Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Retail Store Challenge (UPDATED)

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Hank and Geoffrey are becoming twins. But I'd watch Geoffrey carefully, Hank! (See also: My comment in latest chapter post)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    @Karababy52 My My your Grant is a hunk and the store really suits him! Love the idea of the store also and really neat how you have it set up! Loving the pic's so keep sharing dear!

Thank you, I think he's quite hunky myself too. lol I haven't been in my game yet this morning, but when I do if something interesting happens I'll take and share more pics. :)
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Karababy52 - oh that is sweet! I love your new store name! It is such a cute store, I love how you have the register area set up with the little outdoor wildlife carpet in front of it. Looking at your little apartment layout makes me think that yes, my place is too big. I mean, really, talking about Hallie and Hank, they are hardly in there. I laughed out loud with the firepit and the fires and sims roasting their marshmallows. Hey, get them in the spirit to think about camping and then sell them everything! hehehe Love it! And how come your Grant still looks in great shape and a hunk, and my Hank is well, in need of some shape up! lol

Thank you, I love that rug! OR is my favorite GP so far that I own. I love camping and the outdoors myself so I was thrilled when it came out! It's funny that you think your place is too big, I was thinking mine is too small! At least Grant's apartment, it'll be expanded though. The guy needs a proper kitchen! He's leveled up the cooking skill from watching so much TV but can't make anything.

Glad you got a chuckle over the firepit! hehe I was thinking the same thing about piqueing their interest in camping. But, well if they burn down the store, there wouldn't be anything to buy! o.O

I think Grant is able to keep his fine figure because he's got the Body Builder aspiration which includes high metabolism. That's the only explanation I can come up with since he certainly doesn't eat low cal at all. PBJs, cheese crackers, ham & cheese sandwiches, etc. are most likely full of calories. hehe Plus, I try to take him jogging at least once a day, that helps. I love your Hank, he's so cute! Actually, he kinda looks like my Hubby! He's got a big roof over his, er, toolshed too! ;)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited September 2017
    @SoulGal7 reading now! I didn't know that if they had the outdoor trait that they didn't mind sleeping on benches! Can you tell I haven't played the game much? Oh dear no sale's! Poor Hank, well at least he got some perk points! Oh, my dear, that is so funny with the giraffe I knew he was out there somewhere! Yes, I have a pic of the kleptomaniac I think that mysteriously get my things! I know they say we don't have them in sims 4 but then when things mysteriously goes missing I wonder if that is a hint we are fixing to get them in Sims 4!

When things go missing this guy is always in the store and all the sims are always going to see what happened! And you can even see his hand move like he is swiping something and you can hear the swiping sound also! I have to look around the store each night now to see if anything disappears! The teddy bear is still gone! It was the blue and pink one! I had to buy the giraffe back because it was one of my sale items!
    21762080_1199444693523536_8440509802966789743_n.jpg?oh=192ee751711e7590bac82ecfe86658f0&oe=5A3D7096

Well, I hope you watch out for him if he appears in your store!

Great story dear, I'm really enjoying them! Congrats to Hallie!
    Had to edit!
    Yes, I think Gary is kinfolk also! Maybe he just run away you think? But then what does the picture above prove? Help!
    Post edited by BreeMiles on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @BreeMiles - oh oh....what is this sims' name? He is a random townie, I think, and I think that maybe Hallie has fallen for this guy in her story....Oh no! I wish they had the interaction like in the other sims games where the police come for a burglar if you catch them. Should have something similar for the retail stores, that would be funny. Well, not in your case, since he keeps coming back! Security guard time.
    Oh I had to edit above! Yes yes we need that profession in Sims 4 Security Guard that would be so awesome!
    @EuphorialQueen - congrats, congrats on the Maxis fav for your retail build! Woot!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Oh cool! Congratulations @EuphorialQueen on your Maxis fav! \o/
    Just to let you know @LegacySims2017 nominated Retail Wars for the Leibster Award. I am truly thankful.
    https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/09/24/leibster-award-nomination-retail-wars
    @SaulGal7 that was so nice and love all your answers sweetie! Its nice to get to know you a bit better! Hugs and Congrats!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited September 2017
    @SoulGal7 wrote:
    If you were confronted by a vampire and werewolf, which one would you let bite you? You can’t say both! How about neither? I am wearing a garlic necklace and carrying a gun loaded with a silver bullet! lol Oh wait, I don’t own a gun. Oh boy, I’m in trouble.

I knew I was forgetting something else in that question (can't say both or neither is what it originally was going to be). Ha, ha! Good answer, though!
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

@SoulGal7 , thank you very much for a new amazing chapter and congrats dear! :smiley: It was really very nice of @LegacySims2017 to nominate you. Very well deserved.

@Karababy52 , your Store looks wonderful! It´s a great idea indeed. Are you going to upload it?
    Your sim is very handsome <3

@Congrats on being faved by Maxis, @EuphorialQueen ! YAY!

