Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any CC Magic Users here? Also question about CC pillows?

I've always just merged my CC with s3pe, keeping each of my merged files to around 200MB in size. But my collection of CC kept growing so I finally decided to give CC Magic a try.

It all seems to have worked fine. Haven't noticed anything missing yet but we'll see how it goes. But I was hoping there was someone here who would know the answer to this question: if I rename my TS3 folder and start another one, none of the CC in CCMagic shows up even though that CC Magic folder stays in my Electronic Arts folder, correct?

The second question I have doesn't have anything to do with CC Magic, I am just wondering how to use those CC pillows that are supposed to sit on the bed but sit on the floor instead. Same question with the cc blankets that are shown lying on top of the beds.
The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!

Comments

• korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member
    answer to question numba 1: yes it stays in the old folder until you switch them over or rebuild it
    numba 2: i havent used them in sometime but i think i just use moo to get them to place
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    As for the pillows and blankets, you need a mod like OMSP (One More Slot Please)... there might be some others out there that I don't know of. What it does is allow you to raise or lower objects and with MOO you can place objects in areas where the game wouldn't let you previously.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Debug Enabler also lets you move things up or down if you can't find the OMSP mod. I have both in my game and use them both.
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    @Karritz That's the other mod I was thinking about! I just couldn't remember it :D
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2017
    I had no clue Debug Enabler does that too but OMSP is a must have for me.
    I used the MOO cheat to move the OMSP object into place with the CC pan on top. ctrl + shift + left-click to adjust height
    35972654014_4869340171_b.jpg
    Oven still functional :)
    35972653824_81af139051_b.jpg

I also have a CC stack of dirty dishes from aroundthesims that I use OMSP with to place in sinks.
    tumblr_o7pyidnqpB1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited August 2017
    OK, thanks all for the info, really appreciate it.

@Korset, if I wanted to move the cc to the new folder, would I just copy all of it that is in the CC Magic packages folder into the downloads folder of the new TS3 folder? Then sort/rebuild again?

I thought of another question though about CC Magic, is there a fast and easy way to make sure you aren't installing things you already have? Does it just ignore duplicate items (should that happen; I'm collecting quite a lot of CC and there are lots that I like but I don't install them through the launcher and some creators use some of the same items)?

edit: rereading that last paragraph gave me a headache, lol. I will try to re-phrase.

Say there are two houses from a creator that I want in my game but I want to install all the cc as package files. But some of the package files are duplicates because the creator used a few items in both houses. If I turn them into packages and put them all in my downloads folder, I know it will let me know if there are duplicates (at least I think). But if I install one house one day and decide a few days later I want another house, is there an easy way to tell if the item has already been installed? (Hopefully that's clearer.)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member
    @HappySimmer3
    No, you just copy whats in your mods folder over or just rebuild it.Like you would do with reg cc. All cc is stored in the main CC magic archive in the document folder.(loves how it backs up everything for you) Regarding duplicates, it will auto rename won't install it more than once will just take up a place in your CC magic archive.
    Also if you can put lots as is in CC magic and it'll install them when I'm lazy I do that