Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical and Alpine images found in game code

So what you think? Penguin indicates a snowy world.

Comments

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Yooo that would be nice, but that means the beaches should be working right? Because right now you can't use it or go into the ocean..
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    Yooo that would be nice, but that means the beaches should be working right? Because right now you can't use it or go into the ocean..

This will be a new world so oceans should be coded for swimming.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I wonder if they will do GPs for each season and each GP will tie into something else. Like snow/winter coming along with a vacation world that matches the theme. I dunno how they would do them all individually like that tho. Four different vacation packs? would that be overkill?
    6riwm5.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2017
    I wonder if they will do GPs for each season and each GP will tie into something else. Like snow/winter coming along with a vacation world that matches the theme. I dunno how they would do them all individually like that tho. Four different vacation packs? would that be overkill?

The only slight issue I see with this is that they usually don't make features in packs that require other packs since not everyone may have them - now for the season itself, it doesn't matter, but I wonder how well seasons would then be implemented into the game as a whole. Not stating it's necessarily a problem, just something I wonder about. I think, but I don't know, that a tropical GP is very, very likely given how many people have been asking for it (still wishing they'd prefer a winter themed vacay but well haha), but that it doesn't necessarily exclude a full seasons EP at all.

Thinking out loud... How awesome would it be if they really did patch in rain and dreariness, then release a tropical GP for sims to get away from their rainy homes (I mean, right now, the world looks permanently hot to me, temperature-wise), to then after a bit of other content, come with a full seasons EP? Hm... I can dream :)
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    They could do a season per vacation gp. For instance a snowy vacation pack could also add in winter weather patterns and an option to add them in other world's. Just a spit ball idea because a few of the vacation themes feel like they could use some weather to flesh them out better.
    yeah I was just thinking about that as well. how would seasons work if someone only had one of them? weirdly I'd guess! EP is our best bet. as for vacations, I think a tropical, winter, or "exotic" destination are the most likely. I'm sure they'll do more than one vacation pack unless they end up combined.
    6riwm5.png
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    What? All those icons are base game, aren't they? :neutral:
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    They should have a vacation gp with a snowy world and then a tropical island. In the snowy world, our sims can go snow boarding, tobogganing (don't know if I spelt that right) etc. And they can stay in a cabin. And for a tropical island, our sims can relax on the beach, play beach volleyball, go scuba diving etc.

If they made it into a gp and then have seasons as an ep, then seasons would make every world have the different seasons and vacations would just add a snowy world and a tropical world.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr

Possible I admit I didn't actually watch the video lol

I think so minus the autumn/winter ones. maybe the crowns too.
    6riwm5.png
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I don't know about the other seasons, but I'm actually pretty sure that a tropical vacation theme might very well come in a GP. After all, Outdoor Retreat already gives us the basics of vacation and can be compared to one of the vacation spots in TS2 Bon Voyage, as could a tropical vacation pack. Since we already have eternal summer, a tropical vacation pack wouldn't really need Seasons to work. After all, in TS2 most summer-y things like suntanning and ocean swimming were introduced in BV rather than Seasons.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    I feel like a vacation pack will definitely debut before seasons is released.
    6riwm5.png
    edited August 2017
    I thought those were new oh well.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I just hope we get beach stuff soon. It would be even better if all existing bodies of water in the current worlds were retroactively designed to be swimmable, but I'm fine with just a beach destination world too.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited August 2017
    Ok, so I looked at it now and just wanted to say that even if these are base game, it still doesn't mean that they're not a hint of things to come (just like some of the conversation options heavily hinted towards content that's now in the game).

I mean, just look at this:
    4rptfcE.png

So although some of these may look familiar, I'm actually not sure I've seen all of them before (especially the one with the diamond and the crushed can or whatever):
    T1PABlq.png

So yeah, even if they have been there for a while or were added in with certain packs, that doesn't necessarily mean they're not foreshadowing future content (or ideas for future content they're already considering) ... :)
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Since we already got the vacation system, I assume they can concentrate more on the world and activities
  • PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    Winter is coming.

No, but seriously, alpine? Yay! I want my sims to be able to go skiing.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Oh my, I'd love a new vacation spot! Especially a tropical one. I haven't watched the video and I don't really know what the icons are about but I feel like they have A LOT planned when it comes to different climates, weather, etc. These things just always come pretty late and we're already 3 years in, so... Wouldn't make sense to only give us OR, right? I'm keeping my fingers crossed the next GP is vacation themed, summer or winter, both are fine.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited August 2017
    A tropical vacation spot would be the one thing that would have me totally freak out. We can already create so many awesome beach outfits - give us the beach already! I mean swimming and snorkeling in the ocean, lying on deck chairs and blankets, playing beach volleyball, looking for shells ... the whole shebang!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • k_gennak_genna Posts: 160 Member
    They had a penguin that randomly popped up when it snowed in ts2. Since it seems they are remaking some of the worlds from 2, perhaps it's another random npc (in 2 I think all you could do was pet it), but is indicative of weather?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    k_genna wrote: »
    They had a penguin that randomly popped up when it snowed in ts2. Since it seems they are remaking some of the worlds from 2, perhaps it's another random npc (in 2 I think all you could do was pet it), but is indicative of weather?

I miss the penguin! It was so adorable, and it's sad it didn't come back in Sims 3.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    A tropical vacation spot would be the one thing that would have me totally freak out. We can already create so many awesome beach outfits - give us the beach already! I mean swimming and snorkeling in the ocean, lying on deck chairs and blankets, playing beach volleyball, looking for shells ... the whole shebang!

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll get swimmable oceans in cats and dogs with it being a coastal town.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

I'm beginning to wonder if we'll get swimmable oceans in cats and dogs with it being a coastal town.

I would be ok with that, if only one neighbourhood had a swimmable ocean. I'd still want my tropical vacation pack though ... my sims desperately need to sit in a deck chair and sip on fancy cocktails while watching the sunset at the beach under palm trees on their well deserved vacation in the Caribbean!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...