Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sequel: Where’s Bella, The End posted

Comments

• lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    I'm glad to hear that your mom it's getting better @ZeeGee , I hope she continues with her recovery :heart:
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Popping in for a quick update. The simplified story is my mom has had heart issues all her life, which recently caused a stroke. She is in rehab and is regaining some function but will be coming home with me soon. I'm quitting work to take care of her. She is a precious little Momma who has been there for me all my life so no nursing homes, no way. We are discussing making a major move as all my siblings would like to pitch in and help. My new normal.

Haven't played Sims in a week and 2 days. No withdrawal symptoms ... yet. :)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @ZeeGee I'm so sorry that she had a stroke. Hope all goes well with the rehab and that her recovery continues to progress. It is awesome that your siblings are willing to pitch in and help you. It is a full time job and it is nice to have someone who can help out to give you a break. Take care of you and my best to your Mom and family. :::hugs and prayers:::
    I expect you have been too busy and too worried to get withdrawals yet! :)
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @ZeeGee I'm so sorry that she had a stroke. Hope all goes well with the rehab and that her recovery continues to progress. It is awesome that your siblings are willing to pitch in and help you. It is a full time job and it is nice to have someone who can help out to give you a break. Take care of you and my best to your Mom and family. :::hugs and prayers:::
    I expect you have been too busy and too worried to get withdrawals yet! :)

Thank you so much. :kissing: Yes, so busy. She starts rehab today, which will give me some time on my own. Feel guilty for saying this but desperately needed!

So now to get caught up on all your wonderful comments. :) And @Ziristha please feel free to comment on the episode if you even remember it. :lol:
    edited April 2018
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Not a lot of action?! What do you call a proposal, then?! ;) And what a beautiful proposal it was :)
    Lol, thanks. :) Too much comparing it in my head to the previous episode with crazy and fire, etc. I thought people might find it boring
    The fire really did a number on the house!
    Jared really is a dog!
    Agnes is lovely as a teen and lovely seeing Erik watching her piano recital :)

@Mikezumi mi Thanks for all your comments. :)

@ZeeGee Don't feel guilty. I did the same when hubby went to rehab from hospital two years ago. I stopped visiting on the days he had dialysis as well as therapy. It just seemed silly for me to go when he was so busy there and it was over an hour drive there and of course an hour plus back home. It has certainly helped me with my perspective on my home patients and their caregivers.
    Wowsers!! Sister went a bit on the wild side! Poor Mom....she looks so traumatized.
    :smiley: Frida is in Moonlight Falls when the game starts! Trying to stick to the original a little. :)
    I'm just awwing and grinning over the proposal. So romantic. Love the picnic and shots of them romancing. Gunther looks so much more relaxed. Gunther finally gets his happy ever after...almost. :)
    Totally loved the shot of Jared shrugging! That was just so perfectly Jared. I snickered with that one! Hubby asked what was so funny. I told him. Does he 'get' sims? Mine gets that dazed look when I try to talk about it, the same look I get when he goes on about football. :)
    Agnes is a beauty! Is that her future guy? I'm blanking on his name from SV. I liked how you aged her at the piano instead of the traditional cake.
    That's Erik Darling, lots of story left to tell there!

Thanks for commenting!
    @ZeeGee Don't feel guilty. I did the same when hubby went to rehab from hospital two years ago. I stopped visiting on the days he had dialysis as well as therapy. It just seemed silly for me to go when he was so busy there and it was over an hour drive there and of course an hour plus back home. It has certainly helped me with my perspective on my home patients and their caregivers.

