever, but it's got a washing machine soooo...

Haha I picked Laundry Day Stuff. *shrugs* I personally don't care about laundry, I hate doing laundry irl so I can't really imagine I'd be making my Sims do laundry. The only things I would care about are the CAS and build items really and nothing about it says "Eco" to me, so I hope we get an actual eco-friendly pack. That would be much more fun than laundry, in my opinion
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89