Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sequel: Where’s Bella, The End posted

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @ZeeGee WOW! :open_mouth: Just wow! That was awesome!!! :smiley: You put so much thought into this and pieced it all together beautifully!
    My heart was breaking when it came to Agnes telling Cassandra she had to undo everything to save her mom, which meant she'd lose Erik Darling. :cry: (Cassandra calling her a hot mess. :lol: I'm not sure what's what I would've called the dreaded Mrs. Crumplebottom, but that's funny! )
    The Johnny Cash song you played. <3 So I'm sitting here watching the video, hubby is in the other room and he randomly says to me, "This is a dang good song!" :smiley: Then I said, "I think that's why she added it to this moment in the story." ;) (I may have told him before I watched the video not to bother me while I watched it because I didn't want to miss anything! :p But he couldn't help saying that. ;) )
    The video editing you did was superb all around!
    Ah, Dina is pregnant. (I figured that out pretty quick with her drinking grape juice instead. ;) ) Awww...wish Michael could be there to help her raise the child. :cry: Such a su'cky su'cky situation...
    I don't even want to know what else Don might've been doing to Bella down in that basement. :flushed: But we see that mostly he was holding her hostage until he found a way to claim the Goth fortune. Awful. Horrible man!!! :rage:
    Holy cr'ap! What did Dina do to him!?!? :scream: That was rad! :star: He got what he deserved! Does she have magical powers or something? (Did she actually turn him into a doll that her son was chewing on in the end? :lol: )
    I'm SO glad this ended happily for the Goth family, such unknown suffering they have experienced all these years. It's wonderful to see some closure there as a Sims fan. :blush: (And such a selfless act Agnes did for her sister. <3<3 It makes me hate Sims 2 Mrs. Crumplebottom a little less.)
    I can see how you have mixed feelings ending it. You did an incredible job on this series girl! :star: It's a bummer that all good things must come to an end...
    Loved the epilogue so we could see what happened to all the characters. Yay for Nina, and I'm glad she and Dina stayed close. I can't say I blame Dina for not marrying again. So Blair didn't get arrested after all cause she didn't know about the basement? :lol: Did I understand that right?
    Bella and Mortimer together again. <3<3
    ***APPLAUSE***
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @emorrill I appreciate your support and comments throughout this series so much ❤️
    That song rips my heart. 💔 I thought it was a good match to the scene. What happened with your husband made me laugh. You sure have a way with words, which is what took me so long to get over here and answer you. SO into your Stardew Valley story. Poor Shane 😭 ANYWAY!

The basement scene: I went to a real dark place with that and had to pull back. It was too upsetting for me so too upsetting for everyone watching too I think. Not violent but emotional.

Dina is 25% alien from her grandpa. That’s where she got her powers. I thought people would know this so probably didn’t make it clear enough cause someone else commented on this on YouTube also. My bad! And yes that was Don trapped inside a doll for little Mikey and future toddlers to abuse at will. 😊

Blair didn’t know about the basement. The police were suspicious and arrested her because she sold Don the house, was the last person to speak with Bella before her disappearance and made some snarky comments about her. But in the end it turned out she had no knowledge of anything and was just jealous of Bella, which is why she made the snarky comments. 😊
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited February 2021
    @ZeeGee Fantastic Ending! Brava!
    I was so thrilled and just sat motionless and in utter AWE when Dina used her alien powers to get Don!!! YES!!! that was so awesome! So much better than aliens took her or him ending up in a corn field, please! although there was a time machine... . Your way is so much better! and totally unexpected!

Gosh Don was Beating Bella 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I'm so glad Dina made it so he can never do that again, and here he is a doll to be banged on the ground and gnawed on by Michaels SON! sooo Perfect!

I loved everything: Morty's tears for his love Bella, Cassandra being so beautiful and smart! Agnes giving the ultimate sacrifice, Nina's smile when she realizes her sis was drinking grape juice--so wonderful!

The epilogue was so great! I always love epilogues! it gives a sense of closure!

I am going to miss having updates to this series, but at least I can always start it all over again! (and have several times) please don't ever take it down from youtube! It is just really incredibly good!

edited because I don't Like to be censored! :D:D
    edited February 2021
    @DivaDoodle Thank you for all those comments! I sure appreciate it. And especially enjoyed the comment on
    Michael’s son.
    😆😊 I do think about pulling my older episodes at times cause the lack of editing skills is embarrassing, but comments like yours keep me from doing that. You go back and watch them again? That makes me so happy. Maybe I’ll redo them some day! Also, the forum censored you again, I hate those plum little hearts. I just say plum now instead. This forum has gotten very frustrating with all the new changes. 😬🙄

@ZeeGee yes I have seen them from beginning four times now, and the Dina & Michael and the Gunther at university singly 5 times! Gunther is just so handsome and wonderful!

