The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Giveaway: Cats and Dogs! (Winners Announced)

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited October 2017
    You Got: 49% cat person and 51% dog person!

You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each.

This really surprises me. I like both cats and dogs (... when the latter aren't barking too loudly), but I've always considered myself much more of a cat person than a dog person. :D

I don't have any pets in real life, my flat is too small and on the sixth floor of an apartment building, but when I was younger and living in a big house with my family, we had many cats, dogs and even geese. One of the latter pooped right in front of my feet while I was chasing it as a kid, I will never forget that. :D

Thank you for this opportunity!
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    You Got: 27% cat person and 73% dog person!
    You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

I never thought of myself as a pet person. And I would have never guessed I was a dog person, as a kid I was always terrified with dogs and that lasted until I was like 15 (?). Ironically though, my family loved dogs, so we always had dogs. What's even more ironic is that the only pets (Michael and Nips) that I actually loved were dogs. Sometime in 2005 a few months after my father passed away, my aunt gave us one of their puppies. I was the only one at home when she gave it to us, and me being really indifferent to pets was not really excited about it. He was a half Japanese Spitz and half Shih Tzu, very small, very white and very scared. During his first few days with us he would hide under our couch and would curl up when you approached him. I could imagine how scary it would be to be separated with your mom for the first time and in a completely different environment. I thought, I'll let my sister handle this, she was always the dog lover in the family. But as the days go by, this tiny thing would always follow me for some reason, I think it's because I was the first person he met in our household, he would not go near my sister. Which I thought was funny. So somehow, I wanted to amuse myself and well... toy with him for a while, thinking that it was probably just a phase or something. I don't think I would ever love another pet again, but him. He was the most affectionate pet to me. He was my best friend (and at time my worse as well, training him to poop outside was both the most rewarding and worse thing ever). He was the one who woke me up in the morning, even when I didn't have classes (or work later on). I was the only person in the house who actually played with him, and we fought a lot as well, hehe... yeah, I give tough love. When ever he knows I'm mad at him, he would do that dog thing where he stays in a corner with his tail curled up, and looks down (that's a dog thing, right?). I would snuggle with him eventually, and he would be happy again. I miss him. We had him for a over 10 years. He died sometime in December 2016. He was very old at that time... :(

Like I said, I was never a pet person. And I never really considered myself one, until now. Because honestly, I thought Nips for me was more than a pet, he was one of my best friends. He was an extension to myself. I still miss him today... Ok I have to stop... I... ......................

@estella_dee , thank you for your lovely story! <3 I would have to say if you loved a pet enough to consider him or her as your best friend, then I would say you are a pet person, just a very selective pet person! B) In contrast is a person I know who never felt that way to any of the pets her husband or children had. She was kind to the pets, but never missed them once they passed away. She is not a pet person! :'(
    You, on the other hand, are more like an introvert without a bunch of friends, but instead has just one or two terrific ones! ;)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    You Got: 27% cat person and 73% dog person!
    You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

I never thought of myself as a pet person. And I would have never guessed I was a dog person, as a kid I was always terrified with dogs and that lasted until I was like 15 (?). Ironically though, my family loved dogs, so we always had dogs. What's even more ironic is that the only pets (Michael and Nips) that I actually loved were dogs. Sometime in 2005 a few months after my father passed away, my aunt gave us one of their puppies. I was the only one at home when she gave it to us, and me being really indifferent to pets was not really excited about it. He was a half Japanese Spitz and half Shih Tzu, very small, very white and very scared. During his first few days with us he would hide under our couch and would curl up when you approached him. I could imagine how scary it would be to be separated with your mom for the first time and in a completely different environment. I thought, I'll let my sister handle this, she was always the dog lover in the family. But as the days go by, this tiny thing would always follow me for some reason, I think it's because I was the first person he met in our household, he would not go near my sister. Which I thought was funny. So somehow, I wanted to amuse myself and well... toy with him for a while, thinking that it was probably just a phase or something. I don't think I would ever love another pet again, but him. He was the most affectionate pet to me. He was my best friend (and at time my worse as well, training him to poop outside was both the most rewarding and worse thing ever). He was the one who woke me up in the morning, even when I didn't have classes (or work later on). I was the only person in the house who actually played with him, and we fought a lot as well, hehe... yeah, I give tough love. When ever he knows I'm mad at him, he would do that dog thing where he stays in a corner with his tail curled up, and looks down (that's a dog thing, right?). I would snuggle with him eventually, and he would be happy again. I miss him. We had him for a over 10 years. He died sometime in December 2016. He was very old at that time... :(

Like I said, I was never a pet person. And I never really considered myself one, until now. Because honestly, I thought Nips for me was more than a pet, he was one of my best friends. He was an extension to myself. I still miss him today... Ok I have to stop... I... ......................