Thank you. She is only about 20 minutes away so wow, an hour must have been tough. Is your hubby okay now? It has been very frustrating to be on the 'other' side of the desk but the nurses have been so amazing and that is so true, I do have a better perspective from the patient's side now. Home health? I salute you!
    edited May 2018
    emorrill wrote: »
    @ZeeGee New video! :smiley: You surprised me with this one when I saw your reply comment to me (and it was in your siggy ;) ) on the What Happened in Your Sims 3 Game Today? thread. (I actually watched it last night, but it was so late and I was exhausted and didn't want to reply as such. So sorry this is a little late. :kissing_heart: )
    Love the way you captured the damage from the fire, with just the right music, and then time passing, and the house is all fixed up again. (Good thing the Goth's are well off enough to get it fixed and not have to bulldoze the whole thing. ;) It's a lovely mansion!) I thought maybe you would show a clip of Lolita's grave in the backyard. :p
    I also love the short hair Gunther is rocking. ;) He looks FINE! <3
    The transition of Gunther's sister! :open_mouth: Mom doesn't approve of it, which doesn't surprise me. I hope she doesn't push her completely away. :(
    Ok, I saw Jared coming back into the picture and then when she went over and kissed him I was like, "Oh jeez!" :unamused: (It's a good reaction! ;) I really don't want her getting involved with him! He' bad news.....)
    And Jared proposed to another girl!? :astonished: Who's most likely carrying his child! Oh boy..... Then he all shrugs it off when she threw the ring on the floor. Wow.
    I think he's getting involved with Gunther's sis just to get back at him.... :angry:
    The way you captured Agnes' fingers on the piano! :star: She turned into a real beauty! (And I saw Erik Darling down there gawking at her before you showed it ;);) )
    Teen Connor :blush:@Charlottesmom will love to see that!
    OMGosh so cute those two laying on the grass together by the waterfall. <3
    AH! He's proposing! :smiley: That was so beautifully captured! :star: Cornelia's joyous smile, as well as Gunther's, and the way the ring was sparkling... <3 How do you get such a close up capture!? SO romantic! <3 I am like screaming with joy! :mrgreen:
    That was Gunther going to Jared's house right? I wonder what's going to happen there? :grey_question:
    Can't wait for more! :smiley:

@emorrill Looove all the comments. Thank you. :kissing: Gunther with short hair... sigh...oops, where was I?! You totally got it on Jared's motives. :)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @ZeeGee Don't feel guilty for wanting some you time. I am sure even your mother would want you to have it.
    Good luck with the move. That in itself is stressful enough. It's great that your siblings are wanting to pitch in because it will be a big job but, when the heart is involved, we find the strength *hugs*
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers *hugs*

@ZeeGee Hubby is much better than when he first came home, but he will never get back to where he was :( That is the reason I only work part time now. Way too stressful trying to do a full time job and be a caregiver too. I had to go back at least part time to pay bills though. Home nursing is fun, different from hospital for sure. Very satisfying in many ways and definitely more relaxed if you are part time like me. :) Glad that you have a short ride to visit your Mom. Good luck with the move. Is that going to happen fairly soon?
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Hugs @ZeeGee! I hope your mama makes great strides forward. Good luck on easy transitions and true helpfulness from your siblings.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @ZeeGee Don't feel guilty for wanting some you time. I am sure even your mother would want you to have it.
    Good luck with the move. That in itself is stressful enough. It's great that your siblings are wanting to pitch in because it will be a big job but, when the heart is involved, we find the strength *hugs*
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers *hugs*

Thank you :kissing_heart: We all love our Momma. She is an awesome Mom.
    @ZeeGee Hubby is much better than when he first came home, but he will never get back to where he was :( That is the reason I only work part time now. Way too stressful trying to do a full time job and be a caregiver too. I had to go back at least part time to pay bills though. Home nursing is fun, different from hospital for sure. Very satisfying in many ways and definitely more relaxed if you are part time like me. :) Glad that you have a short ride to visit your Mom. Good luck with the move. Is that going to happen fairly soon?

I'm sorry, it's good to hear that he is better though. Doctor is saying after 2 years she will be as recovered as much as possible. And as for the move, we're getting Mom moved next week. It will take awhile longer for me to get there. Gotta get both our places ready to sell! Wow all this is happening so fast.
    ciane wrote: »
    Hugs @ZeeGee! I hope your mama makes great strides forward. Good luck on easy transitions and true helpfulness from your siblings.

Thank you, Ciane :kissing_heart:
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    So now to get caught up on all your wonderful comments. :) And @Ziristha please feel free to comment on the episode if you even remember it. :lol:
    Wait! I came here to update myself about your mom's wellbeing and I find this! I promise I did not receive this notification (I double checked!) I feel terrible... for some reason!

