Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Giveaway: Cats and Dogs! (Winners Announced)

Comments

• Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    lopithecus wrote: »
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    whats the one on the bottom its staring at me.
    LOL! She's been known to stare into souls, that's for sure.

"BRING THE FOOD TO ME NOW, HOOMAN!!"
    @LemDoodle , your little "Trash Monster" Piper looks like a Pug/Terrier mix! :o Does Piper have a curly tail, by any chance?
    Both dogs are adorable and beautiful! <3o:)
    You know I think that may be the closest guess yet! I thought she had a Pug face (hidden behind her wicked underbite lol), and she does have a curly tail! I think you might just be spot on!

And thank you so much for the kind words! ;u;

@LemDoodle , I'm glad I might have solved the mystery! o:) Of course I could be wrong, but other dogs with flatter faces are usually bigger boned (Pekingese, Boston Terriers, French Bulldogs). Other thoughts are Japanese Chin (I think they are related to Pugs and Pekingeses, but are smaller boned than Pekingeses and have longer hair than Pugs.) But Japanese Chins aren't as common as Pugs are, so I think the more likely candidate is the Pug. ;)
    There is a test you can now have your dog take to find out their actual genetic makeup, but I think it is expensive! A cheaper route might be to just read up on breeds that you suspect your dog is and see if there are any matches in both physical characteristics and personality. For example, most Terriers love to dig and chase small animals or birds. I grew up with a Scottish Terrier/Miniature Schnauzer mix (Miniature Schnauzers are like a German version of a Terrier), and we had to be extremely careful when we let our Parakeet fly in the house for exercise! :o She also injured herself trying to catch a wild rabbit that wandered into our back yard. :'( If she had been younger at the time, she wouldn't' have injured herself and she might have caught the rabbit! Most Pugs love to go in circles and they lick everything especially when they are happy! :D One of my Pugs loves to lick blankets, socks, my arm, the air vent, the carpet, etc., while my Pug puppy tries to lick everything on the lower part of the refrigerator when we open it! :D When I first got my oldest Pug, I thought these were just individual quirks of himself, but on a Pug owner's forum I found out that most Pugs do these things. Pugs also usually just want to do whatever their people are doing, so they usually adjust to their humans whether their humans are active or couch potatoes! <3
    But no matter what little Piper's genetics are, she is a cutie! And Ringo is gorgeous (love the black and white fur!) <3

You can get a genetic test online from anywhere between $65.00 - $135.00 USD on either Jet.com or Chewy.com. We got one for our own beagle mix (because we suspected he had some terrier in him by the way he acts) and we got the test on Jet.com for around $67.00 (using a coupon code.)

The prices range because of the different things they can test. We got the one that only tests for breeds but you can get a more expensive one that tests for future health issues they could/might face as well.

Our dog ended up being:
    • 37.5% Beagle
    • 12.5% Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    • 12.5% C*ocker Spaniel
    • 12.5% Basset Hound
    • (and the real shocker) 12.5% Saint Bernard

He also has a 12.5% unidentifiable mix-breed in him because the test only went back three generations and so it couldn't identify what the mix-breed dog was made of.

It's really interesting to learn about.

One of the rare times the dog isn't chasing the cat. XD
    23004698_1949208538629450_3876625630107617558_o.jpg?oh=14cab6bb77ae405607781a1791bcdd4d&oe=5A639153

@lopithecus , thank you so much for the information on genetic testing and prices for dogs! <3o:) I hope this info is helpful to @LemDoodle !
    I wish they had this testing when I was a child just so we could have known exactly what our Miniature Schnauzer/Scottish Terrier mix had in her besides those two breeds!
    I love your pic of your cat & dog! <3 I can see the Beagle and Basset Hound in him, and a bit of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier in his body, but I can't tell he's part St.Bernard or C*ocker Spaniel!!! :o How cool! B)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    You Got: 38% cat person and 62% dog person!You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

I've never had a pet in real life, just a few fish in the mini aquarium my sisters and I shared. When I was in fourth grade, though, I had an imaginary pug named Odette (from Swan Lake). And because both my parents had pet allergies, I wrote a little guide book for them (complete with cutouts from Dog Fancy) on how I planned to take care of a dog if they ever got me one. Now I'm in college and can't have pets on campus, but I will definitely be making my Odette with the Cats & Dogs EP!

Also, I'd post a pic of my little self-published How-To Guide but I can't post pics on the forum yet... :#

@HiddenObjectsSlushie , I absolutely love that you had an imaginary Pug named Odette! <3o:)<3o:)<3 I have a fawn male Pug senior, and a black female Pug puppy! :* I hope one day you can get a flesh & blood Odette! o:)
    In the meantime, enjoy making Odette for your Sims! <3
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Thank you for hosting this giveaway!!