Please keep them there! or somehow give them to me!!! lol ;) I'm sure there are others who feel the same way!

there is only one other story on video that comes close and close isn't even very close at all, but was captivating, but it was made so so long ago or. I've viewed it twice. it is the normal story line.
    @DivaDoodle Well you’ve convinced me. I will leave them up. Thank you 😊 Would you link the other video that you mentioned you like? I’d love to see it.
    @ZeeGee Ditto, keep your videos up forever. :kissing_heart: Cause I too will want to watch them again. I thought they were freaking awesome even in the very beginning! :star:
    edited February 2021
    I didn't save it as a favorite, and the search on youtube is ghastly, but I Will search! I had found it by someone recommending the story here in the general chat section, a long time ago. the video maker had a funny name, and never made another video. I think it was made in 2012? it was set to music and had script text for us to read at the bottom. And it was a story not a let's play. I wish I were better at searching! I will keep trying!

Edit: ZeeGee I haven't found it yet, But found one I forgot all about, you'll get the idea of the other one as I continue to search! It is a fun one to watch, no text, just Drama and the cute Sims 2 people!

I'll PM it to you as I don't want anything to distract from your creation! :)
    Post edited by DivaDoodle on
    edited February 2021
    @emorrill Thank you :heart:

@DivaDoodle Oh don't worry! I know how horrific searching YouTube can be so I don't want you to waste time on that, but thank you for trying! And I don't mind you posting it here. Others might be curious too. The more machinima the better!
    DivaDoodle wrote: »

@DivaDoodle Thanks for all that searching! I actually am watching the series now. :lol: I saw Cassandra's pigtails bouncing! Wish they had that in Sims 3. I don't know that much about Sims 2 but it looks fun.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Loved the ending! (I don't log in so much any more, or even lurk much; so I'm late commenting.)
    I thought Dina was sending Don to Riverview to live in the silo until the doll chewing. And, I was waiting to see why Bella ended up in Strangetown, maybe after escaping from where Don had hidden her out. In Sims 2, Don is standing at the alter with Cassandra; and I always had her leave him there. So, I kind of expected it to be a Cassandra "aha" moment where she didn't let Don know she knew about his ways until it was more public and embarrassing for him. So unexpected twists and turns in an alternate reality. Thank you for going to all the effort to keep us all entertained!
    @ciane Thanks!
    Don was meant to end up in the silo....after he'd been through some stuff. But I changed my mind. I might some day do an alternate ending and tell what I had originally planned? But Bella will always come home in my stories. :smile::love:
    @ZeeGee (I meant to reply earlier...) I'm pretty familiar with The Sims 2 characters but...
    I had no idea Dina had some alien blood in her from her grandfather. So that's really my bad, not your bad. :kissing_heart: And I was totally thinking her eyes looked alien in that moment, but I then I was like, "No...she must know some magic." :lol: Lots of magic that pops up in the Sims. ;)

I tell ya, I don't really know the Sims 2 Lore as much as I thought I did after watching all your amazing videos. ;)<3

When you mentioned going to a real dark place in that basement scene and you had to pull back...I fully understand that. I went dark with one of my characters in my Holland Family story (Sue) and I worried it disturbed many of my readers. :( It was very uncomfortable for me to write about and I hesitated adding in into the story. At the same time though, I felt it was necessary for this character's character development and it helped me branch out and grow as a writer in a way I never thought possible. :star: I can honestly say I'm a better writer because I did that...

Thank you for the reply comments. :kissing_heart:
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited February 2021

As I posted on your channel, here is my more detailed comments.

You didn’t disappoint with the finale. Amazing song choices, attention to small details, fantastic use of cc, and of course a great story line full of emotion and unexpected twists.
    When I watched the previous episode I wondered when the time machines would be brought back in. Great twists in this part of the story. I wasn’t expecting Agnes to follow Cassandra. Agnes personal sacrifice made the scene so much more emotional than if Cassandra had fixed the past on her own. Then another twist as I was expecting their return to the past to fix the present would work.

Great attention to detail to have a puff of smoke come out of the tampered time machine’s key pad and it even sizzled.

Love your dialogue. For example, Cassandra’s line to Agnes “You were a hot mess” made me chuckle. How straightforward teens can be. And in the Epilogue, the only thing Blair was guilty of was being a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Your choice of song for the time machine scene was spot-on. Johnny Cash’s version of Hurt added even more intensity to the emotions of that scene. I teared up as Agnes slid down the wall. Her change in lip colour (another example of your attention to detail) left no doubt that she had passed on.

When Dina and Nina were sitting around before the wedding, I wondered why Dina was not as slim as Nina. Glad her story had a happy ending with her little Michael. Lol Nina’s reaction to the grape juice reminded me when I was trying to hid my pregnancy many decades ago and close friends asked why aren’t you drinking coffee – are you pregnant!)

