Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Retail Store Challenge (UPDATED)

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Poor Hank with Nancy!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited September 2017
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Karababy52 - welcome and join the retail madness!
    @AIRIS6962 & @BreeMiles - are you doing a blog on your retail store? I'd love to read it.

Not me, I´m a disaster LOL. But I will show my progress here.

Thank you very much for a new chapter, dear! :kissing_heart: I will read later for sure.

@Karababy52 , I can´t wait to see your Store and your progress! :smiley: Don´t worries for trees, set one or two of the cheapest ones and use the enlarge objects cheat :wink:

@leashahampton , Welcome dear! YAY :smiley:
    Your Stores look so lovely and pretty! You had a very good idea.
    When you realize that you broke some rules, you have to start again! LOL This is the RULE of the rules! :mrgreen:

I´m going to add @Karababy52 and @leashahampton to the list. I forgot last time, sorry.
    @leashahampton Love the holiday shop <3
    @Soulgal7 Wow <3 you have such great stories

Absolutly agree!
    Do you want me to add the cute Store that you uploaded to The Gallery? :wink:

Happy weekend to you all! <3

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    Okay so sorry I'm behind but my little guy won't let me on sims much when I have him! He rather I play and play and play with him! I'm catching up on everything! Welcome @Karababy52, @leashahampton, First off I think I confused a question for @Soulgal7 I said she could replace the item for sale during the week with another item, because she wasn't getting a sale on a few of them, but she just couldn't add a new item for sale till Friday! My bad so sorry!
    @SoulGal7 I was just adding bits and pieces of my story here, I never made a blog for it, but now I wish I had! Yours is so awesome!
    @leashahampton Love your shop what a great ideal also! I never thought of the gnomes and I'm a gnome kinda gal!
    @Karababy52 I can't wait to see yours! Sorry, I confused everything!
    Gosh I'm really happy to see more joining in!
    @SoulGal7 I'm off now to catch up on your story sweetie!
    @SoulGal7 Nancy is so rude! You should make her buy something just because she is so mean! Come to think of it she gives me lots of thumbs down on things in my store! I agree the stores are a front for therapy! We should be charging more! LOL Hallie's outfit designs are over the moon!
    Congrats to Hank! I wish also we could set the time for the retail stores to close an open also! Maybe we need to tweet to the gurus!
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited September 2017
    @AIRIS6962
    Flaming Fandango by #EQCreations
    Edited: Lot title is Flamingo Fandango
    https://www.thesims.com/gallery/8D2612A0966D11E7853390314CBED808
    I have only tested this store briefly.
    My idea was to keep the minimal living space locked from the public.
    The Trusty Rusty and a Potty Bush are available for public use.
    Post edited by EuphorialQueen on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @EuphorialQueen - I saw that build in the gallery! So cute! And I adore the name!
    @BreeMiles - thank you so much for reading!
    @LegacySims2017 - thanks for reading....yes, some sims are well, different! lol
    @AIRIS6962 - do you have a sim who is testing your build?

@BreeMiles @AIRIS6962 - ok to clarify on Friday. I know you can add an extra item on that day (thank goodness), so you can then have 9 items to sell. Can you also replace an item that is a low seller or no seller on that day as well? Can you replace more than 1 item on Friday? lol I just want to make sure I am doing this right, because I have a lovely item that has had zero sales all week, and I am ready to .... ummm...liquidate it! lol
    @EuphorialQueen okay I'm in love with this one dear! Turned out most lovely I thought and the flamingoes are an amazing idea!
    @SoulGal7 I would say yes that on Friday when you can add your next 1 Item for sale you can also replace the items that you already have for sale with a new item!
    Oh that is great! I actually started playing Friday (because it is a really exciting special day), and I actually kept the item that I was going to replace. I have an idea of what I am going to do with this for an up-coming chapter ...lol
    Out of curiosity, what is the Maxis limit for mannequins in a store?
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Has anyone hired help yet? I'm having problems with them showing up for work does anyone know if this is normal?
  • kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    I have hired sims. They show up...getting them to actually do what I want them to do is another story.
    I decided to make Sunday my change items/add new items day instead of Friday. It just made more sense as Sunday is my day off. Thursday is a half-day at 25% mark up.