¡En fin!
    First of all @ZeeGee I'm sorry to hear that your mom had a stroke, from what I've read it seems you have been wonderful along with your siblings, that's admirable, I'm sure with all this help your mom it's definitely going to get better :smile: I don't have first hand experience with strokes but I do have a neighbour who went through the same, she did have a wonderful recovery and it's fine now (her grumpiness didn't leave nor her love for cigarettes though :lol: ) so I'm positive that everything will be fine :blush:

As for the episode, I do remember everything which surprises me :joy:
    I actually considered waiting again to comment this, but it seems like now things are alright... right? I really hope so :blush:
    This chapter for me was magnífico! (sorry my spanish it's showing :lol: )
    I don't think you have any idea of how much I squealed during Agnes recital, I mean, I knew Erik was going to be there, but as soon as I saw that little boy I screamed, I love them both so much :bawling: and I must say I loved the transition between child!Agnes and teen!Agnes, so well done!
    Btw this scene actually made me wonder something, do you have anything planned for Agnes and Erik? I'm talking about their relationship, since I don't know when the series (or season?) it's going to end (not that I want it to end!) I'm wondering if we're going to see more about them too, just curious :smile:

Now, let's get on to the Jared thing...
    Jared, Jared, Jared, Jared...
    I don't like you :unamused:
    I mean I thought that after what happened with Lolita and her betrayal he'll come back to his senses, reconsider his friendship with Gunther but... wait, now that I mention it... did he ever considered Gunther a true friend?... huh
    I don't know if he is planning something though, I mean, he seemed evil in the chapter but I don't know if it is his permanent scowl :lol: but I don't see how he would get with Frida knowing who she is just because and especially with that other pregnant woman which I'm really curious as to who she is by the way :wink:
    I wonder what'll happen with Frida and him, I hope nothing too bad

Now for the last thing I remember! are we finally seeing a wedding in the horizon?! a real wedding, right?! the real thing? :love:
    It was so pretty, I loved that scene! Cornelia and Gunther are meant to be together! ahhh I can't wait!
    Something I'm curious about too, is the last scene, Gunther going to the Frio's home... is he going to invite Jared to his wedding? for some reason I imagine Gunther either trying to make amends or making him his best man or something :joy:
    That's all I remember! (well a little bit more, but I didn't know where to put the rest haha) I'll be waiting for next chapter! <3
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
    edited May 2018
    Ziristha wrote: »
    Wait! I came here to update myself about your mom's wellbeing and I find this! I promise I did not receive this notification (I double checked!) I feel terrible... for some reason!

@Ziristha Don't worry. I never take offense when someone doesn't answer because I figure that they either a) didn't get notified or b) just hit the awesome or like and went on. :) Which is what I do a lot when I don't have time to actually comment. And thanks for your kind words for my mom :kissing:

Looooved all your comments! Now to answer all your questions:

Yes, I have definite plans for Agnes and Erik! Season 2 is a prequel so it will end where Sunset Valley first loads up. Sort of. I cannot put that horrible hair back on Gunther. :lol: Season 3 will be "The Sequel" and more about Agnes than Cornelia, and it will probably not be anywhere near as long as Season 2! I had no clue when I started this story how long it would take me to tell it or how many episodes. First season was only 7 or 8 episodes!!
    The other pregnant woman is a townie from Midnight Hollow who Jared knocked up. Can't think of her name at the moment. She is just the first in a long line of broken hearts that Jared leaves behind. (Sunset Valley boots up with a pregnant Claire Ursine that Jared has abandoned).

Yes, we are going to have a wedding! Eventually. And Gunther going to the Frio's, I am filming that right now. We will see why he's there in the next episode. :) Though it may take me a bit longer to finish due to being so busy with my mom.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    @ZeeGee - Before I get to Sims topics I wanted to wish your mother well. You wrote your mom is awesome. She has certainly raised an awesome daughter. You are a very special person not only because you have taken on caregiver duties but also because you are moving to another home so that you can live together.

A few weeks ago, I finished binge-watching a series on Netflix. The other night, I was thinking of beginning to watch another series. Then I thought of how much I enjoyed your saga of Claire Ursine and remembered that I had not yet watched your videos on Cornelia & Agnes. That night I watched all 17 episodes. I have thoroughly enjoyed your masterpieces. I have read through this thread and others have already made comments similar to those I have. I am looking forward to future episodes.

