Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mpart's Builds

Comments

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Your tiny house looks pretty cool. Well done :D
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Cute tiny house. I like the mini Paris fashion theme.

I have a question about some of your pics... in the long rooms you manage to get a low/long shot of the whole room, including the ceiling. I can never seem to pull this off. Is there a camera control that I don't know about? Or have you just gotten good at it with practice?

FYI I take my pics in Live Mode and just move the camera around with my mouse. The real problem is that it often gets "bumped" from where I want it by a piece of furniture or a wall.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • MpartMpart Posts: 115 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Tiny House is very nice! :) The black colour of the exterior walls looks great and the flowers and plants look pretty along the front edges of the home. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The black, white and green colour scheme looks very nice. The green wall texture in the bedroom area and living room gives a stylish look to the home. The black and white circles wall decor item looks very effective placed on the green wall. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofa watching tv. It is great that you have used a bunk bed in the home. The white wall brick tiling in the kitchen looks very nice.
    You have used the limited space of the home very well! It is a very nice small themed lot home! :)

Thank you so much! I didn't intend to do a black/white/green theme, but it somehow tied all together. Thank you for noticing that little detail. :)
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Your tiny house looks pretty cool. Well done :D

Thank you!

Jude525 wrote: »
    Cute tiny house. I like the mini Paris fashion theme.

I have a question about some of your pics... in the long rooms you manage to get a low/long shot of the whole room, including the ceiling. I can never seem to pull this off. Is there a camera control that I don't know about? Or have you just gotten good at it with practice?

FYI I take my pics in Live Mode and just move the camera around with my mouse. The real problem is that it often gets "bumped" from where I want it by a piece of furniture or a wall.

Awww, thanks! Those are some CC pictures I found and liked how they tied the room/house together.

Hmm...I use the tab key and drift down, but not too much as I end up getting bumped too. I scroll down to the floor and try to the point the camera up to avoid being bumped, though it takes a few tries. Hopefully that makes sense? If you need any help, just send me a quick message! I appreciate that you like my pictures so much. :)
    t2W9HAW.png

Mpart's Builds; Taking Requests (Indefinite Hiatus)
    @Mpart So, I was reading your response and got to...

"Hmm...I use the tab key and drift down, but not too much as I end up getting bumped too."

Wait, what? Tab key? So I jumped over to my game and hit the Tab key and WHAT???? This is madness! How have I never known about this before? At first it didn't seem a big difference. Because I was in a large room. But when I moved to a bathroom, Oh My Goat!!!!!! I am resisting the temptation to go back and redo pictures for every build I've ever posted!!!

I usually go to such extremes as removing walls in order to get an even half decent view of a small room such as a bathroom. And that is very difficult to do because I then have to return to Live mode to get the pics without a grid showing up, then REBUILD the demo'd walls so that I can move on to the next part of the photo shoot.

This is a game changer!!!! It is so funny that what you probably thought was a passing reference to something you assumed I already knew was exactly the information I was asking you for!

I know, lots of exclamation points, but you have to hear all the shouting going on in my head right now to appreciate that they are all appropriate. Thank you so much for this.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Mpart So, I was reading your response and got to...

"Hmm...I use the tab key and drift down, but not too much as I end up getting bumped too."

Wait, what? Tab key? So I jumped over to my game and hit the Tab key and WHAT???? This is madness! How have I never known about this before? At first it didn't seem a big difference. Because I was in a large room. But when I moved to a bathroom, Oh My Goat!!!!!! I am resisting the temptation to go back and redo pictures for every build I've ever posted!!!

I usually go to such extremes as removing walls in order to get an even half decent view of a small room such as a bathroom. And that is very difficult to do because I then have to return to Live mode to get the pics without a grid showing up, then REBUILD the demo'd walls so that I can move on to the next part of the photo shoot.

This is a game changer!!!! It is so funny that what you probably thought was a passing reference to something you assumed I already knew was exactly the information I was asking you for!

I know, lots of exclamation points, but you have to hear all the shouting going on in my head right now to appreciate that they are all appropriate. Thank you so much for this.