@estella_dee , thank you for your lovely story! <3 I would have to say if you loved a pet enough to consider him or her as your best friend, then I would say you are a pet person, just a very selective pet person! B) In contrast is a person I know who never felt that way to any of the pets her husband or children had. She was kind to the pets, but never missed them once they passed away. She is not a pet person! :'(
    You, on the other hand, are more like an introvert without a bunch of friends, but instead has just one or two terrific ones! ;)

Thank you for your kind words. I still have teary eyes when I think about him. You are right, I am an introvert, but paradoxically also a social person, it is easy for me to find friends. However I am also sensitive, I guess? Like my dog, I miss my father too. I do find myself every now and again, staring blankly in space at night, before bed thinking of my father (and sometimes my puppy, dog really, I just consider him as a puppy). If I was a real sim, I would definitely have that sad moodlet very often. :P
  • RobynAsterRobynAster Posts: 4 New Member
    You Got: 24% cat person and 76% dog person!

I have an adorable two-year-old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Cupcake. :) Her "brother" is a seven-year-old mix of a Dachshund and Yorkshire Terrior (we call him a Dorkie) named Buddy.
  • ElfinCynElfinCyn Posts: 4 New Member
    You Got: 25% cat person and 75% dog person!

Sadly I do not currently have a pet. Thanks to the fact I'm always traveling.
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    edited October 2017
    You Got: 45% cat person and 55% dog person!
    (You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each.)
    My two furry girls are taking up all the space of the apartment we're living, so one more reason for me to buy a house to a biiiiig yard! :smiley: And of course, adopt 8 more cats and 10 dogs!
    I am not entering the giveway contest (already bought the pack), just wanna show-off a bit :D
    Ok3obln.jpg
    CmlP1mm.jpg
    Post edited by SimLark on
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • nibreea98nibreea98 Posts: 2 New Member
    You Got: 36% cat person and 64% dog person!

I love all animals! I treat my dog Jade like she’s my child. I’m pretty sure she sick of me sometime but I love her too much to care,lol.
  • halfnotes9halfnotes9 Posts: 163 Member
    edited October 2017
    Took the test! You Got: 20% cat person and 80% dog person!
    You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already. P.S. I don't have any pets because my husband is severely allergic, so I'm hoping to get all my puppy love from this expansion! My daughter has two dogs that I play with and walk whenever I'm at her house.
  • sheshysheshy Posts: 111 Member
    34& cat person and 66% dog person!
    I have a dog named Tinker Belle who's a basset hound and I used to have a labradoodle named Crissi, but she died last November from a tumor in her liver.
  • SimiellaSimiella Posts: 36 Member
    Took the quiz:
    You Got: 35% cat person and 65% dog person!

I have a dog, a very cute Bichon Havanese named Isak. I really love him! It's weird how a dog (and maybe a cat I never had one) can be like a family member. I feel like I have a better connection with dogs but then cats seem so calm and independent which I find very mysterious.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Took the quiz. It says, 30% cat person and 70% dog person. My parents own dogs. There are severe allergies to cats, so that may be why I have less favor for them. I personally do not own any cats or dogs. I have two fancy parakeets that spend about half their day outside the cage. I am more a bird person instead.
  • HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    @ClaudiaPopa

They are cuteeeee. <3
    2vc864m.jpg

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member

You Got: 37% cat person and 63% dog person!

My real fur babies. Well, I recently had to say goodbye to my little buddy, Buster. He was a rescue dog and was old when we got him, but he gave us two very happy years. Never wanted anything except to be loved. Someone had just turned him out on the street, I guess because he was old.

37660197472_75fd7b3159.jpg

And then there is Una, also a rescue dog. She's been with us about 5 years and fancies herself a football mascot. She has allergies, and I guess her owners didn't want the expense of a special-needs dog.

36982430694_4c7a29fa32.jpg

And finally, we have Charlie, who just joined us a few days ago. We got him from the local humane society. He looks like a puppy, but they say he's about a year old, abandoned by his family. I just don't understand that.

37660210672_020f1c297d.jpg

We also have a cat, Huckleberry, but he's a shy boy and hard to get on camera. He was also a rescue.

There are so many dogs and cats available through rescue agencies and humane societies. I encourage everyone to look there, and don't be afraid to get an adult pet. Often times they are already house-trained and have gotten past the "chew everything to pieces" phase. I used to worry about an adult pet bonding with us like a puppy or kitten would. What I discovered is that this is nothing to worry about; where there is love, there is a home.