You Got: 56% cat person and 44% dog person!
    You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each.

I don't have any pets at the moment, but used to have both cats and dogs.
  • Options
    musicalgirl2010musicalgirl2010 Posts: 37 Member
    You Got: 19% cat person and 81% dog person!
    You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

And I have 6 month old rescue pup
  • Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited October 2017
    lopithecus wrote: »
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    whats the one on the bottom its staring at me.
    LOL! She's been known to stare into souls, that's for sure.

"BRING THE FOOD TO ME NOW, HOOMAN!!"
    @LemDoodle , your little "Trash Monster" Piper looks like a Pug/Terrier mix! :o Does Piper have a curly tail, by any chance?
    Both dogs are adorable and beautiful! <3o:)
    You know I think that may be the closest guess yet! I thought she had a Pug face (hidden behind her wicked underbite lol), and she does have a curly tail! I think you might just be spot on!

And thank you so much for the kind words! ;u;

@LemDoodle , I'm glad I might have solved the mystery! o:) Of course I could be wrong, but other dogs with flatter faces are usually bigger boned (Pekingese, Boston Terriers, French Bulldogs). Other thoughts are Japanese Chin (I think they are related to Pugs and Pekingeses, but are smaller boned than Pekingeses and have longer hair than Pugs.) But Japanese Chins aren't as common as Pugs are, so I think the more likely candidate is the Pug. ;)
    There is a test you can now have your dog take to find out their actual genetic makeup, but I think it is expensive! A cheaper route might be to just read up on breeds that you suspect your dog is and see if there are any matches in both physical characteristics and personality. For example, most Terriers love to dig and chase small animals or birds. I grew up with a Scottish Terrier/Miniature Schnauzer mix (Miniature Schnauzers are like a German version of a Terrier), and we had to be extremely careful when we let our Parakeet fly in the house for exercise! :o She also injured herself trying to catch a wild rabbit that wandered into our back yard. :'( If she had been younger at the time, she wouldn't' have injured herself and she might have caught the rabbit! Most Pugs love to go in circles and they lick everything especially when they are happy! :D One of my Pugs loves to lick blankets, socks, my arm, the air vent, the carpet, etc., while my Pug puppy tries to lick everything on the lower part of the refrigerator when we open it! :D When I first got my oldest Pug, I thought these were just individual quirks of himself, but on a Pug owner's forum I found out that most Pugs do these things. Pugs also usually just want to do whatever their people are doing, so they usually adjust to their humans whether their humans are active or couch potatoes! <3
    But no matter what little Piper's genetics are, she is a cutie! And Ringo is gorgeous (love the black and white fur!) <3

You can get a genetic test online from anywhere between $65.00 - $135.00 USD on either Jet.com or Chewy.com. We got one for our own beagle mix (because we suspected he had some terrier in him by the way he acts) and we got the test on Jet.com for around $67.00 (using a coupon code.)

The prices range because of the different things they can test. We got the one that only tests for breeds but you can get a more expensive one that tests for future health issues they could/might face as well.

Our dog ended up being:
    • 37.5% Beagle
    • 12.5% Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    • 12.5% C*ocker Spaniel
    • 12.5% Basset Hound
    • (and the real shocker) 12.5% Saint Bernard

He also has a 12.5% unidentifiable mix-breed in him because the test only went back three generations and so it couldn't identify what the mix-breed dog was made of.

It's really interesting to learn about.

One of the rare times the dog isn't chasing the cat. XD

@lopithecus , thank you so much for the information on genetic testing and prices for dogs! <3o:) I hope this info is helpful to @LemDoodle !
    I wish they had this testing when I was a child just so we could have known exactly what our Miniature Schnauzer/Scottish Terrier mix had in her besides those two breeds!
    I love your pic of your cat & dog! <3 I can see the Beagle and Basset Hound in him, and a bit of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier in his body, but I can't tell he's part St.Bernard or C*ocker Spaniel!!! :o How cool! B)

His personality is mostly terrier (at least in the house. When he gets into the car, it's like he turns into a whole new dog, lol!)

The only indication that I've noticed that would signify he has C*ocker Spaniel in him, is a black dot on his tongue. ^_^ The Saint Bernard is the biggest puzzlement of them all, though, since we can't really see anything that would signify that. Darn those recessive genes, lol. XD

I know what you mean about wishing they had these things when you were a child. We had a dog previous to this one that we got when I was little, and he was supposed to be a pure bred Beagle, but we questioned it once in a while due to some small things. It would have been nice to have seen if he really was full beagle or if he had something else in him.
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    amkcschgtamkcschgt Posts: 13 New Member
    what % cat person and what % dog person are you
    You Got: 48% cat person and 52% dog person!
    You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each.