Oh my goodness! *Hugs you* HOW. HOW DID YOU SURVIVE BEFORE?
    I'm glad I could help! Wait...how have been taking such amazing pictures without the Tab key? I've seen your builds. You get really good angles of the rooms.
    Ah...you poor soul. You poor, poor soul. That takes determination.
    Ah, I'm so happy for you! My friend mentioned the tab key to me once and I lost my crap.
    There is never too many exclamation points! I'm just so happy I could help!
    It brought a smile to my face. Also "oh my goat!!!" is my favorite thing now. That's the best thing ever.
    t2W9HAW.png

Modern Beach House

*Main post already updated*

8yTMS3S.jpg

rOZ5SEF.jpg

Fu2YasN.jpg

gjSwh49.jpg

Hn29V5O.jpg

Definitely my most cc filled house yet! It was a house made for my challenge “Hadley’s Sliding Door Challenge.” It has a total of eight rooms and six bathrooms. It is packed full of store content too as it was made in Sunlit Tides on a 50x50 lot. The house may cause lag in some computers so please be cautious if you’re planning on putting it in your own game!

Download link is here - https://mpartsbuilds.tumblr.com/post/177495793154/modern-beach-house
    t2W9HAW.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The modern exterior design of Modern Beach House is very nice! :) The white colour of the exterior looks very nice, and the balconies are great for Sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the air resting on the seating, or dining at the table. The outdoors living and pool patio is great! Sims will enjoy swimming there or resting poolside on the loungers. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The design of the kitchen is very nice! It looks a very nice light filled and sunny room. It looks nice the types and placement of the cabinets and counters used. The island bar stool counter is great for Sims to sit on the stools and have a meal. Very nice tv watching area in the living room. Sims would have great views of the outdoors through the glass windows whilst sitting there on the sofas relaxing and watching tv. The wall patterns in the bedrooms adds a very nice look to the rooms.
    The home is very nice! :)
    That's a really cute build. I was checking out the pics on Tumblr; did I see a curved breakfast nook?
    aka Jude

My Studio

The modern exterior design of Modern Beach House is very nice! :) The white colour of the exterior looks very nice, and the balconies are great for Sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the air resting on the seating, or dining at the table. The outdoors living and pool patio is great! Sims will enjoy swimming there or resting poolside on the loungers. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The design of the kitchen is very nice! It looks a very nice light filled and sunny room. It looks nice the types and placement of the cabinets and counters used. The island bar stool counter is great for Sims to sit on the stools and have a meal. Very nice tv watching area in the living room. Sims would have great views of the outdoors through the glass windows whilst sitting there on the sofas relaxing and watching tv. The wall patterns in the bedrooms adds a very nice look to the rooms.
    The home is very nice! :)

Thank you so much! I was going for exactly what you said. Thank you so much for noticing. :)
    That's a really cute build. I was checking out the pics on Tumblr; did I see a curved breakfast nook?

Awww, thank you! Yep! I got it from sims resource. I absolutely adore it.
    t2W9HAW.png

Hey guys! I wanted to try and do a building poll to see what you guys would like to me build next! If it goes well, I'll try doing it every month.
    The link is here - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BZKKW32
    t2W9HAW.png

I'll be closing the poll this Saturday! There is still a bit of time left to vote!
    t2W9HAW.png

Here are the results for the building poll! - https://mpartsbuilds.tumblr.com/post/178147640314/poll-results
    Thank you to everyone who voted!
    t2W9HAW.png

It was great reading the results of the poll :) I hope that you enjoy creating the starter home!
    I am sorry that you are sick :( I hope that you start to feel a little bit better very soon .
    It was great reading the results of the poll :) I hope that you enjoy creating the starter home!
    I am sorry that you are sick :( I hope that you start to feel a little bit better very soon .

Awww, thank you so much! I am feeling a lot better now. :)

t2W9HAW.png

Request 6

wAb5ey5.jpg

rxcpSy2.jpg

tBkZgU1.jpg

GNZGERi.jpg

4Fo9cgB.jpg

I created this house for Seera on Boolprop for her story “Random Branches.” This house was built on a 40x40 lot in University. It is intended to be rented and that is why it has the sparse furniture/college vibe to it. No CC was used in this build and the only store content that was used was the curtains from Lucky Palms.