I hope I didn´t forget anything or anybody. I had a "rugged" weekend and I couldn´t open my laptop.

I wish you all a wonderful week ahead.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Congrats on the Maxis Fav on Flamingo Fandango @EuphorialQueen <3
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @EuphorialQueen - congrats, congrats on the Maxis fav for your retail build! Woot!
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Oh cool! Congratulations @EuphorialQueen on your Maxis fav! \o/
    W0W I am stunned :astonished: Thank you @Karababy52 @BreeMiles & @SoulGal7 & @AIRIS6962
    Without this challenge that lot would never exist.

Oh! How quiet is this! Mea culpa! :pensive:
    I´ve been working on 2 buildings, but now I´ve finished and I can play with my Store :smiley: I hope so, because I will be a granny and my sim will not have gotten her house! :worried:

Can´t wait to see more updates from you :)
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Oooh, loving that more people are joining in! B) It shows I haven't been building on a budget like ever lolz, cause so far all my store designs went waaaaay over budget lolz. :D Keeping those around should I have my sim ever decide to move to a more expensive store, but for now it's back to the drawing board haha, fingers crossed my next idea works out so Jaheem can finally get his store up and running. :)
  • MyInnerSimMyInnerSim Posts: 215 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi, everyone,
    I've just had a quick read of everyone's posts so far and the retail lots look great :D There are a few too many posts to comment on so I'll just join in here if that's ok? :)

First of all, what a fantastic challenge @AIRIS6962 and @BreeMiles for the twist :) I've decided to take the plunge and join in on the fun.

So, meet Dexter Goldstein. Starting a new life in Willow Creek, he has opened a bakery in honour of his late grandma who passed away, leaving him with just a few recipes, which he has decided to learn and share with the world.

[img]https://myinnersim.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/dextergoldstein.png[/img]

And here is Dexter's Delights Bakery.

[img]https://myinnersim.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/dexters-delights-bakery-2-cropped.png[/img]

I have decided to create this challenge as a Let's Play on Youtube. I do have a Sims 4 Stories blog but I already have one story underway and another one in mind.

So far I've created a CAS video - Creating Dexter and a Speed Build video which you can find in the links below. I've recorded two episodes which I will hopefully upload tomorrow.
    I've also uploaded both Dexter and Dexter's Delights Bakery to the Sims 4 gallery.

I will confess, I also misinterpreted the rule on restocking. Obviously, I baked the food to start out and then when it was sold I baked more, rather than restocking. From Episode 3 I will use the restock feature :)

Anyhow, I hope you like the Bakery, It's very sparse because I kind of built it too big and couldn't bear to make it smaller and then ran out of money haha. I figure I've got a store and apartment to grow into, at least :)

Gallery Links

Dexter Goldstein: http://bit.ly/DexterGoldstein

Dexter's Delights Bakery: http://bit.ly/DexterDelightsBakery

Youtube Links

CAS - Creating Dexter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gF_4VqdAjY
    Speedbuild: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVLOnLZYlBA&t=4s
    Post edited by MyInnerSim on
    My YouTube channel and Twitter account have recently undergone a name change and are now Tamz Playz, for everything else I am still My Inner Sim.
    edited September 2017
    MyInnerSim wrote: »
    Hi, everyone,
    I've just had a quick read of everyone's posts so far and the retail lots look great :D There are a few too many posts to comment on so I'll just join in here if that's ok? :)

First of all, what a fantastic challenge @AIRIS6962 and @BreeMiles for the twist :) I've decided to take the plunge and join in on the fun.

So, meet Dexter Goldstein. Starting a new life in Willow Creek, he has opened a bakery in honour of his late grandma who passed away, leaving him with just a few recipes, which he has decided to learn and share with the world.

dextergoldstein.png

And here is Dexter's Delights Bakery.

dexters-delights-bakery-2-cropped.png

I have decided to create this challenge as a Let's Play on Youtube. I do have a Sims 4 Stories blog but I already have one story underway and another one in mind.

So far I've created a CAS video - Creating Dexter and a Speed Build video which you can find in the links below. I've recorded two episodes which I will hopefully upload tomorrow.
    I've also uploaded both Dexter and Dexter's Delights Bakery to the Sims 4 gallery.

I will confess, I also misinterpreted the rule on restocking. Obviously, I baked the food to start out and then when it was sold I baked more, rather than restocking. From Episode 3 I will use the restock feature :)

Anyhow, I hope you like the Bakery, It's very sparse because I kind of built it too big and couldn't bear to make it smaller and then ran out of money haha. I figure I've got a store and apartment to grow into, at least :)

Gallery Links

Dexter Goldstein: http://bit.ly/DexterGoldstein

Dexter's Delights Bakery: http://bit.ly/DexterDelightsBakery

Youtube Links

CAS - Creating Dexter:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gF_4VqdAjY
    Speedbuild:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVLOnLZYlBA&amp;t=4s

@MyInnerSim - Oh I am so glad that you have joined The Retail Store Challenge. I will look at your Let's Play story tomorrow as it is already late tonight. Welcome and join the fun! Dexter and the Bakery look great!