I don't have any pets right now as my landlord doesn't allow animals, but as soon as I get a place of my own I want to adopt a rescue cat and dog.
  • Options
    yodamiiyodamii Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2017
    You Got: 53% cat person and 47% dog person!
    You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each

I think this is accurate :# I own three cats and no dogs, but only because my cats don't like dogs... And I keep taking in cats because they just keep finding me. All of them are very unique and have their own personalities.

Kicia (means kitty..) is a troubled soul who wants to be loved but is scared of love. Petting her is a dangerous sport, but you cannot not pet her, as that would break her heart. She gets so scared of any loud noises and seems to think it is always at her, making me think she was abused. She has an adorable little triangle face and a huge body, a bit like No Face from Spirited Away after he fed on all the people. She became family after she approached us with intent in her eyes one day outside a convenience store. Someone had abandoned her.

Antonina is the purest soul I have ever encountered, human or animal. She is the only creature I have known that will not hurt another until in extreme danger (only hypothesising, I've never witnessed it). If you annoy her (don't), she will put up with it, never scratch. If you hurt her (don't) she will bear it, never hurt back. She was cuddly and warm and full of love from the day I adopted her when she was 5, which was amazing because she was visibly stressed too. She likes being rocked like a baby when cuddling. She has a routine of going to the same spot of my bedroom everyday at 11pm to play, with eyes filled with such intensity as if she was saying 'YOU. PLAYTIME. NOW'.

Kazik is a grandpa cat that I found on the street. He was so worn out (won't go into detail) that he looked much younger so it was a real surprise finding out he is actually 13! He is my most recent kitty so there is still a lot to get to know about him, but I can tell right now that he is so sweet and grateful for everything. Out of the three he is the most attached to the outdoors and requires it to be happy. It is such a wonderful feeling watching him be comfortable and safe when I remember what he looked like before.

Thanks for giving me an excuse to go on about my cats :D never enough of those
  • Options
    twmusetwmuse Posts: 13 New Member
    You Got: 18% cat person and 82% dog person!You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.
  • Options
    franka44021franka44021 Posts: 125 Member
    You Got: 26% cat person and 74% dog person!
    You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

I had a dog named Jewel who passed away and I am not ready for a new pet as yet. I also love cats but I'm allergic to them.

Best of Luck Everyone and thanks for the opportunity Simgirl1010!!!
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Thank you for doing this simgirl1010!

You Got: 35% cat person and 65% dog person!

Oh man, don't tell my cat :D I don't live with my dog (he's in a different state with my dad), but I adore him! Jack's a queensland heeler and is 13 years old this September! He's blind now, but still acts like such a puppy. My cat, Mickey, is 14 and was actually born under my bed when I was a kid lol he's a grumpy old man now. I posted a picture of him in a different thread, but he's a tuxedo cat with one ear flipped down from a surgery a few years ago. Besides cats/dogs, I also have a guinea pig who is 5 years old. Lupe's sister, Nymphadora, passed away on the 3rd, so this is actually the first time I'm saying I only have one. I miss her, but I'm thankful Lupe adjusted so well (she's loving the extra cuddle time).
  • Options
    MenkeMenke Posts: 1
    You Got: 35% cat person and 65% dog person!

Wow our scores are so close! I user to own a cat, it was the sweetest most grumpy cat ever! Acutally she was a real 🐸🐸🐸🐸, buy she telt safe with us. We adopted her at the age of 14! Thats very old for a cat, but we couldnt peace her there. A couple of weeks ago she faded away, at the beautiful age of 18! I would love to get a dog one day and a cat! Too bad my boyfriend is alergic for Cats, so I'll have to fantasize about it in the Sims! Goodluck everyone!
  • Options
    Ava_Rose86Ava_Rose86 Posts: 116 Member
    My Results -
    You Got: 36% cat person and 64% dog person!

My Dog
    tumblr_oyqu68qWOK1vvuhfpo1_540.jpg

His name is Chubby.
    He's gonna be 12 on the 6th. We've had his since he was 6 months.
    I think he has a personality of a cat, lol. He only comes to hang out with you when he wants to. He gets excited when he sees other dogs, no bigger than him tho. He think he can take on a big dog. He'll ignore other humans & cats but if he sees a dog his ears perky up.
  • Options
    funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    You Got: 49% cat person and 51% dog person!

Lol, OK. 10 of each, huh?
    We have one tuxedo cat and one puggle dog. They get along so much better now that they are a little older. Our cat tolerates our dog and our dog has finally gotten over the fact that our cat will never want to play with her. That's ok, though, because our dog has plenty of dog friends in her life.

Thank you for hosting the Pets giveaway! That's very nice of you. :smiley:
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    I got You Got: 26% cat person and 74% dog person!

• Options
    ashley9483ashley9483 Posts: 116 Member
    I Got: 56% cat person and 44% dog person!

