Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Giveaway: Cats and Dogs! (Winners Announced)

Comments

• NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    edited October 2017
    You Got: 45% cat person and 55% dog person!
    You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each.

I had a Shih-tzu that recently passed away, her name was Asia and she was 14. I have a golden retriever mix named Trigger, and he is my life besides my daughter. Hes the best dog, hes so protective of us too and his fur is so fluffy <3<3<3 hes the pawfect cuddle buddy

10hvg4h.jpg30t6vr7.jpg

Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • deepdowndeepdown Posts: 3,121 Member
    @NiLLA that is such a good dog. So fluffy!
  • KStarKStar Posts: 1 New Member
    I got 33% cat and 67% dog. My husband, three kids and I own a male half pit bull half lab and a male 100% Pomeranian. They are our very loved fur babies that get almost as much lovin as our actual kids. We would never trade ANY of our kids/fur babies for anything. (Trying to figure out how to upload a picture.)
  • CassyCassy Posts: 20 Member
    You Got: 19% cat person and 81% dog person!
    You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

I have two dogs. Mica, a pitbull coonhound mix who enjoys chewing on bones and chasing laser lights and then there's Bella who is a lab golden retriever mix who loves fetch and her stuffed babies.
  • wairemananzwairemananz Posts: 4 New Member
    You Got: 40% cat person and 60% dog person!You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each.

My family have both. An almost 3yr old Australian Kelpie named Sheila and an almost 2yr old DMH Calico named 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (After the Egyptian Goddess not the others. No hate please).
  • NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    deepdown wrote: »
    @NiLLA that is such a good dog. So fluffy!

thank you! He is one of the best for sure :)
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • BiancaRosa21BiancaRosa21 Posts: 1 New Member
    You Got: 46% cat person and 54% dog person!
    You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each.

This is the perfect score for me because I love cats and dogs equally. I currently have 3 cats and am looking for a new dog. All are rescued from my local shelter.

Thank you for the giveaway and good luck to everyone!
  • wairemananzwairemananz Posts: 4 New Member
    > @wairemananz said:
    > You Got: 40% cat person and 60% dog person!You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each.
    >
    > My family have both. An almost 3yr old Australian Kelpie named Sheila and an almost 2yr old DMH Calico named plum (After the Egyptian Goddess not the others. No hate please).

lolz just noticed. My cats name isn't plum. I'm sorry if my cats name was deemed offensive. We named her after the Egyptian Goddess of protection, healing, motherhood, children and nature. Sorry again ;(
  • musicislife416musicislife416 Posts: 159 Member
    edited October 2017
    You Got: 68% cat person and 32% dog person!
    You are a cat person! Their cold demeanour only makes them more intriguing to you and earning their affection is a prized achievement. Please adopt five kitties immediately.

I have two cats. The oldest is Layla. She is 14 and is a domestic short hair. The youngest is Pika. She is 5 and is part domestic shorthair and part mainecoon.
    tumblr_ngzxfipZLO1u3tigco1_500.gif

• Amazingbella5Amazingbella5 Posts: 4 New Member
    You Got: 44% cat person and 56% dog person!
    You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each. I have a golden doodle who is sweet.
    You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each. I have a dog that is a golden doodle his name is Grover.
    You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each. i have a dog his name is Grover he is a golden doodle.
  • janick9janick9 Posts: 1 New Member
    You Got: 36% cat person and 64% dog person!

Haha funnily enough I actually have only ever owned cats. I currently have a 4 year old cat named Winston that I rescued from an animal shelter. He is currently living with FIV (similar to HIV) but you can hardly tell. He loves running around, jumping on the window sills and playing with any toys that I buy him. (Odd for a cat I know). When he's not being crazy he loves cuddling or sleeping in his chair.
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited October 2017
    what % cat person and what % dog person are you

You Got: 29% cat person and 71% dog person!You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

Currently, I don't have any pets. But in the past, I have had dogs, cats, birds, fish, and a turtle. Not all at once, though...lol
  • LightSlashMLightSlashM Posts: 1 New Member
    I am: 48% cat person and 52% dog person!

I've always loved all animals. I have one black lab right now named Sabrina, she's the ripe old age of 8 and is so much fun, yet she has been losing energy recently. None the less, dogs and cats are all amazing!
  • ispeaknolanguageispeaknolanguage Posts: 3 New Member
    You Got: 49% cat person and 51% dog person!

sounds about right! although cats can be little evil...
    at home I have two(2) Golden Retrievers!! they're both starting to become older which kinda sucks, their names are Bella and Mollie. and on top of that, I have two(2) chinchillas!! tiny little puffballs that I really love, their names are Titan and Helios (greek mythology)
  • KaterSimmerKaterSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    You Got: 60% cat person and 40% dog person!
    You are a cat person! Their cold demeanour only makes them more intriguing to you and earning their affection is a prized achievement. Please adopt five kitties immediately.

I have 3 cats, Fang, Ozzie and Mabel. Fang is a big black cat (with an appetite to match!) with one HUGE fang. He looks scary but he is ultra soppy and cuddly!

Ozzie is a fancy cat that we got from a shelter. His breed is called a “Blue Marble Bengal” and his fur is SUPER soft! He’s ultra clingy though, especially with my Dad.

Mabel is mega fluffy and small. She makes up for her size though, you could probably hear her meowing from China! She’s a mix between a ginger cat and a tortoise shell, and her nose is half pink and half grey because of that. Every colour of fur you could get on a cat is on her!
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited October 2017
    You Got: 28% cat person and 72% dog person!You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

I love dogs but I don't hate cats. I respect all animals.