@Corwim - can't wait to see your build.
    edited September 2017
    @Corwim dear, are you fighting with the budget? Poor you :mrgreen: Well, here you are some tips that maybe can help:

-Use the cheapest stuff to build and decor. Debug has many free and interesting stuff not only for decor, but to build too.

-Be practical. Sims do no need more than a sink or why to set a table to eat if they can eat standing or sit down the bed?

-Stairs and walls are expensive, try to not use them much.

-Less is more. Do you really need so much space?

-Terrain paint does miracles in outdoors spaces/landscape and it´s free! I confess, I´m addicted to it.

@MyInnerSim , welcome to the fun dear! YAY! :smiley:
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful videos with us, dear. It´so nice to see how this challenge inspire some of you to make so wonderful Stories or Videos!
    Your sim looks great and your Dexter's Delights Bakery is absolutly pretty and lovely <3 I loved to see how you struggled with the budget while you were building it in your video LOL
    But, you built it over the budget! :worried: It doesn´t exceed it for much and it´s easy to put it under the budget :wink:
    I will add you to the list.

EDIT: I almost forget! Thank you very much for your kind help, dear @EuphorialQueen ! :kissing_heart:
    Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
    My newest chapter of Retail Wars is up - Friday -Wk 1 - Chapter 7
    I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I did writing it. Comments are always welcome!
    https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/09/29/ch-7-retail-wars-isnt-it-romantica_new_customer.png

@MyInnerSim - just had a chance to watch your build videos and I so love your bakery and Dexter. Great job!
  • MyInnerSimMyInnerSim Posts: 215 Member
    [quote="EuphorialQueen;c-16057036"]@MyInnerSim
    Quoted your post to allow the pictures to show :wink:
    Just keep posting to become a full member so you can post images and links.
    [url="http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1"]Member or new Member? Everything you need to know[/url][/quote]

Thank you. I wondered if that was the reason why the pictures and links didnt show up properly.

@AIRIS6962 Glad you liked the build. When I built it it was just under 17,000, but I had a glitch with the kitchen. Dexter kept going upstairs to mix the food so I had to rearrange the apartment and reuploaded it to the gallery, then noticed the value had changed.
    It might be because there's some baked good in the display case and I had to build an extra wall. It could be easily fixed by deleting the baked food and maybe the outside fence if othr people want to use it.

Oh and oops in my first episode I called it the starter retail challenge. I'll mention that in the description. I'll be uploading the video tomorrow.

@SoulGal7 So glad you liked it and thanks it because of your Liebster Award post that I found the challenge :)
    My YouTube channel and Twitter account have recently undergone a name change and are now Tamz Playz, for everything else I am still My Inner Sim.
    @AIRIS6962
    -Stairs and walls are expensive, try to not use them much.
    -Less is more. Do you really need so much space?
    Did you know?
    Using half walls indoors can save some money because half walls are less expensive than full walls.
    The tallest half wall is tall enough to place a door.
    Roof pieces are free. Use them to create a covering over outdoor spaces to allow for more sales space.
    If you have Outdoor Retreat you can place the Trusty Rustic for free.
    No broken plumbing to repair.
    I also found free Aloe Plants to use for landscaping.
    And I too am addicted to Terrain Paint to change the look of outdoor spaces.
    edited September 2017
    @SoulGal7 , thank you very much for another wonderful and funny chapter! I do enjoy them although I don´t post comments always. Sorry for this, I know how important are comments for our work and effort. I am a teacher and I really know. Sorryif I didn´t commented more, but I really love your blog and enjoy it, dear!
    MyInnerSim wrote: »
    @MyInnerSim
    Quoted your post to allow the pictures to show :wink:
    Just keep posting to become a full member so you can post images and links.
    Member or new Member? Everything you need to know

Thank you. I wondered if that was the reason why the pictures and links didnt show up properly.

@AIRIS6962 Glad you liked the build. When I built it it was just under 17,000, but I had a glitch with the kitchen. Dexter kept going upstairs to mix the food so I had to rearrange the apartment and reuploaded it to the gallery, then noticed the value had changed.
    It might be because there's some baked good in the display case and I had to build an extra wall. It could be easily fixed by deleting the baked food and maybe the outside fence if othr people want to use it.

Oh and oops in my first episode I called it the starter retail challenge. I'll mention that in the description. I'll be uploading the video tomorrow.

@SoulGal7 So glad you liked it and thanks it because of your Liebster Award post that I found the challenge :)

Dear, you will can show pictures and links when you get the full member range. I think that @EuphorialQueen gave you some links to help with this.

@EuphorialQueen , of course I know dear! I only wanted to give some tips for help. How do you think I built my Store? With half walls!
    07-09-2017_17-55-38.png
    And about Aloe plants, I know them very well
    27-09-2017_9-30-01.png

Edit: We both forget about the debug lights! They are free!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top