Download link is here - https://mpartsbuilds.tumblr.com/post/178080415460/request-6
    t2W9HAW.png

edited September 2018
    Request 7

HO7Vas3.jpg

crALcBd.jpg

BzyKmY8.jpg

ZD6TXzz.jpg

85QRZ51.jpg

This is a house made for Nevermore on Boolprop! It has two rooms and one bathroom. It is sparsely furnished because it is meant to be a starter house and costs $16,499 on a 40x40 lot in Twinbrook. No CC or store content was used in this build. The only expansion packs that were used were Ambitions and Late Night.

Download link is here - https://mpartsbuilds.tumblr.com/post/178251669454/request-7

t2W9HAW.png

Friendly Beginner's Home

*Main post is already updated*

pzx2mvm.jpg

zFLHCbI.jpg

QNJdIFD.jpg

CPP4EdI.jpg

K4lSg6n.jpg

xvP1Brf.jpg

The starter house won the poll! This is a home built on a 30x30 lot in Aurora Skies. It costs a little under the amount one sim starts with and will leave your sim basically penniless.

Download link is here - https://mpartsbuilds.tumblr.com/post/178350297659/friendly-beginners-home
    t2W9HAW.png

The three builds are very nice! :) The 2nd and 3rd homes are very nice starter homes for Sims to begin their Sims lives in and it is great that the first home is designed to be a rental home. Very nice exteriors of the homes. The blue colour of the exterior of the first house gives a very nice look to the home, and the yellow colour of the third home looks sunny and nice, and the white flowers along the front porch edges looks very pretty! Very nice corner windows sitting area in the third home. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa there watching tv with sunlight coming in through the windows. The sunflowers are sunny for Sims to see when sitting there. Sims will enjoy waking up to sunshine coming in through the bedroom windows. The wallpaper pattern looks very nice.
    The black , red and white colour scheme of the second home looks great! The red roses bushes in the front garden complements well with the black colour scheme. The floor rug in the kitchen nook and the patterned dining chairs looks very nice. Very nice wall patterning in the dining area and the bedroom.
    The three homes look great! :)
    Oh, so nice!! I'm not a big fan of black, except as an accent color, so house number two..... But that is purely a matter of taste.

But I absolutely love the other two. I agree with Rose about the exterior color choices. So cheerful.

I have actually already created a little bit of back story on the first house. The color doesn't quite "scream" college kid, but I imagine the owner as a widow who has retired south, and that the color reflects her taste. Ok, truth be told. she has died and the heirs have opted to rent it out rather than sell it. :D I just felt morbid telling the actual story, so tried to get away with a "shiny" version. My creative side wouldn't let the real story be suppressed.

I love the interiors of the third house. Specifically, the colors. Such a soft, warm palette. And I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like the horizontally striped walls. The fabric you used for the bedspread is one of my favorite patterns and I have used it often.

I have not been feeling very inspired myself lately, so I am glad to see some new creations here. I always enjoy your work so much.
    aka Jude

My Studio

The three builds are very nice! :) The 2nd and 3rd homes are very nice starter homes for Sims to begin their Sims lives in and it is great that the first home is designed to be a rental home. Very nice exteriors of the homes. The blue colour of the exterior of the first house gives a very nice look to the home, and the yellow colour of the third home looks sunny and nice, and the white flowers along the front porch edges looks very pretty! Very nice corner windows sitting area in the third home. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa there watching tv with sunlight coming in through the windows. The sunflowers are sunny for Sims to see when sitting there. Sims will enjoy waking up to sunshine coming in through the bedroom windows. The wallpaper pattern looks very nice.
    The black , red and white colour scheme of the second home looks great! The red roses bushes in the front garden complements well with the black colour scheme. The floor rug in the kitchen nook and the patterned dining chairs looks very nice. Very nice wall patterning in the dining area and the bedroom.
    The three homes look great! :)

Awww! Thank you so much! I'm so happy you liked the color theme of the houses. I tried to get more creative with the patterns in order to save money. I'm so glad someone noticed them. :)
    Oh, so nice!! I'm not a big fan of black, except as an accent color, so house number two..... But that is purely a matter of taste.

But I absolutely love the other two. I agree with Rose about the exterior color choices. So cheerful.