Cassandra was a beautiful bride - and Sim - and her gown was gorgeous.

While the dungeon/basement scene was very intense, I detached myself from the emotion for a second to notice “Hey she used the Never Mind the Milk Crates, Here’s the Telly from Loud, Fast, Clash. (That’s the DD stalker in me.) I appreciate all the furnishing used and your search for CC such as for the hospital room. I was brought back to the emotion of the scene with Don’s sinister face, Bella’s battered face and Dina’s darkening eyes. That was another great twist in the story as I was caught me off guard with Dina powers. I didn’t know her grandfather was an alien. More Sims lore you have taught me.

Now that the series has completed, I think Dina was your most compelling character with her transformation from villain to hero.

Great Twilight Zoom type end to Don.

As I have commented before, you have given these characters such personality, such life. I have grown attached to them in a way just playing them in my Sims game has never achieved. The in-game characters do not have even a tiny bit of the life you have given these characters with your talents.

I agree with the comments and requests to not take your videos down from your YouTube channel.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the household biographies and family trees of the Sims from Sunset Valley and creating such a moving, emotional intriguing and captivating series.

Now, like a Netflix series, I am going to rewatch and binge both The Prequel and The Sequel from start to finish. (I calculated the length of The Sequel - 1 hour 35 minutes! Wow a feature length film!!! ).

Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @ciane Thanks!
    Don was meant to end up in the silo....after he'd been through some stuff. But I changed my mind. I might some day do an alternate ending and tell what I had originally planned? But Bella will always come home in my stories. :smile::love:

Here's another spoiler for your spoiler on my original spoiler:
    I just expected Bella to wander around Strangetown for a bit after escaping. Returning home to Mortimer afterwards is, of course, a nice ending. And, having Don trapped in a doll before going to the Silo is a great twist that should help him see the error or his past ways.

Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply to everyone’s nice comments. I’ve not been feeling well.

@emorrill
    Thats interesting. Maybe I should have gone to the ‘dark place’. Gives me something to think about with future episodes. 😊

I have played Sims 2 but very little. I git the UC for free. I played the Broke family and accidentally killed off the mom pretty quick because I couldn’t figure out how to put out a fire. I was trying all the Sims 3 ways and nothing worked! And of course I played the Goth family a bit to get a feel for them. Mostly I got my lore from the wikis. I had a scene earlier in the series where Nina asked Dina if she’d told Michael about their ‘inheritance’ from their grandfather but that could have been anything if you didn’t know he was an alien! 🤣

Thanks for all your comments. 😘❤️
    @Me1620 Jodi, I just don’t know what to say! Your in-depth analysis really floored me! I appreciate so much every comment and everything you noticed. I appreciate you taking the time to watch and rewatch and make such detailed notes. I feel like I’ve just gotten two thumbs up from the film critic guys! 🤣 And the binge watch really made me smile. Over an hour and a half! Hard to believe since it was stretched out over years. I hope you enjoyed the binge watch. 😊😘 I think I will do the same and make notes on which side stories I’d still like to tell. Thanks again for everything.
    ciane wrote: »
    Here's another spoiler for your spoiler on my original spoiler:
    I just expected Bella to wander around Strangetown for a bit after escaping. Returning home to Mortimer afterwards is, of course, a nice ending. And, having Don trapped in a doll before going to the Silo is a great twist that should help him see the error or his past ways.

@ciane LOL that’s a lot of spoilers!
    I may go further with this story in the future, but for now I need a break from it!
    edited February 2021
    @Me1620 I feel like I’ve just gotten two thumbs up from the film critic guys! 🤣

1fb.png

I normally watched the episodes on my computer. But now that I am binge watching, I was watching on a tv. My husband came into the room while I was watching The Prequel. He was confused and asked, "What are you watching?" 😂
    Thanks again for everything.

No, No, thank you for everything. :*:*

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    @Me1620 LOL at your husband. I can understand his confusion. 😊
    @DeafSimmer I saw that! Thank you very much for your kind comments. :)
    edited March 2
    Can I nominate my own thread? 😂 I so don’t want to lose all your wonderful feedback on this series.

Edit: What a trip down memory lane, and I only got to page 11. I really want to go back and redo this story some day,
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
    Can I nominate my own thread? 😂 I so don’t want to lose all your wonderful feedback on this series.

Edit: What a trip down memory lane, and I only got to page 11. I really want to go back and redo this story some day,

@ZeeGee - If you don't nominate your own thread, I will. But, as I posted in your other thread, so many people have nominated their own threads. Please do!! Even though this thread may automatically be included since we have now created recent posts, please nominate it and your other threads so it will be migrated to the new forum.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top