Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big will Brindleton Bay be?

124...Next

Comments

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    I am asking this because it looks big, but I'm unsure if most of it is decorative like in the past or not?
    I love the Art style for TS4 and I would, based on the other worlds you have done, love a bigger world, this is me complimenting you.

The world does look big. I love the look, also do you know we can walk out our doors and around our neighborhood, even from a restaurant or something. even to fish and some small parks sit cook and chat and go back home all without loading I love doing this.
    So to me, Sims 4 is a semi-open world :) Try this if you have not in Our Windenburg town area. you can walk all over the town.

Sorry if I am the only one that just found out about our semi-open world. I did not know and I am excited over this. :D:)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited September 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I am asking this because it looks big, but I'm unsure if most of it is decorative like in the past or not?
    I love the Art style for TS4 and I would, based on the other worlds you have done, love a bigger world, this is me complimenting you.

The world does look big. I love the look, also do you know we can walk out our doors and around our neighborhood, even from a restaurant or something. even to fish and some small parks sit cook and chat and go back home all without loading I love doing this.
    So to me, Sims 4 is a semi-open world :) Try this if you have not in Our Windenburg town area. you can walk all over the town.

Sorry if I am the only one that just found out about our semi-open world. I did not know and I am excited over this. :D:)

I would imagine the world is rather big and there are alot large of open public areas. Just a guess ut it would make sense as pets are included and can roam around.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »

I like the semi-open world. Seems a lot of the people who don't like it came to 4 straight from 3; the complete openness of 3 caused a lot of lag issues for people who weren't playing on high spec systems. 4 seems more mid-range spec friendly.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member

Well that couldn't be farther from the truth. Only two worlds are the same size and that's the two basegame worlds both with 25 lots spread out over 5 neighbourhoods. Magnolia Promenade has 4, Newcrest 15, Windenburg 27, San Myshuno 6 (with apartments), Forgotten Hollow 5.

I think this world will be similar in size to Windenburg, although I did find a world icon placeholder in the game files called something like 'The world with 9 lots', but I've no idea how long it's been there, could be nothing. I sure hope it's nothing, I want more than 9 lots!

I think it might be the world that was intended for Spa Day? There was intended to be a new map for Spa Day and I found the remaining files regarding "world_SP02" but I could be wrong.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Concerning the 9 lot world: I hope for some kind of magic related world lol. But I don't think BB has only 9 lots tbh. We'll find out soon enough I guess?
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Hopefully 25-30 lots. Maybe even bigger, but I think that is not going to happen.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    I'd like to see another free world like Newcrest come with the October Patch but if does I'd want it to look like a different world we haven't had yet.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    LesboKnope wrote: »
    Probably like the other base game or EP worlds. Magnolia promenade, Forgotten Hollow and Granite Falls are smaller, but I think they are to be considered "niche worlds". I mean, you can't even live properly in two of them and the third is very clearly for vampires.

Magnolia Promenade was likely smaller because we had the three "hidden" lots for the three active careers (Science, Police, and Doctor). Forgotten Hollow and Granite Falls came with GPs so that's different. (Actually you could live in Magnolia Promenade if you built a house there.) The base game, EP worlds and Newcrest (free world) are all equivalent in size, so I'm thinking Brindleton Bay is going to more like one of those except with a nautical theme.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    Everybody wants huge lots and I am sitting over here with the one in newcrest just empty and ugly. I am a horrible builder and besides parks, which I have plenty and one right next to said lot nothing else is in the gallery. Or houses, but I use that as a community lot area. I hope for lots of 30-20 lots, since everything marxis adds to the game (all restaurants, some parks etc) always seem to be that size.

I don't want huge lots at all! I wouldn't say I am a bad builder but I am not super good and I tend to be impatient when making lots and give up easily. And then I am super picky on the gallery because my lots have to all be SUPER cluttered AND fit in with the world soo... Newcrest is always usually pretty empty xD But tinier lots I can stand to build in most of the time. I don't lost patience

I tend to use the larger lots for community lots -- for example the Newcrest 50x40 lot has an Arts and Science Center, where I can put the larger skill building objects (telescope, microscope, rocket ship, etc.) and I can send my entire household there and everyone can work on different skills; also have a playroom for the toddlers and kids. My favorite size lot for housebuilding is 40x30 because it's most flexible -- you can have a good sized house but still have enough room for a good backyard.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Following Windenburg and San Myshuno I highly doubt that the world will have only nine lots. They have set a high standards for EP worlds and I doubt that now they would double back after the praise for Windenburg and San Myshuno and the hate for Magnolia Promenade.

Yes but this may be a Gamepack World and not an EP world.

Except it isn't a game pack.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Was hoping to see more of the town in the teaser but I guess we'll get that later on this month or closer to release.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • CruelhumanbeanCruelhumanbean Posts: 86 Member
    I'm hoping around Windenburg size. Maybe we'll get a screenshot, or something from a Guru letting us know in the coming weeks. (Fingers crossed here since I'm putting off restarting my legacy for it. :P)
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited October 2017
    I expect it will be about the same size as all the other major worlds - ie, about 5 playable areas/districts of about 5 lots each; maybe one or two stand-alone lots (probably about 25 lots altogether). I'd love it if it was bigger than that, but I can't see any reason to think it will be. What I do hope is that the playable areas will be really big (as in Windenburg) so that we can take our pets for really long walks.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @ChampandGirlie I hear you. I have a household living on almost every single lot in my game at this point. I had to create an entirely separate save file just so I could build things I wasn't necessarily going to use in my main game, but wanted to build anyway. LOL.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.