Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One question I have about the laundry system

lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
@SimGuruGraham
For example, if one sim is wearing Everyday 1 and takes a shower and a clothes pile appear on the floor/hamper, will the sim be able to wear Everyday 1 again before/while it's washed or does the game block it and they would have to wear, for example, Everyday 2 instead until Everyday 1 is clean and dry?

EDIT: Oops, I think I posted it in the wrong section, can someone change it to "SimGuruGrahams Corner > Discuss"?

Comments

• SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    You'll never actually run out of clothes to wear... the "Everyday 1" outfit for example will never become unavailable to select. The push back of the laundry system is that if you go too long without washing your clothes, eventually they'll become dirty and when worn will give your Sims negative moods, and cause reactions from other Sims.
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    @SimGuruGraham So sims will have to do laundry they will get negative mood lets and relationship hits?
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    seems the case! but if you have no hamper and/or the appropriate machinery, you won't produce any dirty laundry. so the ups and downs of laundry are optional. ya gotta stay fresh
    6riwm5.png
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    You'll never actually run out of clothes to wear... the "Everyday 1" outfit for example will never become unavailable to select. The push back of the laundry system is that if you go too long without washing your clothes, eventually they'll become dirty and when worn will give your Sims negative moods, and cause reactions from other Sims.

SimGuruGraham

Could you elaborate on this more? For example, when I play, I usually only have 1 outfit for most of the outfit categories maybe two sometimes for everyday and formal. My sims will sometimes switch to either outfit if I have given them more than one outfit for that category autonomously when I do not specifically choose it myself when they change clothes. Will the length of time for our sims clothing to become "dirty" be affected by the amount of different outfits the sim has? For example will sims that have 5 outfits per category be able to go longer (Say 2 sim weeks) without doing laundry than a sim that just has 1 outfit per category (say 3 days)?

The description for the laundry said only on the "Home" lot for the gameplay vote, does that mean that simmers cannot build a Laundry Mat Lot and not have to do laundry at home? For example, if the pack came with a Laundry Mat Venue Type, players could build there own Laundry Mat. If say the player only had a hamper on their home lot to collect clothes and could put the hamper in their inventory, they could simulate having their sims taking their clothes to the laundry mat (even without coin machines, money deducted from the sim). If the lot Venue would spawn other NCP's, then players could use it as a way to socialize and meet others while doing their laundry. Also if all the player needed was the hamper to put in their inventory, then that makes sense for the sim that cannot afford to have a washer and doesn't have time for hand washing clothes for 12 hours to wash them, so they could find time to go to the laundry mat for say maybe an hour, and bring them home to hang on the clothesline to dry so they could get other things done. If the player had both a washer/washtub, dryer/clothesline and a hamper, then the player could do the laundry at home.

Also, based on your response that I quoted, the laundry system in this pack does not make laundry optional like in the sims 3? In Sims 3, the player had to have the gameplay object on their lot (Hamper, washer/dryer/clothesline). From the information so far, if the player does not have a hamper, their will be clothes everywhere and if sims are not doing their laundry then they will have extreme negative moods and all of their relationships will be negative?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    - Will laundry piles be generated everywhere or only at the home lot? Sims spin into new outfits a lot during festivals and I dread having the place full of laundry piles.
    - How will the game calculate the time for clothes to get dirty in rotational play? Will sims whom I haven't played for several ingame weeks run around in dirty clothes all of a sudden? Or does the clock stopp for inactive households? In this case, if I play one day rotations, will I run the risk that my sims' clothes never get dirty?
    - Will there be cheats to make our sims's clothes dirty quickly? Please let it be so!
    - Will the following glitch be adressed: Sims that are dirty from low hygiene sometimes are clean again after travellig to another lot (hygiene still red, but dirt overlay missing). Is it even a common occurence for other players?
    - Will the pack bring the cleaning skill back? I miss that one dearly.