Just a few of my comments

I have been playing the Sims since The Sims was released. While I have played some of the townies, I have never paid much attention to their backstories. I have seen Gunther Goth walking around Sunset Valley when I have played my game there. However, I had not played his household so I was not familiar with Cornelia. I only knew of Agnes because I evicted her so my Sim could live in her home. I did not know Agnes and Cornelia are sisters. How clever of you to take that bit of information shown in a family tree and create a griping prequel.

One of my first impressions in the first video was that your makeover of Cornelia was beautiful. I knew you had aged her down. I have since opened Sunset Valley and aged down both Cornelia and Agnes. Your transformation of Cornelia and Agnes with CC you have collected is an amazing improvement over how they look in a vanilla game. I liked your use of video transition to age Agnes. I have also watched your makeover video of Zelda Mae. I enjoyed watching the behind the scenes look at how you create one of your amazing transformations.

I like how you sometimes added a clip during the credits. I laughed when little Agnes was standing on the sofa calling to Cornelia that she missed a web.

I am also impressed how you took notice of Lolita's grave and developed her sad story. Her cheerleader dance was very cute and upbeat in contrast with her slow-motion ice dance which was sad and poignant. The cheerleader dance moves are what I am used to seeing what can be done with animations. Your use of player created animations to develop your stories gave your characters so much more depth than the basic animations available in the game. I am so impressed with the amount of time you have taken to place each animation to create your story and develop your characters.

After watching episode 17, I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed watching. So yesterday, I opened your original thread and was surprised to see I had last posted and read the thread in August 2017. (I have to post outside the DD thread more often.) I am sad that your other thread has quieted down as I remember how so many posts made me laugh and how much I enjoyed the Catwalk. I am glad to find this thread and that it is still active.

Looking forward to other ZeeGee creations.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @ZeeGee - Before I get to Sims topics I wanted to wish your mother well. You wrote your mom is awesome. She has certainly raised an awesome daughter. You are a very special person not only because you have taken on caregiver duties but also because you are moving to another home so that you can live together.

@Me1620 Thank you, Jodi. That made me cry happy tears. :heart: And thanks for all the lovely comments about the videos. It makes all the effort worthwhile to hear that friends enjoy them!

Yes, the old picturesque thread is dead. Everyone is gone but Scilla, you and me I think! We sure had a lot of laughs. I do miss everyone and the Catwalk. The plan was to make some more Catwalk videos but I got so caught up in the story of Cornelia and Agnes it just took over everything, including all my spare time!

I'm 4 minutes into episode 18. It's going slow due to my lack of time right now but it's getting there!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    I just dropped in to check if episode 18 is here yet. I'll check again in a week or so as it'll take time to do and you're busy. Sorry to read your mother is unwell. I'm sure she appreciates your decision to take care of her.
    edited May 2018
    @Karritz Sorry I never answered you! Thanks for your comments about my mom. She is doing better.

Now! Episode 18 PREVIEW, also a little update for those who don't follow this thread and think I've disappeared!

ETA: Oops, might help if I include the link :) Edit again: Oops, might help if I include the correct link. I'm soooooo tired, can you tell?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuHizG-oJ9o
    @ZeeGee I'm excited about seeing a new episode! Get some rest :) New update, frontal view of dress available!
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Your name popped up while I was reading about sims4 weather earlier today so I came to see what was new. Totally was not expecting to read about your Mom and am so very sorry to hear but glad that she is getting better. You are a very good daughter, not all would up and move if it meant having to sell their home. Hoping all is going well. Taking time for yourself is nessecary and it is good you have family willing to help. Get well wishes to your Mom.
    @bekkasan Beautiful dress!

@suzanna13 Thank you so much. We are very close as a family, which a lot of the health care people have commented on. It seems that’s rare nowadays. It’s hard to take care of myself given the circumstances but I’m trying. :*
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    @ZeeGee I had a look at this thread a couple of days ago and next day you posted your update. I watched and enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next bit.

It's almost 3 am at my place so I think I'll just go to sleep now and think about something more interesting to say another time.

I hope your mother is doing well.
    Better late than never, right??? Part 18 is here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr0fuHV41Gs&amp;t=26s
    @Karritz Thank you! And my mom is getting better, thanks. :) Sorry I missed your post again. Run in and out of here too quick sometimes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top