My sim is named Fred Bugg and he runs Bugg's Beds & Breads. He sells mattresses (beds) and fresh baked goods. The beds are doing rather well even though he's only got the two cheapest doubles, the cheapest single in the kids' section, the cheapest toddler bed, and the cheapest single in the adult section. He's living off his leftover baked goods. There is a public toilet and he has a small room with a bed and shower attached to his kitchen workspace. I had to lock the bed away (it was originally just in the hall) since, due to a certain adult mod, Moira and Dominic Fyres kept indulging in a little "afternoon delight".
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    I'm not sure @LegacySims2017 maybe this thread could shine some light on your question dear!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/13579278/#Comment_13579278

That was a big help. It looks like it's 10, but you can cheat more. I was thinking in my head they would probably only allow you something around 3 or 4. 10 would be plenty and more than enough for me (although in that thread, simmers want more).

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @kethrydrake Thanks for the info! I demoted the employee and he showed up the next day! I hope he stays now! You shop sounds very lovely and the Fyres oh no! LOL
    @LegacySims2017, I'm glad it helped and yes I saw that others wanted more and more and then some more!
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    I'm not sure @LegacySims2017 maybe this thread could shine some light on your question dear!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/13579278/#Comment_13579278

That was a big help. It looks like it's 10, but you can cheat more. I was thinking in my head they would probably only allow you something around 3 or 4. 10 would be plenty and more than enough for me (although in that thread, simmers want more).

I asked because I might try this as part of my BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition story coming out soon. Do like a double challenge in one.

Here is what I am thinking to keep fair with your money rules as I won't be able to start the way you want it to:
    • My heir cannot leave Newcrest unless they visit Granite Falls or Magnolia Promenade. If they visit Magnolia Promenade, it must remain a commercial district. So I will have my heir "vacation" (another word for "live" ... lol) there for awhile. Unfortunately, the smallest lot is 20x20.
    • I will transfer 17,000 to the retail business from my household funds. I will "build" using that 17,000 until I have close to 0 simoleons left.
    • Any foods that cost simoleons, it most likely take from household funds. To counter this and play fair to the challenge, I will transfer that amount from the retail business funds to the household funds.
    • All other rules I should be able to follow. :smile:

I'm thinking my Generation 2 heir can be a fashionista and open a clothing store. It won't be until around Novemberish. But I will definitely share here when it starts.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited September 2017
    12. You can only start out selling 8 items, then each week on Friday you can add one more item for sale. Until you reach the Maxis limit on how many items you can mark for sale!

Q: So if I have a mannequin that has 5 different clothing styles, does that count as 5 items? Or does each mannequin alone count as 1 item?

(I ask cause I would like to have about 4 sets of mannequins for different occasions -- 1 male/1 female. For example I would create one male and female mannequin wearing an everyday outfit, but have 5 different styles of that. Then create one male and female mannequin wearing a formal outfit, with 5 different styles to choose from by the retail store owner. Would this example count as 8 items or 40?)
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited September 2017
    @LegacySims2017 Each mannequin count as One I'm pretty sure dear! The sale tag would be showing on each mannequin and not on each outfit! So you could have 8 with 5 outfits! Yes, I would love to hear more about your challenge I may give it a go when it opens!
  • kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    Yeah I had to fire my employee. Basically what they would do really well is Answer Questions and Restock. Jacques Villarias (sp?), my employee, would sometimes clean automatically, but he was really slack about Ringing up Customers.
    After 4 weeks, Fred has made enough to build his house...
    I was wondering, do we have to stick with the smallest lots? As long as we spend only $17,000 on the retail store with lot.
    Regarding harvesting off lot...I did this so I could get fruit to put in my pastries and pies. Fred doesn't really have time to garden himself. What with keep up his needs and handling his customers. To entertain himself he has a bookshelf and a yoga mat. He had a speaker but...Jacques kept dancing instead of working so I had to take it out. It was strange because Jacques has a pretty high Work Ethic.
    edited September 2017
    @kethrydrake No, you don't have to stick with the smallest lot as long as its not over the 17,000 dear! As for the harvesting in the world to make ingredients for your items you sell is fine I think! But you cannot sell the items you harvest from the world straight out of your inventory to make money!
    12. You can only start out selling 8 items, then each week on Friday you can add one more item for sale. Until you reach the Maxis limit on how many items you can mark for sale!