I have actually already created a little bit of back story on the first house. The color doesn't quite "scream" college kid, but I imagine the owner as a widow who has retired south, and that the color reflects her taste. Ok, truth be told. she has died and the heirs have opted to rent it out rather than sell it. :D I just felt morbid telling the actual story, so tried to get away with a "shiny" version. My creative side wouldn't let the real story be suppressed.

I love the interiors of the third house. Specifically, the colors. Such a soft, warm palette. And I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like the horizontally striped walls. The fabric you used for the bedspread is one of my favorite patterns and I have used it often.

I have not been feeling very inspired myself lately, so I am glad to see some new creations here. I always enjoy your work so much.

I completely understand! Thank you so much!
    HAHAHAHAHA, I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Now I'm just imagining this elderly lady haunting the house as some poor college kids are trying to study for their exams. :D It's wonderful.
    Awwww, thank you! I was experimenting a lot with the patterns and was pleasantly surprised by what I could do with them. I wasn't sure how I felt about the horizontal striped walls either but I was really surprised too? They add to the house instead of taking away from it.
    Agh, that's the worse. *Hugs* I hope some inspiration comes your way soon, I'm sending you good vibes! AWWWWWWW! You're making me blush! Thank you so, so much. That comment made my week. :)
    t2W9HAW.png

I'm doing another poll! The last one did so great that I'm going to try and do it every month. The October poll is basically the same as the last poll but with a question regarding the CC in the last build. Thank you guys as always. :)
    The link is here - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VJYFX75
    t2W9HAW.png

edited October 2018
    Mpart wrote: »

I completely understand! Thank you so much!
    HAHAHAHAHA, I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Now I'm just imagining this elderly lady haunting the house as some poor college kids are trying to study for their exams. :D It's wonderful.
    Awwww, thank you! I was experimenting a lot with the patterns and was pleasantly surprised by what I could do with them. I wasn't sure how I felt about the horizontal striped walls either but I was really surprised too? They add to the house instead of taking away from it.
    Agh, that's the worse. *Hugs* I hope some inspiration comes your way soon, I'm sending you good vibes! AWWWWWWW! You're making me blush! Thank you so, so much. That comment made my week. :)

Oh my goat! I hadn't even considered her actually haunting the place. You could add a tombstone of a dead old lady to the property so that the story actually played out in game!!!!!!! Okay, I've rarely played uni, but next time I do I HAVE to do this! I'll have to look into creating active tombstones. I may have to create a Sim and then kill her off, since I don't know if you can choose age and gender when placing tombstones. Hmmm, it may not be an actual build, buy it is inspiration to learn a new aspect of building. Thank you!

I've also managed to get the custom blueprint maker by velocitygrass working again. I'm not sure where that may lead me. But it did allow me to take a recent build of mine and place it on an existing active lot without disturbing the rest of the landscaping. (Hmmm, I just realized that I might not have added a roof!)

I'm off to check out your poll.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited October 2018

Oh my goat! I hadn't even considered her actually haunting the place. You could add a tombstone of a dead old lady to the property so that the story actually played out in game!!!!!!! Okay, I've rarely played uni, but next time I do I HAVE to do this! I'll have to look into creating active tombstones. I may have to create a Sim and then kill her off, since I don't know if you can choose age and gender when placing tombstones. Hmmm, it may not be an actual build, buy it is inspiration to learn a new aspect of building. Thank you!

I've also managed to get the custom blueprint maker by velocitygrass working again. I'm not sure where that may lead me. But it did allow me to take a recent build of mine and place it on an existing active lot without disturbing the rest of the landscaping. (Hmmm, I just realized that I might not have added a roof!)
    I'm off to check out your poll.

Holy crap! I didn't even consider doing story-orientated builds. That's a great idea!! No, thank you! This gives me sooo many ideas for the next build! I'll have to credit you in it.
    That's great! Who needs a roof? Just say you were doing something err...abstract with the build! Yes, abstract. Roofs are overrated.
    Thank you so much! I hope inspiration for a build strikes you soon!

t2W9HAW.png

I'm closing the poll today and will be posting the results tomorrow! Thank you guys for voting!
    t2W9HAW.png

Hello! The results for the October poll are up! You can find them here - https://mpartsbuilds.tumblr.com/post/179502661709/october-poll-results :)
    t2W9HAW.png