I don't have pets right now, but I did in the past. I had hamsters, a dog, fish, birds, turtles.

It`d be awesome if I won, 'cause I just bought a PC (my current one died ages ago) and I have literally no money now. I'd love to be able to get something brand new for my PC!
  • PixelatedGloPixelatedGlo Posts: 3 New Member

I live in a small apartment so I can't own a pet at the moment. But in the future, I imagine myself with an akita-inu and a cute ragdoll cat *-*
  • shadicashadica Posts: 7 New Member
    You Got: 38% cat person and 62% dog person!
    You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

I love them both equally though x3

Thanks for hosting this giveaway!
  • LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    You Got: 47% cat person and 53% dog person!

I have two cats, Vinny and Liam who were both strays that used to live in a wooded area near my old house. I was slowly able to earn their trust and befriend them since both needed to be rescued as they were malnourished and Liam had injuries that needed medical attention-- poor guy! I remember giving them food and reading out loud to them nearly every day after I would come home from class just so they'd get used to my voice. I'm happy to report they are now two lazy house cats who are "retired" from their life of outdoor pursuits and receive far too many hugs and kisses.

I also have a rescue dog, Diffy! She's like the heart of our family and is always up for anything. She hates to be left out of anything and will quite literally climb in your lap or on your books, laptop, or whatever else is there that might be taking attention away from her at the given moment.

Thanks for the giveaway :)
  • lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited October 2017
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    whats the one on the bottom its staring at me.
    LOL! She's been known to stare into souls, that's for sure.

"BRING THE FOOD TO ME NOW, HOOMAN!!"
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    @LemDoodle , your little "Trash Monster" Piper looks like a Pug/Terrier mix! :o Does Piper have a curly tail, by any chance?
    Both dogs are adorable and beautiful! <3o:)
    You know I think that may be the closest guess yet! I thought she had a Pug face (hidden behind her wicked underbite lol), and she does have a curly tail! I think you might just be spot on!

And thank you so much for the kind words! ;u;

@LemDoodle , I'm glad I might have solved the mystery! o:) Of course I could be wrong, but other dogs with flatter faces are usually bigger boned (Pekingese, Boston Terriers, French Bulldogs). Other thoughts are Japanese Chin (I think they are related to Pugs and Pekingeses, but are smaller boned than Pekingeses and have longer hair than Pugs.) But Japanese Chins aren't as common as Pugs are, so I think the more likely candidate is the Pug. ;)
    There is a test you can now have your dog take to find out their actual genetic makeup, but I think it is expensive! A cheaper route might be to just read up on breeds that you suspect your dog is and see if there are any matches in both physical characteristics and personality. For example, most Terriers love to dig and chase small animals or birds. I grew up with a Scottish Terrier/Miniature Schnauzer mix (Miniature Schnauzers are like a German version of a Terrier), and we had to be extremely careful when we let our Parakeet fly in the house for exercise! :o She also injured herself trying to catch a wild rabbit that wandered into our back yard. :'( If she had been younger at the time, she wouldn't' have injured herself and she might have caught the rabbit! Most Pugs love to go in circles and they lick everything especially when they are happy! :D One of my Pugs loves to lick blankets, socks, my arm, the air vent, the carpet, etc., while my Pug puppy tries to lick everything on the lower part of the refrigerator when we open it! :D When I first got my oldest Pug, I thought these were just individual quirks of himself, but on a Pug owner's forum I found out that most Pugs do these things. Pugs also usually just want to do whatever their people are doing, so they usually adjust to their humans whether their humans are active or couch potatoes! <3
    But no matter what little Piper's genetics are, she is a cutie! And Ringo is gorgeous (love the black and white fur!) <3

You can get a genetic test online from anywhere between $65.00 - $135.00 USD on either Jet.com or Chewy.com. We got one for our own beagle mix (because we suspected he had some terrier in him by the way he acts) and we got the test on Jet.com for around $67.00 (using a coupon code.)

The prices range because of the different things they can test. We got the one that only tests for breeds but you can get a more expensive one that tests for future health issues they could/might face as well.

Our dog ended up being:
    • 37.5% Beagle
    • 12.5% Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    • 12.5% C*ocker Spaniel
    • 12.5% Basset Hound
    • (and the real shocker) 12.5% Saint Bernard

He also has a 12.5% unidentifiable mix-breed in him because the test only went back three generations and so it couldn't identify what the mix-breed dog was made of.

It's really interesting to learn about.

One of the rare times the dog isn't chasing the cat. XD
    23004698_1949208538629450_3876625630107617558_o.jpg?oh=14cab6bb77ae405607781a1791bcdd4d&oe=5A639153
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • cpromisel123cpromisel123 Posts: 112 Member
    You Got: 24% cat person and 76% dog person!

I have a sweet orange & white Brittany dog! He's full of energy and very affectionate.
  • HiddenObjectsSlushieHiddenObjectsSlushie Posts: 10 New Member
    You Got: 38% cat person and 62% dog person!You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

I've never had a pet in real life, just a few fish in the mini aquarium my sisters and I shared. When I was in fourth grade, though, I had an imaginary pug named Odette (from Swan Lake). And because both my parents had pet allergies, I wrote a little guide book for them (complete with cutouts from Dog Fancy) on how I planned to take care of a dog if they ever got me one. Now I'm in college and can't have pets on campus, but I will definitely be making my Odette with the Cats & Dogs EP!

Also, I'd post a pic of my little self-published How-To Guide but I can't post pics on the forum yet... :#