Which is funny since I have 2 cats, 2 birds and no dogs. My cats are jasper and Skye. The birds are named Yoshi and Ruby. I apparently like everything in 2s and one of each gender
  • Options
    His personality is mostly terrier (at least in the house. When he gets into the car, it's like he turns into a whole new dog, lol!)

The only indication that I've noticed that would signify he has C*ocker Spaniel in him, is a black dot on his tongue. ^_^ The Saint Bernard is the biggest puzzlement of them all, though, since we can't really see anything that would signify that. Darn those recessive genes, lol. XD

I know what you mean about wishing they had these things when you were a child. We had a dog previous to this one that we got when I was little, and he was supposed to be a pure bred Beagle, but we questioned it once in a while due to some small things. It would have been nice to have seen if he really was full beagle or if he had something else in him.

Although the dog breed most famous for a black tongue is a Chow Chow, followed by a Shar Pei, many dogs are known to have partially black tongues! Any breed can have black in their tongue, but it is more likely in some breeds. Here is a list:
    https://www.dogbreedinfo.com/dogsbreed/blacktongue.htm
    So even though Beagles aren't on the list, that just means they aren't as likely to have any black in their tongue. So rest assured, your Beagle is probably a pure-bred Beagle, but is just a bit more unique than most other Beagles! B)<3 Your dog just has a freckle on its tongue! :D<3

• Options
    KalonKalon Posts: 4 New Member
    You Got: 46% cat person and 54% dog person!

I have two wonderful and cute kitties, Swift my handsome tabby and Cookie my adorable black kitten!
    Two Guinea pigs Tiny my cutie girl and Pepper my fluffy boy!
    So many fish!! at least 40 fishies! I even breed them! :D
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    I'd like to join too.

You Got: 34% cat person and 66% dog person!

I used to have a dog when I was a child. Now as an adult I neither have enough time nor space, unfortunately. But at least I can play with some virtual doggos in the game. :D
  • Options
    megan822megan822 Posts: 19 Member
    You Got: 20% cat person and 80% dog person!

I have 2 dogs Peanut and Gretchen. Lab and teddy bear, they are awesome dogs!
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    You Got: 18% cat person and 82% dog person!

I have one rescue dog named Rosie, who is part Australian Kelpie and part Beagle, from what we know. She was born in a shelter, so she had to learn how to trust people. Lots of energy and love! She is also our alarm system, barks if anyone nears the door, heh.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    You Got: 21% cat person and 79% dog person!

I'm surprised by this, since I'm allergic to cats!!

Thank you for hosting this giveaway. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    NicoleamoralNicoleamoral Posts: 977 Member
    You Got: 55% cat person and 45% dog person!

I have two kitties, Lily and Elliot. They are both 7 1/2, although Lily is exactly 3 weeks older. Lily is orange and Elliot is blonde. LOVE THEM!!!

I use Swagbucks to earn gift cards to pay for my Sims games! B)
    swagbucks.com/refer/NicM87
  • Options
    Lunabell87Lunabell87 Posts: 13 New Member
    You Got: 58% cat person and 42% dog person!

I have 2 dogs and 3 cats. First dog is a Shiba Inu named Hiro, he is my first Shiba and now I'm a Shiba addict. He is loyal to me, likes my husband but prefers me. He loves his 3 kitties, tries so hard to play with them. Only one will play with him a bit. 2nd dog is a German Shepherd mixed with some Malamute, her name is Twilight. Her and Hiro are best friends, they can't be separated. She is loyal to my husband and can't stand being away from him. She doesn't play with the cats, doesn't really care about them.

1st cat is Feather, she is the oldest. My neighbors were moving and decided to leave her behind, so I kept her. She was pregnant, I ended up keeping 2 of the kittens. Chi and Oreo. Oreo passed away 2 years ago, got a blood clot and found out he had heart disease at only 4 years old. Had no symptoms and his check ups were perfect until the blood clot. 2nd cat is Chi, unfortunately he also has heart disease and is on blood thinners for the rest of his life. We have a strong bond because he became deathly ill when he was 2 weeks old, too young for medication. He had a respiratory issues and stopped eating and wasn't growing. I had to feed him myself until he eventually got well, so he was with me more than Feather. He has extra toes on is front paws. 3rd cat is Draco, recently adopted. Saw him and something clicked, knew I needed to take him home. He turned out to be a perfect companion for Chi, they play and sleep together. Draco is a hyper kitty and is always playing. and loves attention.

Soon I will be getting 2 sugar gliders. I'm super excited!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,869 Member
    Giveaway has ended. Winners will be announced on Monday. :)
  • Options
    Poohmom437Poohmom437 Posts: 68 Member
    You Got: 30% cat person and 70% dog person!