• fmcisaacfmcisaac Posts: 4 New Member
    I Got: 48% cat person and 52% dog person!
    You're just about equally cat person and dog person! If it's fluffy and cute, you're here for it. You don't feel too strongly either way so it's probably best you fill your home with 10 of each.
    I have 2 cats right now one is named Ginger and she is going on 3 years old the other is Fisher and he is going on 6.
    This is Ginger:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/PkpWKR4.jpg[/img]

This is Fisher:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/3Lm75l4.jpg[/img]

This is was our two older cats who passed away Tigger (Orange) and Toby (Black and White) they were the best of friends may they RIP, I miss them so.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/prJKOsh.jpg[/img]
  • fmcisaacfmcisaac Posts: 4 New Member
    My images didn't work and I don't know how to edit my post but this is my pets
    Ginger: https://imgur.com/PkpWKR4

Fisher:https://imgur.com/3Lm75l4

Tigger and Toby who sadly passed: https://imgur.com/prJKOsh
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    fmcisaac wrote: »
    My images didn't work and I don't know how to edit my post but this is my pets
    Ginger: https://imgur.com/PkpWKR4

Fisher:https://imgur.com/3Lm75l4

Tigger and Toby who sadly passed: https://imgur.com/prJKOsh

once your a member the links will work.
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    This are my results:

You Got: 39% cat person and 61% dog person!You are a dog person! You love coming home from work and being tackled by your fave buddy, and seeing a dog on the street makes your day. You should absolutely get a dog if you haven't got one already.

100% truth, and by the way thank u for doing this :)

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• UnluckywolfUnluckywolf Posts: 60 Member
    You Got: 59% cat person and 41% dog person!

To be honest, I think I way more cat person and less dog person than it says, but I decided to take the results as they are.

As of now I have have a black and white short hair cat named Seymore, another cat that is one-third siamese named Mario ( and no, I did not name him after the video game character ), and a black long hair named Tabitha.
  • triGtriG Posts: 15 New Member
    You Got: 32% cat person and 68% dog person!

I currently have 2 dogs in my household, we had another 1, all different breeds.
  • SyderzzSyderzz Posts: 2 New Member
    You Got: 52% cat person and 48% dog person!

Okay so my results aren't entirely correct. I like dogs but I really am a cat person.

Anyway, in my house we have:
    A Black and White Cat called Jasmine (my baby)
    An English Cocker Spaniel called Monroe (my older sister's dog)
    An African Grey Parrot called Stanley (my mum's pet)
    And lots and lots of guppies (my little sister's fish)
  • SiranSiran Posts: 7 New Member
    You Got: 60% cat person and 40% dog person!You are a cat person! Their cold demeanour only makes them more intriguing to you and earning their affection is a prized achievement. Please adopt five kitties immediately.

<3 Thanks for the giveaway it's a nice idea from you <3
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited October 2017
    You Got: 15% cat person and 85% dog person!

As for pets, I have 2 miniature poodles. Riley and Kayla. They are me and my husband's world. So cute and smart. They both will ring a bell to be let outside. :)<3 Can't wait to make them in Sims 4 <3

Kayla snuggled in for winter:

UEQG8kg.jpg?2

Riley after a grooming:

RgLmL9o.jpg
  • Cata_Sims1Cata_Sims1 Posts: 2 New Member
    You Got: 56% cat person and 44% dog person!
  • MilklywayoreosMilklywayoreos Posts: 2 New Member
    You Got: 36% cat person and 64% dog person!

I have a 15-year-old miniature poodle named Ruby, who I adore to death. She's so cute and if anything happened to her I would cry myself to sleep for the rest of my life. She's so old and fragile looking, but acts like a puppy, and sleeps a lot.
    We named her Ruby, since our fish name was Max, and at that time my brother and I liked Max and Ruby.
  • Average_simmerAverage_simmer Posts: 25 Member
    You Got: 45% cat person and 55% dog person!

I have 2 adorable dogs and 4 mischievous cats. My older dog is a 9 year old boxer mastiff mix named Brandy. Prime example of gentle giant. The biggest baby who is spoiled rotten. My baby is a 5 year old shiba inu mix named Morgan, who is basically glued to Brandy. She is such a sweet and loving dog. She cane from a rescue in TJ as a puppy and can be skittish at times. My 2 female cats are sisters that are 6 years old. I have their mom and decided to keep the two kittens. The mom has since passed away. The two look and act very different from each other. One is a Domestic Medium Hair named Coco who is very loving and wants to cuddle all the time and very vocal. The other is a Domestic Short Hair named Minnie (she looked like a mini version of their mom) who is very independent and is a you can love me when i say so type. My other 2 cats are identical twin boys named Deja and Boo like Deja vu since they are identical and go everywhere together. They came to me when a friend was moving and no one would take the kittens. Of course i didnt need more cats but took them in anyways. Now i couldnt imagine my life without my furry babies. (I would put pictures but i am not at a high enough membership)