Q: So if I have a mannequin that has 5 different clothing styles, does that count as 5 items? Or does each mannequin alone count as 1 item?

(I ask cause I would like to have about 4 sets of mannequins for different occasions -- 1 male/1 female. For example I would create one male and female mannequin wearing an everyday outfit, but have 5 different styles of that. Then create one male and female mannequin wearing a formal outfit, with 5 different styles to choose from by the retail store owner. Would this example count as 8 items or 40?)

@LegacySims2017 - Yes, all the prices for the outfits for male and female mannequins, whether you create or do random, whether they have all accessories or none are the same price. You would think that adding some necklaces, etc. would increase the price, but, no, not the case. I also read about how to change the outfit on a mannequin if you have more than one (example) female mannequin. You just go into create-a-sim and choose the outfit for the 2nd mannequin. Otherwise, if you do the dress the sim, it only gives you the one choice which is on the other sim. Does that make sense?

I am also glad you checked out the max # of mannequins you can have per lot because I didn't know that either. Thanks :)
    Yeah I had to fire my employee. Basically what they would do really well is Answer Questions and Restock. Jacques Villarias (sp?), my employee, would sometimes clean automatically, but he was really slack about Ringing up Customers.
    After 4 weeks, Fred has made enough to build his house...
    I was wondering, do we have to stick with the smallest lots? As long as we spend only $17,000 on the retail store with lot.
    Regarding harvesting off lot...I did this so I could get fruit to put in my pastries and pies. Fred doesn't really have time to garden himself. What with keep up his needs and handling his customers. To entertain himself he has a bookshelf and a yoga mat. He had a speaker but...Jacques kept dancing instead of working so I had to take it out. It was strange because Jacques has a pretty high Work Ethic.

Oh that is funny about Jacques dancing. In week 2, they are going to hire employees. I am sure that the employees will be flirting, chatting, playing games on their phone, and doing everything other than working. lol We shall see how they do. I have to get through week 1 first!
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017 - Yes, all the prices for the outfits for male and female mannequins, whether you create or do random, whether they have all accessories or none are the same price. You would think that adding some necklaces, etc. would increase the price, but, no, not the case. I also read about how to change the outfit on a mannequin if you have more than one (example) female mannequin. You just go into create-a-sim and choose the outfit for the 2nd mannequin. Otherwise, if you do the dress the sim, it only gives you the one choice which is on the other sim. Does that make sense?

I am also glad you checked out the max # of mannequins you can have per lot because I didn't know that either. Thanks :)

I only asked because I didn't want to cheat and put a different outfit on each day to sell if each outfit counted as one item. :grimace:

Thanks for the tip on changing mannequin outfits. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

WOW I had much too read and so interesting!
    My daughter left already :cry: so I hope to play again this week! YAY :smiley:

@SoulGal7 , I´ve ROFL with this new chapter! How funny! You are very talented on telling stories, dear! Thank you!

Yes, I have a sim that playtested my Nursery Plants Store and is running it with great success (at least when I played LOL)

Meet Miriam Sims:

05-09-2017_20-51-26.png
    In this pic she just arrived in the empty lot for her "official residence" and is purchasing the Store.
    I have to say that I forgot to change the name of the commercial lot before building the "Nursery Plants Store" and now appears that she owns the Mobile Pastry Shop, but I don´t know how I can to change the name! :sweat:
    I had set the Mobile Pastry shop in that lot to check it before uploading it to The Gallery and, when I saw that everything was right, I deleted it, but the name remains. Well, at least I learned a new thing.

I´m not sure about to upload her to The Gallery.

05-09-2017_22-49-24.png
    This was her first day at work. She arrived on Sunday and planted and watered and on Monday, when she opened the plants had grown! I had to stop to sell live plants because they die! :cold_sweat:

Notice how it seems I'm selling a person! :fearful: LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top